PDA

View Full Version : MegaCon 03

psythe
12-01-2002, 06:18 PM
It came up in another post, so I thought I'd start one here and see who all from this board is going to go to MegaCon 03 here in Orlando? And what costumes will you be doing?

^^v

yuffieleonheart
12-01-2002, 08:06 PM
me! i'll be yuffie from kingdom hearts and yuna from ffx-2

PretearWink
12-01-2002, 08:40 PM
I'm gonna by 'King Chii' from Chobits...yes, I know. Not another Chii. But....she's SO cute! *_*

And "dark" Riku from Kingdom Hearts^_^ My keyblade....so cool.....

Those are new, but I might break out an oldie for no reason while there...most likely Tifa^_^ Or Quistis! I've never gotten more glompies then when I've been Quistis^_^

psythe
12-01-2002, 08:46 PM
I'll have Chloe from Noir and possibly Reno from FF7, no way in hell is Ramsus from Xenogears gonna be done by then

PretearWink
12-01-2002, 09:19 PM
A Reno *_*

Prepare for glompage XD

Ramsus is hella cool, by the way^_^ I'd love to see that...there isn't a lot of Xenogears cosplay now that I think about it....

psythe
12-02-2002, 07:59 AM
*braces for glompage*
hehe, Reno is awesome, I want to get a picture perfect wig for it.

I am shooting for AX'03 for Ramsus but Ramsus will be at AFO'03. Go to photos section and type in xenogears to see a few pics of people doing Xeno cosplay.

makio
12-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Did any of you attend Megacon'02? If so, where did you park? I know the Orange County Convention Center is an enormous place. It was like a monsoon that day and I (stupidly) paid for parking near a hotel, only to find out there was no parking available. So I ended up parking over by a four-level garage about two blocks away, since they weren't charging for it.

Here's to hoping 2003 will have a better parking situation since they've added so much to the OCCC area this autumn! :thumbsup:

yuffieleonheart
12-04-2002, 07:34 PM
that sucks about the parking-_- hopefully this year will be better^_^so i really got to start working on my costumes lol or i'll never finish both in time for megacon. by the way when is anime fest orlando this year ? cuz i wanna see if i can go i have a lot of cons and i am going to otakon which is gonna cost a bit so hopefully i'll have saved enough money for afo^_^~

Maryssa
12-04-2002, 10:02 PM
I'll be there with my homegirls ^_^ you wont be able to miss us

makio
12-05-2002, 12:14 PM
Yeah. I think I'm going to be a bit 'smarter' this time around and scout the area since I know they've made so many changes to the International Drive area.

Tentative Megacon2003 Costumes:
Friday - Davis (Digimon Series2) or Vivi (FF9). I might not have Vivi revised in time for the event.
Saturday - Juste Belmont. Security wasn't too bad to deal with this year, so I don't think they'll give me a hard time about having a coiled bullwhip.
:devil:

Sunde & Schuld
12-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Hopefully it won't Rain this year :(

I'm going to be doing my Patamon costume [digimon], Noriko's concert outfit [Gravitation] and then my OAV Schuldig costume *__* [Weiss Kreuz]

yuffieleonheart
12-19-2002, 04:11 PM
you guys going to anyother cons in florida?

psythe
12-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Sunde & Schuld
Hopefully it won't Rain this year :(

I'm going to be doing my Patamon costume [digimon], Noriko's concert outfit [Gravitation] and then my OAV Schuldig costume *__* [Weiss Kreuz]

Not only was it raining....it was kind of cold as well....

I went to the Convention Center for a car show recently and the place just keeps getting larger O_o;; Hope they finish before MegaCon cause construction is blocking some of the parking ^^

psythe
12-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by yuffieleonheart
you guys going to anyother cons in florida?

Jacon and AFO possibly. :bigtu:

yuffieleonheart
12-19-2002, 08:24 PM
yay so am i ^_^

XxNANA_AYUxX
12-23-2002, 04:17 PM
I might be doing Kitty pryde on friday.. then maybe Ayumi Hamasaki or Sango either saturday or sunday.. ANyone have a Bomarang i can barrow fir sango? i'm uber lazy to make it... or can make me one? i'll pay ya.....

Arisa
12-23-2002, 07:46 PM
When is this?! O.O Anyone got a website I could go to?

yuffieleonheart
12-23-2002, 08:17 PM
http://www.megaconvention.com
the 28th through the 2nd

Arisa
12-23-2002, 08:32 PM
O.O So soon! TOO soon!

Mappy
01-07-2003, 10:45 PM
I'll be going!

found a hotel about 2 miles from the convention center that didn't know about the con, so the price wasn't jacked up. $70.00 a night! can't beat that!

DigitalShin
01-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Yeah I'm in as well. Only Sat and Sunday though. Any costume is still questionable. :drink:

Insane_Usagi
01-12-2003, 02:42 PM
I want to be Kohaku... Thats If I go though...^.^

yuffieleonheart
01-12-2003, 03:10 PM
yay more people^^

makio
01-12-2003, 11:39 PM
I drove by the Convention Center today after the Disney Marathon... I swear the place has to be nearly twice as large as it was last February. I'll definitely have to drive around there the week before to make sure I know where to park so I don't get friggin' gyped into the shoddy parking areas they had last year...

Sunde & Schuld
01-13-2003, 02:32 AM
My girlfriend and I will be there selling our custom plushies! [anime, manga, j-rock, game, sci-fi..etc.. you name it, we can make it] but I'm thinking of skipping out on the anime costume contest and entering the megacon costume contest with my Queen Amidala costume that I'm making [it's the really pretty silver kimono in Episode One]

PretearWink
01-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Custom made plushies? O.O *starts saving money*

yuffieleonheart
01-13-2003, 03:19 PM
could u make a squall plushie? (looks hopefull)

katrinastrife
01-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I always go! It's my not-so-hometown con! It was my first, anyway ^_^;;

I'll be there... I wanna do Chelsea from Tokyo Underground, and finish up my Hikaru (MKR) costume, too... But I don't wanna wear it without a wig... X___X That, and maybe Feena from Grandia, though I might be saving it for later...

