PDA

View Full Version : Battle Angel Alita in a Comicbook Format?

Lisibit
11-29-2002, 11:54 PM
I was snooping around Borders today, and happened to stumble across volume 2 of a Battle Angel Alita comic ( In a short, American sort of comic book format rather than the manga)

Does anyone have any idea how these came about? And if so- do you know how their story fits in with the manga? I didn't take the time to look through it. I was trying to buy my Record of Lodoss War box set on sale and get out of there :P

Kamui Motoaki
11-30-2002, 12:30 AM
yea i saw that. . .but i think its like a a different version of BA. . so i was cofused. . .cause i read ALL of BA and i love it!

Lisibit
11-30-2002, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I love it :) Unfortunately, i've only read the first 3 volumes or so. I can't afford to spend 16 dollars per volume *sigh* But the art and storyline are great.

videogirlc
11-30-2002, 02:59 AM
Are you talking about the old version or the new onecurrently being released.

mughi3
12-01-2002, 05:49 AM
well i donlt buy any american versions of manga....i must have the tanko bans.

as for gunnm(battle angel alita)
the original 9 volume set was finished in japan and yukito went back and started a side story called
gunnm-last order
weather or not thats what ytou saw i cannot say. but i love it.
:bouncer:

Cynthia
12-01-2002, 10:25 PM
I've been having two american comic book issues of BA for about 8 or 9 years now. It was part of the first manga I read and the beginning of my introduction to anime in general. I still love the series thought I haven't seen or read much of it in a long time.

Hungryjack
12-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Weird. I'd like some details on this. I had the Japanese books, then sold them off while in college. Later, I bought the Viz books. If there's more aside from this, i'd certainly like to have a look at them. I wish there was more Battle Angel anime :/

Speaking of Yukito Kishiro, has anyone else read Aqua Knight? I liked it and was just wonderting what you guys thought of it.

Lisibit
12-02-2002, 02:10 PM
I have some of the Viz books. The ones i'm talking about aren't them. I'll stop by the bookstore on my way home today and get some details.

videogirlc
12-02-2002, 04:15 PM
I think the new series being release is an alternate ending to the original. It is the creators intended ending. I haven't read Aqua Knight, is it good?

mughi3
12-03-2002, 04:34 AM
It is the creators intended ending. I haven't read Aqua Knight, is it good?
it's called gunnm-last order
and yes aqua knight is pretty cool. i have the 3 volume tankoban set.