PDA

View Full Version : digielement magazine on dvd: Anime Boston

Maester Seymour
06-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey, I was in the cosplay at anime next and for being a participant i got this dvd featuring anime boston. I just finished watching the segment on it and I HAD to rush onto the comp to tell everyone who was in the cosplay that you were AMAZING! Some of those costumes just blew my mind you guys kick so much ass. I actually think I had a fight with the Yuna on the dvd (i was seymour for one day at next) at next! XD Just a few shouts, even though they prolly wont read it, but who knows:

Chicken dance ppl: GREAT COSTUMES! You especially stood out to me
Lulu: ahh lulu is my favorite ff female char tied with quisis, you made a great lulu! i heart lulu cosplayers
Armblast: woo kiddy grade cosplay! I'm doing sinistra! :: points to sig::

gah i cant remember anymore but everyone did spectacular! I'm so impressed!

ChibiRinoa
06-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey there, was the whole masq. on the DVD or just clips of it? Do they sll the dvdon the website? (actually ill go check that out..) I'm glad you enjoyed it ^.^
btw. i was the warrior yuna (chick with big clear sword)

Maester Seymour
06-24-2004, 10:12 AM
hmm i dont think i remember seeing a warriors yuna @_@;; they showed a bunch of the walk-ons first and comented on the large amount of walk-ons. then they showed some skits, i wouldnt know if they showed them all cuz i wasnt there ^_^;;

ChibiRinoa
06-24-2004, 12:02 PM
i guess so, there was a bunch of skits, about 3 hours worth of them, i'd be surprised it they included every single one o.0

Maester Seymour
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah wow thats insane... one more shout to that girl with the extendable wings, that was awesome!

blueNINE
06-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Awwwsnap.

I was wondering when the digiElement issue with the AB masquerade would surface. They do sell the magazine from their website (www.digielement.com), but it can't be ordered at the moment because the site is being remodeled.

I cosplayed as Shadow from Final Fantasy VI and played an FF theme on guitar.

Certainly a fun masquerade. I'm looking forward to having a hard copy of it.

Thanks for the news, Maester Seymour.

smellme37
06-26-2004, 12:04 AM
I cosplayed as Shadow from Final Fantasy VI and played an FF theme on guitar.

That made it into the masquerade skits section.
And it was very impressive I must say.

I was the Auron cosplayer and my friend Mike (Miscellaneous on the board) was the Kingdom Hearts Cloud standing next to me for anyone one who's seen the DVD.

The guys doing the interviews were mad nice.
~Joe

blueNINE
06-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the props. I'll keep an eye out for you when I watch the DVD.

The digiElement website's functional again, by the way.

SketchCreations
06-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Any shots of the winner...aka...ME! Like the picture shows..i was the Dark Vash. i would love to have a record of that...and also see the skits, if they are on there, i missed being shuffled around back stage.

Belldandy was definately awesome..but i've told her that.

_sketch

smellme37
06-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Any shots of the winner...aka...ME! Like the picture shows..i was the Dark Vash. i would love to have a record of that...and also see the skits, if they are on there, i missed being shuffled around back stage.

_sketch

Yeah you made it in there. Good song choice too.

SketchCreations
06-28-2004, 01:35 PM
SWEETNESS. that is some serious beans of coolness.

thanks, it was a spare of the moment thing, but that song rocked and it just made sense to use it. hope the paypal thing goes through quickly and the post office is swift. course i'll forget about until it comes in the mail.

_sketch (out)

sephygoth
06-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I was kinda shocked the actual cosplay/maq was a bit short(thought there
were more skits than say 10 min worth). I slapped the dvd on vhs to show to friends if anyone else wants to see. :square:
Just freakin awsome to see it all over again, wish my past
cons could be like that!

Genki Chan
07-01-2004, 04:57 AM
waaaai! durn, I want to see it. A lot of the skits were hard to see from up in the balcony where other masq participants (like myself) sat. I missed a good half of the sketches! Including Ranma's... and his are always the awesomeness.

Chopper
07-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi, I'm the guy who film the cons and edit the video. Glad to hear you like the dvd. I had a blast at Anime Boston.

blueNINE, you were awesome, FF6 is my favorite game of all-time.
SketchCreations, you got my vote for best cosplayer at AB.
smellme37, again thanks for the interview at AB.
I loved the Belldandy skit, one of my top 3 favorite skits in the masquerade.
Genki Chan, the Ranma skit is also one of my fav. I've always been a big fan of Ranma.

