PDA

View Full Version : Just me.. or was AnimeNext boring? >.o

Jrocker_Dix
06-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey everyone~
I'm not one to say that things 'suck' too often, but honestly, I think AnimeNext this year was really quite bad. o.o
There was pretty much nothing to do other than watch limited random anime in rooms, go to the dealers room, or the video game room.. Mostly I saw people just sitting around and talking.. I paid for a weekend pass for this? >.o The Jrock concert was alright, liking the music was a matter of opinion, but it was just strange that it was a small crowd for the size of the room.. and the fact we had to wait on huge lines for 30+ minutes for events that weren't even full.. is pointless. The Anime Music videos is an example, the line curved around the hall, but after waiting for a half hour or more, we discovered the room was half empty, and the sound kept giving out every now and then. A bunch of videos were really really well done tho. ^^ I'm not trying to bash it at all, I know there are people that had fun, and I'm really glad about that. ^_^ As long as there are people who felt they got their money's worth. I know there were the little workshops, but the fact they were independent of the con and had their own charges was not cool.. don't blame them for the $5 fee, but I wish it was somehow included in the day/weekend pass. o.o It's okay to disagree with me ^^;; but I'm just not sure how many other people see it this way. It was worth meeting new people, though, but it also seemed that really well done cosplay outfits were not appreciated. Ah well, I better end this, I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting too much o.o;;

~Dix

Sephy Unit 02
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I guess i see where you're coming from. I was there saturday with a few buds. It was my 2nd convention (Baaf 2003 being my first) but my first time Cosplaying (Sephiroth) so that was a good experience :). It was fun seeing all the cool costumes but i did find myself getting a bit bored toward the end. I'm gona make sure I meet more people next time.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I loved it. o.o;;; It was the funnest con I`ve ever been to. ^.^;;;; `Course I was on a glomping spree, which made everything fun! =D And I was Pudding! And being Pudding can amuse me forever!

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I loved it. o.o;;; It was the funnest con I`ve ever been to. ^.^;;;; `Course I was on a glomping spree, which made everything fun! =D And I was Pudding! And being Pudding can amuse me forever!

I thought it rocked too.
I changed man.
I was the Selphie with the Cactuar.
And the Inuyasha >.>' girl like verison in the rave.
And Kagome, and Kaoru.. and punkish stuff, and all this blah.
IT WAS FUn.
ROCK ON I TINK I HUGGED YOU ALOT

Sephy Unit 02
06-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Well I know i definitley hugged a Selphie with a Catuar. I was walking with a Squall and sorta needed to hug a FF fan. Awesome job on your costumes by the way :)

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh, oh! I know rave-er-er-ess Inu Yasha! You were great!!! >D We were dancin` so hot at the dance on Saturday. XD Yeah, I had an AWESOME time!!! I mean, RAVER INU YASHA AND an obnoxious group of Mew Mew`s!!! Thats just perfect! =D

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:10 PM
:x Then you huggled meh.
I WAS THE ONE WITH THE BIG CACTUS.
: ) Named Kupi Lol.\\//
And I was the Raver Inuyasha.
:x Lol Girl.
Form.

hikura
06-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I thought it rocked too.
I changed man.
I was the Selphie with the Cactuar.
And the Inuyasha >.>' girl like verison in the rave.
And Kagome, and Kaoru.. and punkish stuff, and all this blah.
IT WAS FUn.
ROCK ON I TINK I HUGGED YOU ALOT
It was nice to meet you Tainted-Embrace.I promise i was not acutally going to bite.I have an usual sense of humor.I am a really nice guy.
On the subject matter of the con.Overall the con was ok.I noticed alot of the major things either ran late or started really late or both.I have had more fun at bigger cons and smaller cons.Plus several other things came up that kinda made the con for me not as fun.

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:14 PM
It was great meeting everyone and hanging out with peeps till the wee morning hours.

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:14 PM
:) Nice to meet you too, hope you had fun.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I met (and Huggled) lotsa people and yeah, the con staff were EVIL and the stuff started late but, it was still really really fun. ^.^ And I`m an attention sucker and our group got lotsa attention. But, now I`m back to being that little goth girl no mommies let their kids near. v.v *Sigh*

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the cereal too!
I should have slept under a table in the artists gallery...

