PDA

View Full Version : Anime Next Pictures Up

rogue
06-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Here are our Anime Next pictures. I'm sorry we don't have all that many. Due to all the Nazi con staff it was real difficult to get pictures. We got tired of being yelled at every time we stopped for a moment to take a picture. Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay
- go to cons
- then to anime next

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Yay! You have some good pictures! (And I already worship you for having done almost every Utena costume eveeer. o.o; ) I completely agree with you about the staff. Our group lost my mother and we had to wait for her to come back adn they yelled at us to move so, we got lost-ed more. XD So we wandered for a while. ^.^;;

Sephy Unit 02
06-20-2004, 09:25 PM
There was this one little dorky security guard who yelled at me like 70 times. I was leaving at the front and he yelled "Cosplay is closed!" from about 20 feet away a, thinking i wanted to be part of the masq. It was pretty funny how anal they were actually.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Funny in a really irritating kinda way. XD Wasn`t funny then but, it`s funny now. ^.^

Arenyth
06-21-2004, 03:21 AM
I dont understand why they were freaking out over everyone taking pictures. I've never seen a staff so ill prepared and so anal at the same time. I was walking down the stairs and I saw a group of Final Fantasy cosplayers being told to move on, and stop taking pictures. It's a con, for christ's sake. People are going to take pictures.
Although no one has posted mine yet...

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 07:12 AM
yay im the first picture! rogue and flexei you guys did a great job on all your cosplays (as usual) and you won what, two major awards? w00t!

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Yay! I recognize who you are now ... because I remember where I was standing when you took that picture. Why do I always look so stoned in pictures? o.O;;

neoangelwink
06-21-2004, 11:23 AM
there really good pic

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:22 PM
I dont understand why they were freaking out over everyone taking pictures. I've never seen a staff so ill prepared and so anal at the same time. I was walking down the stairs and I saw a group of Final Fantasy cosplayers being told to move on, and stop taking pictures. It's a con, for christ's sake. People are going to take pictures.

Amen to that. Evil Phsyco Con Staff-ers of DOOOOM. >.<

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:25 PM
I got in trouble too,hehe like 7 times

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Me too, just for standing, or taking pictures, or in the masquerade when they had us all line up outside and were screaming, "SINGLE FILE!" They smushed us up against the wall and my tail almost broke, my friends wings were almost crushed and there was this FF4 girl by us who had these huge pretty red wings that really couldn`t go single file. And then I walked into a chair trying to get single file. x.o;

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:31 PM
I got told that too
But I went to the 2nd floor, where there was only like 2 of them.

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh well, I still loved this con to little tiny pieces!!! ^_^ Staffers can`t take happy con-ness! >D

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Nazi con staff is right. :: Fume ::

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I was afaird to get hit by their wooden swords

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Yesh. Swords and evil con staff are scary! ;_; *Whimper*

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Lol, it woulda been great if someone had a sword fight with them

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:41 PM
And even funnier if they won. XD But, I woulda used my Magical Girl powers and annoyed them with my Pudding Rings, they make sooooooooooounds! =D

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 12:41 PM
LOL yeah, I thought if I got out of line I'd be ... "bokened" o.O;;

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
If only I brought my Lee sword

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
XD With good reason. o.o;;; Con staff shouldn`t make us poor cosplayers scared. o.o

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Sailor Moon V.S. Anime Next Staff

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Sailor Moon would so win. XD

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Yes, it would be so funny

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Melvin would annoy them all into submitting. ;)

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Melvin would annoy them all into submitting. ;)

*laughin*
That would be a funny sight

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 01:08 PM
My hammer would snap that cute boken in half and you know it! Or at least the side I had it hooked onto does. =(

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 01:09 PM
i heard there was a fight that happened outside?

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 01:10 PM
*laughin*
That would be a funny sight
Or throw spicey fried shrimp at them.

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Sakura with the clow cards....v.s. the staff

sailor-moon
06-21-2004, 01:48 PM

..my Uranus/Haruka wanted to beat the staff with sticks..for reasons i cant give out,... LOL

XD

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Lol, We should tie them to trees and let little children beat them with sticks

sailor-moon
06-21-2004, 01:52 PM

im all for that *_*

you can count on the very annoyed: Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Kamen, Haruka, and StarFighter.... >.<

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Lol, we should try it next year

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Anime Next staff pinyatas? So what comes out when you open them, Pocky and anime?

I'm fighting the site right now to upload most my pics. X_X

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 02:01 PM
LOL, Pokey would come out

NeikoRae
06-21-2004, 05:24 PM
i heard there was a fight that happened outside?

i do know of one fight between two of the FF char during the big FF char photo shoot but i think they were just having fun... and there were some Cosplay haters who tried picking fights with people in costume... i dont get why they come to these conventions is it only cause they want to pick fights and play vid games?

Jrocker_Dix
06-21-2004, 05:25 PM
I was afaird to get hit by their wooden swords

LOL.. oh man, quite true. All of them seemed to have one. O.o;;

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I heard one person got hit by one O.O

Sorahana
06-21-2004, 05:56 PM
The staff and their bokkens -_-. Yea I was probably with that bunch of FF cosplayers by the steps that got yelled at. I got yelled at in line after Richard Cox signed my stuff because I asked him if he could say something for my cellphone they were like "KEEP MOVING!!" Richard kinda got a weird look on his face after that lol xD. And I remember the nerdy staffer all too well --;. The staff reminded me of BAAF -_- lol.