Too bad I had to work that weekend, so I couldn't make it to Anime Next this year. It was filmed by another guy. But I'll be back at Otakon. I have a huge filming project and need the fans help, but I can't give the details until I clear it with administration.

If you have any questions concerning Anime Boston or the dvd, feel free to ask.

Genki Chan
07-05-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi, I'm the guy who film the cons and edit the video. Glad to hear you like the dvd. I had a blast at Anime Boston.

blueNINE, you were awesome, FF6 is my favorite game of all-time.
SketchCreations, you got my vote for best cosplayer at AB.
smellme37, again thanks for the interview at AB.
I loved the Belldandy skit, one of my top 3 favorite skits in the masquerade.
Genki Chan, the Ranma skit is also one of my fav. I've always been a big fan of Ranma.

Too bad I had to work that weekend, so I couldn't make it to Anime Next this year. It was filmed by another guy. But I'll be back at Otakon. I have a huge filming project and need the fans help, but I can't give the details until I clear it with administration.

Sorry you couldn't make it to AN. x__x (Next year hopefully!)
Fwee, but indeedy, question. At the next AB will the dvd be for sale?

Chopper
07-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Genki Chan, who were you cosplaying in the masquerade?
Are you asking, our coverage of AB2005, will the dvd for the 2005 coverage be for sell? If so, yes.
If you're asking, will we bring the AB2004 stuff, probably not.

SketchCreations
07-05-2004, 07:07 PM
With paypal all set for ordering the one issue of May/june....how long does it take to receave after ordering? i ordered it last week and i'm still waiting for it. anybody have an idea? -Sketch

Chopper
07-05-2004, 09:12 PM
With paypal all set for ordering the one issue of May/june....how long does it take to receave after ordering? i ordered it last week and i'm still waiting for it. anybody have an idea? -Sketch

Single issue orders does take a bit longer. I've spoken to the guys who handle the orders, last week's orders will be ship this wednesday.

Genki Chan
07-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Genki Chan, who were you cosplaying in the masquerade?
Are you asking, our coverage of AB2005, will the dvd for the 2005 coverage be for sell? If so, yes.
If you're asking, will we bring the AB2004 stuff, probably not.

Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing that up. I was a part of the Gundam Wing skittage.

PatrickD
07-08-2004, 01:49 PM

How would Anime Boston be able to get a copy of that DVD?

hikura
07-08-2004, 09:47 PM
How would Anime Boston be able to get a copy of that DVD?
http://www.digielement.com/ Just contact webmasters and i assume they could give you some copies and what not.Or if some nice otaku would send their copy to you.If you need it i would send you my copy

Chopper
07-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Patrick, I apologize that we haven't send you a copy of our DVD that includes Anime Boston 2004. We intend to do so. Now that I know the chairman of Anime Boston is on this forum that makes it a little easier for us. Just email me the mailing address where you want the dvd to be delivered. My email is Chopper@digielement.com :)

hikura, I find it so funny that you would mail your copy to Patrick. I love the otaku spirit :bigtu: I have a commenting joke that's even funnier, but rather not say because it has potential to insult :cool:

hikura
07-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Patrick, I apologize that we haven't send you a copy of our DVD that includes Anime Boston 2004. We intend to do so. Now that I know the chairman of Anime Boston is on this forum that makes it a little easier for us. Just email me the mailing address where you want the dvd to be delivered. My email is Chopper@digielement.com :)

hikura, I find it so funny that you would mail your copy to Patrick. I love the otaku spirit :bigtu: I have a commenting joke that's even funnier, but rather not say because it has potential to insult :cool:
No need to worry.I have an extremely funny sense of humor.As long as it was stated as a joke i do not mind.I say the last part just sometimes it is hard to tell when some people are joking over the net.
I am just a friendly guy.Plus i am sure i could have gotten myself another copy of the dvd.

PatrickD
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Now that I know the chairman of Anime Boston is on this forum that makes it a little easier for us.

Of course I'm on this forum. I'm a cosplayer! ;)

Chopper
07-09-2004, 02:12 PM
You're at cosplayer?! That's awesome!
I'm also excited that Anime Boston 2005 will be in the Hynes Convention Center. I'll definitely be there.

Hikura, that joke was directed toward Patrick. I have a dark and dry sense of humor, so sometimes I have to watch what I'm saying. Like you said, it's difficult to tell when someone is joking when only reading text.

