PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

kurai_kaoru
06-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Hi! We're plannind on having a presentation (you call it masquerade right?) in november, cosplayers will be wearing Final Fantasy costumes (from VII to X). What do you suggest for the "storyline"...? We want to do something kind of serious, not comical... a battle scene or something... I need ideas!!! :eeek:

Venator
06-29-2004, 11:57 AM
The goal you've set out is actually pretty difficult... And original, as most FF-based skits are comedic. For a storyline, though, it would depend on what characters you have. For a serious battle between characters, I'd go with something along the lines of Cloud and Squall, and maybe add Auron in to make it interesting. Alternatively, you could do the villains, such as Seymour vs. Sephiroth, or for a female cast, characters like Tifa and Lulu. Or, maybe a group of good guys fighting against an equal-sized group of bad guys. Whatever your choice, I'd try to shy away from characters that are more cutesy/comic relief... Cait Sith, Selphie, Wakka... Tidus comes to my mind, but that's probably just because I plain don't like him. =P

sephygoth
06-29-2004, 03:41 PM
how about character debates: like +my personality is darker than yours, or I'm not as desperate for a significant other like you cloud... :untrust: uh...maybe not...
Maybe they should all switch weapons and see how that goes :jjacks: :schitzo: :eeek:

kurai_kaoru
06-30-2004, 04:34 PM
People will be cosplaying characters like Rinoa, Yuna (FFX), Garnet, Seymour, Squall, Vincent, Shiva, Bahamut, Seifer, Lulu (that's me ;)), I like the idea of the battle scene, the fact is that we will not talk at all, but use a background music according to the events in the play. Thanks! Any more tips will be appreciated. ^_^

Arch_Angel_Mika
07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
From my experience as a Performer and an audience member during masquerades, serious scenes aren't taken near as well as comical ones. Comical skits are much easier to write and are better received by the audience. They will get bored really quickly, and even more so without any comic relief involved. I would suggest going back to square 1 and re-considering doing, not a fully comical skit, but with some comic relief weaved into the serious atmosphere of your story. Just a personal opinion, but I hope it helps you out in writing and deciding.

kurai_kaoru
07-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the advice. You're right, we should mix up a little bit of comedy in the play... everyone, please keep posting your ideas!!! If you already participated in a FF skit, I would like to know what was it about, thanks!

ayn*chan
07-04-2004, 06:59 AM
Please please PLEASE avoid doing a skit that involves arguing! Those get so annoying sometimes! ^^;;

From my experience as a performer and masque participant, skits that incorporate an element of universal humor (ie, something pretty much anyone, regardless of whether or not they've played any Final Fantasy games, will understand) with a really creative/unpredictable situation are the better ones.

Basically what I'm saying is a fight (verbal or physical) would be pretty predictable. Doing something [comedic] that the audience ISN'T expecting is going to be recieved better. Just be creative! Think of some sort of everyday-type activity that you can have your characters doing.

For example, what if you have Cloud missing his hairgel? (How can he maintain his trademark spikey 'do without his trusty bottle of hairgel?!) Then at the end, after interrogating the other characters, someone comes forward and reminds him that he sold his hairgel in one of the towns during a side mission or something in exchange for extra sex-appeal points so he could try and get some random village girl's phone number?

The biggest thing to keep in mind, is to always end on a laugh. ;) Good luck!