PDA

View Full Version : Very interested in joining the Cosplay fun, I need mentors.

Sintellect
06-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone,
I am a huge fan of video games, fantasy movies, fantasy books, comics...etc and I enjoy the heck out of the cons but I have never realy dressed up. I kinda stumbled across this site and im excited to join the community. Last year I went as a generic vampire but my costume was realy kinda lame. I am attending Comic-Con again this year and was wondering if thier are any locals that wana help me out with some experiance.

Dany
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
All I can say is..welcome to Madness(tm). :)

Interestingly enough, this will be my first ComicCon, so I suppose that we're relatively even!

I'm not "local", unfortunately (I'm in San Francisco, to be precise), but depending on what you're looking for in terms of 'mentoring', I can try to impart some sense of 'wisdom', depending on what you are doing.

Do you have an idea of what you would like to do for costuming, or are you still juggling ideas?

Sintellect
06-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Well thier are alot of questions but I guess the first thing is deciding on a character. I was sort of toying with the idea of an Aeilman from the Wheel of Time series. But didnt realy know if that would be appropriate.

Dany
06-24-2004, 10:25 PM
I'd say ComicCon takes just about anything...but that's just from what I've seen there. ;)

Mich
06-25-2004, 02:45 AM
It's my first CC too. I already know Dany from my other Site,but I'm coming all the way from the U.K. YEY!!!!!
I'm bringing what I can pack LOL

Rogue Marvel
06-25-2004, 03:10 AM
comic con does take just about everything. It called comic con but its really a pop culture convention. Movies, comics, anime, tv...its any costume R US.

I you need help and have picked out your costume I would sugest asking qustions in the costume help section.

Most of us here are willing to help but there is limit to what we can do. Now for at con hang out..we can help you there. I love meeting new cosplayers!

Dany
06-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Speaking of which..I need to STILL finalize my costume schedule..if anyone's going to find me anywhere OTHER than the Masquerade.

Mich
06-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Speaking of which..I need to STILL finalize my costume schedule..if anyone's going to find me anywhere OTHER than the Masquerade.
Waaahahhhaaaa.I'm only taking what I can stuff in a very small case*sob*
I just hope someone can find me......I just know I'm going to get SO lost!

Dany
06-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Waaahahhhaaaa.I'm only taking what I can stuff in a very small case*sob*
I just hope someone can find me......I just know I'm going to get SO lost!

Well, it'll help if I know where you are! I'm in about the same spot as you...wondering if I'll have to walk around with a big arrow pointing at me or something...

It would clash with my clothes though...most of the time :(

BlueLady
06-25-2004, 09:28 PM
experience? Just go, have fun and gain experience. I would volunteer to help you but Im volunteer/portfolio review/ art room watcher.. i have no life at comic con XD

Fireshark
06-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I was thinking about bringing a balloon. Y'know, so you could easily be found... Again, kind of clashes, but hey. Balloons are fun anyway, right? ;)

Dany
06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
I was thinking about bringing a balloon. Y'know, so you could easily be found... Again, kind of clashes, but hey. Balloons are fun anyway, right? ;)

That they are! ;)

Hmmm..it's too bad the programming's not out yet. I was writing down my schedule today, but realized that Saturday is already mostly booked, and everything else will depend on the programming...

Mich
06-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Well, it'll help if I know where you are! I'm in about the same spot as you...wondering if I'll have to walk around with a big arrow pointing at me or something...

It would clash with my clothes though...most of the time :(

Hhahahhahahah,* could be made into some sorta costume all on it's own,Mich thinks*

Ahhh we MUST exchange cell/mobile numbers Dany.....

Reaver
06-26-2004, 08:23 PM
yeah, thsi is my first comiccon, but my 3rd convention. I can help u with cosplay ideas and construction, but I live about an hour from SD! XD