SketchCreations
07-09-2004, 05:29 PM
ok..i just got that dvd....and watched myself perform with my parents. OK, WHY DIDN"T ANYONE TELL ME I COULDN"T DANCE. I THOUGHT I WAS DANCING PRETTY DAMN NICELY. and that's just sad. i beg of you..no one buy that dvd. haha. *hangs head in shame*

General_Beatrix
07-09-2004, 10:31 PM
lmao, what are you talking about Sketch? you danced fine ^_~

Chopper
07-10-2004, 01:26 AM
i beg of you..no one buy that dvd. haha.
Mods, delete Sketch's post. lol

Just watched the anime boston section again. Sketch, it was a good skit.

Watching the AB section, I want to break out the older con stuff....but I should be working...

SketchCreations
07-11-2004, 09:10 PM
I jest....haha

hikura
07-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Sketch you did great.You were very cool.
I was kinda surpised that the section devoted to animeboston was not longer considering how much space a dvd can hold.But it was good.

SketchCreations
07-12-2004, 08:27 AM
though i lauged my butt off when the walk-ons were fast forward. though i would have liked to hear more interviews on other genres of con. YAY FF, but what about mangas, animes, cosplay life. There were two camera crews for AnimeBoston, are they making a dvd? Is that going to be sold next year? just ponders i have sitting here staring at what i look like dancing. HAHA....i'm still joking. BUY THE DVD!!! I COMMAND IT. happy chopper? haha. -Sketch

Chopper
07-12-2004, 02:38 PM
The Anime Boston piece I admit is a bit short, that's why I'm making up for it with our Otakon piece. It's going to be long because we're doing a reality tv type of thing with anime fans. It should be a lot of fun. I can't wait!

SketchCreations
07-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Rats and i can't go this year

sephygoth
07-13-2004, 09:34 AM
just kidding, when a friend and I played the dvd for the first time we
coudn't help but anticipate the vash mondo strut(and was perfect), but
yeah with all that room, why the short lived and cut up masquerade?
some of the official "skits" were pretty much walk ons(and a couple were shorter). still great to show to swarms of friends(noow going to ab05)
Yes load that dvd for otakon(and anime next?) we have to help show sketch that he missed. Just in case sir sketch, I'm draggin along a digicam and a few anxious pic-takers for massive pics.
I'm not a pic-taker, do not accuse me of being a "pic-taker"!

SketchCreations
07-13-2004, 11:49 AM
i get enough crap from my friends. But it would be hilarious if there were people searching for me. like a girl holding a sign "Looking for AB Vash" nah ah well. HAVE FUN WITH OUT ME. and i'm sure i'll see ALL the pictures here. -Sketch

Chopper
07-13-2004, 02:16 PM
why the short lived and cut up masquerade?
The reason for the cut up masquerade is because of an quality issue. Some masquerades at cons doesn't have a mic or have a bad mics. For skits that have live talking, on video, we can barely hear them. And I also leave out some of the run-on and less interesting skits. So it's a trade off of what you want. I'll do the best that I can to have more con stuff. We need more feedback, to know what you guys want.

A note to Patrick: In AB2005, if possible please move mic closer to stage so we can hear the live talkie skits :)

sephygoth
07-13-2004, 02:57 PM
i get enough crap from my friends. But it would be hilarious if there were people searching for me. like a girl holding a sign "Looking for AB Vash" nah ah well. HAVE FUN WITH OUT ME. and i'm sure i'll see ALL the pictures here. -Sketch
<>yeah, plans are to take advantage of the photo option on cosplay.com uh by the way, is there an arcade with ddr in boston? why is it hard to find?
->as far as DIGI ELEMENT Feedback, glad to have complained..uh I mean helped. I do remember one "skit" that was only memorable becasue of where I was soon after the show:person complained about not winning to a judge. I was in costume when this person said it wasn't worth getting done up for if ya can't win. all I said was that I haven't won anything yet, too busy having fun. Not many people heard the conversation us 3 had, but that's the only way I remembered the skit and it's just that it didn't make your cut... some pretty good cuts in the end, the sped up walk-ons was probably appropriate too. So don't mind me, I really wanted chip in the cons, pros is that I've had to make a copy to show to friends that have no dvd(had a big sitting, I ended up playing it 3 times last weekend)
we must relive the past ay...

