PDA

View Full Version : Chii?

m.e.
06-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Alright - I'm making two costumes and I really wanted to make a Chii costume. Is this costume a no no? It seems like so many people use it. It'll be my first cosplay event as well. I hopefully will be attending in Atlanta - first to watch in the beginning of sept. then hopefully to dress up at the end of September.

back to the original question - do people hate seeing chii now? :lost:

SongofAmazon
06-23-2004, 10:54 PM
I, personally love seeing a well-done Chii. I'm just starting a Chii costume myself. ^^ I say go for it! This is for your own fun, not for other people, ne?

m.e.
06-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Ohh that's so exciting! Are you going to be at the Atlanta convention? How long does it usually take to make your costumes? This will be my first so I know that I"ll be screwing it up and starting over right and left!

Michi
06-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Honestly.. There really isn't as much Chii cosplay as there used to be when the series had its popularity explosion a couple of years ago. Besides, you should cosplay for yourself and not worry about what other people think. ^_^v Go for it.

Fatwetdog
06-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Nah! ^_^ My first one was a Neko Sakura the year *everyone* was Neko Sakura. This year I've got a Witch Hunter Robin. I personally seem to be making a career out of doing "over-done" costumes. Do what you like. Besides, if you manage to go all-out and make the best Chii that's ever been done, then you might as well be the only one that's ever been done. Good luck! ^_^

Clueless Case
06-24-2004, 10:54 AM
I just think ppl are bored with chi becuz so many ppl half arse it. It's soo sad because Chi has some of the prettiest costumes and stickin chi ears on and a dress doesnt do her justice.

Mew_Pudding
06-24-2004, 11:11 AM
I personaly love Chii!! While yes, there are lots and lots of Chii`s, that doesn`t mean we don`t love her. ^.^ As long as you do a good job on the costume and enjoy making it, you`ll be fine! There was an amazing Freya at AnimeNEXT. (Huge cage skirt. o.o; ) I`m making a Freya as well for Halloween, Good Luck with Chii!!!

yayahan
06-24-2004, 12:28 PM
The great thing about Chii is the endless amounts of costumes she is depict in. I love seeing her cosplayed, and don't find it boring at all, especially if the wig and ears are right. I mean, honestly, more than the costume, they are the defining aspects of Chii. But a nice outfits only completes the look ^^

Tenshi
06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Chii is a beautiful character with beautiful outfits. Since she has so many outfits, it's pretty hard to get sick of her. I'm just sick of all the ghetto Chiis. A nicely done Chii is still something to *squee* over ^_^.

Mew_Pudding
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Absolutely. ^.^ We all love Well done Chii`s !! Just, no one likes Ghetto Chii`s. ;_; So, pick a pretty outfit and do a good job and your sure to get a whole bunch of attention!! =D

Michi
06-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah, the ones that are obviously not just a bought dress and ears really stand out. Not to diss on the people that did that, though. x_X Because yeah, sometimes that works too.

I remember seeing a REALLY nice Chii cosplayes at Pacific Media Expo last month. She stood out, having good hair and a nice outfit.

Mew_Pudding
06-24-2004, 10:49 PM
It`s also good if you actually make one of Chii`s outfits. I tried to choose one of Freya`s that wasn`t done very much. (The artsy one where she`s all purple and black and belty.) Decent wigs and good Chii ears are always good too! ^.^ Good Luck on your costume!

lady_artemis
06-24-2004, 11:15 PM
If you want to do Chii, go ahead! She has the most beautiful costumes that you can't get tired of her. And no ghetto Chii XD Please no! I love looking at pictures of Chii and people who cosplay Chii. I'm probably going to cosplay Freya this year =^.^= I love her outfits! And Mew Pudding, I think I saw the outfit that you want to make. It looks fun. I'm going to try to make one of Freya's outfits that has this kinda short puffy red skirt and white corset time thing with black lace and fishnet knee highs.

ivanissacs
06-27-2004, 11:54 AM
i love chi more than any thing ever! and any one that cosplays as her is cool by me if you can get the ears right then go u! fan boys love chi!