AND I got dragged into doing costumes for the school play... "once upon a matress" (princess and the pea spinoff). Well, hey, I'll get practice for making my costumes, anyway ^_^;;

Don't Mind the rambling. I'll be at every con I can get to--MegaCon, AnimeExpress6 (?) in Daytona, Jacon and AFO4 for sure! ^_^;; I'll keep an eye out for everyone!

yuffieleonheart
01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
same here katrina^^ (i'll be hitting those cons too)

psythe
01-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
I drove by the Convention Center today after the Disney Marathon... I swear the place has to be nearly twice as large as it was last February. I'll definitely have to drive around there the week before to make sure I know where to park so I don't get friggin' gyped into the shoddy parking areas they had last year...

No Lie! It's monstrous now. Around back isn't very pretty as far as parking goes, it's still a mess, or at least it was a mess back in november when I was there.

Sunde & Schuld
01-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by yuffieleonheart
could u make a squall plushie? (looks hopefull)

Yep! So far, we've made a Sephiroth and a Leguna from the Final Fantasy series. We plan to have a lot of the FF characters done because we're sure they will sell as well as some Star Wars and LotR charries... and ofcourse a bunch of Gravi and Weiss and others ^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-14-2003, 04:00 PM
must.... buy ..... squall plushie.... @.@

PretearWink
01-14-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm gonna go bankrupt...soo many I want o.O How much are they each?^_^

Sunde & Schuld
01-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Our standard size, which is 15" are 25.00 and that comes with one removable outfit. Additional outfits are 5.00 each. If you want a larger size one, the next sizes up are 26" - 40.00 and 36" - 50.00. We can make just about anyone and have made over 40 different characters! If you'd like to see a picture of one of our 36" plushies, you can click on the link below.

http://www.risingsun.net/kyuuji/06/source/cs9-0740.shtml

Feel free to email me or PM me for more details!

Maryssa
01-15-2003, 03:43 AM
oh my gosh... how adorable.... if i have extra money i just might have to commission =)

Arisa
01-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Katrina: Hikaru? o.o I'm doing Fuu! Yaaay! I likely won't be at Megacon, though. ._. Probably only Jacon.

makio
01-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Just wondering...is anyone going all three days?

It doesn't look like it'll rain this year (or at least, the signs aren't there); so I just might do that instead of only attending on Saturday.

PretearWink
01-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I'll be there all three days^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-26-2003, 04:56 PM
i am going all three days^^

makio
01-27-2003, 04:06 AM
Ah, okay. Just as an early 'FYI', there's talk of going out that Saturday night to eat and then Citywalk or possible XS-Orlando area. This isn't any "official" event, and more than likely it'll just be a couple FL cosplayers from Megacon going out for after-event fun; sort of like how everyone went out to eat after last year's JACO Halloween costume party.

I'd personally recommend not going in costume. This is a theme park afterall, and I wouldn't recommend bringing "props" or certain costumes, even if would be funny to see Sailor Moon hanging out in front of the Bob Marley restaurant or Spike Spiegel in front of CityJazz. Actually, that Spike idea isn't half bad...
:devil:

If we end up going to XS, it'll probably be for DDR and other arcade games while Citywalk would just be random clubbing and Margaritaville. Yes, some clubs you have to be 18 or 21+ for... but you are allowed to go to the movie theatre there or just the Citywalk dining/party areas too. Lots of fun; more info' to come as Megacon approaches. Need info? Go here:

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/citywalk

yuffieleonheart
02-02-2003, 07:39 PM
that does sound like a lot of fun makio

Arisa
02-02-2003, 09:48 PM
**plans on being there Saturday and Sunday, unless her dad changes his mind about Friday (or going more than one day at all) or if she gets lousy grades**

makio
02-03-2003, 12:39 AM
I was informed they're having some kind of 'Cyberia' dance party or something on Saturday; but we still might go out to eat or to Universal Studios on Friday or Saturday night. If you see me there (which shouldn't be very hard to spot), just ask. :)

I'll post what costumes I'm wearing the week before so it'll make it easier to find me.

Sunde & Schuld
02-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Cyberia is never as good as it...could be. A bunch of people [mostly kids] acting like they are rolling and playing with glow sticks in a hotel room banquet hall. That is the general feel of it anyway...

*shrugs* That's my opinion from past experiences.

yuffieleonheart
02-03-2003, 12:16 PM
yea.. orange anime is going out on friday to do some stuff to so i dunno what i'll do, i am kinda confused.. at what time does megacon end on each day?

rogue
02-03-2003, 03:25 PM
My husband and I are going to be at Megacon this year. We just happened to plan our Disney vacation the same week as the con.

We're going to be Ayame and Mine from Fruits Basket. We're only going on Saturday. We've never been to a Megacon before. We hope it'll be fun.

Sunde & Schuld
02-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Megacon, in essence is a big Dealer's room. That closes at about 6-ish. You can actually attend all the anime sushi and Jaco stuff and really not pay, because you only need your passes to get into the dealer's room.....

There's not much to do at Megacon, for those that have never gone before.
Remember it's a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, RPG. then anime convention.

makio
02-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah, if it's anything like last year...the convention was pretty much shaped like an upside down 'T', with the Anime/Videogame/J-rock stuff to the immediate right, food court to the left, and the big dealers room and gaming area in the middle. I don't know how long the anime stuff stayed open compared to the "early closing Dealers' room" since I didn't stay long last year on Saturday due to rain.

