PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con Question?

Ryu-Ness
07-03-2004, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know the rules about cosplaying at this convention? ^_^; I've heard a few things about it not being okay to walk around in cosplay..and that people only do during the Masquerade. Is this true? @.@;

Is a 6'8" weapon questionable? I was able to take it to Fanime without any questions. (The guy even took a picture of it. o__O; Note to self: My mom now likes British accents.)

Lastly, it may sound pretty newbish of me, but on-site probably means at the convention when it's hosted, ne? I didn't see anything on the site about online registration. ^_^

Inu1
07-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know the rules about cosplaying at this convention? ^_^; I've heard a few things about it not being okay to walk around in cosplay..and that people only do during the Masquerade. Is this true? @.@;^_^ lol thers no rules agenst it No :p Lots cosplays each day of the convention :p Saturday is more of the offical dress up day I think, and saturday night is the masquerade for those who are compeating ^.^ its always fun to watch. And just so you know,last year (it was my first year going to it so im not sure but i think this is usual) if you wanted to go to the masquerade you have to find somone who is giving out tickets, they are free but you need one to be sure to get in. Its in ballroom 20 and starts at 8:30pm on saturday night ^.^

Is a 6'8" weapon questionable? I was able to take it to Fanime without any questions. (The guy even took a picture of it. o__O; Note to self: My mom now likes British accents.) I donno x.x; I saw about a 10ft sword there last year, somone cosplaying as sanosuke, and I never heard bout big wepeons being confenscated till I saw it on here o.o;

Lastly, it may sound pretty newbish of me, but on-site probably means at the convention when it's hosted, ne? I didn't see anything on the site about online registration. ^_^ Yea, :p on-site means at the convention. Its always at this area called the Sails Pavilion, which is on the upper level. Cept there is usualy always a line already started at the older end of the convention....wraping behind the hotel and down the street....least you get to look at some boats while ya wait XD

Claireon
07-04-2004, 12:53 AM
What may be confusing you is the masquerade rules. Apparently, if you're going to be IN the masquerade, you're not allowed to wear THAT costume in the halls beforehand. Otherwise, go for it.

Inu1
07-04-2004, 04:08 AM
oooh...heh i didnt know that ^.^;

jetspectacular
07-09-2004, 05:19 PM
I dont know the weapon size issue, but I wasn't allowed to bring my pushcart (a dinky box on wheels, part of my RO blacksmithy cosplay) into the dealers room since it counted as "luggage" and i would have to check it in at the front.

Also, one year I wasn't allowed to open my bamboo ubmrella outside in the reg lines (it was a San Diego Summer, people..!) because It blocked things or was just.. too bulky in lines.. but I was able to open it fine inside.

side note.. the rules say you're not allowed to bring outside food/water, but they never check, so it's all good.. Just dun bring Alcohol i suppose.

FlameSniperRei
07-09-2004, 06:16 PM
I think a 6 foot prop is okay as long as it isn't live steel but they'll make you check it in anyway. Just stop by the security office and check with them before going in otherwise you'll get staff harassing you to go to the security office anyway.

Wolfgirl
07-09-2004, 09:26 PM
All I know is if a girl is alloud to wear black electrical tape on her boobs and walk around Cosplaying . Then Cosplaying cartoon characters and anime is fine. That was last year.

On weapons you need to be careful. They will peice bond swords but they are real anal about you taking your sword and killing people so sometimes they will hold it for you until you leave.

BlueLady
07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
you can cosplay whatever you want..there are just not alot of cosplayers. If you are wearing something in the masquerade, i believe you can't wear it ahead of time, maybe thats what you are thinking of.

Weapons..what wolfgirl said..sometimes they hold it, just be careful with it in the dealers hall if you take it in. No one likes being whacked in the face when they are already dealing with crowds.
Online reg is over..have to reg at the door now

Dark Vision
07-10-2004, 06:23 AM
One year i was asked to put on a shirt since i was basically topless (Escaflowne Movie Van) by the security. I just sat where I was and pointed to a huge banner drawing of my character. Eventually she gave up. (come on, I wear a lot less on the beach or bay that was a stone throws away)

So cosplay is good, bad tatse just leads isolation and banishment. Enjoy ^^

Sana-chan
07-10-2004, 10:09 AM
That's really funny especially since they never tell the practically topless girls to put on t-shirts. Like that really scary taped boob one from last year ><

jetspectacular
07-10-2004, 02:59 PM
discrimination against SEXY, tenchi! that's what it was, that's what it had to be >__> lucky the movie came out that year....was that when you tripped also?? x.X?