Sephy Unit 02
06-20-2004, 09:18 PM
lol I know what you mean. After finally cosplaying im obsessed! *Wanders aimlessly for more tri-state cons that don't exist.* Anyone stay for the whole weekend?...

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:21 PM
I wanted to stay for the wjole thing but, I had to leave early Sunday. >.< Pffft....

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:22 PM
:x So exciting..: ) I can't wait for Otakon.

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Anyone sleep at all? lol

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I can`t go to Otakon! I have to wait `till AnimeBoston `05!!!!! I am SAD!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I didn't sleeep after the rave.
Me and the Spike guy aka Sean.
And Janet and Tiffy and Eric
all hanged out til we left at 8 am.
:x Lol.

hikura
Anyone sleep at all? lol
I slept for a total of maybe 8 to 10 hours the entire weekend.And i am the same boat Mew_Pudding,it looks i am not going to otakon due to the fact i can not find anyone to ride with.

KaineMaxwell
hey, I hung with you guys too! lol

Sorahana
06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I <3 AnimeNext. It's my favorite con as of now! I met so many people, had ALOT of fun, won the karaoke contest (wh00t!!), and met Richard Cox *_*. I had a kick ass time. I'm just in a semi-depressed state because I had to leave Saturday night right before the Cosplay started ;_;. I MISS EVERYONE!!

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:29 PM
I`m in a depressed state `cuz I left...Sunday but...it`s OVER!!! :waaaah:

And nope, I didn`t sleep at ALL. >D I`m so tired right now but, I dun have school tomorrow so, HA!

I miss you all too! ;_;

Us poor non-Otakon not-goers. ;_;

Sephy Unit 02
06-20-2004, 09:29 PM
I R n00b. When is Otakon???

Tainted-Embrace
06-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I KEPT SCREAMING.
RICHARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
I lost my voice.
Yes Kaine you came over for a few Lol.

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:33 PM
You were about to beat me with your Cactar since I didn't recognize you at first too. lol

Ashbrie
06-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Boring? Nooo ;_; It was fun...but then again, I got to crawl around under my friends giant hoop skirt, so I guess that would make any con fun. ^_^;; No but really, despite me constantly forgetting to eat and getting low blood sugar, I really enjoyed it. *Dances around* Wee!

Sorahana
06-20-2004, 09:36 PM
I kept running into you Kaine.....literally........*lmfao* It was funny hehe. I am going to Otakon, I am going to be in Otaku Idol wh00t! I got in a fight with Richard during a panel, interacted with him alot during the panels, and hugged him lol. Sorry I'm a major Richard Cox fan ^O^!

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Actually I kept running into CCAmandra and Android18 the most.

hikura
06-20-2004, 09:38 PM
I kept running into you Kaine.....literally........*lmfao* It was funny hehe. I am going to Otakon, I am going to be in Otaku Idol wh00t! I got in a fight with Richard during a panel, interacted with him alot during the panels, and hugged him lol. Sorry I'm a major Richard Cox fan ^O^!
I ran into you on friday night and complimented you on yoru costume.I was the guy that came up to and askedd if you were CCAmanda.You of course replied yes and i introduced myself.It was good meeting you.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Boring? Nooo ;_; It was fun...but then again, I got to crawl around under my friends giant hoop skirt, so I guess that would make any con fun. ^_^;; No but really, despite me constantly forgetting to eat and getting low blood sugar, I really enjoyed it. *Dances around* Wee!

That was a cool hoopskirt too, that musta been fun. XDD

My Mom kept harrassing us to eat the whole con `cuz none of our Mews wanted to! XD

Ashbrie
06-20-2004, 09:48 PM
That was a cool hoopskirt too, that musta been fun. XDD

My Mom kept harrassing us to eat the whole con `cuz none of our Mews wanted to! XD

Yes, me going under the hoop skirt got us a lot of attention. ^_^;; Teehee.

I always forget to eat at every convention. I swear, who needs exercise to lose weight when you can just go to a con and forget to eat? o_o;; I need to eat more ramen is what I need. -_- lol

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:50 PM
RAMEN!!! >D I could live off that stuff!