The second story (though I'm told they've added on) had celebrity chats. I remember the Kevin Smith (of "Silent Bob" fame) one being too crowded...so I just caught up with him and even Al Snow from WWE in the line for signatures. :) Very cool guys.

Anyway, if I'm not dead tired from work... I'll probably go all three days. Friday, I should be there as Shingo Yabuki(KOF)... Saturday is still a toss up, and if I decide to go Sunday; it might not be in costume.

makio
02-06-2003, 12:02 AM
Slight update to the last post.

Saturday, I'm trying to get Guilty GearXX cosplay going if anyone wants to participate. Here's who we have thus far:
Ky Kiske, Sol Badguy, Axl Low, Johnny(unconfirmed), Slayer(unconfirmed).

Sunde & Schuld
02-06-2003, 12:34 AM
OO!!!!!

And I was going to do Dizzy from GGX!!!!!

gah....I thought no one else would [I made a post about it in the other forum] so I decided to put the costume on hold, but I have all the materials still....hmm... * ponders* should I make it?

makio
02-06-2003, 02:20 AM
You did? I didn't see the post, sorry... :(

... go for it though! I'm still trying to contact the person who marked down being 'Johnny'. Now that I think about it, Professor Tomoe(the guy who runs CosplayLab.com) has a daughter that cosplayed a DEAD-ON May. I should ask if they'd do it again! :) For anyone even vaguely interested, feel free to join up or ask about it. It'd be great to get a decent sized cast!

Sunde & Schuld
02-06-2003, 12:21 PM
*nodnod* Ellissa's a really adorable little girl! ^_^ Her May was perfect. I'll try to start working on it, if I get it done, I'll let you guys know ^_^

makio
02-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Alright. :) Keep me informed!

Sunde & Schuld
02-10-2003, 02:41 AM
For those interested when I mentioned I made plushies, I posted a few pictures in my cosplay gallery. [user name: Schuldig]

I hope this link works: [it's to my Sephiroth plushie]

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22001

There are a few other examples [ Wolfwood, Inuyasha, and various Weiß charries ]

makio
02-10-2003, 05:07 AM
Tres'bien!! The picture is good enough to see the detail. Again, Nice work!

Two questions...
1) Do you have a complete list of those you've made/will make?
2) Do you take plushie requests? :crylaugh:

psythe
02-10-2003, 08:22 AM
ARGH much to late for me to do any GGXX cosplay. *kicks desk*

Maybe Jacon... :\

PretearWink
02-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Another Dizzy cosplayer! I also put Dizzy on hold to make Morgan for my little sister's Belldandy...I can't get it done in time now..I wanna make those wings so perfect @.@

Sunde & Schuld
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
Tres'bien!! The picture is good enough to see the detail. Again, Nice work!

Two questions...
1) Do you have a complete list of those you've made/will make?
2) Do you take plushie requests? :crylaugh:

Yes! We always take requests! ^_^ And we'll make anyone!

We've made over 40+ plushies......

Everyone from Weiss Kreuz and from Gravitation, Leguna, Sephiroth, Tidus, Yuna, Squall from the Final Fantasy games [the last three are currently in the works] Gackt and Kami from Malice Mizer, Kaoru of Dir En Grey, Xellos and Zelgadis of Slayers, Larva and Miyu from Vampire Princess Miyu, Wolfwood and Inuyasha...

we've got Wufei and Duo as well as a Sumomo and a few Chiis in the works and also an Obi Wan Kenobi and a possible Frodo. Basically we'll make just about anyone people ask us to make...

yuffieleonheart
02-10-2003, 04:15 PM
lol i want squall, tidus and yuna !! i already have the money reserved to buy them fromu ^o^

Sunde & Schuld
02-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Don't worry Yuffie, those three are saved for you! ^^

yuffieleonheart
02-10-2003, 06:14 PM
yays^^ i can't wait to get them

makio
02-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Awesome. I'd like to request any of the following -- Gilder(Skies of Arcadia), Jing(King of Bandit: Jing), Ky Kiske(Guilty Gear) or Grave(GunGrave) if possible. Just wondering, how much would it cost anyway? Or would that depend on who you'd make?

It's not that late to come up with a GuiltyGear costume in time for Megacon! :crylaugh: We've got a decent sized group planned thus far, but more is always merrier. Here's the updated list (Those based off CosplayLab are marked by asterisks):

Ky Kiske (myself)*
Sol Badguy (JNx)
Slayer (EV, unconfirmed)
Johnny (Shinjikun, unconfirmed)*
May (EllisaK6)*
Axl Low (Pineapple)
Faust(T, unconfirmed)*
Dizzy(Tsubaki, Shu-Chii, NexiousElf, all unconfirmed?)*

So many people have told me they might be going as Dizzy... all of which are of course, more than welcome to do so. However, we're still looking for Chipp, Anji, Baiken, Millia, and Bridget. If you need any help with a particular costume, I'd gladly provide it. Just IM or PM!

Sunde & Schuld
02-11-2003, 12:26 AM
The 15" plushies are only 25.00 and I can make them for ya, if you want. just PM me to let me know for sure Makio-kun.

Also, I start work on Dizzy tonight, the only disappointing thing is that the wings might not have the faces like I really want. It might just be two-toned white angel wings. Unless someone can suggest a good way to make the faces and wings? I work well with Sculpy don't worry!

Arisa
02-12-2003, 11:50 PM
If I work REALLY hard, I might go as Aerith on Saturday or Sunday... otherwise, I'm just going in my commissioned Fuu costume on both days. o.x

Just a little over two weeks away!

makio
02-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Time's really flying by. :drunk:

I still haven't finished constructing the prop sword for my costume yet... probably this incoming weekend, I'll do it. As for the Innocent/Vengeful Angel Wings for Dizzy; I should get a response back from a friend soon (no later than Sunday) on how to pull that off.

