PDA

View Full Version : kalha from garnet

alucard80
07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
hi there i am biginer in make up i never did jrock make up i always did s ome fast make up for halloween but now i would like to have the look of the death i want to inspire from klaha in garnet. DO you know what i need to make this make up. My skin is brown so what kind of foudation do i need for it to be pure white like this and what kind of lipstick does he use is it black or dark blue ? i will also need a wig cuz my hair is really really short. I know it s not the forum for this but how could i make the dress he used in garnet ? how much do you think all the make up for the face and wig could cost me.

Claire
07-02-2004, 01:04 AM
... Punctuation is your friend.

If you get geisha or clown white cake makeup, you should be able to make your skin white without any problem (if you apply it properly). I don't recall offhand what color his lips are, but if you have a magazine or the Garnet single handy it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I'd try the j-rock forum for help on the costume.

alucard80
07-05-2004, 11:00 PM
i heard clown foundation is not good to make white like mana and that it is not so good qualitie ? how much is it. i would like to see a s ite whit the make up products for costumes etc

pink_killer
07-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Your best bet is Ben Nye cake foundation or something of the sort? I understand by the cheap quality of clown makeup. It never goes on right, it gets in your hair and it looks utterly stupid. It would do horrors for your costume. Someone said cake makeup is like the better version for that so I assume (Since I haven't tried it myself but I shall if I make a costume of a character that has green skin.) It's theater makeup and not too expensive.

http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/bennye/ben_nye_01.htm#colorcakefoundations

Cat-chan
07-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Ben Nye is great... if it looks too white-- since Klaha never really overdid it with the makeup-- try mixing it with some regular skin-colored foundation. I don't know what you would really need besides that other than lipstick and eyeliner, though. This shouldn't prove to be too difficult.

JunJun
07-06-2004, 05:52 PM
You need to be careful, since you have a darker skin tone. Its going to look really stupid if just your face is white, unless you're going for the geisha or clown look, and deviations in skin color won't matter. I've seen people suggest simply trying a few shades lighter, not whiteface, to look better. You need to play around with that. Or, just apply the white makeup wherever skin is showing, though this could get really difficult to keep off of clothes. Make sure you get Ben Nye's makeup sealant too, when you get the cake makeup.

alucard80
07-07-2004, 12:23 PM
i will where a big robe so only my face and neck are showing and i will put a long hair wig. To find ben nye make up i have to go to a normal make up shop or theater shop ? i live in canada,montreal. on garnet klaha face is really white. one day a mother of my friend told me first put pale green foundation on your face so it will cover up the defauilt of your faces then you can put another level but white foundation is this good ?

alucard80
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
why do they call it cake foundation ?