PDA

View Full Version : Any xxxHOLiC or Tsubasa cosplayers?

Isis Ishtar
06-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey, I'm in the process of making Yuuko's Space-Time Witch costume for Otakon, although I'm not sure I'll be able to get it done by then, what with the limited funds I have. But I know I'll be quite finished by the time Ohayocon roles around. So is anyone else planning a costume from either of those two series? I was thinking we could get together a big group, maybe not just HOLiC or Tsubasa, but any CLAMP character if you have any.

Any takers? :chatah:

Isis Ishtar
06-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Ah, yay! Which Yuuko are you doing?

I was thinking of doing Himawari too, but I might just do a generic student since I don't really feel like dealing with such hair ^^; I just love the girls' school uniform though, so I'll have to do it eventually ^o^

chibiusa
06-26-2004, 08:38 PM
duuuuuude!! totchichan, i finally got to read the tsubasaness *_____* so awesome!! i wanna cosplay that if there is any way *falls over* but i keep planning things >.>;; but if all works out, i'll get to cosplay something from it!! YAAAY *jumps around* ^____^;

Isis Ishtar
06-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Yay!! Chibiusachama, you should do Chii of course!! ^o^

chibiusa
06-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Yay!! Chibiusachama, you should do Chii of course!! ^o^

chii with the fuzzy ears!! woooooo!! <3 ^.^; that would be good heehee

Isis Ishtar
06-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes it would! She is so adorable with fuzzy ears!! ^o^

Isis Ishtar
06-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Heh, yeah, I'm worried about the wig too X________x I found a good one on WitchWigs.com, but it's 50 bucks T______T

Poisonous Intent
06-30-2004, 08:18 PM
how the hell did i miss this thread?!? We have a tsubasa group set up for 2005! I'll be coming as Sakura, my b/f Syaoran, and Aya, as Tomoyo...we might have a Fai or Kurogane depending on whether or not he cna drive up to Ohio. Weee 2 yuuko's and a chi wif fuzzy ears...lol

Isis Ishtar
07-04-2004, 01:50 PM
how the hell did i miss this thread?!? We have a tsubasa group set up for 2005! I'll be coming as Sakura, my b/f Syaoran, and Aya, as Tomoyo...we might have a Fai or Kurogane depending on whether or not he cna drive up to Ohio. Weee 2 yuuko's and a chi wif fuzzy ears...lol

O___O

OMG, this is so awesome! Wow, we might actually be able to get a good sized group ^o^

Your friend's doing Princess Tomoyo?!?! Ah, I can't wait to see her! *___* Oooo, and a Fai too!! LOL, I might actually have two costumes ready for the group (Space-Time Witch Yuuko and Himawari Kunogi, or at least her uniform ^^; Don't know about the wig X___x). Maybe I can sucker someone into wearing whichever one I don't o__O;;

ChibiusaChama, pleeeeeaassseeee do Fuzzy Chi for us!! I would <3 you forever @___@

Poisonous Intent
07-04-2004, 03:23 PM
O___O

OMG, this is so awesome! Wow, we might actually be able to get a good sized group ^o^

Your friend's doing Princess Tomoyo?!?! Ah, I can't wait to see her! *___* Oooo, and a Fai too!!

Hehe, yeah yeah! 2 costumes from tsubasa? that's awesome you most certainly need to wrangle someone into wearing the one which you don't. ~~

Lol, I convinced my Fai to come, since it's right after his mid terms, but he's still indescive between fai and kurogane. ... >.<

Lol, her Tomoyo-hime costume is pretti-ful, lol I need to get her a wig...why are wigs always the trouble?

chibiusa
07-04-2004, 07:40 PM
....>.> FUZZY EAR CHII ROCKS!!1!!!!11!1

^.^;; had to say that heehee

good luck on your wigs everyone!! @____@

Digital Blush
07-04-2004, 11:18 PM
aww :randomly finds this thread: i dont go to this convention but it makes me sad. a few friends of mine and me are going to be cosplaying people from Tsubasa and xxxholic well actually just two of us T_T. I'm going to be Sakura-hime, my boyfriend is going to be Syaoran for akon 16. if any of you can go it would be fun :random though: it is the biggest and first con in the nation :D;;

