PDA

View Full Version : A...differnet InuYasha outfit idea

Leif_405
06-21-2004, 12:38 AM
i got bored the other day and was thinking, "Does a cosplay outfit have to stick to exactly what the character wears?" this led to the idea of an InuYasha outfit that puts him in more present day clothing. Currently i am still in the thinking phases of the whole thing. basically i would make a sort of 'Raver' InuYasha. I would need a white wig(still long hair though), red beanie, doggy demon ears, red raver pants, an inuyasha t-shirt and a red hoodie/jacket. i just can't think of how to get the Tetsaiga, i mean i don't want to make a transformed tetsaiga from paper machet, i prefer that katana non-transformed version. any suggestions, comments, critizism is very openly accepted. thank you.

Eleryth
06-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with being original. There's lots of Inuyasha's floating around conventions, and it would still be a recognizeable character. If you want to do it, go for it!

By the way, I also need red raver pants for something else... lemme know where you find some. ^^

Scortia
06-21-2004, 10:00 AM
go for it if you wanna cut back on the cosplay work... just letting you know I've seen 3 or so raver Inu Yasha already... the raver and gothic cosplays are becoming more and more abundant... or as many of us call them "Hot Topic cosplaying".

Chiri
06-21-2004, 09:11 PM
I can agree with Scortia. Why not try the opposite and do a thug InuYasha XD?? Um yeah...Don't listen to me. ::scoots away::

TheRealFolkBlue
06-21-2004, 09:41 PM
As Long as The costume will be reconignisible (Trust me, it sucks to have 100 people walk up and say "And you are??"
I think It would be a very cool idea

Eleryth
06-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Hmm, other variants?

Inuyasha goes to school - the hair and ears are usually recognizeable enough; seeing him in a gakuran (or whatever Kagome's school's boys uniform is) would be neat (like he came to her time and decided to stay). Or make his uniform red?

Sadly, I can't really think of much...

Dreamer81382
06-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Most definitely.

An original costume is even more impressive when it's able to fit in with continuity. That not only shows creativity, but also devotion and knowledge of the show you're cosplaying.

Inuyasha school uniform is an excellent example of that.

Lyulf
06-22-2004, 07:15 AM
You don't even have to do his half demon version either, try it as his human form with a black wig

Excel_Dudette
06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
I wanna go as Kikyo

Shanks
06-22-2004, 03:50 PM
i got bored the other day and was thinking, "Does a cosplay outfit have to stick to exactly what the character wears?" this led to the idea of an InuYasha outfit that puts him in more present day clothing. Currently i am still in the thinking phases of the whole thing. basically i would make a sort of 'Raver' InuYasha. I would need a white wig(still long hair though), red beanie, doggy demon ears, red raver pants, an inuyasha t-shirt and a red hoodie/jacket. i just can't think of how to get the Tetsaiga, i mean i don't want to make a transformed tetsaiga from paper machet, i prefer that katana non-transformed version. any suggestions, comments, critizism is very openly accepted. thank you.

Here you go kiddo :D

http://www.fantasyprops.com/gallery/tetsusaiga.html

Gonna have to email that guy about it though, see prices and whatnot.

Excel_Dudette
06-22-2004, 05:24 PM
can anyone give me tips on how to make kikyo's costume?

Excel_Dudette
06-22-2004, 05:25 PM
can anyone give me tips on how to make kikyo's costume?

Tora
06-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Heyyyy! I've done a "raver version" and a "modern version" (edit - Ohhh yah! and a "pj version" too ^_^) that you can check out in my gallery if ya want. The ideas I had were based on a few fanpics I drew and my friends loved 'em. SO I figured why not make costumes that look like that ^_^.

I tend to keep the untransformed Tetsusaiga at my side when in those costumes too. You have a few choices, you can either use a base hilt and connect it directly to the sheath, or shave down a real bokken, cover it with metal tape, and find a fitting sheath for that. My friend Chris made my untransformed Tetsusaiga for me and that's what he did.

Either way, sword or not, you'll be fine. It's fun to get reactions out of people who already love the character, and seeing the character in a different outfit can make them crazy! LOL Just watch out for flying glomps ^_^

Excel_Dudette
06-23-2004, 04:02 PM
i meant Kikyo, not Inuyasha...oh well

Eleryth
06-23-2004, 06:42 PM
OT: Excel, there are lots of threads on Kikyo. This one should remain on topic - a different Inuyasha costume. To find info on Kikyo, search the forums using the top right hand button (its purple). Just make sure it says 'Search this forum' and not 'Search this thread'. There's a really excellent thread called something like 'kikyo accessories and want to sees' - it's probably a few pages back.

