PDA

View Full Version : Shout outs, profanities and excessive stair walking-Starwind824's animeNEXT review.

TheAnarCHris
06-21-2004, 03:34 PM
ahhh animeNEXT....with AnimeBoston and Katsucon being the exciting crap fests that they were, I went into aN thinking "Ah, finally a good con."

Well...it wasn't THAT bad...lol. Over the last 2-3 years, aN has evolved from a tiny little con to a not so tiney little con...but like it's bigger brethen, it has it's share of faults.

So here's the breakdown

The Panels-
That's for the updates asshats!
Cyn was doing 95 from Staten Island to Jersey, in a vain attempt to get to the con by 12, when the Final Fantasy panel was scheduled. WE get five after, assuming the worse, where Oshi tells us the panel was at one. Shrugging, Cyn threatens my life and the panel goes over pretty well. No complains there.

Now on Sunday, I promised Marsiefan I'd speak for her panel on Women and gaming @ 2. I do everything I need to do prior to 2, and when I get there "early", I find out there's like 15 minutes left to the panel coz they bumped it up and hour. So not only did Marsiefan lose a panelist, but the actual research I did was for nothing. I could understand if there was a last second change and I got an email and didn't read it, but no, I got squat. Jerks.

The Costumes-
Proof of animeNEXT's evolution right here folks. There was was seriously awesome costumes this year, and not for nothing, I was beyond impressed.
While there were tons of ppl I didn't know who had sum great costumes, even the ppl I do know on a name to name basis raises the bar. No complaints here.

The Game Room-
Not as good as last year, better than the first one. Still better than the one we had a BaaF,lol.

The Con Staff-
Seems like a lot of people we upset about Staffers yelling at them. My advice-Get over yourself. Everytime I saw a staffer yelling at someone, it was for a good cause. Tell ya what, go stand in the middle of traffic and tell me how it goes. Marsiefan made a thread about how ALL photoshoots that weren't held in the Ballroom (what happend to the Cosplay.com photoshoot btw) were to be held outside. It's not her fault ppl didnt read that.

The Masquerade.
Wow, despite the fact that is was soooo much better in terms of skits than last year, retarded chimps could have done a better job of running that. Shall I break it down further?

The lighting-Ray Charles is dead, but that doesn't mean you should have hired a bunch of blind ppl to do the lighting in his memory.

The sound- Thanks for sodomizing my ears with jackhammers! And what was up with the mikes?

The judging-While I have no problem with the decisions, everyone who won deserved to win, what the hell was up w/ the wait. Did they watch the entire masquerade over? sheesh!

My skit-Okay, I'm not saying we got robbed. Chances are even if we did get the chance to perform it right, we wouldnt have won, but you know what, at least the skit would have made a lot more sense. I would have understand if something happend like the cd skipping or an actual techical problem, but no, depsite the fact that I wrote the directions (twice, under the suggestion of one of the people running the masquerade) some mook managed to screw everything up. What gets to me is while that I'm used to losing by now (can't win them all folks), as is Neoangelwink, some of the ppl up on stage with me where up there for a first time. Not to toot my own horn, but I have to say despite Carrie and I being thrownoff horrbily, Cyn, Ryukku84, Dragooninsertnumbershere and Demri recovered well and at least finished the skit on a good note. And while all the conselation I got from my fellow cosplayers and some the peole on the audience was uncalled for but greatly appreicated, it would have been nice if maybe one of the tards doing the music would have apologized to us, or even given us another shot. They made that offer to the other FF skit they messed up, so why not us. It was clear than when when blanks looks went off on stage something was up (And why was "Walk This Way" coming out of my mic....that hurt my head)

Overall- Why not the best of animeNEXTS, it wasn't that bad of a con. While the numbers were staggering, and the aN crew had to deal with the fact that their the only NY con this year, things could have ran a little smoother, especially in regards towards the masquerade and panels. I assume next year the con will probably be a lot better, unless they push it up again, and it will be see if the turn out will be as big with BaaF and Shoujocon supposley back in the game.

On a lighter notes, shout out time!

Neoangelwink-The cute strikes on many a level. I'm beyond proud of how well you did with hats, and my costumes were super good, as well as ur new Aeris. Thanks luv ::kissles::

Ryukku84- Wolfie own XD! The job you did for the armor on my Cloud costume rocked. A shame about the masquerade, but there's always next time right? CACTIE-TAR!!!

Demri and Dragoon..Hehe D&D...anywho, dammit Demri, I hate how much your costumes keep on getting better and better after every con you go to. You definetly deserved to win something for ur Shion. Despite what happend, I had a blast with Andy (who's a riot, but needs to play more fighting games). Can't wait to rock FF8 again with you guys @ Otakon.

Cyn-RIDDICK!!!!! Dude, I know u had a suck ass time at aN,. but your costumes (and props) owned and according to OS and DC, u raised the bar for the CoP with that lil stunt u pulled. Way to go bro!

Kuruthy-Okie, I love your Quisty costume and all, but your fluffy bunny-thing has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen outside of Carrie,lol. It was great seeing you and all, and it was a shame that u were bumped out of the skit but hey, at least u got to spend more tume w/ MWT....speaking of which.

MisterWonderfulTouji-The lone Irvine as per usual, but hey, great seeing none the less. Can't wait to see the "SeeD" costume for Otakon.

