PDA

View Full Version : So, next year?

Finding Beauty
06-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I know it's a bit early to ask, but has anyone made plans for next year? I preregistered while I was at the con ($25 sounded a lot preferable to the $45 I paid at the door this year), and another friend -- who also preregistered -- and I have gotten our hotel reservation already.

Anyone planning on being there, have any costume plans already, anything like that? I've already been tossing around ideas, since I have a year's notice this time around instead of a month.

quadrain61
06-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Hope that graduation is NOT going to be the same day as one of the days of Animazement.

Hope to get another sutie so I can sleep on top of a television set

I'm taking that shortcut to the con. I may cosplay next year. Time is never on my side.

nixxer
06-24-2004, 11:04 AM
I have every intention of going to next years con, but I'll wait on pre-reging till later cause if I plan to far ahead it may not happen, or something like that. I have no plans for cosplay as of now. It's just a "I plan to go and hope I do" thing at this time, I'll be waiting awhile before setting any definite plans yet.

GreatSG
06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Nixxer! Haven't seen you here in a while, glad to know you're making it next year. I'll definitely be heading to my home con again, why wouldn't I?

Katu Fushigi
06-24-2004, 03:53 PM
I really want to go, it's just a matter of...well, actually, waiting for online regestration. Yeah, I'm pre-registering as early as possible this time, we waited until December, and it was still expencive...

Kilayi
06-24-2004, 09:28 PM
I too pre-reged while still at the con XP
And of course I will find a way to make it to the one and only con a year for me =P

Archelon
06-24-2004, 09:31 PM
I plan on going next year. If I do, I'll probably just bring my costumes from Otakon 2004 rather than actually make new ones.

Invincible Kaji
06-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I'll be there for sure. Cosplaying what, I don't know, as I might retire the Kaji costume for a bit.

crayolaglue
06-25-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm going again, hopefully. Once I figure out who I'm rooming with I'm going to reserve a room because AZ'04 we ended up having to stay in a hotel one exit down. x__X THAT was annoying. Especially since we had one graduation, so we couldn't come until Saturday morning AND we couldn't check into our hotel until 3 pm, so we ended up changing at a gas station. O___o I'm planning on doing a bunch of costumes for next year. I know that on Friday my friends and I are doing a massive Bandit King group...we've even got a Kir, and we have most of the Jing girls, we're just hoping everyone will be able to come. On Saturday I'm planning to do Gaara and Megaman (NT Warrior). On Sunday I'll just go as Gaara again or something.

Farmboybob
06-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Like Quadrain, as long as graduation doesn't interfere with the con, I'll be there.

Dunno what I'll be cosplaying though.

-=Faust_VIII=-
06-25-2004, 06:39 PM
I want to go. I know wanting and actully going are different things. Just depends if I have the money for it since I'm saving for Yaoi-con ^_^''' And if I do go I really really want to do a Freya from FF9 costume.. *crosses fingers*

Finding Beauty
06-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Like Quadrain, as long as graduation doesn't interfere with the con, I'll be there.

Do people really have graduations on Memorial Day weekend? x_x; Actually, I take that back -- I have a cousin who graduated while I was at Animazement ... I was planning to go to her graduation until I discovered my plans conflicted.

Once I figure out who I'm rooming with I'm going to reserve a room because AZ'04 we ended up having to stay in a hotel one exit down. x__X THAT was annoying.

That sounds annoying. We stayed at the SpringHill Suites because the Sheraton was booked up by the time we made reservations, and I had two other friends who got stuck at Comfort Suites. The SpringHill to Sheraton walk wasn't that bad (except for the fact I kept trying to walk through the wrong gap in the trees), but Comfort Suites to Sheraton was kind of ick. And parking at the Sheraton (since I moved the car from SpringHill to there after we checked out) was really terrible on Saturday evening.