Sunde & Schuld
02-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I've got the Dizzy costume 75% finished! ^_^ All I need to do now is add the fine details [straps and buckles] and the wings. I'm going to start the tail tonight. I have left over snakeskin print from when I did my myaku Kaoru costume. ^^ I'm actually looking forward to the GGX group.

What day were you planning this Makio-kun?

yuffieleonheart
02-13-2003, 03:47 PM
my cotumes are almost done!! just some details left gotta finish yuna's shirt

makio
02-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the success with the Dizzy costume! It's a big challenge to complete, that's for sure! :) I'm still looking for extra belts and buckles myself!

The big GGXX Group/Gathering & Photosession will be Saturday, most likely meeting in a time range of 11am-2pm. I don't have my work schedule for that Saturday, so I might not arrive at the Orange County Convention Center until after 1:30PM when the bank (I work as a teller :P) closes that day. Fret not, I'll keep you informed!

Current Cast List:
Ky Kiske (myself)*
Sol Badguy (JNx)
May (EllisaK6)*
Axl Low (Pineapple)
Chipp Zanuff(MASC)
Dizzy (Sunde & Schuld: confirmed. Tsubaki/NexiousElf are still unconfirmed)*
Faust(T, unconfirmed)*
Slayer (EV, unconfirmed)
Johnny (Shinjikun, unconfirmed)*

...still looking for Anji Mito, Millia Rage, Faust, or even Jam Kuradoberi if anyone's interested! IM/PM/email for details.

Katsurina
02-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Kya! I know its late in the thread but I'll be going as Kagome Higurashi from Inu Yasha on Saturday.. and.. HI MAKIO! Remember me?

makio
02-13-2003, 09:31 PM
I do remember you! :) It'll be great to see you and hopefully everyone else from ACCExpo at Megacon. I'm making sure that take at least 250-340 pictures from Megacon this year. Besides, I owe you a couple anyway! If you see me before I see you, feel free to stop by and say hello!

Katsurina
02-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Kya~! I know June (Ranma-chan at ACC), Gizzy, and Chino (Harry Potter) are coming, we're bringing another friend along who'll be carrying the video camera and a cardboard tube. As I said I'll be Kagome from Inu Yasha, I'm even gonna try and bring along her big yellow Backpack!

Sunde & Schuld
02-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Makio-kun, do you know where I can find pictures of the back of dizzy's wings? To see the faces? ^^

Arisa
02-15-2003, 09:35 PM
I want plushies! ^_^ Unfortunately, I have, like, NO money... u.u

Sunde & Schuld
02-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Arisa- We take orders all the time, feel free to grab a flyer at Megacon and drop us an email when ever you want ^^

makio
02-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Check this site:
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/dizzy.html

Let me know if that helped or if you need more. :]

PretearWink
02-16-2003, 10:05 AM
I can't wait to see the Guilty Gear group! I'm gonna need tons of pics^_^ Megacon is only a few more days away! I can't wait to see everyone there^_^

yuffieleonheart
02-16-2003, 11:27 AM
same here^^

Sunde & Schuld
02-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Wow. Thanks a lot! ^_^

I thought I had figured out how to make the wings but now I'm not too sure *whine* and I'm running out of time too. I know I'll get it done... ^_^; I'll post progress pics tonight so you can see how it's coming along.

Arisa
02-16-2003, 09:39 PM
I still need white buttons for my Aerith costume! Waaah! And does anyone know how to make/where to get that purple belt she wears? (I mean KH Aerith, of course)

yuffieleonheart
02-16-2003, 09:42 PM
arisa go to joanns^^ or hit walmart you'll be surprized at what u find. then just put some interfacing to make it stiff

Sunde & Schuld
02-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Finished two more plushies: [tidus and Yuna]

Tidus and Yuna Plush (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22515)

makio
02-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Great job with the plushies! :)

Katsurina
02-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Update on Costumes:

I might be able to do a second one since I'm just about finished with Kagome's. Any suggestions for an easy one? I'd join somone's group for half the day if they want.

Sunde & Schuld
02-17-2003, 11:47 AM
I've got a Gravitation [well, it's actually all the members of Nittle Grasper] on Friday, we wouldn't mind having some other people... and I have Weiss on Sunday.. saturday is pretty much GGX

oh and thanks Makio ^^

Lucifer
02-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Any Harry Potter costumes on Sunday? I HAD three potters (I'm doing Lord Voldemort) and so far all seem to be backing out.

*cries* I need a Potter to hit! Ok ok, I'll buy them a coke in compensation.

Sunde & Schuld
02-17-2003, 12:03 PM
I knew a Harry.. but I think he's doing something else now. *shrug*

PretearWink
02-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Hey Yuffie, what day would you like to meet up for photo ops and stuff?^_^ It doesn't matter to me ^_^

Oh! And those plushies are simply adorable! :angel:

Katsurina
02-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I'll only be going saturday, and I know a Harry, but he's cosplaying Squall and Spike Speigel for MegaCon.. Maybe I can get him to do it anyway ne?

makio
02-17-2003, 02:46 PM
No problem, Schu-chii. :crylaugh:

I'm still debating on whether or not I'm gonna go on Sunday. It depends on how long I'll stay out that Saturday night. Though if anyone needs another person for their costume group that day, let me know.

yuffieleonheart
02-17-2003, 03:43 PM
eeee!!! my yuna and tidus plushies are done!! they look so awesome thank u !!!

Wink : hmm i dunno i have 2 costumes to wear (yuna and yuffie) i'll get back to u ^.^

Arisa
02-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Lucifer: I'm working on a Hogwarts uniform... my sister's gonna wear it, if I get around to finishing it by Megacon.

