PDA

View Full Version : got better idea...NYC/Conn/Prov/Jersey train mob

sephygoth
06-30-2004, 02:12 PM
I know there's only a month to go! and others plan on getting on board along the way :) so here's the jist of it:
Heading out from Boston Thursday night at 9:45 on Amtrak (#67 me thinks)
making it into Rhode island ~1 hr later :jjacks:
Connecticut stops are around 11pm to 2am
NYC(Penn station) at 2:45 Jersey shortly after :japan:
We're gonna try to take over the next to last car and will definetly hang out in the snack/game car(some of us might not sleep :cheers: ).So for
fellow cosplayers who might want not want to drive/get stuck in traffic,
travel alone, be restricted to a seat, or be thouroughly searched at an airport hop on and look around for us near the end of the train, easy!.

infamous price stuff: Boston tickets were(the most $$$, but still kinda cheap)like $167 round trip(not the same route back, but that's back),
There will be outlets it looks like, and a large stash of flix/fanime's/perhaps snackies. pm me with anything you needs!

trigunvash
06-30-2004, 04:01 PM
I can't remember but usually the last car is Business Class or the sleeping car. I usually go Northbound and you guys are going southbound, so the last car should be a regular Coach car (if memory serves me right) so you should be fine.

sephygoth
07-03-2004, 08:48 PM
oh yeah, we got reserved coach btw, cheaper and fits otaku budget

trigunvash
07-03-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL yeah, coach is excellent on the train. I would say its on par with Airline business class seats. I can't stand airline coach seats tooooo cramped.

sephygoth
07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
thanks senor trigunvash! I forgot philly :p

"There is a 45 minute stay in New York City and a 35 minut stay
In Phili, the overnight train does this to actually arrive in
Washington DC at a specific time. On normal trains they just
stay for a few minutes then run continue.
Heres the full schedule to help ya out for the train:

9:45p Boston South Station
9;50p Back Bay
10:00p Route 128, MA
10:24p Providence, RI
10:35p Kingston, RI
10:59p Westerly, RI
11:20p New London, CT
11:41p Old Saybrook, CT
12:20a New Haven, CT
1:12a Stamford, CT
2:01a Ar New York, NY
2:45a New York 45 minute stay
3:05a Newark, NJ
3:21a Metropark, NJ
3:48a Trenton, NJ
4:17a Ar Philadelphia, PA
4:52a 35 Minute Stay in Philadelphia
5:15a Wilmington, DE
6:10a Baltimore, MD <--ARRIVAL

But hope that schedule help ya out for those interested."

trigunvash
07-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I just checked the on-time status of train 67 for the last 7 days, on average the train was 5-10minutes early in arriving into baltimore. So its not a constantly late train.

sephygoth
07-15-2004, 03:49 PM
so we'll actually be there in time for the times set for holiday inn breakfast meet! thanks for the info balty-local trigunvash :square:

Jun_Kazama
07-17-2004, 01:40 PM
heys, i have another question. On the trip back, is it still the 1:07 train? (train #140?).
Cuz I wanna get my tickets either today or tommorow. ^_^

trigunvash
07-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes train 140 still exists, it departs at 1:07pm.

Tip if you're booking online, where it says Promotion Code, enter the code V822 (if you're doing regular adult fare) and it should discount you 20dollars.

sephygoth
07-19-2004, 12:52 PM
yeah, we're still hitting the 1:07 it goes back to boston via conn/western mass and takes 1 hr more than the way down(more time to share pics!)
we had the promo code v818 for ours,don't know if it'll work with the student
discount :sulk: but we have help from trigunvash's code too! I guess it took
mesoian a little while to get the codes working, I think the fields get reset every time you press back! :miffed: (does here anyway)
hopefully they're as cheap for ya as it was for us. Can't wait now!

YuriNeko
07-19-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure ill be taking that train from New Haven, maybe we can meet up ^^

sephygoth
07-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure ill be taking that train from New Haven, maybe we can meet up ^^
sweet! we'll be near the back :) dunno when it comes by new haven, but hope to see ya nontheless

YuriNeko
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
i always wear black and catears..so i might not be too hard to spot

sweet! we'll be near the back :) dunno when it comes by new haven, but hope to see ya nontheless

sephygoth
07-19-2004, 07:49 PM
i always wear black and catears..so i might not be too hard to spot
cool, we'll look out for ya (halfway into our trip :cool: ) if your going for the leopard look, spotting black is pretty difficult :untrust:

trigunvash
07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
yea the online booking is a bit tricky if you hit backspace it'll reset.

Oh yeah most of the discount codes work with unreserved trains and regular fares. But looks like you are set.

sephygoth
08-03-2004, 11:30 AM
The commuter rail on the way to the station was a drag b/c they made us drop our prop weapons!
the actual AMTRAK ride was actually awsome, more so on the way back. I didn't quite know who was who ...on the way down to balty anyway. My thanks goes to shris for dragging along the big betsy bertha bernice load of anime to stare at. I was so tired man, got like no sleep both ways! I'll do it again less I have a load of stuff to bring*(and there might not be a DNC ever again, why that one day?)*

trigunvash
08-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah that crazy DNC I'm sorry you guys ran into trouble with that, but I'm glad to hear that the actual Amtrak trip was good. At least next year there will be no DNC and things would probably be back to normal.

Though luck for thos in NYC they had their anime convention cancelled (BAAF) because of the RNC.