PDA

View Full Version : Zelda OoT Twinrova

Rydain
06-22-2004, 08:44 PM
We were starting to go off on a tangent in the Ruto discussion, so I thought it would be best to post my reply as a new thread. :)

hmm that sounds like a plan... but where do you suggest I get said styrofoam?

Look for it in the insulation section of a hardware store. You'd probably have the best luck at a superstore like Home Depot or Lowe's (which is where I got mine). It comes in 8' long sheets, but you can cut it up and glue layers of it together to make a block for carving. The manager at Lowe's was nice enough to snap my insulation into thirds for me, so if you buy some, you can ask for a similar favor.

Regular Styrofoam would probably work, too, because Twinrova's horns (in the game, at least) don't have a ton of detail or precise curves. For a smooth surface, you could cover them with a very thin layer of paper clay (be warned that it gets heavy, so you may want to make a test horn first to be sure that this will work!), which sands down well. A bunch of layers of gesso might be another option.

I'm glad my ideas seem to be of help. :)

SailorAndromeda
06-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Who's making a Twinrova? I *was* going to make one for Otakon this year, but Brian said "no" cause of funds this year, lol
Still, I'd love to attempt her at some point, especially since my Link has a mirror shield ^_^

mindtailor
06-23-2004, 10:30 AM
buahaha I am, SailorAndromeda ^^

thanks, rydain, I'll look for some next time I go (hopefully soon ^^; )

Rydain
06-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I keep wanting to make one, but I keep getting sidetracked by other costumes. First it was my Berserker Rikku outfit...and then my friends decided on a Dynasty Warriors group for ACEN 2005, and my husband is participating, so I get to make two complex costumes that involve fancy props! Weeeeee! I'm putting my foot down now and committing to Twinrova for 2006. Maybe I can even talk my friends into doing a Zelda group... :D

daguru
06-24-2004, 12:58 AM
are there any good pics of twinrova?

Tranquility
06-24-2004, 03:15 AM
(0.0) I've always wanted to see a Twinrova...it seems like it would be pretty hard to pull off. I'm glad you are doing it though (^_^) Which form of her are you making?

mindtailor
06-24-2004, 03:18 PM
this one
Twinrova (http://www.zeldalegends.net/gallery/categories/Ocarina_of_Time/Official_Art/Enemies/media/twinrova2.gif)

the Double Dynamite Attack