And if I do go I really really want to do a Freya from FF9 costume.. *crosses fingers*

If you go as Freya, I have friends who are plotting to go as Kuja, Beatrix, and (tentatively) Steiner (the problem with this one is mostly figuring out how to make the armor). I'm sure they'd like to have you on board. I'd join in on the FFIX thing, but I don't really look like anyone -- except Garnet, and she drives me nuts, so I'd never consider dressing as her.

Bishie-Cloud
06-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I'm about to pre-register for the con next year.

I think that I'll be going as Cloud again seeing as many people thought I made a good Cloud for some strange reason. I'm also looking for some other costume ideas too.

Anyone that would like to try to put together a whole FF7 group, get in touch with me...trying to find people.

Finding Beauty
06-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I'm about to pre-register for the con next year.

I think that I'll be going as Cloud again seeing as many people thought I made a good Cloud for some strange reason. I'm also looking for some other costume ideas too.

Anyone that would like to try to put together a whole FF7 group, get in touch with me...trying to find people.

I thought your costume for Cloud was good, and you had the Buster Sword, which is a plus -- considering how agonizing that has to be to make and to lug around for an entire convention. You just needed your hair spiked up. :D

And, I would definitely be interested in a whole FFVII group. As far as I'm aware, I'll be going as Vincent Valentine for one day next year, and I've a friend who's planning to go as Cid Highwind.

Bishie-Cloud
06-26-2004, 08:12 PM
That's great ^_^ maybe we'll all have to meet up at a certain time for some pics once i get a full group

Finding Beauty
06-26-2004, 08:14 PM
That's great ^_^ maybe we'll all have to meet up at a certain time for some pics once i get a full group

Definitely. I'd love to do a photo shoot, especially with maybe scenes from the game and all. ;) I'll be bringing my Turk suit along, too, in case I run into the urge to cosplay Tseng again ... I really didn't get as many pictures this year of my own group as I would have liked.

darkpierrot
06-26-2004, 11:18 PM
I know it's a bit early to ask, but has anyone made plans for next year? I preregistered while I was at the con ($25 sounded a lot preferable to the $45 I paid at the door this year), and another friend -- who also preregistered -- and I have gotten our hotel reservation already.

Anyone planning on being there, have any costume plans already, anything like that? I've already been tossing around ideas, since I have a year's notice this time around instead of a month.

Ya, I already pre-registered at the con. I think I'm going to do two or three different costumes for both Animazement and Otakon next year.
See you there!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-28-2004, 11:09 AM
I will BE there! Didn't make it this year and scowled all of Friday and Saturday [esp. when mom said we weren't DOING anything those days!!!!] But i will be 17 next year and me and my friend are going as a graduation present to ourselves! I will not have to drag mom either! And I'm going to try and get a room at the Sheraton! AND I am going as NiNa from DDR and maybe dance as a skit...and some other costumes! I've been planning for another AZ since last year...so i will go...or else!

End Lifeking
07-05-2004, 06:58 PM
I will be there along with the rest of Genjitsu no futekiousha (group name may be subject to change). We are going to do a Naruto theme and maybe a photo shoot, which I will give the date and time if we do decide to do that. A few of us are planning to do a One Piece ?thing? (not sure yet) as well as indiviual cosplay........So be on the look out for us!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-07-2004, 09:30 AM
One piece thing? *stares to bed where Luffy Girl Version lays* Wow...End Lifeking...there's another i could possibly do and blend in with your group if we can ever get this skit together :)

Prof Farnsworth
07-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Yep, preregistered at az'04. I am not not sure what I'll be cosplaying, though. Though next time, I'm actually going to reserve a room early, instead of waiting 'till the last minute. Which reminds me: DJ Ranma, Studmaster, thanks you guys!

Katu Fushigi
07-25-2004, 06:49 PM
OH!! Oh, Oh, Oh!! I'm almost positive that I will have a table in the artist's alley on Sunday, if not Saturday! Anyone wanna stop by?