PDA

View Full Version : Would yuna from FFX-2 need make-up besides lip-gloss?

manga_ya
06-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah I found the perfect lipgloss for her but I don't know if there is anything else I could do........I hvae freckles but I can't help that.... :p :japan:

Drackt
06-22-2004, 10:30 PM
I'd have to think not. She looks like she doesn't need to wear makeup, but you could always go for a "Natural Look" like with normal makeup. I had done that last Halloween with the exception being bright red lipstick, but I also used some ecru-colored eyeshadow, regular mascara and some light pink blush to look natural.

manga_ya
06-22-2004, 10:32 PM
thanx for the help

ChicoChan
06-22-2004, 10:43 PM
um i just used powder and cover-up and some blush. but yeah lip gloss is probably all you need, i found the perfect color. some neautral-ish eyeshadow might be helpful..than again i make up

+Gogo+
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
I agree with everyone else, use makeup to achieve a natural look...but other than that, you don't need anything heavy.

I would recommend foundation with a bit of powder, a light colored blush, maybe some light fawny eyeshadow and definately mascara.

manga_ya
06-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone! I tried that stuff last night and it worked real well.!!! well all except for mascara. My eyelashes are naturally dark and long, and well 'mascara-ie'. and + I'm not allowed to wear it only blush gloss eyeshadow and some foundation........well yeah

nekhochan
06-23-2004, 12:28 PM
if mascara is banned, try some petroleum jelly(vaseline) to make them look wet and darker, which will make them look more prominent. Just a little bit, not too much, just to make them appear wet. I used to do this when I was too young to wear makeup, and I also taught it to my sister. ^_^

manga_ya
06-23-2004, 12:47 PM
cool !!! It sounds fun....yeah i guess I eaisly amused or something

LuckInSpades
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I'd even say blush is unnecessary. If you want to even out your freckles, that can be done with foundation and powder, but I think freckles are cute. The vaseline for mascara is a great tip.

Overall, I'd say just go with lipgloss, and perhaps any foundation to cover any blemishes or imperfections that YOU find uncomfortable. You know, less is more.

_Mandy_
06-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Try using brown eyeliner to make your eyes stand out in photo's better. If black's applied right it can be unnoticeable until you get up close.

Chosuke
06-23-2004, 11:20 PM
No matter what costume, you NEED foundation,concealer and powder to look your best for pictures.
Even for crossplay.
You can use all three, achieve a very natural, perfect complexion and make everyone jealous of how photogenic you turn out.
Most pictures look bad because the subject in question looks like a washed out crack-ho, but that can easily be fixed with the magic of ..Ta-da, Makeup!

LuckInSpades
06-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Isn't that kind of harsh to say? You know, some people still don't look good even with makeup. And some people look better with very little or no makeup. Makeup is never a MUST.

nekhochan
06-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Isn't that kind of harsh to say? You know, some people still don't look good even with makeup. And some people look better with very little or no makeup. Makeup is never a MUST.

Noone has to ever do anything, but I think that the previous poster was trying to say that people look better in photos with makeup on. And as someone who works in makeup artistry, I must agree. Photographs have a way of bringing out the WORST tones in our face. Even some of the most beautiful celebrities look like they are sick in those paparatzi photos of them "without their face on". Granted, they don't have to have their face on ALL the time, but imagine if Sharon Stone or Charlize Theron showed up to The Academy Awards without their makeup? Especially set against the beautiful clothes they wear. And thats kinda how I see cosplayers who don't take the extra step of adding some makeup to enhance their costume. I've seen gorgeous costumes set against a bare, washed out and tired looking face. I think its a shame.

We all go to great lengths to make our costumes shine-we order the best fabrics, get the best wig, find the right shoes, etc. Why not add the icing on the cake? Why not log onto Fansview or Cosplay.com and go "damn, I look GREAT!!" :heart:

LuckInSpades
06-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Well, Lucy Liu wears minimal, if any makeup, even when she goes to big events. And she still looks great. I just think it is kinda weird to say everyone "NEEDS" foundation. And yes, some people don't look good in some of their photos, but even with makeup some of us still don't look that great. Its a personal choice.

But yes, some people do just look FANTASTIC when they wear makeup for cosplay photos. But I think its kinda rude to say everyone NEEDS foundation. I think that was more what touched a note.

archangeli
06-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, Lucy Liu wears minimal, if any makeup, even when she goes to big events. And she still looks great. I just think it is kinda weird to say everyone "NEEDS" foundation. And yes, some people don't look good in some of their photos, but even with makeup some of us still don't look that great. Its a personal choice.

But yes, some people do just look FANTASTIC when they wear makeup for cosplay photos. But I think its kinda rude to say everyone NEEDS foundation. I think that was more what touched a note.

Actually - if you want to talk Lucy Liu, she was wearing coverup for years to hide her freckles and still does every now and then. No celebrity will go out it public with a bare face, it's just an invitation for the tabloids to take an "ugly-shot."

A sheer layer of foundation and some powder for a con isn't a bad thing (even if you don't do it in real life) since it will even out your skin and make you look better in photos.

I agree with Chobrat and Nehkochan.

manga_ya
06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I have some blimishes which I use foundation on regularly, but other than that i'm not allowed to put on founation, no one objects to powder (excpt dad he objects to clear lipgloss u.u) But since mommy won't be comming with me I could put some on after she drops me off right? The problem is I don't know how to use it with out making my self look orange or yellow or pink. I can only use my mom's foundation, but it dosen't really match my skin tone! maybe i'll sneek a new one when I go wif my BFF shopping
I know '"ya'll" proably don't really care about all that stuff but I wrote it anayaw ^__^

yayahan
06-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I think a little make-up should always be used when your intend to be photographed. Faces can be washed out so easily by the Flash, and look "flat". Blush brings out your cheek bones, and eyeshadow gives your eyes depth. Even if it's only a little, and in light shades, it will make a difference.

Mei
06-25-2004, 03:38 AM
I would really agree with the whole blush/powder/eye shadow thing suggested above. Blush adds nice hue really brings out some features, powder is obvious (and a nice thing to use for the slightest bit of color). You should probably use eye shadow in tones that complement your skin, but that dont clash with your costume. Oh, and wear mascara (curl!) because that's really something that would enhance overall features.

manga_ya
07-11-2004, 02:44 PM
^__^ thankies to everyone!

TsuTsu
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Heh. This reply might be a bit late but I hope it can help. If you haven't noticed, most Final Fantasy girls have these, yellow-goldish-upper eyelids. I read in a Japanese cosplay magazine once that if you dab white eyeshadow on half of your eyelid, and cover it with a slight layer of gold eyeshadow (which should extend 3/4 of your eyelid), you'll be able to reach the same effect. It looks rather natural, which is always good ^^

Yunalesca
08-09-2004, 12:59 PM
She doesn't have a normal face, she has a hyper-feminized face. It'd be a good idea to use stuff to make your eyes look bigger and your cheeks rounder

Xanthe Kelsylva
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I think lipgloss is just fine, unless you want stage makeup for the masquerade.

manga_ya
09-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I can't be yuna....I got to big for my costume..I had to gain weight for this school thing and now I can wear it anymore...>.<