PDA

View Full Version : Question about eyeliner

Miyavi
06-28-2004, 01:59 PM
What is the best kind of eye liner to use?My eyes are odd shaped not like white peoples or like Japanese people.They are like miyavi's.So please a little help?(I'm partly Asain....)Most Eyeliner is hard to use on my eyes it is like useing a school pencile on my eyes.

inertia
06-28-2004, 11:47 PM
I use a few different kinds of eyeliners. Kohl for soft/faint smudgy lines. Liquid for dark crisp lines. Gel/semi-solid for something in between. I have NO luck with pencils for dark/sharp lines, though -- it's just like you said, like trying to use a school pencil. Is there some trick to using them that I don't know about either?

Miyavi
06-28-2004, 11:50 PM
There must be one that they are not telling us....Thanks I will look at some of them.My eyes are like big kinda ovel shaped and i got pencil in my eyes it burned like hell!

archangeli
06-29-2004, 12:38 AM
do an eyeliner search in this forum.. there was a long discussion about liquid eyeliners and how to use them

personally (being asian) i LOVE the gel eyeliners by Bobbi Brown. They come in a pot and you have to apply them with a brush. you get a very fine line that is right up against your lash line. there is no comparison.

while i love using Revlon's ColorStay liner for that "goth black eyeliner" look, i also recommend looking into MAC Power Point eyeliners. They are a gel-like formula in a pencil that doesn't feel like "a school pencil dragging across your eyelid" - these glide and last all day. I believe Cover Girl makes something similar but i forget the name of the product.

Hotaru Tomoe
06-29-2004, 01:04 AM
I must be lucky.. I have a black eye liner pencil that works rather well... though I use it on the inside of my eye, umm... instead of under the lash line, above it closer to my eye. I'm always having to reaply it though because it just won't stay, though it highlights my eyes much better that way I think.

Black is the ONLY pencil color I can get to work though, the rest, as have been said, are like trying to use a regular pencil. x_x

procrastinator
06-29-2004, 01:05 AM
I believe Cover Girl makes something similar but i forget the name of the product.You might be talking about CG Smoothers, which i swear by. The line is kind of messy unless you are very very careful, but it stays a long time, and goes on very comfortably. It's great for smoky effects...

Miyabi-
06-29-2004, 10:07 AM
I know what you mean about eyeliners burning your eyes. I wear contacts so I have to be careful about what kind of eye make-up I use. Clinique makes nice allergy tested eye liners in a variety of textures that are really nice too. They're kinda expensive ($12.50) but they go on smooth and stay on well. And you can try it on at the Clinique counter usually to make sure you like it too!