PDA

View Full Version : How likely is it to sell out?

Claireon
07-01-2004, 10:46 PM
My plans for SDCC had been dependent on some kind of flakey friends, so it wasn't until recently that I knew for sure I was going. Now it's too late to pre-reg. Now, before I get on an expensive cross-country flight to stay in a skeezy youth hostel, how likely is the con to sell out before I can get in? I've never seen a con sell out except for Anime Boston, and I figure SDCC is big enough to accomodate, but it would severely suck to find out otherwise.

Experiences? Anyone?

Inu1
07-02-2004, 01:35 AM
My plans for SDCC had been dependent on some kind of flakey friends, so it wasn't until recently that I knew for sure I was going. Now it's too late to pre-reg. Now, before I get on an expensive cross-country flight to stay in a skeezy youth hostel, how likely is the con to sell out before I can get in? I've never seen a con sell out except for Anime Boston, and I figure SDCC is big enough to accomodate, but it would severely suck to find out otherwise.

Experiences? Anyone?i dont think it can sell out O.o; besides it being HUGE, according to my update book thing i got from them more than 75,000 people came and thats 12,000 more than the year before and i hear they are going to open up a new section in the main exibit hall so..there should be enough room :bigtu:

Dany
07-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Getting into the Con shouldn't be an issue...

But finding a hotel that won't cost you a big wad of money AND be close to things? THAT will be a feat. Good luck to you.

Inu1
07-02-2004, 05:49 PM
heh..yea your right..but there are still a bunch of hotels down in mission vally..and thers some right by the convention center but those would cost a hell of a lot i bet..least i dont gotta worry i live here :p

FlameSniperRei
07-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah the con won't sell out but all of the surrounding hotels are booked, even as far as Sea World Hotels are being booked up by Comic Con attendees. I think you'll find some decently priced hotels (I found some for $70-100) by sea world but they're going fast.

Sana-chan
07-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Yay for Sea World! lol gotta support mah job-chan XP

But yeah hotels go crazy fast. My best suggestion would be to get whatever hotel you can find and rent a car to get to and from the convention center.

Reno_kun
07-08-2004, 03:13 PM
yes sana's right the con it's self will not sell out. god forbid but you need a hotel unless you wanna sleep outside. not the wisest thing to do in SD.

Mich
07-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Yay for Sea World! lol gotta support mah job-chan XP

But yeah hotels go crazy fast. My best suggestion would be to get whatever hotel you can find and rent a car to get to and from the convention center.

Oh do you work at Sea world?We're staying at the Holiday Inn there,cos my daughter wants to go there( we're coming over from the U.K. for a family holiday as well,so I can go to the Con,and Hubby will take my daughter to Sea world,so we might see you there?) :dance:

BlueLady
07-09-2004, 02:00 PM
it can sell out..never has ( 100+ people would be madness)

hotels will be your problem.. I wish you luck

jetspectacular
07-09-2004, 04:03 PM
My best suggestion would be to get whatever hotel you can find and rent a car to get to and from the convention center.

also you can take advantage of the public transit in SD, it's pretty good and way fun to to pull a Shibuya and come on the trolley in costume :3

here's the transit page, if you can find a holiday inn in the vicinity or something, this may help~ http://www.sdcommute.com/

FlameSniperRei
07-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Good parking is tough to get too guys, so come early to beat the crowds.

Sana-chan
07-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Especially now with the new baseball park. Tho here's hoping that people won't be dumb and take up convention center parking. If memory serves me correctly, there has been several FREE transit busses in the past that go to and from the convention center to various places. I'm not quite sure where exactly tho ><.

Mich- Yes I do work at Sea World ^_^. Been there for... quite some time hehe.

jetspectacular
07-09-2004, 07:09 PM
oh i remember those. yesh there are buses from the convention center to various places all over downtown (including Horton Plaza mall) that are free of charge for people with passes, (full, single day, whatever). They are very very convenient though they run like every 15 minutes (running temporarily only during the con. normally downtown bus fare is $2, and you can use transfers within a certain timeframe, 2 hours i think).

I dont think the locations change each year for the con shuttles but If you're needing to get someplace downtown from the convention center, chances are those will take you there. I've only had to use one line (always green x.X) each year to eat lunch with my friends.

It's gotten so big (or promotioned or sponsored or whatever) that the buses are now TWO STORY, london style..! they're not usually crowded but it's fun to ride around downtown san diego on the top of a doubledecker waving to people in costume XD

BlueLady
07-09-2004, 08:04 PM
oh lord the parking i forgot * shudder*.. its sad when you are happy to pay 12 + dollars to park, just because you actually found a space

Reno_kun
07-11-2004, 04:32 PM
no what's really odd is the fact thatI did kusanagi and rode the trolly and got so many stares it hurt

Inu1
07-12-2004, 02:08 AM
just so yall know, they arnt having any home games durring the time of comic con :) so maybe they might open up all base ball parking for everyone ^.^