PDA

View Full Version : Summer Gathering: Poll and discussion version

quadrain61
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey everyone, looks like this event is ready and set. So lets get the details together and go!

Saturday, August 7th, 2004. 11AM - 3PM.
At The Battlezone (http://www.playlasertag.net/)
8311 Creedmoor Rd; Raleigh, NC 27613-1384 (Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=8311+Creedmoor+Rd&city=Raleigh&state=NC&zipcode=27613-1384&search=++Search++))
(919)-847-GAME ((919)-847-4263)

Climate: Indoors, Air Conditioning
Food: Concession stand, Wendys, Food Lion, McDonalds short walk away
- Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix, 3 songs for $0.50 & Lazer Tag
- *small* arcade area
Pictures: outdoor covered sidewalk (could be most useful for taking pictures)
-small- inside bench area (could be used but most likely too crowded<br>
if its not being used, we could possibly take pictures inside in the guest-party area.

and finally COSPLAY
Cosplay whatever, but cosplay if you can :) I suppose.
Battle Royal would be a fun costume for an event like this. But theres no group cosplay or something for this event set. So enjoy yourselves.
That being said, wear something you can move in, and that would be light, so when your running around you won't overheat. And this is a family enviornment, so wearing too little can get you kicked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry about creating this new version but the sticky got a little confusing for me and maybe for others.

Read the sticky and below for more information

Summer gathering thread sticky: post #1 (Battlezone), post #12 (Picnic)

Battlezone (North Raleigh): Indoors, laser tag, cosplay light, small place for cosplay and photoshoot, and if we have enough people we can rent out the place for a price

Picnic (Downtown Raleigh Pullen Park): Outdoors, picnic (food), possible photoshoot areas, we can rent a shelter for a couple of hours for $8 /hr min of 2 hrs. (I may have to reserve 1-2 weeks ahead). Possible chance of rain but it's TOO early to know.

For the dates: We can have it on August 7th (weekend before school starts) or that's it I think. Possibly the weekend after shool starts but maybe that's too much to ask. The July 10th looks too early for plans. July 24th is the weekend before Otakona and people are going to be busy.

Link Arroway
06-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Battlezone:
Climate: Indoors, Air Conditioning
Food: Concession stand, Wendys, Food Lion, McDonalds short walk away
Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix, 3 songs for $0.50
Lazer Tag
*small* arcade area
Pictures: outdoor covered sidewalk (could be most useful for taking pictures)
-small- inside bench area (could be used but most likely too crowded
if its not being used, we could possibly take pictures inside in the guest-party area.
Could be rented out, but more expensive. Especially on a Saturday. I could check to see how much it would cost for just 1 hour to have the place to ourselves, then they open up after an hour so we'll have less of a crowd for sometime.

Pullen Park:
Climate: Outdoors, possible rain or extreme heat.
Food: Concession stand, 2 Grills
Merry Go Round, Pattle Boats, and a baby train for riding :P
Pictures: a nice hill, bridge, and lakeside shady area, all crowd free
As quadrain conviently found, can be rented cheeply for $16+ see his post for details.

Cosplay:
at both places you'll be running around a lot, especially if you play lazer tag or DDR, or if you are outside in a lot of heat and sun, you'll want to cosplay something light probably and mostly weather proof. we can't be held responsible for the weather or splashes that may occur while paddle boating. :|

Dates:
August 7th, 2004:
-Closer, but still quite hot outside, not good for a picnic, but indoor places wouldn't matter.
-Busy time period, jobs, returning to school, and cons! May hinder cosplay work, more relaxed cosplay
September:
By then it should have cooled off more.. when does Fall start? It'd be a lot better for a pinic then.

If we did Battlezone, we should still have a Picnic later this fall or sometime.
As much as I want to do a picnic, Battlezone gets my vote because I'd like to have a more organized (we'd be able to get it organized easier since we're a bit more active from this? :D) big picnic event when its cool enough to enjoy it.

KawaiiEdea
07-01-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah..I'm starting to think an air-conditioned place would be better during the summer. But it seems that cosplaying at either of these places would be a little risky-don't want to get your costume all sweaty! I'm voting for the arcade just for the fact that the park would be hot. If we're having a picnic get together in the fall ,I thought it would be cool to go to duke gardens again..kind of like a yearly CCR event. :x but that's just me.

Ookami05
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Is there any way i could get the addresses of these places? I would actually vote for the one that would be closer to Winston, since the drive to Raleigh is pretty long. :/

GreatSG
07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Laser tag sounds like a lot of fun, and being dressed as Zenigata for that would just be a riot! XD

I hope to go, cause then I'll be able to hopefully bring Avanon, Cookie, and Kilayi along for the ride, make commuting from Hickory to Raleigh much more plesant.

Inamichan
07-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I guess if we're doing the arcade (which it looks like we are right now), I'll take my Mireille costume. :) Like I think I said before, I won't be able to do anything later on, like a picnic meeting...I'll be in Baltimore. :(

And, I agree with Ookami, whichever is closer to Winston is better. xD

Link Arroway
07-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Looks like it, so lets get things finalized!

