PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn folks discussion on possible gatherings/hang out stuff

nachtinis
06-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Yeah lets see if we can all be social like in our comings and goings, perhaps we can all find a new freind.

Akiko Ki
06-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey I am staying there I am game if ya wanna do any thing

Darth Takeo
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Nice idea, Nach... Suggestions?

Darth Takeo
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
What, no one else is staying at the Holiday Inn?

Akiko Ki
06-23-2004, 11:55 PM
I know right I am haha there has to be more if its sold out I mean its like not far at all fomr the convention center its self. Any way Thread master what you have in mind

Darth Takeo
06-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Well, Team Takeo (Nach and I and two others) is arriving Thursday. When is everyone else (ahem or you, Akiko) arriving?

Tohma
06-24-2004, 12:23 PM
My friends and I are staying in the Holiday Inn and will be there Thursday afternoon. We plan on hanging out basically all day in the pre-reg line. There will be 9 of us I believe.

Akiko Ki
06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
I am comeing down Thursday as well

Kitsune_Sama
06-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Two more for the Holiday Inn. Shuichi and Yuki looking forward to meeting all of you.

Darth Takeo
06-24-2004, 10:02 PM
What time are you Holiday Inn peeps planning on getting in the line? Last year we got there late Thursday and the line was cut off.

Akiko Ki
06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
AS early as possable last year I waited 3 hours but at least I got my badge I heard others didn't cause they closed it before every one in line got it so I am going almost as soon as I get there mabe I have a photoshoot first hehe on thurs already

Darth Takeo
06-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Perhaps the Holiday crew can congregate prior to lining up for pre-reg pickup..?

nachtinis
06-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah all six or seven of us?

Darth Takeo
06-27-2004, 02:13 PM
It seems there aren't many cosplay.com'ers who are staying at the Holiday Inn. Oh well, those of us who are can still meet up!

Akiko Ki
06-27-2004, 04:18 PM
lol we rule haha ya we all can still meet up

Lyn
06-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Darth Takeo - There are actually quite some but not all of them are being very vocal about it. XP

I'm going to be in the Holiday Inn with several people that are on the boards included in the rooms (we've got 2) but don't know what any of them would say to any Thurs gathering thing. I was just going to hang with them while in line for pre-reg since that will take up most of the night like it did last year, I imagine.

Darth Takeo
06-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Lyn-

It's just an idea (by Nachtinis) for those interested in meeting new people with a background connection of sorts (ie, this website forum). No one was mandating that all cosplay.com'ers from Holiday Inn meet in the lobby at 1600 hrs or something :razz: . I'm sure many who are staying there have previous plans which is great! For those of us who don't have any set agenda however, this thread is here to give an alternate option!

Regardless of anyone's plans, I look forward to seeing all cosplay.com folks at the Holiday Inn in full force! :bigtu:

Nikol
06-28-2004, 11:59 AM
My self and at least 8 other of my friends are staying at the Holiday Inn. We'll all going down Thursday but in two shifts (my room will be down in the afternoon while my friend may not be down until 6-8pm due to work). I would try to meet up with everyone for something Thursday but me and my friends had plans for our own little group for the line Thursday (if you see a bunch of people in costumes that look like Kingdom Hearts only in their pjs... that's us).

Darth Takeo
06-29-2004, 06:49 AM
...of those of us meeting up, where and when?

Darth Takeo
06-29-2004, 10:34 PM
or should we wait til closer to the con to finalize....?

Akiko Ki
06-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Um I say give it a week or too yet I think it needs to get a bit closer till we plan any thing so we all know what we will be doing and such

Darth Takeo
06-30-2004, 05:26 PM
The Hyatt thread is catching us. C'mon Holiday Inn! We gotta own those suckas! Unite!

Akiko Ki
07-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Hum I think they caught us haha. Can't wait man 4 weeks and counting x-x. Any one I see with a cosplay.com either purple ribbion or badge I am saying hi to hehe I just wanna know who all from here is staying there so I can say hi ^_~

Darth Takeo
07-01-2004, 07:04 PM
A purple ribbon eh? I will have to remember that...

Four weeks and counting, do you know where your costumes are?... heheh...

Akiko Ki
07-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes I know where they are 2 are in my closet 2 others are in my sewing room getting there x-x.

sailerluna
07-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I am up for meeting at some point! I am going to be staying at the Holiday inn thanks to and in the same room as akiko ki!! :) Right now I am just worried about getting my final costume done!! There is sooooo little time left!

