PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions about Skits...

Grit
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Ok #1 would reciting a monologue from an Anime Character count as a Skit?And #2 Does anyone know a website where I can get Anime Monoluges, preferably Wolfwood's Death Monologue.

Thanks in advance.

dchan
06-27-2004, 12:29 AM
#1 Yes, yes it does. A "skit" per say is anything besides just walking on and pretending like you're at a fashion show.

#2 No clue, but I'll check and see if I can find it ^_^

Grit
06-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Ok,thanks!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
I cried when Wolfwood died! If you do that...you must have EMOTION!!! MAKE ME CRY!!! lol! What con would you do this at so i can be sure to be there! (love that scene!)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-28-2004, 04:25 PM
I have the monolouge Grit! I have it saved from when i was going to do that....(still may...with emotion :) PM me if ya want it.

Arch_Angel_Mika
07-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I was going to do a monolouge as Mika, about him being tiored of people calling him short. ^_^ Monolouges, I think are the hardest of the skits to do. Because you are doing it completely without help, and you have to keep the audience entertained BY yourself. That kinda is hard and sux sometimes. Depending on what kind of material you are sitting on. ^.^

Grit
07-03-2004, 04:48 AM
I'm going to Animefest to answer your question.Heh, My mom is a Theatre teacher, she taught me a thing or two about acting.I've already got the Monologue memorized...it really pains me to kinda feel what Wolfwood felt.I think it'll be worth it.I'll try to achive a most exellent performance.

Grit
07-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Sorry to revive this but I have one final request...You see, like I've said, my lines I have memorized by heart but I have no idea on how to do his blocking.(i.e. When exactly he drops to his knees) Cartoon Network won't air the episode in time,I can't find the episode "Paradise" in stores, I don't wanna buy online,and I refuse to download it.My request is, can someone give me a detailed idea of what Wolfwood does movement/emotional wise thourought the monologue? Seems like a big request and I apologize again for bringing this up again.I thank you in advance.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Lemme recall that episode in my mind quickly...Ok...he is limping in and apologizes...he's holding the cross for support. Let's see how i can describe this...He's talking to God as if...he's his best friend. There's pain and hurt in his voice and at first he's talking as if he knows that dying is all he can do...When he takes a pull on the cigg, he's all calm and...well, i think he's acting all weirdy...'That tastes good'...Imagine you're eating your favorite food when u say that line :) Then, he falls to his knees with a pained noise...Then the emotion into those next lines is REALLY kind of hard to describe. At first he wanted to die, but now he doesn't. It's anger mixed with pain mixed with truth...(He KNOWS he's goign to die) Look to the heavens most of the time...umm...Bang the floor a bit.. There...that should work...Was that an all right explanation? It's really hard to describe that scene...That is like the most emotional scene in any anime...(or atleast any i've watched...) I hope i've helped a little...

Cloud_Strife_14
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
ok here's what he does first he limps into the churchwith his cross-gun in pain and when he gets to the alter and lights a smoke and falls to the ground on his knees holding the cross-gun and starts to talk to god about not dying and vash and the girls real emotional like. and then some blood dripples to the floor and his smoke falls to the ground and finaly he dies and falls to the ground and the cross-gun falls next to him

Grit
07-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Alright, I think I get the concept.Thanks guys.

Katu Fushigi
07-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Ok #1 would reciting a monologue from an Anime Character count as a Skit?And #2 Does anyone know a website where I can get Anime Monoluges, preferably Wolfwood's Death Monologue.

Thanks in advance.

Not nessesarily monologues, but entire scripts...there used to be a site out the called "3,2,1, Let's Jam". It had Cowboy Bebop scripts.