PDA

View Full Version : do alot of girls usually crossplay at y-con?

Pandora Pink
06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
i was wondering if girls are supposto or not, but i guess i'm just a dork and yeah i want to know howmany crossplayers go..... *dork* >_<

Michi
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
It seems at YaoiCon that 99% of the cosplayers are girls crossplaying as guys. Because it's yaoi themed, so it makes sense. ^_^;

Eurobeat King
06-29-2004, 12:39 AM
As Michi said, you won't find a con where more girls crossplay than at Yaoicon. ;) Here's proof with the pics I took from last year:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=599&page=1

I might crossplay myself this year as Hibiki, who's a girl but looks like a guy, (or at least acts like one) but I'm not sure yet.. hehe I have time to decide.

Fatwetdog
06-29-2004, 11:56 PM
I don't know about con statistics, but I'll be taking Nuriko, Rosiel & Sanzo, so that's three for me. ^_^

SerialZero
07-08-2004, 04:45 AM
I know for a fact that if I got to go to Yaoi cons on a regular basis, I wouldn't dress up as anything BUT male characters. LOL. So far I've got a Spike Spiegel and a Naota Nandaba costume under my belt, and hopefully I can get a Genjo Sanzo outfit together sometime.

jetspectacular
07-09-2004, 05:24 PM
I know for a fact that if I got to go to Yaoi cons on a regular basis, I wouldn't dress up as anything BUT male characters. LOL.

NUFF SAID!!! even though i've never had the pleasure of going (just turned legal =P) i understand fully..

Depending on my job status once school starts again I *may* be able to go to Ycon this year, i would love to, thats for sure..! If I did.. there's so many guys I've always wanted to crossplay that I dont think I could choose X.X

Karisu-sama
07-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey, all my costumes at Yaoi-con were guys. It just seemed to be "what to wear", due to the theme of the con. :)

Hikari Monkie
10-19-2004, 10:46 PM
it's good to hear that a lot of girls crossplay as boys. since this is my first yaoi con, i was hoping me and my friends werent some of the few that were crossplaying!!! btw i'm crossplaying as gendo!!! woohoo!! :dance:

Saiyan Princess
10-20-2004, 12:26 AM
From what I've seen and heard it is sort of expected that girls crossplay as guy characters to Yaoi con. In fact I got yelled at by my friend who's a huge Yaoi fan when I said I'd go as Domonique the Cyclops since that was my next costume. So then I decided to crossplay as Wolfwood and so far I'm loving the idea. I'm almost done with my costume and cant wait for my friend to finish the giant cross prop.

Sixshot
10-20-2004, 12:29 AM
One Reelena, that's all I saw of girls cosplaying as girls at Yaoi-con. Really IT hink most anythign else feels out of place considering the theme of the convention.

jetspectacular
10-20-2004, 12:40 AM
bwahah, oh i could think of a couple pimpstress outfits from bishounen anime/games/manga that would fit in perfectly with the "theme" XD

for some reason though, all the pimpstresses are blond..

Shinsengumi
10-20-2004, 03:32 AM
I heard that mostly girls go to Yaoi con than guys and that they do crossplay in guys characters. I was thinking of going but i'm not cause I have no money and plus I have plans that weekend. But I'll go next year.