Kairi G
07-01-2004, 11:28 PM
hey guys im gonna be at Holiday Inn, what about doin a breakfast get together one of the days? do they have a restraunt there? that could be fun to get together before goin off into the abyss of the con for the rest of the day.

nachtinis
07-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Yes breakfast sounds great!

Rose_Prince
07-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Actually, my friend is going to kill me. My boyfriend, my friend and I should be staying at the Holiday Inn (if I'm wrong it's still cool) and it's her birthday that sunday! I was thinking of having a morning/early afternoon pool party on sunday if I can get it to work. Although now that I think about it everyone at the con will prolly be too busy...

Darth Takeo
07-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Breakfast! Sweet idea! Now where the heck have you been, Kairi G? ;) Hehe... Glad you could check in! Now to plan it....

Neko Cathy
07-02-2004, 12:48 AM
My peeps that I know around my hometown are rooming at the Hyatt. I will party over there...

I'm going to be in the Holiday Inn with several people that are on the boards included in the rooms (we've got 2) but don't know what any of them would say to any Thurs gathering thing. I was just going to hang with them while in line for pre-reg since that will take up most of the night like it did last year, I imagine.
Yea, same since I'm one of your roomates, and I have no clue of what we're planning to do. I want to snag my pass, party, sleep in on friday and go to the con. Heh.

HEDGESMFG
07-02-2004, 02:18 PM
My friend and I are going to be at the Holiday Inn staying in a room of about 8 for all 3 nights. We end up arriving on Thursday, get our badges ASAP (Since we're doing panels...we hopefully avoid the line >.>), and then do whatever for the rest of the evening.

I have no idea if I'm cosplaying Thursday, though...maybe it'd be a good day to bust out the ZAFT uniform for fun? I dunno.

I'm all for meeting anybody, but it's more likely that you'll just see me scrambling from place to place, surverying the new con territory. ^.^()

Akiko Ki
07-02-2004, 02:30 PM
hey guys im gonna be at Holiday Inn, what about doin a breakfast get together one of the days? do they have a restraunt there? that could be fun to get together before goin off into the abyss of the con for the rest of the day.

Hey sounds good to me cause I probley wont eat alot will down there any way hehe

Darth Takeo
07-03-2004, 10:46 AM
What is the consensus; sit-down fancier breakfast or a fast food type one...? I'd prefer the fancier but I know not everyone may...

Darth Takeo
07-05-2004, 11:24 AM
bump nudge

nachtinis
07-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I see this thread was moved to the rides/roommates listing when in fact it is not containing any subject info on getting rides, nore has it been used to try to gather roommates for rooms.

To anyone else reading this thread who understand common english SUBJECT CONTENT of a conversation you should realize that the topic of this thread is about gatherings of groups of peoples at their respective hotels.

There are many forms of intelligence and if you focus on one, you are an idiot to somebody.

Darth Takeo
07-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah this thread isn't about ride/roommates.... C'mon.... Read the topic please, mods, you're not doing your job properly if this is the only thread you moved

Neko Cathy
07-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Yeah this thread isn't about ride/roommates.... C'mon.... Read the topic please, mods, you're not doing your job properly if this is the only thread you moved

I'm with Dark. This thread is about getting together, not looking for roommates or rides. There's a difference -__-

I personally think lunch would be a better idea. I don't get up in mornings, same with most people I know who are out till 5 am at room parties and raves. I also don't think my catboy will let me leave the nest that early either... ;)

Darth Takeo
07-06-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm with Dark. This thread is about getting together, not looking for roommates or rides. There's a difference -__-

I personally think lunch would be a better idea. I don't get up in mornings, same with most people I know who are out till 5 am at room parties and raves. I also don't think my catboy will let me leave the nest that early either... ;)

The Darthster doesn't do mornings either, but I would have made an exception if that was the consensus. I'm for either option. What does everyone else think?

sephygoth
07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
guess where I found this thread...
I actually found this in the rides/roomates whilee looking for another one :p
I'm dragging 4 others to the Holiday, but we won't have a room till earliest check-in time on fri, maybe that breakfast thing for hungry otaku will do us good(while friends hold our spot in line for a sec?) I plan to get in line when we get there(6:30am train arrival) then taking turns getting grub and scouting out the place. I'm the only one that's been in the area
of our group so... :) we might have to settle down for a sec for a meal.
is like 8am good? too early I'm betting, but it's a time to tweek

Akiko Ki
07-06-2004, 02:09 PM
guess where I found this thread...
I actually found this in the rides/roomates whilee looking for another one :p
I'm dragging 4 others to the Holiday, but we won't have a room till earliest check-in time on fri, maybe that breakfast thing for hungry otaku will do us good(while friends hold our spot in line for a sec?) I plan to get in line when we get there(6:30am train arrival) then taking turns getting grub and scouting out the place. I'm the only one that's been in the area
of our group so... :) we might have to settle down for a sec for a meal.
is like 8am good? too early I'm betting, but it's a time to tweek

its not to early for me at cons I am a morning person usualy up by 6 just to get ready. x-x 8 sounds fine or 9 even.