Dressdragn, Joey Bombs and Gears-Great job on the skit, despite my hatred for yaoi. XD

Chrisscrewball-You get seperate props for rocking Red Cons as well. You need to cosplay Gene soon, so that we may get out duel mack on...we'll in spirit, I'm quite taken.

Lady Ava, Oshi and Yuffiebunny- Oshi's gonna hit me for saying this, but LA's Ed from FMA is dead on awesomeness!(Oshi Roy wasn't that bad either,lol) Thanks for the soda, SeeD costumes and subs guys, and YB, while the pranks were funny (and odd, especially on friday night...I hope u were drunk), you still owe me a tunnel!...and don't try to out prank me again either, or next time I'll use something other than hair gel...tis okie though "I forgvie you stupid people!"

LiL and Tempest Strife-While you lack the awesomeness and male parts Cyn and I have for our Cloud and Seph costumes, u made up for it by just rocking in general. You guys did a great job, and I'm glad u took home an award!

Ranma-Like I said, not my fault,lol.

Fanboy- "NIIIII!!!"

Naruto related art dude-Haha Googly eyes!

KaineMaxwell, PQR,animelone wolf, rukawa, Number 18, Booyaka, all my FF peeps,the freakin Cheat, and everyone else I spent a lot less time with-Thanks and sorry for the crapp shout out....next time...I promise!

Oh my fingers.

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I can't really compare the costumes of this anime next to last years cuz i wasnt there ^^;;, but in comparison to the first con i went to there were only a few exquisite costumes and a lot of crap. but here, you'd really have to look to find a crappy costume. almost everyone blew my mind. great job on the cosplay all.

oh yeah. NEVER AGAIN should you guys put a "trial" game show inbetween the cosplay and cosplay awards XD I was so bored the ppl around me were talking about starting riots. lol

Sorahana
06-21-2004, 04:07 PM
SHOUTOUT TIME?! YIPEEEEEEE! Ok I have quite a few!!

Maester Seymour a.k.a John- I LOVE YOU!! Lol xD;. I was so happy I finally got to see you. And what you said was right! We talk like evryday and its hard to believe we'd get to see each other *_*. Ahem! And you stole my hoagie and you stole my "Pepso" too!! And you made the soda explode on me you evil Seymour you *whip crack* Lol jk I <3 ya tons and miss you! Thanks for making me cry when I got home!! I missed you do your walkon and I just miss you is all ;O;!

Visualstimulation a.k.a. Stefanie- I GOT TO MEET YOU!! YIPEE!! Your Sora kicked ass and you were a great Rufus too!! Remeber the mob of us in the lobby planning what do for dinner (I was saved when my mom brought me a hoagie but no John had to steal some of it!! Lol xD). I miss you tons as well and shall see ya at Otakon ^_~! Um.....curse that Pepsi for leaving a puddle on the floor!! *lmao*

Demri-So glad I got to meet ya too! Sorry I didn't hang with you ;O;. You were a great Quistis!! I <3 your costume!! ^_~

Ranma-Daddy!! Lol xDD;. I had fun being your Marlene and can't wait til Otakon!! Great to see ya again and um.........yea sorry about the Ranma thing while you were Ryoga *lmao* And his name is not Dick Cox! It's Richard Cox...............RICHARD COX!!!!! >D

Stardwind- I KNEW YOU WERE SQUALL!! Lol xD;. Funny m friend didn't know who you were o_O;. Your Squall rocked ^_~.

Neoangelwink- I LOVED YOUR AERITH!! *_______* So glad you made it to the FF shoot!!

Marsie- Yea for you!! You rock Marsie for dealing with the sudden change of the FF shoot and coordinating it so well thanks!! You are so cool ^_~.

My PACMEN people-Kayla,Tiffy,Laura,Alex (you came gah!!!), and Janet ;O;- I had a blast. I am so sorry I ditched you alot over the weekend. You probably hate me and I'm sorry. I love you guys alot and you know that!! WE GOT TO MEET RICHARD COX SO BOOYA!!

Oshi and Lady Ava- Your FMA costumes rocked!! I only waved to ya a few times Ava, wish I had talked to ya xD. And I saw you two holding hands a few times.......so cute *sniffle* Man I am just so balled up with emotion lol xD.

KaineMaxwell- YOU STALKER!! WE SAW YOU BOUT 5 TIMES EVERDAY!! STALKER!! S-T-A-L-K-E-R!! Lol jk. It was great to see you and great Melvin!!

To anyone in the cosplay line near me and my pals- TREASURE THE SING ALONG1! IT COMPELLED YOU DID IT NOT?! This is where you say yes...............lol xD;.

To anyone who was in the Richard Cox panel/s-Fun times fun times!! Richard is totally diffrent then I'd thought he'd be...........he was better *_*. He was so damn hyper and funny and uber nice and so was Moneca (minus the hyperness lol).

To anyone who went to his signing/s-We stuck out the long lines..........GO US!! Lol xD.

To any other Cosplay.com people I met- I know I met ALOT of you but I can't remember your screenames and such but it was great to meet you. A bit shocked so many people knew who I was...........I'm not even popular o_O; lol.

And finally to everyone who went to the con-
THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT ROCK!! ITS MY NEW FAVORITE CON AND SHALL GO AGAIN!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR A KICK ASS TIME!!

