PDA

View Full Version : Question about black lipstick

Miyavi
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
What can I do if I can't wear black lipstick for a Jrock person who I'm cosplaying as.I live with my grandmother and black lipstick is a NO NO! Hehe but black nails and eyes are okay haha.What can i do?The people are Miyavi and mana...

zephy
06-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Is there no possibility that you can wear it outside of your house? I dont mean to imply you should be going behind your grandmother's back, but it would simplify things. If you absolutely cannot wear black lipstick (or buy it, if that is your issue), I've found that if you dont mind risking smudging it, black eyeliner actually works. I used black eyeliner on my lips when I lost my black lipstick last halloween. It also works well for lining your lips even when you DO use lipstick

nekhochan
06-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I second the idea about using eyeliner. it has a really good wear, too!

Miyavi
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Well I have the lipstick it is my twin brother's I will just wear it *feels sneaky*Hehe

Miyabi-
06-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Hee hee...I've always found that actually asking permission usually works. Parental figures are usually impressed that you actually asked. You could try the bargaining tactic too:swear up and down that you'll wash it off as soon as the con is over and you'll never do it in public again...etc. etc. (It doesn't matter if you're telling the truth on this one...parental figures forget little things like this! ha ha!)
If all else fails, puppy eyes, pleading and a good sniffle couldn't hurt! ~_^

Miyavi
06-28-2004, 09:19 PM
She thinks its so called "EVIL"

xiaolong
06-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Is there no possibility that you can wear it outside of your house? I dont mean to imply you should be going behind your grandmother's back, but it would simplify things.

Yeah, I would just recommend putting it on once you're at the con itself. That's what I'm planning to do with my makeup, esp since I have a long drive. If the issue is buying it, could you possibly ask a friend to get it for you? Lipstick would be easy enough to hide.

Senko-chan
06-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, this may be sneaky, but it's not like I've never done this before. Go to a drug store or dollar store with a friend and just buy it then hide it then when you go just apply it. Or if you one your friends owns black lipstick you can ask to borrow it, but I dont want to get you in trouble...so you can do that...or just ask if you can wear it only for the con.

Eleryth
06-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Wait - Your BROTHER is allowed to own black lipstick, but YOU can't? What's up with that? I can't tell if you're a boy or a girl (and I didn't see anything in your profile), but either way, there's issues in the house if one is allowed and the other isn't. Unless he keeps his hidden from your Grandmother, or doesn't live with you, I guess (since you didn't say). *confuzzled*

Otherwise, I say wear it only at the convention, even if you're planning on dressing up at home, first. It's not hard to pack a small bag for those extras.

Juu-Sama
06-29-2004, 06:22 PM
What can I do if I can't wear black lipstick for a Jrock person who I'm cosplaying as.I live with my grandmother and black lipstick is a NO NO! Hehe but black nails and eyes are okay haha.What can i do?The people are Miyavi and mana...

being sneaky seems like it...well, at least you have access to black lipsticks...My mom, while allowing black lipsticks, won't let me use the clown white foundation/makeup which is essential for Jrockers....lukily my skin colour is rather pale (considering I'm an asian...)

Juu-sama^_^

Miyavi
06-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Wait - Your BROTHER is allowed to own black lipstick, but YOU can't? What's up with that? I can't tell if you're a boy or a girl (and I didn't see anything in your profile), but either way, there's issues in the house if one is allowed and the other isn't. Unless he keeps his hidden from your Grandmother, or doesn't live with you, I guess (since you didn't say). *confuzzled*

Otherwise, I say wear it only at the convention, even if you're planning on dressing up at home, first. It's not hard to pack a small bag for those extras.
Yep he can have it hes my twin brother and i live with my dad

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-29-2004, 10:35 PM
What I would do if you take the sneaky route is put it on when you get there and bring makeup remover with you because it can be pretty tough to get black lipstick off. I know from the time I wore it at school... Yeah, I know how the whole sneakiness thing goes.

Asking permission is a good thing, but if it goes wrong, then it's harder to go the sneaky route afterwards because she'll know that you were thinking about doing it. If you don't ask and you keep it a secret, she won't even suspect. But then if you don't actually keep it a secret you're sunk... so like I said, carry makeup remover with you.

procrastinator
06-30-2004, 12:19 AM
You could find a deep, dark blood red lipstick that would still look very J-rock-ish without being black.

StrngenessDSS
06-30-2004, 01:36 AM
yah, the deep red sounds like a good idea, but also how about otehr dark colored lipstickes like a nice dark dark purpley one? Cause i mean, u can always aruge that its not balck and therefore not evil. Ur grandma sounds like my mom, at least ur allowed to coplay =/ my entire cosplay is sneaky coplay. Good Luck =)

pink_killer
07-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Iiii have a little trick that might help, I think. I learned this off of Dir en grey. Use eyeshadow. Sometimes if I don't want to wear black because it's too dark and my skin is really light..kinda creeps people out and my grandmother (Whom I live with) doesn't really like it. Depending on how much you put on you can regulate the strength. I've seen Kaoru with a few Filth images with him having smears on his lips and near his eyes - I sort of figured it's all eyeshadow. So you could try that. It works for me, but it all depends. If not then Mana used dark blue and Miyavi..Er, wear lip gloss? I don't recall him wearing any lipstick of recent..unless you're doing a Dué le Quartz Miyavi cosplay.

Miyavi
07-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Dué le Quartz Miyavi and I like that idea

pink_killer
07-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Woo, someone else up late like I am! Yeah I think Miyavi did a much more feminine approach in Dué le Quartz, though this means costumes are harder. You could try to do..Mm..How about Rodeo? That outfit was great and now that I really think about it, he didn't wear that much makeup. And I don't think he needed it. When he was younger (Which meant in DlQ he was 18 when first joined) he seemed to have puffy cheeks or something, unless that was just in the Manjin Karame concert XD I thought he was oh so adorable!

He seldomly uses lipstick, I think, because of his lipring since that does the job of making his lips stand out (Think of Kyo..Gah do I always relate everything to Diru?! But anyway, Kyo has many piercings and a lot of Diru doesn't do lipstick anymore). But I saw in one outfit that looked like a denim dress, he wore purple lipstick and had heavier to match eye shadow with a little blue and purple mix..But I think he was wearing fake eye lashes..However, I think that would make a cute costume to try. Simple and yet stylish and the hair looks fun!