SketchCreations
07-13-2004, 03:55 PM
whoa...complaining about not winning...what a whiner. Which sketch was was that, dizzy? i actually apologized to the judges for when i first went out and dind't shake their hands...felt so bad about that. but i realized that when i went out the second time. shook them. Just a suggestioin...possability of documenting the awards. cause a friend watched it was like "where are the awards, i wanted to know who won what" just a suggestion.

sephygoth
07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
whoa...complaining about not winning...what a whiner. Which sketch was was that, dizzy? i actually apologized to the judges for when i first went out and dind't shake their hands...felt so bad about that. but i realized that when i went out the second time. shook them. Just a suggestioin...possability of documenting the awards. cause a friend watched it was like "where are the awards, i wanted to know who won what" just a suggestion.
> I really don't wanna hurt their feelings anymore, but how bout I say one more thing: practice a bit more, then you'll be good. <
it was the rap where some guy had a weird hat that I couldn't see from upstairs. It was a bit long and I didn't really understand the voice. oh well...
I thought the judges were great, they're actually cosplayers(unlike another con where jugdes were guests and a couple staff...burns me up cause they're prob not as into it as us real cosplayers)
OMG yes, like in the credits would be a sweet spot for official awards!

Chopper
07-13-2004, 10:33 PM
The poke-rap guy, yeah I remember that one. He wasn't that good, I thought, lol. Complaining about not winning? Well, he missed the idea of cosplaying and entering in a masquerade.

Suggestions are great, if you have them, keep them coming!

The next dvd deadline is tomorrow. Do you want the Anime Next in there? I wasn't there, so the video I have isn't that good. And the picture and audio quality are off because the room was dark and the mics were terrible. Yet me know soon.

PatrickD
07-13-2004, 11:38 PM
A note to Patrick: In AB2005, if possible please move mic closer to stage so we can hear the live talkie skits :)

See, there's A REASON we require audio to be pre-recorded. Microphones suck.

SketchCreations
07-14-2004, 09:05 AM
I had a HUGE guess that it was that guy. I give him points on the concept. the exicution -100. if he made a full body costume of meowth but decorated him like a rapper then i'd give him more consideration. He prerecorded his rap i believe so not benig able to see his face didnt 'matter. he was preaching to me how he thought he'd win best performance, and i nicely knoded my head and smiled thinking "Um, you're wearing a wife beater and the decoration on your head is hard to understand and looks like you made it last night." I think he could have done well if he designed it like the Warner Brother tshirts, where like Taz is from the ghetto, but it's the poke'mon. And i dont' want to sound mean or insult him anymore either, but it IS a masquerade, and i think there's a standard needed to be understood. That's what drove me to go the extra mile. and my god, short and sweet on the skits. It's just hard to keep the crowd captivated. no con goer has an attention span anymore. ok..enough of MY preaching.

Suggestions. hmmm... going along with the awards at the end, if possable try and interview the winners. This way people who buy the dvd can see closer details tey couldn't possably see from the stage. have them explain how they made it or why they choose the character and skit. inspiration...reference. (don't ask them cost hahah..it might scare viewers) it might inspire the furture masquerade competitors and might just make small cons like AB get a larger and more impressive show in coming years.

i've written enough for today. -Sketch

sephygoth
07-14-2004, 09:38 AM
AN! It's what you guys started with right? Try your best to get it out! I was kinda in that on and yeah the lighting didn't taste too good. There was also a really long skit (10-15 min) and -as sketch said-can't keep people's attention. I thought it was relaxing to have a skit going on while I chat with ppl, as if it was entertaining filler(but was it really a skit when lines were forgotten?)
Oh yeah, Anime Next had a lot more Final Fantasy, maybe easy on the "my favorite character and abilities is/are, oh no wait it's actually, no wait..." there was a final fantasy panel though by a couple fellow cosplayers :rolleyes: but I didn't make it...don't hit me... :untrust: hard anyway. Also, the staff might make it in there, they were pretty loud, maybe just me, but they weren't like any other cons...a bit mean. I wonder if they mistook regular hotel guests for con goers during the yelling... :sulk: so try
to cut that out, might turn away future con goers

Chopper
07-18-2004, 12:39 AM
guymelef, the next dvd is finalized, and you should see them circulating at Otakon. AN is kind of in the next issue, info is on this link
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=37452&page=2
Do you mean last year's AN was our first con on video? If so, it's not. Otakon was and we had a free dvd offer with an hour and a half video footage on Otakon '03.

JTARI
07-18-2004, 02:48 AM
the Ranma skit is also one of my fav. I've always been a big fan of Ranma.

Hehehe, thanks! I was the Akane in that skit.