That would be my shoutouts xDD;.

fireyoukai16
06-21-2004, 04:19 PM
To anyone who went to his signing/s-We stuck out the long lines..........GO US!! Lol xD.
LoL...My friend and i were toward the back of the panel......I still wonder how we ended up towards the back of the autograph signing line outside the door XP ^^; nevertheless, we stuck out there too XP I thought i was gonna die ^^

ShoyesaiNoMiko
06-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Me? T_T Amanda, you forgot meeee... *goes off in a corner and cries* I love my larvae!

Sorahana
06-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Me? T_T Amanda, you forgot meeee... *goes off in a corner and cries* I love my larvae!

GOMEN SHOY!! I <3 YOU TOO!!!! I'm sorry I forgot you ;_;. You were my Samurai Rikku so wh00t!! Yea, go Pyrefly Larvae!! *lmao*

VampyreMiyu
06-21-2004, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Starwind824]The judging-While I have no problem with the decisions, everyone who won deserved to win, what the hell was up w/ the wait. Did they watch the entire masquerade over? sheesh!
[QUOTE]

You do realize this is when they did the actual judging, right? This has happened at every con that I've attended over the last 5 year. The fact it took so long meant they probably had to fight with each other to agree on who got what. It took us a few hours to get the hall costumes judged ourselves so I can sympathize.

~Valerie

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Not my fault we kept finding one another in the slow elevators. ;)

Sorahana
06-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Yea curse those elevators!! Lol xD; and the ebil staff too >_<.

marsie
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaah i am in Kaine's Avie! lol

*points to Neptune* what the hell am I doing?

Chris doesn't love me enough to give me a shout out but Amanda does! *blows kisses*

I have all of the photoshoots on disk via David Ng so i'll be posting them tonight. Please remember to credit him with a name and a link to the site.

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Marise, I gotta say you looked good, which one were you again? Were you Mars at the David NG shoot later on Saturday?

Flippy
06-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey Starwind824 I saw everybody you were with. It was nice to see the cosplayers I met in the past. I'm pissed of I didn't go to the swim shot...I was still at home then...damn sewing and no hotel room that night :waves fist:
Damn elevators...they started making strange noises after awhile...I thought I'd die with a bunch of Sailor Scouts...lol well not really.

Demri
06-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Yea, shoutout time!! ^_^

Okies, I'll start with Andy (Dragooninsertnumberhere). You're the most cutest Link ever and I hope you don't give up cosplaying even though you had a crappy Saturday night and Sunday. I hope mebbe you'll consent to Seifering up our Otakon FFVIII group??? Hehehe...

Chris & Carrie - Lots of huggles!! You guys are both so sweet and adorable (even you, Chris! teehee) and I had fun practicing lines, hanging out, and sulking with you guys. Thanks for letting a newbie into your skit fun even though things didn't turn out so swell... It was... An experience, to be sure.

Ray - For some reason, you make me giggle a lot. You're a funny guy with a very small waist. =)

Kim & Lisa - It was fun to meet both of you and hang out throughout Saturday. You're both such cutiepies. ^_^

Sean - Nice seeing you again! I hope you enjoyed the banana bread, even though I'm sure it wasn't as good as when I made it. ;)

Amanda - It was fun meeting you too, if only briefly. Our paths will cross again at Otakon!

KAYLA - You're a giant dorkoid who is a CUTE, PRETTY Selphie. So take that! :-P I'm glad I finally got to meet you and I'm sorry I was unavailable from Saturday on. This con kept me perpetually busy!

Janet & Kayla's Other Buddies (so sorry - my brain's so horrible with all these new names!) - Nice to meet you and congrats on surviving a weekend with Kayla! hehe

Ambrosia - Wow, I'm glad you recognized me and said hi but I'm sorry I really only saw you like that once. I missed the Stinger Butt somehow and I'm so sad! I hope I get to see it at Otakon!

WHOEVER RETURNED MY XENOSAGA ARTBOOK - Thankyouthankyouthankyou a bazillion times! It got lost at the convention and I was scared it'd never be heard from again, but someone was sweet enough to take it to the Lost & Found. (And there was much rejoicing!) Thank you ubermuch!!!!

David Ng - Photographer extraordinaire. Thankees for somehow capturing not terrible piccies of me! Your talent is amazing.

And (alright, I'm wrapping this up soon) HeeroJF - You're the coolest! You're a peach and you have tremendous costuming talent and you portray your characters so well. Hope you're having fun in Montreal!

And everyone else I met, briefly or otherwise, hihis and see you at Otakon (I hope)!!!

Dragoon42
06-21-2004, 09:27 PM
First off, sorry about not knowing ANYONE's name, I'm a jackass when it comes to such things.

1.) Demri - Maybe I'm biased, but I think you should have won something for your Shion costume. Trust me, I know how much time and blood you put into that costume. Also thanks for recording my adventures in searching for Triforce pieces Thursday night, too bad I didn't find any in the toilet....

2.) HeeroJF - Thanks for rooming with us and sharing San Juan, I'm all ready looking for it on eBay. Out of all your costumes you wore I loved Goemon the most. Hope the bus ride went smoothly.