I also agree that this thread shouldn't have been put here if none of the others where we are looking to meet up not find roomies

sephygoth
07-06-2004, 02:29 PM
whoa, you gets up very early...I just wanna make sure we get in or
are close to getting in. If we're in the line by 6:30 then badges should be
in our possesion by 9 or 10, but the wait in line is so long and there's no where to plop our stuff till like 11 or 12 anyway...so the earlier the better.
But it's a good time to plan a few other things too man, like hitting the pool
Fri night or somthing(after getting totally spent from DDR ya know)

its not to early for me at cons I am a morning person usualy up by 6 just to get ready. x-x 8 sounds fine or 9 even.

I also agree that this thread shouldn't have been put here if none of the others where we are looking to meet up not find roomies

Akiko Ki
07-06-2004, 02:41 PM
lol ya I plan on jumping in the pool Sat after all the crazy stuff or Fri when I come back to take a break haha need my breaks from the crazyness of this con and the hot weather in costumes x-x. As for me getting up early its crazy but I only due it for cons haha regularly I am not a morening person at all but with cons I have to get up early take a shower put make up on and get into costumes depenmding on the costumes make up takes longer x-x and is a pain in my butt lol.

sephygoth
07-06-2004, 03:13 PM
lol ya I plan on jumping in the pool Sat after all the crazy stuff or Fri when I come back to take a break haha need my breaks from the crazyness of this con and the hot weather in costumes x-x. As for me getting up early its crazy but I only due it for cons haha regularly I am not a morening person at all but with cons I have to get up early take a shower put make up on and get into costumes depenmding on the costumes make up takes longer x-x and is a pain in my butt lol.

tis a pain the hair and all, I'm gonna try to wear me sephiroth on the train
so we might arrive in costume <minus the "hair art"> and just
be snazzy in line :square: yay
sephy get-up made of vinyl! keeps freshness and feels like
just came out of the pool!

Mesoian
07-06-2004, 06:31 PM
2 Words.

POOL PARTY! HELL YEAH BABY!

Darth Takeo
07-06-2004, 06:34 PM
so many ideas thrown at the wall.... what's gonna stick? Breakfast... Lunch... Pool Party... all great ideas but I doubt we could all coordinate more than 1

maybe we all need to vote...

Darth Takeo
07-07-2004, 10:51 AM
see thread in main Otakon forum to vote on best idea!!

Dj Taka
07-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey guys , Im interested and Stuff. This seems awesome. I want be in on this also, I only know neko Cathy here, I met her at katsucon and such. Well reply and see what you guys think. Im just a random asian guy that pops out of nowhere ^_^

bgulizia
07-18-2004, 06:17 PM
see thread in main Otakon forum to vote on best idea!!

Hi there, Im new to Otakon, but I'll be staying at the holiday inn as well. ^^;

-bg

Blue Sasarai
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
im at holiday inn, im going with a friend and im sharing a room with my other friends friends *x* he he. i think he told me lyn was one of em, (hope she sees this) *waves* well the whole holiday inn group should do something, maybe play ddr or something lol. lets talk about ideas.

Amy the Yu
07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm crashing with Akiko Ki, so where she goes, I probably will follow since I doubt I'll find my other friends again once we sperate unless it's out of pure dumb luck. XD

I'm lucky (read: so lazy) that all my costumes were conjured up with the idea to use my real hair instead of wearing a wig. =D

I also don't like make up...so aside from a little piece of double sided tape that will be used to stick tiny gold moon to my forehead for Luna costume on Saturday, I got almost no need to wake up early or anything...Akiko can kick me awake to get rid of her not-so-happy-in-the-mornings mood while she gets ready. XD

I say someone actually plans out a proper meeting spot. The last con I was at, everyone wanted to gather, but no place or time was set and no one could find anyone else and we all ended up just keeping to ourselves all night...no fun at all...

AmeCassee
07-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to Holiday Inn too, so did you guys decide a meet-up time and place at all??

At least theres going to be some people to walk home with so I don't have to go alone..... ^_^

(( So DID NOT look at the date and see how old this was. Stupid newbie like me.... *is embaressed*))