PDA

View Full Version : Northern California Hookup?

ash_chan
06-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Depending on the number (the more the better ^_^), someone should hold an event in northern cali. It seems that all the good stuff is too far to get to (Either in another state, or is in southern cali, which can be hard to get to, due to...lets say...parental obsticals... :thumbsup: ) A meet in an easy to reach place would be very nice. Maybe somewhere in the center of cali?
What do you guys think?Post replies plz!

Michi
06-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Ehh? We have YaoiCon, Anime Overdose, ReccaCon, Japantown Anime Faire, and FanimeCon up here... and that's not even all of them. ^_^;

And there's been a few cosplayer gatherings too. I guess another one sometime soon wouldn't hurt -- there hasn't been one for a while now.

alostblackcat
06-29-2004, 11:26 PM
like san francisco yo umean..

well yeah

we do have a lot of events but a get together would be nice

i'd go

indie_chixor
06-29-2004, 11:37 PM
d00d!

Fanime is always so far away...Santa Clara/San Jose....4 hour drive for me!

I would love it if we had somewhere more northern, like Sac-town.

A Sacramento convention is what we need!! ( I live right next to Chico, if anyone knows where that is)

Michi
06-29-2004, 11:50 PM
A Sacramento con is already in planning for next year. ^^ There's a thread about it somewhere in Other cons, I believe.

indie_chixor
06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
JAAAAAAAAAA???

OMG!!

*ubersupertackleglompsMichi*

^_^

Michi
06-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Hahaha yeah, I'd just search for Sacramento in the Other section. There's a thread about Sacramento cons, and a few other scifi cons up there, but one of them has mention of the con itself later in the thread. If I wasn't so busy right now I'd get it myself. ^_^;;

indie_chixor
06-30-2004, 12:29 AM
OK, did a search and here are a few northern cali conventions, and the most is

San Fran
Yaoi-Con
JapanTown Anime Faire
Tales of Anime
eigoManga Campus Invasion

And then theres the sac Kimi no Hanyo, http://www.ryoplace.net/KimiHanyo/location.html

which will be fun if EVERYONE COMES!!!!!!!

yeah. So i know im going!! But School starts in August, so a lot of the san fran ones i cant go...i might go to Anime Expo though...

*huggles FAnime*
I love fanime, and will never miss another year

Michi
06-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, Kimi no Hanyo is what I was referring to. Glad you found it. ^^

jabuwa-ku
06-30-2004, 10:37 AM
hey, if you guys had it in actual norcal, (ie- not san fran!) there would be one or two of us that could come.....

Michi
06-30-2004, 04:51 PM
"Actual" NorCal? :P

There's a con being planned for Sacramento, jabuwa-ku. It was just being discussed a few posts above you.

jabuwa-ku
06-30-2004, 05:49 PM
"Actual" NorCal? :P

There's a con being planned for Sacramento, jabuwa-ku. It was just being discussed a few posts above you.

lol. yeah.... i was just replying about the hook-up, but that works too ^_^

Queen_Minnie
06-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Oh.....my.....gawd............Yeah! Finally a con in Sac-town! I don't have to travel, don't have to travel!*does the not travling dance* It's about time! I've had to go to the same little comic book convention, in hopes of seeing one thing anime-ish, for 5 years! Thanx for putting that link up Indie Chixor!

indie_chixor
06-30-2004, 06:13 PM
^_^ yeah!!

Thanks to Michi for letting me know about it ~_^

By that time i'll have my many costumes done!!

Queen_Minnie
06-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah same here, 'cept I'll prolly only have one or two costumes done, if I push it and work everyday til then!!!! I'd better get workin!

indie_chixor
07-01-2004, 04:56 PM
You do realize this is september....2005, right?

kekek i forgot to mention that *sweat*

Michi
07-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah, there's plenty of time to prepare. ^^; I probably won't even be attending, though.

Queen_Minnie
07-02-2004, 05:38 PM
*Takes a look at the Kimi No Hanyo Anime site* Uh....I knew that...heheh. :thumbsup: Ok then I'll have more than two done, that is if I don't run out of cosplay money by then!

ash_chan
07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
ARIGATO GOSAIMASU!!! Actually, I knew about those cons, but there hard for me to get to since I live in Clear Lake(Which I'm sure nobody's ever heard of. Clue: It's in Lake County). I don't have very many ways of transportation,
(Damn it all. Curse my being fourteen, and not able to drive a car...) especially with the gas prices these days (It kinda sucks up cosplay money...^_^;), plus my parents (believe it or not) have lives that (unfortuately) do not have anything to do with Anime, my Anime obssession, or driving me anywhere to meet with others like me. Sad for me...

Now we need a cosplay.com picnic thingie-ma-bobber. Maybe it could be in Santa Rosa...or even here. We have an Outrageous Waters Water Park, or we also have the Konocti Harbor Resort place...I could get prices from my mom(It's nice having connections. Sometimes we get free tickets to concerts. Lucky me...

AmazonPrincess
07-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Now we need a cosplay.com picnic thingie-ma-bobber. Maybe it could be in Santa Rosa...

Yes!!!!!! There are a lot of nice parks here in Santa Rosa, and some even right next to business complexes with interesting statues and fountains that could make for cool backdrops.

hell.... if anyone is interested in a trek out to Santa Rosa for a cosplay picnic I'll plan it!