3.) Starwind - Thanks for thinking of me for your skit when you couldn't find Kruthy (sp?). Hope I was of SOME help. If you're coming to Otakon I'll bring the only fighting games I'm actually good at so I can give you some challenge (Gundam Battle Assault 2 or Naruto: Gekito Ninja Taisen 2!).

4.) Cyn - You have a small waist and an unquenchable thirst for blood! I loved watching you impaling various people, you should do it more often so we can start SephirothDestroysEverything.com. Thanks for being one of the few joys at animeNext for me.

5.) NeoAngelWink - Let's try for two beers next time ;)

6.) TaintedEmbrace - You're crazy... Thanks for the yells while I was on stage.

As Demri said, after this weekend I've been thinking about not cosplaying anymore. My Link costume suffered catestrophic damages to the point where I would have to remake nearly everything. I don't know if it would be worth it because it would likely only happen again. After attending the Final Fantasy Fan Panel I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a Final Fantasy fan, but if Demri, Starwind, and NeoAngelWink would like I'd be happy to cosplay as Seifer. Also I guess if I'm open to that I might as well cosplay as that one Xenosaga character. Well, I'd better stop typing soon or my post might be as large as Starwind's.

Lady Ava
06-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Shout-outs time from me. Forgive me if I don't remember Usernames...I have a terrible memory ^^()

Starwind and NeoAngelWink- *huggles you both* You two are so awesome! It was so much fun having you across the hall from us. The jokes were rather entertaining XD And watching Chris walk in, place a random beer on top of the TV and leave was so funny XD You're welcome for the subs and food. XD

Chrisscrewball- You crack me up! You're such a sweetheart and just an all around fun guy. I loved watching your group practice before the masquerade. XD

Ranma- Its always a pleasure to see you around. I'm glad everything turned out okay for you. *hugs*

Shini- MY GIRL! *glomps* such a cute little Squall! Thanks for being in our skit. So much fun! And Booyaka! (see, this time I spelled it right)

My group of Minons from my High School- I'm glad you all had fun at your first con! And tell your parents that I swear I'm not weird.....really >.>()

CCAmanda- Hehe! I saw you running around alot over the weekend. It would have been great to talk to ya, but the con was so friggin crazy and crowed @.@

sailor-moon and co- *hugs* Lori! So much fun hanging out with you! You're getting better at DDR! Sooner or later, you can beat Mamo! I promise ya ^.~

Studmaster- In the moments I did get to see you, I'm glad I did. It was fun and I'm glad to didn't overwork yourself. I hope you liked the Chicken Soup we brought you.

Andariel & her Roy- You guys were so awesome! Our own little FMA shoot outside was very nice I must admit. Great getting to meet you in person and I hope to see you at Otakon XI: "When the Eds Invade" XD

All my roommates: "3 ox and Chicken for J-Rock CD!" XD Good times. Rooming with you all made the weekend all the more better. ^_^

Any and all C.com peoples I met- It was great to meet you all! ^___^

YuffieBunny- What a weekend! Your beserker was so the best XD Running around for the masquerade brought back all those Katsu memories. Kevin's pic of us hanging out the window, Pirate's Booty, AYA-KUN, Kill Harry (RAWR), Hunting for FF guy characters...It was truely a fun weekend!

Finally:
Oshi- Thankies for coming this weekend. *huggles* We had fun XD Sorry the skit song annoyed you, and you still made an awesome Rufus. <3 always.

^_____^

Emeralda
06-21-2004, 10:19 PM
WHOEVER RETURNED MY XENOSAGA ARTBOOK - Thankyouthankyouthankyou a bazillion times! It got lost at the convention and I was scared it'd never be heard from again, but someone was sweet enough to take it to the Lost & Found. (And there was much rejoicing!) Thank you ubermuch!!!!

I didn't return it, but I saw it sitting in con ops, and having seen you walk by 5 minutes before as Shion, I knew it had to be yours. So I grabbed it and ran around looking for you with it on Saturday. Never did find you so I brought it to Lost and Found, figuring you would eventually check there for it. Glad that you wound up finding it after all.

KaineMaxwell
06-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Yay, got my con report up.
Zzzzzzzzzz.

Nekobun
06-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Quick spray of shouts from your average con wanderninja.

Oshi: Four Swords battle action was brief, but great. NO PONIES IN THE DARK WORLD. And bumping into you at various points was always cool, even if you did hand me my ass in DDR. Way to kludge together a last-second Rufus shirt - emergency improv that works is always hardcore.

Lady_Ava: About time we were formally introduced, since I've seen you with Oshi at at least three other cons now. You make one hell of an Elric.

KaineMaxwell: I -saw- you a lot of times, but never actually got to stop to talk to you; you might also know me as keroneko... ^_^;; Any man who has the cajones to cosplay second-or-third-string characters rocks. Melvin pride!

Ranma: Pulling a skit together at the sort-of-last minute like we did? Priceless, especially for the reaction it got. Award or no award, you've definitely got a conceptual spark more often than not. Maybe we should talk Katsu should I have no ideas once I get back from Kenya...

Lonewolf: Only know you by transity, really, but I still held a little "hope he's all right" for you Saturday night; glad to hear that whole thing worked out, too. Take it easy, man.

Starwind: It's a shame your skit got hosed by the tech crew, as it looked like it was supposed to be fairly funny. Here's to the awesome that should have been.

