PDA

View Full Version : 05 pannel idea: Design on a Dime

Yumeko
06-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Been a while since I posted here...Anyway I decided I'd get the reaction of the cosplayers first before I put too much time into this pannel idea for Acen 05...

While I was shopping for materials for another costume of mine, I got the idea about doing a pannel on designing and making really nice costumes on a really tight budget without going "ghetto" (Yes It Is Possible and I know the secrets)

What do you think?

Jgo Factor
06-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Sounds good to me :bigtu:

Yui
06-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Dude, that is a good idea. I really appreciate panels that aren't cosplay-related in general (as they are too broad) but focus in on some specific element that you can cover in a 1/2 hour easily.
(Also, as maybe a test run, you might want to look into Anime Sound and Vision this fall....this sounds like a panel they would support perhaps.)

Karoi
06-23-2004, 07:36 PM
I would go and I normally don't like pannels. ^_^

ParnsAngel
06-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Non-ghetto? What? Whats that XD!!!!

It sounds interesting, and would definitely be helpful! I'd like to see it ^^

Yumeko
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
. Yes, It is possible to pull off a great costume without breaking the bank or going ghetto. :love:
And seeing as there is intrest in the my pannel idea, I am going to submit it as soon as things get started. As for anime Sound and Vision, I don't know when it is or how to contact any there so I won't be attending that con.

However, if anyone is interested in picking up a few tips as well as helping me refine the pannel/workshop for acen, I would be more than willing to try to schedule a mini workshop for Chicago Residents :cool:

Karoi
06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Have you posted this on the acen forum (http://www.acen.org/forums/) yet?

Yumeko
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Have you posted this on the acen forum (http://www.acen.org/forums/) yet?

nope, not yet, besides I was on LP staff this past year (and hopefully next) I want to make sure I have my staff position before I start finilzing plans for this pannel

Ayana
06-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey, I'd definitely be willing to help with that panel (if you'd like help with it), I've managed to do every one of my costumes (but one that needed a wig) for under $50, so I'm good at cheap-but-not-ghetto :D

NeonRainDrop
06-25-2004, 04:22 PM
I'd definitely love that! Seriously... it sounds awesome and more importantly, fuN!

CapsuleCorp
06-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I'd be totally in for helping you out with a panel like that, Yumeko. I have ALL kinds of ideas and tips that I've picked up along the way. You know where to find me. ;)

Yumeko
06-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Ayana and Capsule, Arigatoo!:bigtu: I would greatly appricate the help and I'm more than sure others would value any information you're willing to share.

Please get in touch with my via e-mail or PM either here or on the ACen forum. My Screen name there is Yume No Miko. Also sometime between Anime Reactor and ACen we're going to have to get together to compare notes.

Right now I must get to work *grumble* Ja