My Aerith costume's getting close to done! ^_^ I took white buttons off of a dress of mine... I felt kinda bad doing it, because I like that dress, but I'll replace them later. X_X

psythe
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Still planning to attend Saturday with my Reno costume ^^v

Sunde & Schuld
02-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Dizzy pics:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24556&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

makio
02-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Awesome work, Schu-chii! :cool: I'll try to post my own progress pictures Sunday evening.

Also, it looks like I won't be at Megacon until around 7:45PM or so that Friday, but I'm off work on Saturday, so I'm going to try to be there all day.

Sunde & Schuld
02-23-2003, 01:04 AM
awesome! ^_^ Any place in particular you wanted everyone to meet on Saturday?

makio
02-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Problem is... I don't know *exactly* where at the Orange County Convention Center Megacon is being held. Last year I just followed some girl in a Rei plugsuit running toward the location. :crylaugh:

Let's just meet up in front of where ever AnimeSushi is gathered for now. Unless you're going Friday, then we could talk about where would be a good place to meet up with everyone; and I'll post on here that night (and on the FLCosplay Yahoo Message Boards) to let everyone else know.

Lucifer
02-24-2003, 10:01 AM
I usually just follow any weirdly dressed person and always stumble upon megacon.

Doubt this year will be any different.

DigitalShin
02-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Problem is... I don't know *exactly* where at the Orange County Convention Center Megacon is being held. Last year I just followed some girl in a Rei plugsuit running toward the location..>>

The Orange County Covnention Center is located off of International Drive. Can't miss it. ^_^; You may also want to check out the convention home page and get their address. Then check out mapquest or some other map source.

Sunde & Schuld
02-24-2003, 11:27 AM
yeah.. lots of weirdos in costumes running in the rain.......

and then we get sick @_@ LOL

Lucifer
02-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Is it me or is there a hell of a lot of people cosplaying Gravitation on Friday at Megacon?

I know of two sets of Yuki/Shuichi, Nittle Grasper, and a Ryuuchi. God only knows if there are more. Oh yeah, and a K (can't forget javi).

Damn, last year it was only Schu-chii and Katchan, now, everyone is. Wow.

makio
02-24-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm told there's a couple people doing it, yes. I haven't seen the series nor know of any of their characters... so I'm assuming that'll change on Friday. :cool: I'm going as Kuro from One Piece for BerserkerLuffy's group.

Sunde & Schuld
02-25-2003, 12:35 AM
yeah.. it's great to be the first... *_* Atleast I'm sure that's how Kat and I felt

makio
02-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Okay, I know I said I'd post pictures of the Ky Kiske costume, but since I have to resize the coat...I figured I'll show the commissioned "Faust" costume I'm working on for a friend instead.

It's "Old Navy Faust" (http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/584kfaust.jpg) ... which pretty much shows how highly caffinated I am to be up at this hour with work and other costumes to finish this incoming evening. :drunk:

Sunde & Schuld
02-25-2003, 02:02 AM
cute ^_^ I like the added Old Navy bag

makio
02-26-2003, 03:03 PM
For those not on the Florida Cosplay Yahoo Message board, this is a c/p of the message on Megacon:

"1) Where: Orange County Convention Center HALL-C, Room 414C (top
floor)
2) When: This weekend! Feb. 28-March 2. Contest is on March 1st.
3) How: Anime Sushi’s Anime Club is putting it on. For the fans by
the fans.
4) You must be registered with the convention to enter the events.
www.megaconvention.com for more con info and prices.
5) Registration for the convention itself is downstairs. Anime
costume contest registration is Upstairs in front of room 414C. See
below for cut off times.
6) Parking: Different options, drop-off in front is the cheapest if
you can get someone to do it. Parking garage at convention is $7
only IF you mention MegaCon. Otherwise, they will charge you full
price of $10. Also parking at the Pointe Orlando parking garage runs
$5 (at least last months signs said so). It’s a little walk.

7) Two anime events are running as one. Costume contest and Fashion
show. Show starts at 4:30 PM in rooms 414 B-D. Prejudging for
costume contest starts at noon.
8) You can only enter ONE event. One person – One Costume – One
entry. No changing into a different costume or entering both events.
9) Costume contest will include pre-judging of the costume starting
at 12:00 noon, awards presented and cosplaying is allowed but not
necessary. Pre-judging will be scheduled so please check in before
11:30 am to get a time to be back at the prejudging spot. Costume
Contest contestants are allowed up to 90 seconds to pose for pictures
and/or do a skit. Contest sign-up cut off will be at 12:30 pm.
10) Keep in mind, poor cosplay skits looks bad upon your final score.
Just posing may give you a higher score. Think hard and wise.
11) HAVE FUN!! SMILE!!! LOVE LIFE!!
12) Fashion Show will be running immediately after the contest
entries exit the stage (while the judges are making final tallies and
filling out awards). NO cosplaying will be allowed. Basically, it’s
so you don’t have to go through the judging process if you don’t
want. You will be allowed 10 seconds on stage to pose for pictures.
Sign-up cut off will be at 4:00 pm. at room 414C info table.
13) Line Up for the events will be outside the room 414D and down the
sides. See signage or staff and keep in numerical order.
14) On-Line Pre-registration for the contest ENDS WEDNESDAY NIGHT
2/26. www.animesushi.org
15) Few have signed up on line - So the sign-in table will be VERY
LONG AND SLOW- we are putting everyone into the computer this year.
So please go back and sign up on line if you can. You will be able
to make changes at the con before being prejudged. It will be faster
to edit thing than putting in everyone at the convention. Cut-off
will be strick. You can always stop by on Friday and sign up without
the crowds.
16) On-Line sign up for either is the same form. Just mark the box
Fashion Show if you don’t want to enter the costume “contest”. There
are different forms for the “individuals verses the groups”.
17) POSING FOR PICTURES ON STAGE means to please stop for at least 5
seconds so cameras can be focused and photos shot before you turn to
walk off stage.
18) No real weapons, real looking guns, or real swords. Basically,
if it can hurt someone, please don’t bring it. If you have a prop
that is built NOT to injure someone, you may bring it to the contest
and pre-judging only. Con staff and Orange County convention Security
may ask you to bring real looking weapons or dangerous props back to
your car. We understand that sometime a prop is what really makes
the finished costume, so we are trying to be open minded, but safe.
19) All weapons purchased in the dealer’s room or look a likes
brought for a prop will have to be peace bonded.
20) MUSIC CDs must be in an audio wave format. No MP3s. Ask a
friend to help you if you have a problem with this. Music only
permitted for the Costume Contest Contestants. Not Fashion Show
costumers. Turn in at sign-up table during prejudging.
21) No leaping off stage. It’s just not safe. Use stairs.
22) We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items, be
careful where you put things. Find a friend to help you. We will be
too busy running the show.
23) Clear the room immediately after the awards has been presented.
We will be setting up for the CYBERIA dance.
24) Pick up your music CD outside the room at the Anime Sushi info
table.
25) Costumes must be Japanese Anime Related, or from a Japanese Anime
Related Source (Manga, Video Games, etc.)…. Sorry, no Klingons, or
Mickey Mouse.
26) No obscene costumes (no nudity, no t-backs). This is a family
show.
27) No fire, no cigarettes, or anything like that… no spray paint, or
silly string… no projectile vomiting, or snot rockets. That's just
gross.
28) DON’T FORGET - HAVE A LOT OF FUN!
29) Awards based on Technical Merit, Creativity, Accuracy,
Originality, Quality, and other things like that. Not on how much you
paid for your costume. We give no points for cosplaying during the
actual contest. We recommend that if you don't have a good skit
worked up, it's best if you just pose for pictures.
30) Children (ages 12 and under) will be judged first, and
separately. Presenting awards at 4:45 pm