NeoAngelWink: Yeah, I'm still the guy who did the Animal Crossing kid; I was actually tempted to bring it this year, to start a tradition or something. Your hats were sweet, and close to being on-par with Genki Gang material despite being new to the hat scene; hopefully they don't make any noise now about cutting in on their market or some such nonsense. Jigglypuff hat = necessary.

Cyn: You looked good, and made one hell of a Sephiroth. And you know, now that attention's been drawn to it, I think you DO have a small waist. But that's usually a good thing. Keep on swordin'.

Studmaster: I may have had dislikes for some of the staffers, but you weren't one of them. Sorry I missed your panel; if you have a similar one at another con, let me know and I'll do what I can to get there.

Chrisscrewball: My GOD you were a machine on the floor Saturday. That, and you and Yuffiebunny get mad props for spreading the glorious word that is Drunk Drunk Revolution. We so have to get toasted together sometime.

Anyone in that crowd of waiting people that included Oshi, Starwind, Ava, and a lot of others on Saturday night: Thanks for letting me bask in the suck that was the game show with you, even if I didn't really say much or share introductions or anything. What can I say, I'm shy. More power to everyone who stayed through that disaster, though - your fortitude is impressive.

TheAnarCHris
06-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Haha riots

::reads shout outs:: Oh man, I did forget Marsiefan didn't I? Wow I am t3h suck. Horrbily sorry MF, you were a babe and a half as per usual, and it was nice to have someone share my pain when it came to panel stupidity...

And regarding CCamanda's comment, of course I was that Squall, he's my flagship character...him, Gene and Cloud hopefully ^_^.

KaineMaxwell
06-22-2004, 07:54 AM
KaineMaxwell: I -saw- you a lot of times, but never actually got to stop to talk to you; you might also know me as keroneko... ^_^;; Any man who has the cajones to cosplay second-or-third-string characters rocks. Melvin pride!

Thanks! Yeah alot of people have been surprised I've had the guts to cosplay as Melvin too and feels good when I'm recongized as him as well. ^^

Lil
06-22-2004, 10:53 AM
So many peoples!!!

Everyone at the sailor moon shoot- Galaxia, Marsie, all da princesses and the original sailor + uranus and I'm sure there's more...---- Can't wait to see piccies!!!

Other Sailor moon peoples at the Fansview shoot- I'm sad you all missed the original shoot at 11, but at least you all got a mini-shoot going! I was there just at the right time I was so happy.

Carrie, Chris, Jesse?(da Tifa)- Chris I will have Masamune next year.... *BOP* *BOP* *BOP* And Carrie I wuv your hat! I wear it every where now. You were so kawaiiiiiii as Areith.

Bathroom Tifa and the Healer cat and Minstral- Yay for Bathroom piccies!!! LOL. Your a great bunch to chill with.

Tifa sitting next to me at Cosplay with sharpied boots- It was fun talking with you. I hope we meet up next year!

Cyn- Sooooo shiny...drooooollll. Your toungue rules. XD

Just to Marsie(as I think your the one who said it... if not Gomen!!!)- You are beautiful!!! Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwize. I shouted it after you but I'm not sure you heard.

Male Urd- Didja get piccies with the Male Belldandy on Sun!!! If so I want copies!

My clone- Yay for clone!!!

Everyone at FF shoot- It was awsome!!! So many FF cosplayers. And I was pimpin w the tifas. :D

Elena- I missed getting a Turks card :..( But your my fave ff7 chickie yay!

Scarlet- Didn't get a chance to get a pic. Please do your costume again @.@

Teh Quistis- Yay for Quistis! I wanna buy you a whip.

Umm... I add to the list as I remember.

sephygoth
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
massive shout out to fellow FF cosplayers! totally took over the con. Neoangelwink,starwind824,demri, ect: ya ghot jipped, how can you mix up
input with output with the mic?

The crew that recruited me for the yuna/paine,rikku skit. glad to be of service, lets do it again sometime. No RPS tie on stage this time!
Oshi dude, still forgot those funky fantasy 8 cards...otakon then.
And the left out name, they could've spent some shared time jotting the names on the award as the the judges were casting their votes, that didn't make a lotta sense...

All those that kicked my Guilty Gear-ass in the game room.

that guy that roomed with us+ brought the grey goose...

Dressdragon,initial diesal, tom, chris: you guys turned on even the guys in the crowd, how dare you :) I expected some of that sparkle stuff on
everyone's huge buffness, but I guess it was limited to chris's face. Great to
room with ya too, too bad anna was too wasted to celebrate(from practicing the skit all day!)

as my first aNext I gotta say the staff was kinda huffy n puffy, but was also told that it's the way they are there. We as cosplayers were in the midsts of fun and I don't think we really cared/let it get to us. ug, fingers going numb, must rest for 11.3072893 minutes

Booya

Nekobun
06-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks! Yeah alot of people have been surprised I've had the guts to cosplay as Melvin too and feels good when I'm recongized as him as well. ^^

