PDA

View Full Version : Evening plans after 7pm?

Eurobeat King
06-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone,

With the exception of the masquerade on Saturday night, the SD convention center closes the doors to the exhibit hall at 7pm, so that's when everyone files out of the con center and goes out to enjoy the rest of the evening, or get some sleep. hehe I'm just checking to see what everyone plans to do (dinner, movie (at the Horton Plaza), partying) during the evening for Thursday & Friday night. Myself, I'll probably eat some dinner with friends, and then return to the hotel to u/l pics from the day. (Hopefully I won't fall asleep DURING dinner like I did back in 2002 when eating out with Admin, Aeris, etc.) :thumbsup:

There won't be any cosplay.com table-gatherings at SDCC since there's nowhere to have it if the con-center is closed, and usually after 7pm everyone wants to get some food, party, or put all the crap they bought in the exhibit hall back inside their hotel room. heehee And Saturday I'll be busy with the masquerade which will go late into the night.. Just letting people know ahead of time. ;)

So just checking to see what everyone plans on doing once SDCC shuts down for the night.. See you all in 3 weeks!

Rogue Marvel
06-27-2004, 12:57 PM
well the hall closes but they are still showing movies and anime and they offten have some live programing going on.

I remember one year my friends and I stayed and watched the Princess Bride (which is really great to watch with a bunch of people) and Spiderman.

I think they have had a Kllingon thing one year and the filming of a movie.

Personaly I like to stick around for as long as possable because once I leave for the night I'm done and I like my day to last long.

Tho this year I might go out with my boyfriend a one night since he's coming

BlueLady
06-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Im all for a thursday meet-up.. Sadly I wont be around friday for the fun >.<

kelldar
06-28-2004, 08:53 AM
a meetup would be fun, because otherwise I'd go back to the hotel and go to sleep, lol :D

Mich
06-28-2004, 02:10 PM
a meetup would be fun, because otherwise I'd go back to the hotel and go to sleep, lol :D
hahahahhahahahha

Reno_kun
06-28-2004, 06:14 PM
yea let's do a meet up on thursday this was Bluelady can make it. but let's see what should we do though???

Eurobeat King
06-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Kell: Yeah, I'd like to hang out with you like we did at A-kon this year, and since it's your first time to SDCC, you won't be used to the con closing its main hall at 7pm. ;) So I'm up for getting a little dinner.. but where? I know the Horton Plaza has some restaurants, and there was one (forgot the name) up on 1st street where some of us went to for lunch one day. (Yuna, SomethingLulu, Sana-chan, Freya, etc. went with us) But towards the evening since almost EVERYONE is leaving, those places within walking distance could get crowded.. :thumbsup:

BlueLady
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
yeah they are crazy after closing. You always have all the stuff up the gaslamp district

Sana-chan
06-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Last year we went to Pat and Oscar's. It's really easy going there because everyone can pay separately and still be seated together. And the breadsticks are way good.

procrastinator
06-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Last year we went to Pat and Oscar's. It's really easy going there because everyone can pay separately and still be seated together. And the breadsticks are way good.
OMG Pat and Oscars. YUM. So good.
You could always go somewhere in the Gas Lamp, there is always a TON of stuff to do in San Diego!

Dany
06-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Right now, I know the ComicCon LJ community I'm on wants to do a meetup on Thursday night. I might hit that depending on when I get in (subject to driving issues, etc).

What's the scoop for say, early Friday night? If it ends up a Thursday thing, I might have to juggle a bit...I'm kind of partial to being somewhere I might know some people (and since I know EK, that's already one point in favor there ;) )

Scarlett
06-30-2004, 02:46 AM
I think a nice group of us should rape my city of San Diego's resturants with our dangerous style of Cosplay. It would be fun.

Reno_kun
06-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Vicous arent ya

Rogue_Granger
07-09-2004, 02:04 AM
I would love to meet up with everyone (it would be cool to meet everyone in person....) I still don't even know which day I'm coming up....eithier wed or thursday night (stupid job)....but I'm cool to hang out whenever I do arrive ;) (and I'll most likely be draging friends along too)

BlueLady
07-09-2004, 02:02 PM
2 weeks away..should we set a day? Pat and oscars would be fun

jetspectacular
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
..what...?
no one's planning to go to TJ??
...c'mon people, you dont go to San Diego for a week just to go to San Diego..!

It'd be awesome to meet more people from Cosplay.com but SDCC is my homecon so i'm with all my school friends during this time and sadly, they're not too into cosplay. I'll probably hang around after the hall closes in the vid rooms but I'm not into the SD masqerade so i'm going to skip it. you guys have fun...! enjoy SD~!

Crazy Bunta
07-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Sana-Chan's Pat and Oscar's gathering had a great outcome last year. Hopefully she can plan another one. I know I met a few friends there at the dinner whom I wouldn't have met otherwise.

shagrath
07-12-2004, 10:39 AM
a gathering sounds really fun, but maybe we could do something for around lunch time? it's going 2b my 3rd year going by myself and it would kind of break the solitude.... if ne1 wants 2 spend an hour with me on sunday it would be fun to meet fellow cosplayers!

likephantoms
07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
are there going to be any gatherings or anything? me and my friend are going to be down there from oregon and we don't really know anything that is going on. it'd be fun to get together with some people and have dinner or watch some movies or something. my night certainly does not stop at 7!

Jack Kim
07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
With the exception of Thursday, I'm game for the rest of the weekend!
Pat and Oscars sounds nice, but where is it in the area, and is it in walking distance?

Reno_kun
07-14-2004, 02:54 AM
yea that sounds good. I have not etan out in a while now be nice.

KrzyaziaN
07-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Getting together sounds cool, but is it a must that we wear our costumes. I'm going as plastic megaman which is a little uncomfortable, and limited myself to only wearing it on Friday and Saterday for good reasons. Though I would still like to meet some other cosplayers again. This time as a fellow cosplayer, just not dressed up.
Last year I kind of cheated and just joined a group. I was known as "fanboy". But is anyone cool with that, that I meet everyone on thursday not wearing my costume?
Maybe we can still meet up again on another day when I will be dressed.

Now I know I write a lot, but one more thing. I'm just passing around that there should be a meeting on Sat ant noon at the viz booth near the sumo-wrestling mats. We can all get together again there, me wearing costume.

Eurobeat King
07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
I know the Star Wars fan-films will be showing after 7pm on Thursday, and my friend wanted me to go to that, because he said a group of fans will be doing a silly on-stage skit, where they re-enact the ENTIRE Star Wars Trilogy (ep.4-6) in 30 MINUTES!! :D That'd be interesting & fun to see, but I'm unsure if I'll be going to that or just relaxing after the exhibitors' hall closes after 7pm.

Not leaving SF until past 11pm, so I should be arriving into San Diego after 7am, and then dropping off my car at the hotel before walking over the convention center and looking for the pre-reg. line. I'll be ready by that time to take photos, so I look forward to see everyone who'll be in costume! :) And after 7pm-8pm, I'll return to my hotel and start u/l and posting pics if my gallery's up by then. Hopefully I can post ALL of Thursday's pics (200-???) before I sleep that night, so we'll just have to wait n' see..

Everyone, drive or fly safely, and I'll see you in the morning at SDCC! :skidude2:

Jack Kim
07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Wish I could be there from the beginning like I was for AX2004. Oh well, at least I have the rest of the weekend!
Any solid plans for the get together yet? The popular meeting place seems to be the nearby Pat&Oscars (where is that again, and is it in walking distance?), but on what nights and times? Sounds like fun and hope to see you all there as well.
Anyway, hope to see you all there!