The Battlezone: http://www.playlasertag.net/
8311 Creedmoor Rd; Raleigh, NC 27613-1384 (Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=8311+Creedmoor+Rd&city=Raleigh&state=NC&zipcode=27613-1384&search=++Search++))
Hours: Tues - Thurs 4pm-9pm; Fri 4pm-12am; Sat 10am-12am; Sun 12pm 9pm
(919)-847-GAME ((919)-847-4263)

I'll post a listing of machines (I know they don't have Initial D, and they do have DDR 8th Mix) Quadrain took some pictures of the place. And I'll get some price information on stuff.

How is Saturday, August 7th for the date? Starting at like 11am?

quadrain61
07-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Alright sorry about not taking as many pictures because I got off and work and drove all over north Raleigh and was tired, so was Link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~antidisestablishmentarianism61/

Link Arroway
07-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Alright sorry about not taking as many pictures because I got off and work and drove all over north Raleigh and was tired, so was Link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~antidisestablishmentarianism61/

It doesnt matter that much :P Thanks for helping out. We don't even -really need- pictures. It's just nice. Whooo, drivin all over is so fun x_x

Kilayi
07-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Laser tag sounds like a lot of fun, and being dressed as Zenigata for that would just be a riot! XD

I hope to go, cause then I'll be able to hopefully bring Avanon, Cookie, and Kilayi along for the ride, make commuting from Hickory to Raleigh much more plesant.
hmmmm.... I was wondering just how long of a commute you will be making dear? XD It's gonna be long from here O.o

EDIT: I was wondering, just what time would we "end" this event? My mom needs to know before I can go >.>

Lovelyangel_81
07-03-2004, 10:33 AM
How is Saturday, August 7th for the date? Starting at like 11am?

That sound good to me. Hopefully, by then I can able to get an ride there. ^^;;

Link Arroway
07-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I was wondering, just what time would we "end" this event? My mom needs to know before I can go >.>

What time does everyone want to wrap up at? Say 3-4pm?

Lovelyangel_81
07-03-2004, 07:39 PM
3pm sound good to me. ^^

Farmboybob
07-03-2004, 11:44 PM
I work August 7th :(

Link Arroway
07-04-2004, 01:17 AM
I work August 7th :(
Unwork August 7th! You still have a month :D

Farmboybob
07-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Well, since it seems you're not planning on starting the thing till 11AM, I'll see if I can work that mourning insted of the afternoon.

Terumi
07-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Ok, so Saturday, August 7th - 11am -3 pm Battle Zone Lazer Tag? And we all plan to cosplay??? :love: I wanna go now LOL This will actually get my spirits up since it's right before school ^^

Kilayi
07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
dunno if I can cosplay O_o...
I don't want to run around an arcade in a nurse outfit or as a chocobo unless I find some shorts XD

Link Arroway
07-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Okay.
Since this is a lazer tag / arcade. Wear something you can play games and lazer tag in. and remember, this is not a park where we'll encounter less people, but regardless public is an all ages enviornment and you should dress somewhat accordingly.
No one is responsible if someone gets kicked out because they do not have enough clothing on.

Link Arroway
07-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Okay, the event is set, and the announcement has been made, check here (http://forums.cosplay.com/announcement.php?f=70) for the details and let me know if I left anything out.

Kilayi
07-11-2004, 12:37 AM
erm...
I looked all over the site and didn't see how much it was to play lazertag, and how long one game is... I need to know how much monies I shall bring O_o
I guess Naota is a good enogh costume again =P no skirt for me
(sorry for asking so many questions ^^;; )

quadrain61
07-11-2004, 08:21 AM
^: We'll try to get more information soon :waaaah:

Link Arroway
07-11-2004, 10:23 AM
oh, almost forgot, but still on it.. the pricing info's will be available within a few days

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-12-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm going to so try and make this...meaning I'LL need a hotel proabably...yep...lol. Are there any in the area...and is it all right for me to like...come late since i'm coming kind of far...And if i DO make it...I'll be dressed as NiNa from DDR :)

Rei2Rei
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
So..Is there just going to be the lazer tag? Or is there going to be a picnic later?

I need to sit down and read this whole thread. -_-

quadrain61
07-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Lazer tag August 7th more information on the first pages (it has been edited)

Link Arroway
07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
So..Is there just going to be the lazer tag? Or is there going to be a picnic later?

I need to sit down and read this whole thread. -_-

It's going to be at this arcade the whole time, where we can take pictures and stuff outside, or play lazer tag or ddr, or a few other games inside.

Elaborate cosplays and such should wait until the picnic event later this fall where you can show them off better I suppose, as long as they are grass proof :D

I'll look up some area hotels and check them out, I could drive down there and see if there are any like right nearby, or I'll look online and see whats closest. Anyways, I can look indepth the day after tommarow hopefully when if my car doesnt take more than a day at the shop.