It's that sort of thing that makes me more confident about cosplaying even more obscure characters myself. Like Kaitou Ace. ::hears a chorus of "Who?"::

hikura
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Ok here are my shout outs
Seiya.Thanks for the ride to and from the con.Plus it was fun hanging with you.
Kaine_Maxwell.I hope you liked the cd.Plus yoru face was classical after the molestation lol.
ladysubaru25.It was nice meeting if onyl for a quick hi and a huggle.
small_lady.Thanks for letting me pet and huggle the giant grunty plushie.Oink mon ami lol.
Djranmas.If we only said hi to each other it was cool.I hope you had a good con despite any crap that happened.
Starwind824 and neoangelwink.You two look lovely as a couple.
sailor_moon and companmy.As always you looked lovely and your friends costumes also.I always want to talk with you but you seem to be having fun with your friends so i do not wanna interupt.
Flippy.If i realized that was you from love hina i would have said hi.I recoginized yoru costume but not you.i am sorry.
CCAmanda.I liked your costumes.Youlooked great as gippal on friday night.I hope i did not scare you on friday night when i said hi.
Taninted_Embrace.Next time we meet i shall give you pocky to prove i am a nice guy and i do not bite lol.
Yuffiebunny.I loved your beserker rikku.I was in awe of it friday night.That is why i did not really talk to you.Oh well i at least got to feed you almond crush pocky lol.
Studmaster.I wanted to talk to you but you either were busy or seemed like you wanted to go to sleep so i did not bug you.
That is all i can think of right now.

tempest_strife
06-22-2004, 07:06 PM
I think my sis Lil covered most of everything, so let me just say....

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

It's a great feeling to be at a con and have loads of nice and understanding people around you. I had lots of hugs, compliments, laughs, and handshakes. This weekend is going down in the history books for me!

I would mention names.... But I'm pretty bad at names, actually. So to everyone that I saw or saw me at the con: thank you for making it a happy one!

Demri
06-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Tempest_Strife, you and Lil were so adorable and your costumes rocked! I need to say hiyas to Miss BikuChan too, who is lovely and fun to chat with and I'm glad I finally got to meet her. ^_^

Sorahana
06-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Ok here are my shout outs
Seiya.Thanks for the ride to and from the con.Plus it was fun hanging with you.
Kaine_Maxwell.I hope you liked the cd.Plus yoru face was classical after the molestation lol.
ladysubaru25.It was nice meeting if onyl for a quick hi and a huggle.
small_lady.Thanks for letting me pet and huggle the giant grunty plushie.Oink mon ami lol.
Djranmas.If we only said hi to each other it was cool.I hope you had a good con despite any crap that happened.
Starwind824 and neoangelwink.You two look lovely as a couple.
sailor_moon and companmy.As always you looked lovely and your friends costumes also.I always want to talk with you but you seem to be having fun with your friends so i do not wanna interupt.
Flippy.If i realized that was you from love hina i would have said hi.I recoginized yoru costume but not you.i am sorry.
CCAmanda.I liked your costumes.Youlooked great as gippal on friday night.I hope i did not scare you on friday night when i said hi.
Taninted_Embrace.Next time we meet i shall give you pocky to prove i am a nice guy and i do not bite lol.
Yuffiebunny.I loved your beserker rikku.I was in awe of it friday night.That is why i did not really talk to you.Oh well i at least got to feed you almond crush pocky lol.
Studmaster.I wanted to talk to you but you either were busy or seemed like you wanted to go to sleep so i did not bug you.
That is all i can think of right now.

No you did not scare me ^_^. Glad you liked my Gippal ^_^!!

tempest_strife
06-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Here's a little review of my weekend... the opinionated part has been left out at the request of Lil. Things are already tooheated here to add more wood, even if I think my opinions are peaceful ones.

We left early on Saturday night due to the fact that it was already 10:00 p.m. and we needed to drive an hour and a half home. My sister had work the next day. I didn’t find out that we had won until 11:00 a.m the next day. My sister had called me and told me to inquire about it. So I finished buying my last minute things in the dealers’ room and headed towards the information table.

“Excuse me, you wouldn’t happen to know who won the cosplay contest last night, would you?”

“Sure! For Craftsmanship it was the Advent Children Cloud and Sephiroth…”

“… I…. Won?”

My first reaction was disbelief. My second was to cry. It was a happy cry, though. It’s a really strong feeling to get an award for something you work hard on, especially if you are not expecting it.

At that point I think I asked the girl at the info desk if she was sure I won, or something of that nature. Luck had it that she was one of the judges. She told me that the judges were impressed by the various techniques we used to make our costumes. She specifically noted the “Cloudy Wolf”. I then asked if she had noticed that I had binded, and she said they all noticed. I had forgotten to mention that fact when I was in front of the judges. My sister had given me one of those “you are blabbing too much” looks before I got to saying it, so I was curious.

I sat at the desk while she went upstairs to check the status of our prizes. I called my sister on my cell phone crying, saying that we had won. She had to get ready for work, however, so I had to text message what we got to her. The man beside me (man am I bad at names) that had cosplayed Anthy and Urd on the two previous days was very kind to me. I had shown him my plushies while we were waiting, and he gave me a tissue and some green tea pocky. (Sidenote: The pocky was good! It had this herbal taste, plus a touch of mint.)

She came back down and said for me to check in the conference room a half an hour later. It was her break time then, so she went into the dealers room. I hung out more with that awesome crossplayer behind the info desk for the next half an hour. If you’re out there, thank you, and I really enjoyed talking to you!