Michi
07-17-2004, 03:14 AM
Haha as long as it's before August 22 I could make a picnic or something in Santa Rosa. I'm right near there. XDD

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 01:54 PM
COOL! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!! Clearlake is only about...45 mins away from Santa Rosa!!!! We should do something there! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Kelly
07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
hiya! i'm near sacto and my birthdays coming up!! (august 4th) and i am hosting a gothic lolita/cosplay b-day tea-day party for my friend and I in japan town on the 14th of august. if you would like to come that would be super! ^^ and yay for a con in sacto!!

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 06:09 PM
YEA! I try to go, but only if it's alright...I don't want to impose...

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 06:12 PM
BTW, with your little writing under your name, I take it you like Weezer? I saw this guy with a hella tight Weezer shirt, and he took it off. I was very tempted to take it, but he was just too cute...damn...

Kelly
07-17-2004, 06:21 PM
BTW, with your little writing under your name, I take it you like Weezer? I saw this guy with a hella tight Weezer shirt, and he took it off. I was very tempted to take it, but he was just too cute...damn...
^^ i would of glomped the guy to death! lol no your not imposing i'd be really happy if you came!
are you going to ani-magic? (just asking because i am) i love making new friends! *ish happy* btw; were meeting by kinokuniya (bookstore) at 11:00 am anyone is encouraged to go! just look for a mob of loli's

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 06:25 PM
OK! I'll try to finish making my Temari outfit (If anyone ever responds to my posts), I need to start making it...but don't know how...
And I love Kinokuniya!^_^ There's so much cool stuff there! I'll try to make it to the party.
What do you want 4 ur b-day?

Kelly
07-17-2004, 06:32 PM
OK! I'll try to finish making my Temari outfit (If anyone ever responds to my posts), I need to start making it...but don't know how...
And I love Kinokuniya!^_^ There's so much cool stuff there! I'll try to make it to the party.
What do you want 4 ur b-day?
^^; um.. i dont care really... .

oh! your going to fanime? well a whole bunch of my friends and i are going to pmx. its really fun! i had a lot more fun there than fanime. so if you want you could go with us? anywho i love giving out me phone number but people usually get scared by it...o.O so too bad! be scared if ya like. lol 1(916)217-3928 k? just in case you cant find us somehow. i'll have this phone on me k? (or if you just want to talk about nerd rock or cosplay or lolita/jrock stuff) ^^ woot!, more people!

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Fanime is the only one I get to go to. Why?
1. I have family down there. It gives my mom a place to rest.
2. My friends' families chaprone(...yeah right...)
3.We have a tight buget @ my house
So sad 4 me...

And you have to decide on a present!!! I don't know what u want! I can't read ur mind!...or can I?

ash_chan
07-17-2004, 06:44 PM
BTW. Thanx! I finally have someone to talk about cosplay and such with. I don't have a phone, but I can call you when I get a phone card...
Damn my living in a total hick town...

Kelly
07-17-2004, 06:57 PM
BTW. Thanx! I finally have someone to talk about cosplay and such with. I don't have a phone, but I can call you when I get a phone card...
Damn my living in a total hick town...
k..um.... then something lolita-e or just a manga is fine. ermm... maybe i can get my friends to go to fanime then. and so that means no ani-magic for you ether? its in october and i could find a ride/hotel for you to stay in and the best part is...its really cheap! ^^ yep!

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 01:26 PM
I could try. I have to wait and see what is going on with my family's status though(my family members keep getting injured, and need to be cared for...me included, I just got over a broken back...heh,heh...). I

Nadeshiko
07-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes!!!!!! There are a lot of nice parks here in Santa Rosa, and some even right next to business complexes with interesting statues and fountains that could make for cool backdrops.

hell.... if anyone is interested in a trek out to Santa Rosa for a cosplay picnic I'll plan it!

Wish I knew you sooner!

I used to live in that area. I used to attend Sonoma State, but I'm currently moving to the city. Sonoma State's grassy green field is perfect for cosplay photo ops. There's several fountains and a duck pond. Really nice. I wanted to plan something with anime club like that, but since I'm the only cosplayer up against guys who dig mecha and hentai anime...the idea was moot.

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I don't care where it's held at (as long as it's not too far away, I can go as far as Sacramento, maybe a little farther...) I just want to do something! It'll give me an excuse for my mom to buy me my materials that I need to make my costume!!! Plz, someone plan something!!!

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Please!!!!!!!!

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 04:09 PM
...sorry...got a little too excited...-_-;; *Deep breaths* Ahh...

Kelly
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
...sorry...got a little too excited...-_-;; *Deep breaths* Ahh...
^^ Well i'd love it if anyone would come to japan town for my cosplay/loli extravaganza! and ani-magic is going on soon (october) i'm doing hotel right now (getting people together in rooms) and then i'll do reg in august so woot! i'd love to see you all there!

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Wow. LOTS OF COSPLAY!!!! Sorry, I'm still hyper from eating pocky this morning -_-;
...right...,um...we should, like, have a picnic or BBQ or something in August too... anything to get me out of the hellhole known as Clearlake...*shudders*...

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 05:56 PM
...i Hate Clearlake!!! Get Me Outta Here!!!

ash_chan
07-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Yeah...just thought i'd direct people to AmazonPrincess' thread. She is tryin' to figure something out for a get-together in like santa rosa, so check out her thread too,k?

AmazonPrincess
07-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Yes, please, check it out! *^_^*