Isis Ishtar
07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Awww, I'd go to those cons, but I'm poor and not old enough to get a job ^^;; But have fun ^o^ And don't forget to take some piccies! Lol <3

Hotaru: Oh, you have to convince him to do Fai!! *___* Omg, I <3 Fai so freakin much >>; And your friend already has Tomoyo-hime done? Awesome! Aw, its such a pretty costume ^^

Eeks, yeah, wigs are annoying me at this point ;__; Much too expensive for the good ones X__x;

And I'll probably have quite a few people staying in our two hotel rooms (that's right TWO *___* ), so I'll be able to sucker somebody into wearing my other xxx costume, lol ^^;;

FUZZY EAR CHII R0XX0R5 J00R 50XX0R5 O____O

Poisonous Intent
07-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Awww, I wanna coem to A-kon next year but I still have school and i would've been a perfect excuse to say I'm "visiting relatives" to get my parents to allow me to go to the con. your Tsubasa costume's are for all of 2005 con season, my fai and tomoyo will be there. so you might see them next year.

Isis - lol, yeah I got him to do Fai, I have to make the costume any way lol, I'm debating a which one will make him look the cutest, I wouldn't mind if you guys have any suggestions

regular fai http://anilyric.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tsubasa/02/012.jpg

this fai http://www.kawaiisakurashrine.com/info/tsubasa/faikuro27.jpg

other fai http://www.kawaiisakurashrine.com/info/tsubasa/trio.jpg

chibiusa
07-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Isis - lol, yeah I got him to do Fai, I have to make the costume any way lol, I'm debating a which one will make him look the cutest, I wouldn't mind if you guys have any suggestions

man, I really wanted to go to akon T.T A few of my good friends are going but I can't x.x poo

WAIIII <3<3 I love Fai, he's so adorable :3

Personally, I like the first link you gave best, the regular Fai one ^.^ But the second one, with the goggles, comes in a close second! That one's very cute too ^___^

*rolls* we'll all definitely have to get together and take some pictures!! <3<3

SyaoranFan85
07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I doubt I'll ever be able to go to A-Kon, but I'm all about the Tsubasa cosplay! I'm personally looking into doing Tsubasa Syaoran cosplay for ACen '05

0bscurity
07-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Providing everything goes as planned, o_O I'll be fluffy eskamo Fai...

<< K guys?

Isis Ishtar
07-10-2004, 08:51 PM
So we'll have two Fais and two Yuukos. Go us!! ^o^

chibiusa
07-10-2004, 09:40 PM
So we'll have two Fais and two Yuukos. Go us!! ^o^

w0000t megilychama = t3h cuteness fai >XDDD liek omg r011er5!!1!!1!!!!11

and chii with fuzzy ears :3 sqwee this is gonna be great!

Isis Ishtar
07-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Wheeee, yes ^^ So are you doing fuzzy eared Chii, Alyssa? It'd be awesome if you did ^o^

~_~ Stupid insomnia...

chibiusa
07-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Wheeee, yes ^^ So are you doing fuzzy eared Chii, Alyssa? It'd be awesome if you did ^o^

~_~ Stupid insomnia...

yuuuup! i'm not sure if i'll be able to get the entire costume from tsubasa done, but i'm already doing chii so i will have the fuzzy ears for sure >XDDD i'm trying hard to see if i can get the whole thing done though w00t!

Poisonous Intent
07-11-2004, 09:17 PM
yuuuup! i'm not sure if i'll be able to get the entire costume from tsubasa done, but i'm already doing chii so i will have the fuzzy ears for sure >XDDD i'm trying hard to see if i can get the whole thing done though w00t!