Pricing info still coming soon ^-^;

Terumi
08-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Just wondering, but is anyone else doing a battle Royal costume this Saturday? Can't wait ^^ Hugs to ya all!

Lady Karmina
08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Aye! This will be the day after my birthday ^_^. I was supposed to do a birthday-outing thing with my dad (who I don't live with), but I can see if he'd rather go there so I can hang out with you people.
I won't be able to cosplay though.. don't have a good costume for that. I'll probably just go in my funky black pants and a hello-kitty-in-a-kimono black shirt.
Just so y'all know who the heck I am *shifts eyes*

Kytri
08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm probably going to be wearing my Asuka dress.
I'll be bringing my friend Erin with me, she may or may not be cosplaying.

Kilayi
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm prolly going to wear my Naota shirt with my favorite capris... as guy's shorts rub against my legs, and makes it uncomfortable after a few hours :/

Goddess Cookie
08-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Hai Hai to all! I am back from the beach! About the lazertag...I prolly won't get to play it but I'z commin! hehe...

GreatSG
08-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Hai Hai to all! I am back from the beach! About the lazertag...I prolly won't get to play it but I'z commin! hehe...

Sabi! Welcome back. I'm definitely gonna be there this weekend, but should I be Dr. Hentai or Zenigata? Tough choice.

Kilayi
08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Zenigata, as your nurses aren't going to accompany you :P

But we can be the easy-to-find team, with the doctor! :D

KawaiiEdea
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I'll be there just as my normal self..lol See you guys tomorrow! :D

Terumi
08-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Hey Guys!!! Just wanted to say I had a wonderful time hanging out and having fun (Frightening the Birthday Party group...) It was great too see you all again and meet new people ^^ I can't wait to start talking about the next get together! God Bless!

PS: Just in case, I was K.C/ Digi - Battle Royal costume

Farmboybob
08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Glad yall had fun.

I was planning on going with quad, but as luck would have it, I caught a summer cold and decided to sleep in till about 3PM.

I see ya next time.

Inamichan
08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Hey guys...sorry that Ookami and I missed the gathering. Thing is, it's about 2 hours away and he had back-to-school stuff to do, and since it was only a lasertag/ddr thing that I wasn't too thrilled about, we decided not to go. :\

Anyways, since I'm going to Baltimore for college, I'll probably end up missing whatever meetings you guys have planned coming up. See you next summer, though.

RHIshida
08-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Sorry my +5 Jacket of Lasertag Pwnxor and I missed the event. I completely forgot about it. This is why from now on, I am going to check the forums every day so I don't forget about stuff.

GreatSG
08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
SG here, I was the loser in the Ichi the Killer shirt, Had a lot of fun, you guys should ahve stayed around, The crew from Asheboro and myself, along with Prof. Farnsworth all crashed at Avanon's house. We watched J-rock videos and laughed are asses off at the live videos of Gackt I brought. Twas a lot of fun.

Kilayi
08-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Yes yes, the Gackt cat dancing was interesting... O_o

But all of you peoples ran off and left Me, Prof Farnsworth, Avanon while we were in another game of Lazertag without saying bye :/
I was the dork who couldn't find her Naota shirt to wear, so instead found a Eeyore one, and went to buy Twizzlers

Lovelyangel_81
08-11-2004, 12:07 PM
I am sorry. I wasn't able to make to battlezone. I was pretty bum out about it. I guess I will see you guys at the next/future events. ^^;;

Rei2Rei
08-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I wasn't able to come also. :( Hopefully we'll have another get-together this year!

Asjova
08-13-2004, 05:05 PM
heh half the people left by the time i got there. but then lots of children showed up to make excelent cannon fodder. it was a grand ol time

Prof Farnsworth
08-19-2004, 04:10 AM
Oh man, that was fun. I'm glad that I got a two hour band, cause I played almost every round. I hope the next event is as fun ^^ But the next time I play lazertag, I'm wearing my soccer shirt cause the one I had was not helping me cool off at all. ^^' BTW, who else wasn't prepared for the blacklights and wore white or light clothing? I don't think it was a big deal, but I didn't like the way my pants were screaming "Here I am! Shoot above the legs!" lol Oh well, I had a great time. :dance:

Terumi
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
^^' BTW, who else wasn't prepared for the blacklights and wore white or light clothing? I don't think it was a big deal, but I didn't like the way my pants were screaming "Here I am! Shoot above the legs!" lol Oh well, I had a great time. :dance:

Haha, me either!! The trimming below my skirt, my socks, and my shirt were all glowing! XD Only my tie and the tan skirt itself didn't glow ._.; I've still got a rug burn on my knee from crouching and firing so much LOL But I don't mind, I show it off for a battle scar LOL (Yes!! It does count! Mwahaha!!)

Goddess Cookie
08-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I didn't play and in some ways I'm glad I didn't mai friends were in pain for days...hehehe...I had fun and can't wait till the next meeting!