I agree, we shall call it the "Con Diet." You go and don`t sleep or eat, be hyper and play DDR until your ready to pass out!! XD

Ashbrie
06-20-2004, 09:54 PM
RAMEN!!! >D I could live off that stuff!

I agree, we shall call it the "Con Diet." You go and don`t sleep or eat, be hyper and play DDR until your ready to pass out!! XD

Now THAT'S a diet I could follow! :thumbsup: With the only occasional piece of pocky to keep your energy up. :P lol

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 09:55 PM
My new avatar says it all. ^^

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Me too, I practically lived off Pocky at the con. Since I had been earing so much of it, I got really thirsty and then dumbly bought a Ramune, I had to ask people how to get that darn thing opened. >.< All I wanted was a driiiiink@

My new avatar says it all. ^^

*Lmao!*

Galaxia
06-21-2004, 12:34 AM
I knew I saw Tainted-Embrace on Saturday morning! =D

Yeah, I thought the con was really fun! I took loads of pics, and people took pics of me, I finally got to meet some of my friends, and I thought that most of the AN staff were really really stupid...other than that, it was an awe!!some!! day =D

Initial Diesal
06-21-2004, 01:32 AM
I guess it is what you do with your time that makes a day good or bad. I had a good time, it was good to see everyone again. So people know I'm no stranger... I was the Robo Ky and the K' in the Cosplay skits. The I'm too sexy along with Tom, Anna and Chris.

YEs I was indeed sad they brough anime next to this small hotel again, but still it brought people together.

Also I have to say Mew pudding, your acting is wonderful. I just find it very cute and I've yet to see the anime. Congrats to you and all other winners this con.

There were quite a large number of young cosplayer these days, I hope things go far in the future.

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 07:13 AM
I ended up mentioning several times to some friends that i had more fun at Tekkoshocon, but every con is different, ya no. maybe i just prefer small cons. ::shrug::

Osuwari
06-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I had fun at this time. Got to hang out with everyone and stuff. ^-^ Before the rave I hear all this yelling and I found out that they were playing duck duck goose! So me and my friends played ^-^ WOOT! I got to finnaly meet Richard *freaks out*!! Omg what about did anyone hear pplz singing before the cosplay? Yeah me and my friends we were singing all sorts of songs. *giggles* I requested Veronica Taylor(Ash from Pokemon) to say I love you Misty. She did and I was like omg! ^-^ Thought that was neat and all. I guess it just depends who you end up going to the con with and what you do. I had alot of guest to meet and I did go to there pannel twice.

neoangelwink
06-21-2004, 11:29 AM
^_^ it was pretty good. ther more good panels. i was i could done more friday and saturday. there so much i want to do. sunday was great i did plush panel, girl in games panal, adult swim and amv. artes ally was good igot cute pin tere. on friday i was panelest on final fatasy fan basic. i sold hats on fridany and sat. did lots ff shoots. did the cosplay. went to the game room chck out consirt. look at lots of stuff. hang out with many freinds. bought stuff for my brother, bf starwind, my freind help sale sale hats and me. i had good time cant complain. ^_^ con only be fun if u make it fun.

Misa-chan
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
I requested Veronica Taylor(Ash from Pokemon) to say I love you Misty. She did and I was like omg! ^-^ Thought that was neat and all.

OMG Tiffy that's just like what you did to the Yusuke guy o.O lol

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Also I have to say Mew pudding, your acting is wonderful. I just find it very cute and I've yet to see the anime. Congrats to you and all other winners this con.

Thank Yooooou!~ *Dances* Now I feel special! ^.^ That`s one of my favorite things about cons, being in character! =D

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 06:27 PM
:x I was Amanda's friend, the one who spiked her >> Gippal Wig.
Lol the one who was Selphie with the Cactuar, and Inuyasha Girl.
{ I was Kaoru too, and small other things cause I tried to be
skitso and change but Lol X! }
I seen John >> Master dude at the rave and Con.
: ) And I seen the Mew girls.
And the Paine and Rikku who I danced with when we were jamming to the "Furke" Song.
Lol. : ) And I seen a bunch of people.
Omg I miss you all.
:'( Come backkkkkkkk.
Lol I love you.

x.x'

Senko-chan
06-21-2004, 06:29 PM
well...sunday was pretty much extremely boring for me...mainly because I had to stay with my friend's parental, but...I dont think that it was too boring...it might be if you were all by yourself.

