PDA

View Full Version : False Eyelashes - Any Recommendations?

sailorpsychosis
06-24-2004, 01:52 AM
For my next Cosplay, I am going to do something I've never had to do (nor had the desire to do) in a theater career of nine years.... Wear false eyelashes! :mfg:
So, before I go out and buy anything, I was wondering what brand of eyelashes and glue people recommend. (Also, any tips about application would be much appreciated! ^^)
(In case this information is relevant: I have dark, long eyelashes that don't curl much at all. I'm looking for 60's style eyelashes... Like the look on "I Dream of Jeannie"...)

Thanks!

Fatwetdog
06-24-2004, 02:26 AM
I wear the standard kind that come in one piece for each eye. My sister is kind of the makeup maven of the world, and she gets ever so devastated whenever she sees my "ghetto-lashes." The alleged socio-economic status of my fake lashes aside, she says that the only way to wear false lashes is to buy the ones that come in individual hairs that you glue on one at a time. She wears them out as part of her normal makeup. I've never tried it, but they do look quite real.

For application, just practice forever. ^_^ put just the tiniest bit of glue on and then blow on it for a bit so it's not too wet when you put it on, you want it tacky. Get it as close as possible to the lashes without touching them. (apparently nasty stuff happens if you glue them to your actual lashes.)

For 60s lashes you can do what my mom did... you buy the regular kind of ultra-long ones, cut them in half, and only apply the lashes to the outer half of your eyelid. Curl them with your normal lashes, apply a swipe of black mascara over your lashes, and a second swipe just on the outer corners.

archangeli
06-24-2004, 09:39 AM
search the forums. this has come up before and Dani posted a scan of "how to apply fake eyelashes" from Kevyn Aucoin's book "Making Faces."

**edit**

here it is -
Glueing on fake eyelashes:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=32294