PDA

View Full Version : Great Con!

Mappy
05-09-2002, 04:00 PM
AFO3 (http://www.afo3.org)

we need more people on the east coast to attend this mug. its awesome! not only is it dirt cheap to attend, but dealers room is still plentiful in HK cds (SonMay, EverAnime), the "rave" dance is kickin, they play totally fresh new fansubs, and the videogame tournaments are huge projection screen events with a lot of people attending.

Not only that but its the official FUJIKOMA gathering con. everyone of us attends this con so you all should go. its worth the trip totally! ^_^

Adella
05-11-2002, 03:18 AM
I'd like to go, and maybe one day one of us will go and see this con. How long has this con been around? My friend lives in Orlando I bet he's gonna be there!

Mappy
05-16-2002, 08:27 AM
its a branch-off of a comic book convention MegaCon. megacon's anime panels and costumes got so poopular that a group of fans decided it should have its own con.

The first one was back in 2000, at a small outdoorsy hotel. had 1 videoroom, 1 dealers room, and 2 panel rooms. dispite the size, the con was one of the greatest i had been to. the people holding it were in NO WAY expecting so many people to show up for it. they ran out of program books on day 1 ^_^; and the last con was nearly 4x even more popular.

Ameria
05-28-2002, 03:37 PM
AFO....That was so fun last year!!! Nice people and great seats for the music video contest. >D I must go...If I can't go to Otakon, I'll find some way to go to AFO3. Now if only they'd get karaoke.. ^_^

Yami Kuroneko
06-03-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm planning to go. After all I do live in Orlando ( what luck ). And I just live a couple minutes from where it's taking place ^-^! Problem is I forgot how much it cost... But if I go look fo me there, prbably in the Cosplay. I'll be dressed as Skuld from Ah! My Goddess... See ya

All hail the kitty,
Yai Kuroneko

P.S. Here's the URL to their site: http://www.anime.jyu.fi/~fleggett/afo/index.html

Halo Fourteen
06-06-2002, 01:35 AM
AFO rocks! I had a good time there last year ^_^

Juliechan27
06-08-2002, 11:00 AM
:p

hi mappy and shin!
i can't wait for afo3! Yami, you're cosplaying as Skuld? I am (hopefully) going to cosplay as Belldandy from the movie (battle suit).

Yami Kuroneko
06-10-2002, 11:29 AM
I dunno Julie Chan, I might go as Skuld but i'm having alot of trouble with her outfit so I might go as Sakura from CardCaptors.. -.-;

Yami