Senko-chan
06-21-2004, 06:29 PM
EEP! KAYLA! *hides from the bokken*

Lady Ava
06-21-2004, 07:49 PM
The con had its ups and downs. It all depends on how you wanted it to be. For me, I kept myself busy running around with my friend, trying to get our skit together for the masquerade. Then, the minor photoshoots, practicing for the masquerade, DDR, and just hanging around made the weekend enjoyable for me. ^_^

I do admit that it was disorganized, but the only convention related things I did were the Hall Cosplay and the cosplay.

I managed to keep myself busy, so that took away from any boring aspects of the con. ^.^

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
It rocked for me, maybe cause I seen everyone I loveddd,
and met new people.
Forget about the staff, lets just love the cosplatyers.

Mythril
06-21-2004, 08:01 PM
I had a good time, but that was mainly because of the company i kept. The people I was with made the con fun, but I found a lot of problems with the con's organization and staffers... being screamed at when you are waiting patiently for something and being moved along like cattle and being prodded by bokens are not my idea of crowd control ^_^;;; But Peelander Z was hilarious and I saw a lot of great costumers. Some fangirls need to... umm.. show some more respect to others though during shows. I felt really bad --> Thank god for Richard Kim as well.

Ashbrie
06-21-2004, 08:06 PM
And the Paine and Rikku who I danced with when we were jamming to the "Furke" Song.

"FURKE FURKE FURKE FURKE FURKE FURKE FUUUUUUUUURKE!!!!!" ^_~ Good times dude, good times. I don't think I ever cursed so much in my entire life.

Flippy
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Bad:
The lighting problems took away from the con alittle
The panels weren't as good as last year.
They didn't have anything showing that wasn't heinti after like 12am so I couldn't watch anything.
Good:
I loved the twisted duck duck goose.
Some of the skits almost had me on the floor from laughing.
Tainted-Embrace what where you on in the hallway waiting for that masquerade? The showtones where funny now that I look back on it. You were so much nicer when you were raver inu...Oh so many guys were hitting on you then..lol....it was fun thanks to your antics.
Other stuff too...I liked alot more than disliked it

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
OMG YES. FURKE FURKE.
FURKE YOU.
FURKE YAH.
Just shut the FURKE UP.
FURKE.
FURKEEEEER.
Lol.
It was fuun.

Ashbrie
06-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Some fangirls need to... umm.. show some more respect...

Oi, I hear that...This con was the first I ever got scary-fangirl glomped. ;_; She screamed out "RIKKU!" but seeing as I'm someone who doesn't even respond to my own name, I just assumed she meant another one of the other Rikku's...but next thing I know I'm being squeeeeezed! o_o My Paine-friend pulled me away and hugged me to save me thank goodness. Then the girl said that Rikku and Paine made a cute couple...o_O Am I the only one who believes that couple would be a train wreck?

"RIKKU, MAKE ME DINNER!"
"Noooooo I dun wanna..."
*SMACK SMACK*
"OW MY FACE!"

Or...maybe that's just my friend and me when in character. ^_^;;; But anyway, yeah, fangirls are scary. Earlier the same girl also hugged my friend while she was hoop skirt Freya and put her head on her chest. o_o ...Yeah

Tainted-Embrace: BANZAI FUUUUURKE!!!!!! Hooray for Peelander Z, eh? ^_^

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I kept myself busy with friends, cosplaying, photoshoots and the dealer's room too.

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Seedie - Dude you rocked, and so did your friend Paine.
:x You both probably thought I was insane.
But I loved dancing with you guys.
:x And singing their furke song.
Yessssssssssss.
We rocked the corner near the pianooo.

Ashbrie
06-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Seedie - Dude you rocked, and so did your friend Paine.
:x You both probably thought I was insane.
But I loved dancing with you guys.
:x And singing their furke song.
Yessssssssssss.
We rocked the corner near the pianooo.