One I got to the conference room I was a little anxious, but not as much as the night before when I went on stage. I felt like I was going to vomit before going on. When I went on, I was so nervous I was shaking and couldn’t concentrate on the key signature. But… many people complemented me on my flute playing, and I thank you all. We got a poster, a Hikaru pin, Umi pin, bookmarks, a hardcover Doll manga, the certificates, and the most important thing, the trophy. It is metal. Real metal. With a plaque on it. Just…. Wow…

I spent the rest of my day watching Inu-Yasha and playing flute and piano near the entrance to the hallway that leads to the dealers’ room. If anyone saw a alternate color Sakura from Street Fighter playing Final Fantasy music on Sunday… Or a blue haired girl in the corner at the top of the stairs on Saturday, that was me.

P.S. I posted this here because I feared flames that would accomany a new thread and the one questoning the status of th awards is already an inferno.

Andariel
06-22-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm coming in rather late. @.@;

Lady_Ava: You & Oshi were great! ^_^ Will definitely be looking forward to our invastion at Otakon. More fun shoots to come. :D

Maester Seymour: Awsome job on the costumes. ^_~ Hanging out Friday night was incredibly fun, and rather amusing to see ya getting fed and walked around. Lucifer was amazing for a first project, keep it up! Even if ya didn't get anything for him, keep trying. ^^ You looked great.

visulstimultion: Sora!!! ::glomp:: That's all I wanna say. XD Oh and send Cloudy my regards. :D

Flippy: Shall we give that photoshoot one more try? ^^; This time with a consensus?

Nikol: ...wait, I don't need to give you a shoutout, I see you almost everyday. Well, great job on giving me a Roy to molest. >D

Who else... argh, I'm so bad catching screen names. If I'm missing anyone, kick me a few times to remind me. There were a bunch of people who hung out and had a great time, I just don't know yer SNs. Sorry!! >.<;;

Akezumante
06-23-2004, 09:35 PM
That was me and a few others talking about riots. I was seriously bored ... lol and freaking out my tail would pop off. ^.^;;

KaineMaxwell
06-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Actually on a somewhat related notw a couple asian girls were trying to sell off a Gundam model/figure they won as a prize to my friends and I in the dealer's room Sunday. Wish I had that extra $10...

Sorahana
06-23-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm coming in rather late. @.@;

Lady_Ava: You & Oshi were great! ^_^ Will definitely be looking forward to our invastion at Otakon. More fun shoots to come. :D

Maester Seymour: Awsome job on the costumes. ^_~ Hanging out Friday night was incredibly fun, and rather amusing to see ya getting fed and walked around. Lucifer was amazing for a first project, keep it up! Even if ya didn't get anything for him, keep trying. ^^ You looked great.

visulstimultion: Sora!!! ::glomp:: That's all I wanna say. XD Oh and send Cloudy my regards. :D

Flippy: Shall we give that photoshoot one more try? ^^; This time with a consensus?

Nikol: ...wait, I don't need to give you a shoutout, I see you almost everyday. Well, great job on giving me a Roy to molest. >D

Who else... argh, I'm so bad catching screen names. If I'm missing anyone, kick me a few times to remind me. There were a bunch of people who hung out and had a great time, I just don't know yer SNs. Sorry!! >.<;;

*kicks you* I was the Gippal who had to keep feeding John *lmfao* John is a food stealer..........FOOD STEALER!! *lmao* Jk I <3 you John! Forgive me?
I had fun meeting you and visual and everyone else too!! ^_~

Flippy
06-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Eh whatever don't be sorry. Everyone didn't know who everyone was or didn't say everything that needed to be said at AN for some reason...that's why we have recap threads like these to conclude.

Oh yes please do.....you guys where great and I saw alot of the member gallery, photo bucket and fansview pictures of the FMA cosplayers....I want to see those costumes....we will plan this again except lets confirm everything next time (ahh...sorry...kill the planner :drunk: ).

TheAnarCHris
06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Actually I have an extended to shout out to add.

Major Props to Silent Glaive who pmed, apologizing about the mess up regarding the staff, and inviting me to join the aN staff (though I had to turn it down, I'm already in a skit for next year XD)

Also, Dizzy-Guy, I got my triple triad cards back, so watch out, come Otakon 2k4, ull find out why I'm the "Headmasta' O' Dizasta!"

sephygoth
06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
oi...bring it!

ShoyesaiNoMiko
06-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah, many thanks to the judges, specifically Koumori and Silence Glaive. They were extremely kind and very explainitory (ahh, I just know I spelled that wrong) over my situation, and I'm very very grateful. They made me want to keep cosplaying. So thanks guys! Be glad, Anime NEXT! You've got great judges going for you!

Andariel
06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
*kicks you* I was the Gippal who had to keep feeding John *lmfao* John is a food stealer..........FOOD STEALER!! *lmao* Jk I <3 you John! Forgive me?
I had fun meeting you and visual and everyone else too!! ^_~

XD;; Nikol also had to feed him pizza! :D

Was great hanging out with ya guys, as random as it was. o_o; Ee.

Flippy: We'll have to get more organized for Otakon perhaps? ^^ There's a bunch of us going. I'll have my Roy again and a Winry. Hopefully we can make it work this time, if not, well we'll just snag one another for random 'shoots. XD; (I'll have my damn arm this time! >.<;;; If it doesn't kill me first. )

Sorahana
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM

Yea a random hangout but it was fun ^_~. I <3ed your costume :3!