Here's the search result for 'kikyo'. There's at least 5 threads on the first page that say 'kikyo help' in the title; one of them can probably help you.

http://forums.cosplay.com/search.php?searchid=277826

On Topic: Tora, I've seen pics of your IY outfits... I think you were one of the first original IYs I've seen.

So, Leif, have you decided on a costume yet? Still going raver, or something else?

lemming
06-24-2004, 08:11 AM
"Inuyasha goes to school - the hair and ears are usually recognizeable enough; seeing him in a gakuran (or whatever Kagome's school's boys uniform is) would be neat (like he came to her time and decided to stay). Or make his uniform red?"

I could *so* see this one! Looking uncomfortable in shoes, and maybe his sword sticking out of his backpack. His hair attempted to be pulled back, perhaps?

Maybe with a Kikyo dragging him around saying: "We're going to be late for class!"

touma
06-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Thats a great idea! I just realized i'm making bakura's school uniform and I already have inuyasha done. (Hope you don't mind me using your ideas).

Excel_Dudette
06-24-2004, 08:21 PM
I also wanna cosplay...Kagome and Sango

Eleryth
06-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Thats a great idea! I just realized i'm making bakura's school uniform and I already have inuyasha done. (Hope you don't mind me using your ideas).

Go for it! Not like I have any copywrite or patent on it or anything (and I doubt I'm the first one to think of it)... and I won't be doing it. I personally have no desire to costume Inuyasha. But I can't wait to see! :)

Make sure you post piccies!

Inu1
06-29-2004, 06:05 AM
an InuYasha outfit that puts him in more present day clothing...doggy demon ears...an inuyasha t-shirt and a red hoodie/jacket. :untrust: damnit that was EXACTLY what i was thinking about doing at comic con this summer ><; cept you forgot the prayer beads, dont forget the prayer beads! or kagomes will make you sit the old fashioned way lol anways..cept i don't got a wig, last summer in made holes in a hat and put my ears through em ^.^; anyways..thats what ill be wearing to the premier of the first inuyasha movie at comic con this summer :bigtu:

Leif_405
12-02-2004, 08:44 PM
sorry i havent checked this post in a wile...i am probably going to try the school uniform..but i also want the original one that he wears...thnx for the fantasy props link shanks i liked it and he gave me a price...well...umm...yeah...thank you all...if you have any other ideas for me i will gladly accept them

Dark Inuyasha
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
This all sound so interesting I did have a different Inuyasha outfit its more goth like,I was Dark Inuyasha at Anizona 09. I plan to make upgrades to the headgear before Anime Expo 09 begins. I found out that I am actually not the only Dark Inuyasha cosplayer. I have seen pics from a few conventions and have seen at least 3 more out there.

Kazukii
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Dude, the last post is from 12-02-2004.
You're still 'new-ish', so I guess you're not entirely sure of all the rules.
But refrain from bumping old topics. :/

Dark Inuyasha
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM

Not to be rude but your opinion does not matter and I am not in the mode to get into an argument. I happen to like seeing different Inuyasha versions.

RabidXNinetails
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Not to be rude but your opinion does not matter and I am not in the mode to get into an argument. I happen to like seeing different Inuyasha versions.

I don't think your taste in alternate Inuyashas was being insulted. This thread is just pretty old and it doesn't make much sense to be bumping it.

Bahzi
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't think your taste in alternate Inuyashas was being insulted. This thread is just pretty old and it doesn't make much sense to be bumping it.

Seconding, it's against site rules to resurrect old threads because it clutters up the boards and keeps newer topics and questions from being answered by pushing them further down where they don't get seen. Lots of people like alternate design costumes, or the gijinka Pokemon designs wouldn't be so popular, this thread's just old and irrelevant. ^^;

Yami-Kuro
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Yami-Kuro
04-29-2009, 02:43 PM

Whats it matter if they want to post on here? Maybe they could get ideas from someone else.

Bahzi
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Whats it matter if they want to post on here? Maybe they could get ideas from someone else.

I do believe I already stated that resurrecting old threads is against the rules here, and also that it pushes more relevant threads down so they don't get seen.

Old threads come up in searches for the purpose you stated, for people to get ideas and advice so they don't have to ask the same question again, but this thread is 5 years old, most of the people who posted in it previously most likely don't frequent these forums anymore, so posting here is redundant.