Man that was sooooo fun. At first my friend and I were tired and getting low blood sugar from the concert so we were like, totally dead. Then you came and we started dancing and we were alive again! Yay! ^_^ That was definatly one of the highlights of the con...teehee furke.

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Some of the most fun I had was staying up till 6am talking with friends, etc.

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
:) Rock on man.
Those dudes made our night with the Furke song.
And then you guys made my night with the dancing.
YOu gavE me SeLpHie EnErGy Lol.
IT RUSHED back.
:)

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 08:39 PM
I had fan-girl proplems too O.o

Ashbrie
06-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Thank goodness for the furke songs! With their power, and the power of dancing, we GOT MEGA SUPER ULTRA ENERGY! MUAHAHA!

o_o;; *Hyper* Don't mind me...teehee.

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Fangirls = My Danni who was a Rikku.
She rocked.
:x Lol.

Tainted-Embrace
06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
<-----------UBER HYPER TOO.
It was fun.
You were a cute Rikku and Dita.
:x Miss Seedie.

freakyarcher
06-21-2004, 08:51 PM
the lines did get on my nerves. and i didn't often find help in the animenext volunteers. also the gothic lolita tea party ended an hour early and the dance started too late. when i wasn't running from one event to another or waiting on line for 2 hours for an autograph from richard cox, i was enjoying whatever it was i was on time for (the masquerade the music videos and rock concert). i would do it again, but bring the uno cards just in case.

Ashbrie
06-21-2004, 08:54 PM
<-----------UBER HYPER TOO.
It was fun.
You were a cute Rikku and Dita.
:x Miss Seedie.

Aww thank you! And your were a cute Selphie and Raver Inuyasha!

"I'm Inuyasha, WITH BOOBS!" XD Ahaha that was great.

Zetchi
06-21-2004, 09:28 PM
It wasn't just you. I thought there would have been a lot more to do. I felt kind of dissappointed. I guess I expected too much, considering BAAF was my first con and I thought they were going to be somewhat similar. Hopefully, they'll make it better next year.

freakyarcher
06-22-2004, 12:54 PM
hopefully we can all meet again at another con, i'm starting to make plans for next year's animenext because although i expected it to be more organized, i did get richard's autograph and i met most of you which is always a great thing. plus, running around with emergency crazy glue for my lulu dress was keeping my mind off of the long lines and mean security guards :crylaugh:

Flippy
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
OMG YES. FURKE FURKE.
FURKE YOU.
FURKE YAH.
Just shut the FURKE UP.
FURKE.
FURKEEEEER.
Lol.
It was fuun.
Whats with the somewhat curses? :confused:

Ashbrie
06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Whats with the somewhat curses? :confused:

Ahaha...Peelander-Z were singing all these songs constiting of nothing but the f-word...and after awhile, some of us outside of the concert just started screeeeeaming them like craaaazy...It was good.

Biku-Chan
06-22-2004, 02:27 PM
I had a horrible headache throughout most of the con so I couldn't really tell if it was good or bad. I did have fun but the migrane I had really pushed me to the limits. I was ready to cry... I was the Advent Children Tifa is anybody was wondering.

ShoyesaiNoMiko
06-22-2004, 02:30 PM
THERE you are, AC Tifa! I couldn't remember your username! ^^;; It's the other AC Tifa ^_^ I hope your headache's better!

Biku-Chan
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Ah! There you are! You should IM me on AIM sometime... or on yahoo. AIM: A Sinners Abyss

Yahoo: Tifas_Lost_Hope

Tainted-Embrace
06-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Lol I did say that too.
"Its me Selphie, now I'm the Inuyasha with Boobs."!
Lol.
:x Rock on man.
Furke Furke<-- They sung that through out the whole song.
Lol.

KaineMaxwell
06-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Must remember to bring more food to otakon and other cons.

hikura
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Must remember to bring more food to otakon and other cons.
This automatically reminds me of me feeding you and kevin lillard.Don't you mean next time we are at the same con you should come bug me for food lmao.Plus speakign of food.Tainted_Embrace i really do not bite.No need to fear me lol.