Sad news: unfortunately, the fire marshal does NOT allow any
curtains, back drops or roping off areas for photos. We are sorry
and hope you all are able to find a good wall with good lighting to
help out.

=====
Carmel Bohlen
www.animesushi.org
www.animewidow.homestead.com/index.html
www.geocities.com/animewidow"

yuffieleonheart
02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
thanks so much for the info ^^

makio
02-27-2003, 12:02 PM
And a little more info, courtesy of Nicole on the FLCosplay Yahoo Message board:

"Anyhoo, I'm here to announce a Flcosplay dinner! Yay!

What: Flcosplay Megacon Dinner
When: Friday, 8 PM
Where: Pizza Hut, International Drive (across from the Pointe and XS).
Why: Because we love you".

Aww! :crylaugh: I know I'm going there. Might be a bit late depending on traffic (I don't get off work until 6:30PM EST or so), but I should make it over in time. I'll be taking an insane amount of pictures this weekend, so if you want to be posted ... here's what I'll be wearing:
Friday: Kuro of One Piece (black formal suit)
Saturday: Ky Kiske of Guilty Gear XX (white costume, blue cross in front)
Sunday: Shikigami (black formal suit) / Kyo Kusanagi of KoF2002 (white jacket, black sweater, blue jeans)

makio
02-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Almost forgot...here's the "tentative" list of cosplayers for the GGXX group. Anyone with an asterisk (*) is also listed on CosplayLab.com:

Ky Kiske (myself)*
Sol Badguy (JNX)
Dizzy(Schu-chii)*
May(Ellissa6k)*
Johnny(Shinjikun)*
Faust(Michael)
Axl Low(Joe)
Kliff or Slayer(EV, undecided)
I-no(Asuka, undecided)

...I wasn't able to contact "Shinjikun" (had no contact info), so I'm not sure if he's attending. However - feel free to PM, IM, or email for any comments or questions. Millia, Chipp, Anji, and Eddie(Zato-1) are costumes quick enough to be done in time for the convention if there's anyone out there still undecided.

Arisa
02-27-2003, 09:22 PM
>>>27) No fire, no cigarettes, or anything like that… no spray paint, or
silly string… no projectile vomiting, or snot rockets. That's just
gross.

XD LMAO

I STILL haven't finished my Aerith costume... but I'm pretty sure I will!
Saturday: Fuu
Sunday: Aerith
Wee. @_@

Sunde & Schuld
02-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Sounds fun.

For anyone that ordered plushies [Yuffie and PretearWink] They will be on display at the CLANBOB table in the dealer's room.

please look for rain or I for payment

yuffieleonheart
02-28-2003, 09:17 AM
i'll be in my yuna x-2 costume ^-^ i dunno if yuffs will be done ;_:

Harle Quinn
02-28-2003, 12:04 PM
This sounds like it's going to be great!

I've never actually been to any conventions like this before, so, I jumped on the chance to be at one!

I'm going to be Lulu from FFX on Saturday. I should be pretty easy to spot. ;)

psythe
02-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Saturday = Reno

Look for me :D

yuffieleonheart
02-28-2003, 08:46 PM
i just came back ^-^ can't wait for tomorrow ^.^

psythe
02-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Yuffie I sent you a PM but I'll be there tomorrow just come up and shove me if you see Reno. :D

yuffieleonheart
02-28-2003, 09:15 PM
lol i will ^-^ must take pics

Arisa
02-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I'll be with Yuffie, so I'll give you a shove too. ^_^ I'll try and snag my dad's digital camera, too!

yuffieleonheart
02-28-2003, 09:40 PM
hehe we'll both shove ya .. ^.^

psythe
03-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Nice to meet you both at the Con, unfortunately my friend had to leave and she was my ride :( gah. Great costumes though!

^^v

I'll probably see you at jacon or afo. :D

katrinastrife
03-02-2003, 10:28 AM
If anyone who went to Megacon found a digital camera, PLEASE PM me!!! ;_; my boyfriend lost his... I was hoping someone might have found it...