Andariel
06-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Yea a random hangout but it was fun ^_~. I <3ed your costume :3!

Aww thank you. ^__^ You looked great too. And I must say those "pepso" promo pics are the greatest. XD;

Sorahana
06-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Aww thank you. ^__^ You looked great too. And I must say those "pepso" promo pics are the greatest. XD;

Hehe thanks I <3 those pics too. They're priceless *lmao*. Must get more of them o_O;. Pepso could do a con tour *evil laugh*.

Osuwari
06-24-2004, 11:34 PM
*runs and takes the pepso and places coke on the table* ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ My job is done *bows* j/k Yeah this weekend was a blast man!!!! I would like to thank the pac-men and all. We had a blast man!! Omg the singing in the hall before the masurade like rocked man! That was quite funny. Omg and the Richard Cox pannel *goes stary eyes* Me and Amanda like freaking out. hehehhe...Omg me and Kayla playing duck duck goose before the rave. ^-^ Me attacking Laura as kyo....KYYYYYOOOOOO!!!!! Glomping Janet and scaring her lol! This con just like rocked! Can't wait to see how Otakon turns out.
Demi: Good to meet you ^-^ We talked for a little and all and hope to see you at Otakon.
EbileSeed(I think that is the name) The paine that was with Kayla doing the Fuke fuke song!! Omg u guys were hilirous. You and your friend Rikku. This guys comes up to me and is like is this a new final fatisy ritual. LOL!!!!! You guys rocked!!
Everyone else that I meet there hello and hope to see you guys again!!!

Flippy
06-25-2004, 04:00 PM

Flippy: We'll have to get more organized for Otakon perhaps? ^^ There's a bunch of us going. I'll have my Roy again and a Winry. Hopefully we can make it work this time, if not, well we'll just snag one another for random 'shoots. XD; (I'll have my damn arm this time! >.<;;; If it doesn't kill me first. )
Yeah sure...I haven't exactly been thought about what cons I was going to after AN but I'll think about Otakon....If not I'll work on my planning skills with it...I helped put together the AnimeBoston FMA photoshot and I never made it to AnimeBoston :waaaah: .

PockyDarcy
06-26-2004, 12:18 AM
yeah just replying to the judging part. The reason it took so long was because we had to write out by hand each certificate for each winner in each group. It took a while to do that. Deciding on winners wasn't easy either since there were so many good skits. Good job all of you! ^___^

Sorahana
06-26-2004, 12:33 AM
*runs and takes the pepso and places coke on the table* ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ My job is done *bows* j/k Yeah this weekend was a blast man!!!! I would like to thank the pac-men and all. We had a blast man!! Omg the singing in the hall before the masurade like rocked man! That was quite funny. Omg and the Richard Cox pannel *goes stary eyes* Me and Amanda like freaking out. hehehhe...Omg me and Kayla playing duck duck goose before the rave. ^-^ Me attacking Laura as kyo....KYYYYYOOOOOO!!!!! Glomping Janet and scaring her lol! This con just like rocked! Can't wait to see how Otakon turns out.
Demi: Good to meet you ^-^ We talked for a little and all and hope to see you at Otakon.
EbileSeed(I think that is the name) The paine that was with Kayla doing the Fuke fuke song!! Omg u guys were hilirous. You and your friend Rikku. This guys comes up to me and is like is this a new final fatisy ritual. LOL!!!!! You guys rocked!!
Everyone else that I meet there hello and hope to see you guys again!!!

Gimme back the Pepso or else!! >_<. Yea the singing was great! I started that!! Lol xD. And the Richard panel rocked ^_~. I've decided Pepso shall do a con tour starting with Otakon, then AnimeUSA (Tiffy we gotta go to it!! Yunie is trying to plot to go too!!), then other cons! Bwahahaha!

neoangelwink
06-26-2004, 12:57 AM
^__^ i love u all hug !!

Cyn
06-26-2004, 01:17 AM
...Why was everybody looking at my small waist all weekend?

Demri
06-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Umm... We were just coveting it????

Lil
06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
...Why was everybody looking at my small waist all weekend?

Hmmm... Geee I wonder why too. ;)

MrWonderfulToji
06-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey everyone!
I was dressed as Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII on saturday, the only day I was there. I had such a great time at this con, and I had a great time cause of all of the people there! I met Cyn, who is a very cool guy, and I got to hang out with Demri and her boyfriend, both of whom are <i> uber </i> hip and the bread was magnificent. I got to hang out with the esteemed boss of this thread, Starwind824, and his super sweet girlfriend carrie! I also got to hang out with Biku-chan is a total sweetie and I had a great time hanging out with her. Kurthy133 made a special point of coming down to aNext and I was so happy to see her!
oh! Also thanks to the selphie/rikku in starwind's room, she was nice enough to put up with some random irvine hanging around that she didn't know! I did you let wear the cowboy hat though!
So basically, ANext rocked because of all of you guys! way to be awesome!
sean

neoangelwink
06-27-2004, 09:39 PM
^_^ it alway aball!! cyn your waast so cute ^_^ why cant every talk about it. so many wish to have tiny wast like yours.

KaineMaxwell
06-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Way TMI right there...