Rukawa
06-21-2004, 06:05 PM
im all for that *_*

you can count on the very annoyed: Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Kamen, Haruka, and StarFighter.... >.<

See thats why I should of bought that sword XD Chibi Mamo with a sword LOL

ItsMeJT
06-21-2004, 06:10 PM
i do know of one fight between two of the FF char during the big FF char photo shoot but i think they were just having fun... and there were some Cosplay haters who tried picking fights with people in costume... i dont get why they come to these conventions is it only cause they want to pick fights and play vid games?

yeah, i saw the FF fight, it was just Seifer and Zell going at each other, with everybody else jumping in to help once in awhile.

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
I heard one person got hit by one O.O
How much HP did they lose? :P

sailorrikku
06-21-2004, 06:41 PM
I think 90 hp, counting it was only wooden.
But I think they uised a healing spray

marsie
06-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Not to be a bitch....but I was on staff and was on security. We had 3000 people and ten guards. The area was not equiped for photoshoots to be held inside. Which is why....I posted they needed to be held outside. I believe i said it quite a few times.

We were over worked and many of you really(no one in particular from this site that I remember) were pushing them limits. I am just saying things from a staffers view here that we may have been loud but you all didn't make the job easy.

Saturday, I was yelled at in my face by 7 different cosplayers because it was taking too long to set up for the masq. Considering we only had 5 av people they were doing it as fast as they could. I had parents tell me off becuase they let their 12 year old kids run around the con, and when they went missing it was MY fault.

I dealt with theft, irrate guests, pissed off hotel staff because people broke tables, chairs, beds, and walls, etc.

Try to understand that we work really hard for months to make this go as smoothly as possible, we get no sleep and we don't get to enjoy any of the con, plus this is all volunteer. Then to come in here and read that we were nazis...it is very upseting.

zephy
06-22-2004, 02:15 AM
Not to be a bitch....but I was on staff and was on security. We had 3000 people and ten guards. The area was not equiped for photoshoots to be held inside. Which is why....I posted they needed to be held outside. I believe i said it quite a few times.

We were over worked and many of you really(no one in particular from this site that I remember) were pushing them limits. I am just saying things from a staffers view here that we may have been loud but you all didn't make the job easy.

Saturday, I was yelled at in my face by 7 different cosplayers because it was taking too long to set up for the masq. Considering we only had 5 av people they were doing it as fast as they could. I had parents tell me off becuase they let their 12 year old kids run around the con, and when they went missing it was MY fault.

I dealt with theft, irrate guests, pissed off hotel staff because people broke tables, chairs, beds, and walls, etc.

Try to understand that we work really hard for months to make this go as smoothly as possible, we get no sleep and we don't get to enjoy any of the con, plus this is all volunteer. Then to come in here and read that we were nazis...it is very upseting.

I just had a nice long post that my computer ate, so I'll keepthis short and simple.

Thank you Marsie Bethie-poo! you kickass and thanks for having the courage to say that!

To anyone who was displeased with the waythings were run or have any ideas as to how to run things better, I can say only this: Volunteer. Help is always needed and the only way things can be "better" is by having people there to help.

Nozomi Wazawa
06-22-2004, 07:35 AM
I see how it could be difficult to manage a con but the security gaurds could have been a little bit nicer... they didn't have to be all nazi like and repeat the same thing over and over (the single file thing in particular) when everyone was trying their best. I mean when people spend a very long amount of time making their costumes, they don't really want them round because of "rules and regulations". Oh and Zephy, where do we sign up to volunteer 'cause I'd gladly help out next time.

zephy
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
You can always try emailing volunteers@animenext.org , or, if you wish to be on any particular staff, I would suggest emailng the head of said department. I know that everyone is typically always willing and happy to have people working for them.

If you had any issues with any particular staffers (I'm talking more specifics, not "THE ENTIRE STAFF SUX!!!!!!," but more like "this gentlemean who was here doing this and looked like this," etc), I would suggest also emailing the heads to tell them.

marsie
06-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Well...the single file line thing was because the hotel staff said we had to be in a single file line or they would get the fire marshall. I know because I was the one who was shouting it.

It would have been easier if everyone was in a single file line. And if you couldn't get into the line because of your costume, I would have had you stand away from the wall with the Chii who had the metal hoop skirt. I was accomidating to those who asked.

And those "rules and regulations" are called Fire Codes. the hallway was too packed and the hotel food staff could not get through. That was an order from the hotel manager, and hotel security, NOT AnimeNext.

Biku-Chan
06-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Hehe... wow... I was in such a bad mood when you took that picture when I covered my face... sorry that it ruined the picture. I had a horrible headache and I lost one of my buttons to my outfit. ;.; But I found it later! x.x;

NeikoRae
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
wow.. it signed me out for once... er...

It was kinda obviouse that the staffers were stressed but i truly do wish they had known a bit more bout what was going on, when the masquerade was underway we kept getting pushed and thrown in different dirrections and none of the staffers knew where we should have gone... it would nice if some one had told them rather than messy jumble...

irrate stressed staffers are kinda scary 0_0''

no offence to any of them.

marsie
06-23-2004, 03:09 PM
I know I told people where to go, the correct way, because I was working the door to the masqurade.
A few loverly people helpped me keep my sanity, in that line. Thank god for anna, and the cage skirt chii. They were awesome to talk to.

Akezumante
06-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Lol, the nazi thing turned into more of a joke because every staff member WAS walking around with bokken. Sorry if that got out of hand ... I understand it must have been hard. =/ I wish there was a designated area (instead of outside) to take pictures though ... which is my suggestion. Outside can ruin whatever you want to take in a picture ... I had a few things that wouldn't look right if I was outside. May be a room or something?

neoangelwink
06-24-2004, 12:33 AM
it was not easy getting pic taking. do to small hallways and space to take pic in. have to see it was not easy for staff to mive poeple a round and keeep very one happy.
do changing of shoot time on last minite.