Arisa
03-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Cyberia was so much fun. O.O Did anyone see me and Yuffie raving? We were kinda over in a corner, and we were dancing with a Sakura and a Rinoa. we had glowsticks, and all our stuff was in a pile on the floor near us. ^^;

makio
03-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Megacon was a near 'repeat' of last year for me. I'm not stating that as something bad, just coincidental. Just like last year, I only attended one day due to unchangeable circumstances. :( Friday, I had work too late and on Sunday... I was sick.

Anyway, pictures (at least two thirds of them) have been uploaded to this site, the rest unfortunately won't be until I can somehow ask the Admin to allow more space for the remainder. Enjoy!

Katsurina
03-03-2003, 12:55 AM
*sigh* A shame that its all over now! I have pics posted from MegaCon, and I'm already preparing for AFO. ^^ Yes, Cyberia was a blast, but I'm all sore from dancing so much. :P

"Rave Dancin' Ranma-chan lives on!"

XxNANA_AYUxX
03-03-2003, 11:14 AM
It was all good. I meet alot of ppl. It was uber fun! lol, I meet some Ayumi Fans also! YES! I was dressed up as Ayumi Hamasaki on saturaday quite a few ppl reconized me! KEWL! then i was Yura of the hair and satsuki from X the rest of the time. I'm glad the Mega Con was all that i expected!,, except for the damn cheerleaders......::throws her shoe at them::: ANYWAYS! I had lots of fun and i'm glade everyone got togetther!

Katsurina
03-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, it was fun seeing all of you again, I'll be at AFO so look for me ne! ^^;

Katsurina
03-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Oh and Arisa, I saw you two! You guys were over by Chino when I saw ya and Yuffie was complaining about not dancing good. :P She was way better than me.

yuffieleonheart
03-03-2003, 04:07 PM
lmao no i wasn't >.< me and my wierd martial arts raving lmao
^-^ makio i was happy to see u ^-^ i hope u can post all the pics.
XxNANA_AYUxX: i loved your ayumi costume it kicked ass ^-^
arisa we had so much fun.
katrinastrife i don't think i saw you ^^; maybe i did and i didn't recognize u ^^;

Katsurina
03-03-2003, 11:03 PM
o o; Whats wrong with Martial Arts raving? XD

Maryssa
03-03-2003, 11:19 PM
I had a good time even though there wasnt really anything to do =)

psythe
03-04-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Maryssa
I had a good time even though there wasnt really anything to do =)

Hai O_o;; I was there for a good bit of saturday, but just did the obligatory dealer room run, met some people *waves at Maryssa, Yuffie, and Arisa* hung out, and left.

WHAT WAS UP WITH THE CHEERLEADER EXPO?!?!?! O_O;;;;;; *runs in fear*

makio
03-04-2003, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't have had a problem with the cheerleader expo if they were older. LoL!

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed in myself at this Megacon. Yet again, I only attended one day... but instead of the desired 300+ pictures I got roughly 140. Most of which still aren't uploaded due to the low disk space. I'll have to end up posting them on my own site... I'll post a link to that soon enough.

Maryssa
03-04-2003, 11:21 AM
-_-; I swear, I spent so much time yelling at cosplayers who complained about the cheerleaders... there are always 1 or 2 people with attitudes in any group of people... but there is NOTHING wrong with cheerleaders. This one asshole in line for cosplay kept saying how he was spitting on them just because he doesnt like cheerleaders. WTF is up with that? They are normal people, and just because they do not share the same interest as you does not mean they are bitches or mean people. They are not out to get you. Fuck you guys and your stereotypes. ALL of the cheerleaders I came across were nice and actually asked what we were there for, and took a LOT of pictures with us. Hell, if I wasnt already a volleyball player, I might have been a cheerleader instead. I'm a sorority girl, does that change anyone's view of me? (btw this isnt directed at anyone in particular, i just thought of it since the subject came up).

oh yeah.. and psythe is a hottie ;D

makio
03-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Someone spat on a cheerleader? Pretty immature...and disgusting stuff there. :( I don't blame you for being upset at them.

Anyway, from the look of things - people are already planning for next year's Megacon! :crylaugh: I haven't even set in stone what I'm doing this year, let alone 2004!

yuffieleonheart
03-04-2003, 04:04 PM
the whole cheerleader thing lol, i have no opinion, i did hear a few dissing some cosplayers, but that doesn't mean that it was all of them, so i have no opinion ^^;

Arisa
03-04-2003, 08:43 PM
oo; No comment on the cheerleaders.

Yuffie, what are you talking about? >_< You were awesome!

I asked Chino out!!! O.O He turned me down, though... u.u But he was so sweet about it! *-* Sigh...

Did anyone see me chasing after a group of college guys, getting sprayed with water while Cyberia was going on? XD LMAO

yuffieleonheart
03-04-2003, 09:00 PM
@.@ i clearly remember u doing that ... lmao those poor guys never saw it coming.. ^-^

Calistrisa
03-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Most of the cheerleaders were so nice! Mainly the younger ones. The highschool girls did seem to be a bit prissy, but honestly, it was the mothers I couldn't stand! Oh my god, so many of them were such rude people! (I did meet several nice ones though). And I'm totally with you on that subject, Maryssa. It was so fun having girls running around "oh my god, it's Sailor Moon!" it felt nice to be recognized, seeing as most of the cosplayers paid no attention to me and were the ones mainly slinging the shit around.

I'll have pictures up soon, once Digital Megami decides it doesn't want to be offline anymore.

Harle Quinn
03-05-2003, 03:23 PM
It sounds like it was so much fun at Cyberia...... :(

It sucks that I had to go after the costume contest on Saturday. I was having so much fun meeting you all!