Yeah, 2 fais lol. they have to fight over the fuzzy chi, lol. J/k. I trying to work out getting a Kurogane and maybe a Yukito...>.< thought that seems impossible it would be great if we have a huge group for the photoshoot somany dang ideas for cute pictures. ~

chibiusa
07-11-2004, 10:36 PM
that seems impossible it would be great if we have a huge group for the photoshoot somany dang ideas for cute pictures. ~

w000t!! it's ok, we should do a photoshoot with even a small group ^____^ still gotta love photoshoots heehee <3<3 but that would rock if we could get a BIIIIIG group *____*

....fai pwnz j00 ^___^ i wuffle him <3

Isis Ishtar
07-15-2004, 06:16 AM
Alyssachamalama: Yaaaaaayyy, w000000t, so happy that you're doing fuzzy chii (ears at least xD )!!!!!

Hotaru: YES!!! Must spread the Tsubasa/xxx Cosplayness O__O;;

Photoshoots are a very good thing (although, i admit I've never been in one for a particular series before o.o ).
w00t for Fai-Chama!!! ^o^

xdirengreyxdiex
09-11-2004, 11:48 AM
hewo everybody ^^ i'm going as watanuki-kun! the outfit in the inside cover of #1, with the cat ears, and tail, and wings...yay i'm soo excited! there's going to be a lot of xxxholic and tsubasa-ness cosplayers! i cant wait!

Aquamarinekitty
09-13-2004, 04:48 PM
If no one minds I plan on doing this version of the Space Time Witch and if I get it finished and no one minds, I would like to wear that to the photo shoot. ^_^ http://www.vequinox.net/wallpaper/xxxholicg1.jpg

Poisonous Intent
09-13-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm sure we established, by the fact that we had 3 fai's that having doubles at the photoshoot is fine. So yesh! another Yuuko is welcome and much apperciated. The character design is gourgeous. Do you plan on making the giant fan? O.O Giant fans roxorz....((so becomes apparent my fetish fro giant fans))

AngelicOcean
09-13-2004, 05:49 PM
I am going in Sakuras outfit... http://www.wildwingalleyway.com/masako/gallery/tsubasa.sakura.jpg from the beginning

Isis Ishtar
09-14-2004, 10:07 PM
AquamarineKitty: Oooo, so happy you're doing Yuuko >_>; Since I won't be able to do it now, so you can kidna take my place or something o.O;

Oh yeah, and the 3rd Fai isn't gonna be able to do it (Obscurity), so we now have 2 I think? Maybe, lol ^^;

I think the current line-up is this:

Sakurax2
Li
Yuukox2
Faix2
Himawari
Watanukix2 (?)
Chii

Annndd....am I missing anyone? I didn't go back through the post to see, that was all just from memory >_>; And feel free to correct me if I got any of that stuff up there incorrect o.O;

Poisonous Intent
09-16-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah, kinda screwed up my numbers I guess theres only one fai now. O.O and you forgot Tomoyo-hime that's pretty much It I think.

Aquamarinekitty
09-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Aww.. It sucks that quite a few have dropped out it seems. I am going to hopefully have my costume done this weekend. (All sept the fan.) So I might be able to get pictures up and ask for any sugestions. And before I buy the material, is her dress black or purple in that picture. I have only seen black and whites of it.

Isis Ishtar
09-20-2004, 03:22 PM
You're doing the space-time witch version right? *is too lazy to go back and look at past posts*

It's mostly all black and white (there's a few light blue parts stuck in randomly). There are a few color images of it at the beginning of volume 2 and I have them scanned if you'd like me to send them to you or something.

Aquamarinekitty
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Nah. I got fabric yesterday. It is black silk that is really flowy and shiny. ^_^ I like shiny. ^_^

Aquamarinekitty
11-25-2004, 10:42 PM
*Bumps* Okay. 1) I have not started on my costume because A) My grandma does trust me and thinks I will mess up. B) She told me to Work on the fan. 2) Is there a photoshoot then? And when? Also any tips on how to make a fricken 6 foot fan?

Isis Ishtar
11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking the photoshoot will be on Friday. What times would be good for everybody?

Also, I won't have a Himawari wig for Ohayocon, so I'll just ahve to go as blonde Himawari-chan again ^^; But oh well =P

Aquamarinekitty
11-30-2004, 07:53 PM
How about like 7pm Friday? Gives everyone enough time to get there and settled in and find the meeting place. ^_^

Isis Ishtar
12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Mmmkay, that sounds good ^^ I'll tell my department head that so she can schedule my shift around it.