The DVD was very cool, especially since I missed a lot of what was going on because of where they sat us. My only thing (though its not even about the cosplay portion) was maybe there was too much Final Fantasy (like how everything prior to the Masquerade, was well, just that). I say that having seen the Otakon 2003 dvd, which was fantastic, I kinda wish AB got some of that same coverage :p. But I understand though if it couldn't since it is a smaller con.

Chopper
07-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Hey Akane! It's good to heard from the people I edit on video.

AB and other cons after Otakon 2003, I didn't want to repeat the same thing. It was two days before AB and I had to come up with a theme, other than a general con coverage like otakon '03. What was one thing guarantee to have at a con? It's FF cosplayers. So I came up with a bunch of FF questions. Too much FF indeed, but I think it turned out pretty well.

This year for Otakon, we're doing something very different. It has good potential to kick ass and even better than our previous Otakon coverage. If it works out well, I'll implement the format to other cons. Though it's the same format, the material should be fresh everytime. Stay tune.

sephygoth
07-23-2004, 11:34 AM
yo chopper, there a way to get a copy of the otakon one
you did last year? I'd like to rewind a bit since it was a year ago. I
did subscribe and so far the "issues" are indeed pretty fun :bigtu:

sheepsarai
07-25-2004, 08:09 PM
hey i got intervierwed for that >-< wonder if i made it in! I was black mage rikku in hind sight i think i messed up the intervierw and prob sounded stupid cause that was the first tinterview ive ever done not mention i was in the first costume i ever made heh. Is that issue available for ordering yet???

EDIT: umm okay ive been to the site and i see u guys are taking subscriptions, is there a way for me to order just that issue?

hikura
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM
hey i got intervierwed for that >-< wonder if i made it in! I was black mage rikku in hind sight i think i messed up the intervierw and prob sounded stupid cause that was the first tinterview ive ever done not mention i was in the first costume i ever made heh. Is that issue available for ordering yet???

EDIT: umm okay ive been to the site and i see u guys are taking subscriptions, is there a way for me to order just that issue?
Just go to the site and hit the subscribe button.On the next page hit subscribe again and they give three options.Buy a years subscription or buy two one year subscriptions(one for friend and one for you) or order may june's issue.Just do what you want.
http://www.digielement.com/sub1.php for easier convince.

sheepsarai
07-26-2004, 12:53 PM
thanks hikura! i placed my order thanks to you help! *sits and waits for digielement to come in the mail* ^-^ squeeee!

hikura
07-26-2004, 03:08 PM
thanks hikura! i placed my order thanks to you help! *sits and waits for digielement to come in the mail* ^-^ squeeee!
Welcome.Just being nice.You will like it.It is a bit on a short side for coverage but it does come with some cool skits on the dvd skid.My favorite was the Belldanddy from ah my goddess.I loved how she did the wings.Plus the fully decked out vash with the dark red pleather and metal armor(on his legs) was cool also.

Chopper
07-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi sheepsarai, I was the guy on the dv cam. Thanks for doing the interview and you did great! This is very important: PM me your name. We have a new issue out. The guys taking care of shipping dvd's out will probably mail you that issue. I'll make sure you get the one with anime boston.

Hikura, wow thanks for the help :). You know the site better than I do, lol

hikura
07-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi sheepsarai, I was the guy on the dv cam. Thanks for doing the interview and you did great! This is very important: PM me your name. We have a new issue out. The guys taking care of shipping dvd's out will probably mail you that issue. I'll make sure you get the one with anime boston.

Hikura, wow thanks for the help :). You know the site better than I do, lol
When one visit the sites at least three to four times weekly and checks it out throughly..one tends to know the lay out lmao.Plus if you do not have an extra copy of the last issue i could always just give my copy to sheepsarai if she wants it.

Chopper
07-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Plus if you do not have an extra copy of the last issue i could always just give my copy to sheepsarai if she wants it.

Finding every opportunity to get rid of that dvd huh, lmao

hikura
07-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Finding every opportunity to get rid of that dvd huh, lmao
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.I loved the dvd.Being a nice guy.lol.*honestly have watched the dvd like several times for the coverage of animeboston*

sheepsarai
07-27-2004, 01:01 AM
When one visit the sites at least three to four times weekly and checks it out throughly..one tends to know the lay out lmao.Plus if you do not have an extra copy of the last issue i could always just give my copy to sheepsarai if she wants it.

hehehe thats a nice gesture! ^-^ thought hopefully ill get the right one in the mail! Squeee!