I was hoping to stay longer, but my grandmother (who was my ride) hated the convention and was eager to get back home.

I can't wait to see the pics from Cyberia (if anyone has any).

yuffieleonheart
03-05-2003, 03:52 PM
yes does anybody have piccies from cyberia?

psythe
03-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
-_-; I swear, I spent so much time yelling at cosplayers who complained about the cheerleaders... there are always 1 or 2 people with attitudes in any group of people... but there is NOTHING wrong with cheerleaders. This one asshole in line for cosplay kept saying how he was spitting on them just because he doesnt like cheerleaders. WTF is up with that? They are normal people, and just because they do not share the same interest as you does not mean they are bitches or mean people. They are not out to get you. Fuck you guys and your stereotypes. ALL of the cheerleaders I came across were nice and actually asked what we were there for, and took a LOT of pictures with us. Hell, if I wasnt already a volleyball player, I might have been a cheerleader instead. I'm a sorority girl, does that change anyone's view of me? (btw this isnt directed at anyone in particular, i just thought of it since the subject came up).

oh yeah.. and psythe is a hottie ;D

Gaaaaahhhh! Thnx ._.v *turns red and hides*

I didn't mean to sound as if I was putting down cheerleaders for being cheerleaders. Just the fact that two LARGE events were taking place in the very same section was poor planning O_O;; It's not like the OCCC isn't large enough to accomodate them or Megacon in a seperate wing.

Awesome V costume btw :D You were getting mobbed!

scandia
03-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Didn't find out about this thread until now.

MegaCon 03 RULED and was much better than last year's.

I did not have any problems with the cheerleaders because cheerleaders NEVER gave me a hard time back when I was growing up. Nor did they pick on me at the con- some wanted pictures with me in costume (may have been mocking me underneath, but I am not good at picking up things like that so I could not tell). I am curious about the businesspeople, though.

Wish they had not delayed the costume contest so long. I have been in long lines before waiting for them. Hey, I even got dehydrated at a previous one. But I had never seen FIGHTS start in them though.

I got to check out Princess Tutu, which seems to be just the kind of anime I like. I bought more ROLW Deedlit's Tale and Chobits manga, a Nadesico patch, and the first Princess Tutu VHS. I also went to dinner with my friends- had not eaten at a Sizzler since 1997 since there is none in Jax nor Gville.

I am glad I pre-registered online. Saved me a lot of waiting.

Arisa
03-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Hai! I pre-registered, too, so no waiting! ^_^ I didn't see any fights... oo; There were fights? Where? @_@

Maryssa
03-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Did anyone by chance get the cosplay on video? ^^;;;. I wanna see how totally dumb I looked up there ^^;;;

yuffieleonheart
03-15-2003, 07:19 PM
i posted some pics of megacon under "yuffie and cons" there will be many more pics but those are the ones i have gotten developed so far

Juliechan27
03-15-2003, 08:04 PM
i'm still kinda new at posting here, buuuut yeah i had fun at megacon. i took some pictures (http://www.julieland.net/juliecosplay.html), sorry the page probably takes a while to load ^^;

Arisa
03-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the cosplay.com community, Juliechan. ^^

Lucifer
03-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Um. Yeah. Megacon was great.

It was great being Nemesis's b*tch...er...I mean Dante

>.>;

PretearWink
03-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Welcome Juliechan! You have such beautiful costumes! You make a dead-on, perfect Belldandy^_^

As for those cheerleaders and business people, a lot of them were SO nice! I had at least 4 cheerleaders (smaller ones) want to take pics with me! Such sweeties! But I did have to hold some of my friends off as I heard some dispairiging remarks about my personality due to my scanty costume ^^; It was no big deal, a costume is a costume, it's not who I am, and I can't expect everyone to understand that^_^ I think my biggest compliment was when a businessman ran up to me excitedly and knew who Mylene Jenius was and wanted me to take a photo with his wife! That was super sweet^_^ I even won an award! Except I left before they called the awards and then they called my friend who registered but didn't enter any costume @.@ Oh well, I got it straightened out, and I have a judge's award on my mantle ^_^ I'm so proud, it's my first one^_^

Oh! And I got to pose with Yuffie! Your costumes rocked by the way! Next time we'll get Mab's attention to take pics of us together^_~

yuffieleonheart
03-16-2003, 01:38 PM
thankies wink ^.^ welcome juliechan ^^ lol yes next time wink we'll get mobs with our poses ^.^ oh and your costume rocked so much! congrats on the win ^.^

Juliechan27
03-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Thanks, PretearWink :)

Maryssa
03-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Oh which award did you win? I think I only saw you dressed as Eowyn ^^

Juliechan27
03-18-2003, 03:28 PM
me??
our skit won "fan favorite" or something; it was the Cowboy Bebop group. You were at Megacon? What were you cosplaying as??

Maryssa
03-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Oh I didnt get to see that skit =/ Your group looked awesome though!
I was Myu sailorvenus ^^; i kinda stood out with my height and glowing yellow hair ^^;

Arisa
03-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Maryssa-san, you were an INCREDIBLE Venus! ^_____^

Maryssa
03-18-2003, 10:07 PM
^^;;; thank you!
i'm still in shock over our award ^^;

Juliechan27
03-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Ah! Now I know who you are ^^

Arisa
03-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Juliechan, who were you? I was Fuu. ^^

Juliechan27
03-22-2003, 03:59 AM
em fri i was vivi from one piece, saturday i was julia (black suit) from cowboy bebop, and sunday i was eowyn from lotr.
which fuu costume did you do?

Arisa
03-22-2003, 08:08 PM
I was Fuu in her Seifuku (school uniform). ^^ I saw you as Eowyn and Julia! Wee!

Juliechan27
03-22-2003, 09:28 PM
cool i think i saw you :)