And for meeting places, I'd just say at the normal photoshoot spot, the large area of stairs leading up to the third floor (which will be the Dealers Room this year) and down to the Food Court, by that little cafe stand.

Friday 7:00 pm
Main stairs

Isis Ishtar
01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Eeeks, slight problem x.x

I'm staffing in the Dealers Room until 7:30pm Friday x.x; So, unless I can somehow get my hours changed, or leave early or something, we might have to change the time for this u_u

Really sorry about this everyone ;_____;

But how does 8pm Friday sound? It would give me enough time to help close up and then get my costume on. But is that too late do you think?

Gaaahhhh.....

Aquamarinekitty
01-05-2005, 08:43 PM
That time is perfect. I can't leave Toledo till 3 pm Friday so it gives me time to get there, unpacked, dressed, and to the meeting place.

xdirengreyxdiex
01-06-2005, 10:18 AM
yay, now i know the time, 8pm is so much better for me, beause i'm not sure when i'm going to be arriving..^^ my watanuki costume is far from being done, and only 8 days left...>.< but i gotta get it done so it will be finished in time, by the way, does anybody have ideas for putting wings onto a jacket? i was thinking that i'd have to make them detachable, so that i could sit down and not be an inch on the chair XD but they're heavy wings, and the fabric is thinish....i dont know how to do this x.x please leave me some ideas!

Isis Ishtar
01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Ah, ok, that makes me feel so relieved ^^; So 8pm at the main stairway it is then! Yay ^_^

As for the wings, I've never done wings before x.x I think there's something in the FAQ on this site about how to attach them and stuff...try searching for it!

Aquamarinekitty
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh my god! Almost a week until the convention and my grandma hasn't worked on the costume. And I lost all those bead things I had for on Yuuko. And now today I found out we don't have enough fabric. Gah! I might not be able to make this costume... But I will be there to take pictures. ^_^

Isis Ishtar
01-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Ahhhhh, noooooo ;___________;

u_u *sad*

Haha, it might just end up being a couple of us then, not really much of a photoshoot O___o; Oh well.

...maybe we should just cancel it then. Since no one else seems to be able to make it x.x We'll probably see each other at some point during the con, so we can just take pics then.

xdirengreyxdiex
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
noooo, we must have a big group!, lets send everyone a message who posted on here that they were interested and inform them and see how many replies we get back, if they'res quite a few, lets go for it, if not, we can just take pictures when we see eachother, but i think it would be good to see if people are still interested!

Isis Ishtar
01-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I've already talked to most of the people that were interested before, and we're the only ones still doing the costumes (I don't think a lot of the people are even coming anymore x.x).

xdirengreyxdiex
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
well that sucks.....well at least we can still take pictures together, i've never seen a himawari b4 and i really wanna see your costume, so lets play go and find the xxxholic people ^^ plus our character's together are perfect heh. see you there

xdirengreyxdiex
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
by the way, what day are you going to be wearing your costume? i'm wearing mine all 3 days, because i only have one costume, it is in fact the second one i've ever made, but just wondering so i know when to go search for you

Isis Ishtar
01-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Eh, I'll be wearing it all day Friday ^^

I actually just PMed Hotaru kou (the one girl that was going to be bringing the huge group) and she confirmed that she herself wasn't going, but a few others might, so we'll have to wait and see. She's going to get back to me about it...hopefully in a day or so x.x;

Kohakuma
05-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Erm.. There's a slight chance now that I'll be going to Otakon.. If I do, I'd love to take pictures of you guys. I'll be Tomoyo Hime on Saturday for the contest, but if you guys are having the shuite on friday, I can jump into costume then as well. -n_n-

Amy the Yu
10-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I'll be making Sakura's dress from Syaoran's dream sequence. With the wings if I get off my lazy ass, without the wings if I stay seated on my lazy ass. -_-;;

Kaitou Kid
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I will either be going as Sakura or Tomoyo or Princess Emeraude not sure yet but be expecting one of them.