PDA

View Full Version : Faust - guilty gear XX

red-Otaku
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi guys! I have been thinking of doing a faust costume for cons coming up and I'm kinda stumped on making the scalpel. I have a few good pics of it (attached at bottom) I'm just worried about making it scale. I was always bad with that. As for the actual production, I was gonna use a tip used in another thread and cut it from thin pine, sand it down, probably make it collapsable into 2 parts, then prime and paint. Any ideas or sites that sell the actual prop would be helpful. Thanks! :)

GaijinTenshi
07-05-2004, 03:21 PM
At over 9 feet tall.. I would think the weapon would be about eh.. 7 feet tall or so.

BUT, you're not 9 feet tall.. So if you're say.. 5"10" You'd want the weapon slightly above head tall when you're crouching down (Faust does that a lot).

As far as sales... you might get a commish-job done with PVC and fine grade mdf or something like that. Just ask around. All I know is, shipping will be hell.

Mesoian
07-05-2004, 05:22 PM
The site that's always in the banners, the prop site, has a faust scapal. I commitioned them to make it for anime boston, and they still have the design, so you can bet they're still selling it. I believe it's 4'10'' and collapsible into 2 pieces. It was the envy of all the other faust cosplayers, so you could keep that in mind.

Zanduar
07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
What exactly is that link? I tried to find it but couldn't.