PDA

View Full Version : Squall and Zidane's "accessory" help

DHB
06-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Hiya everybody...

Firstly

As some of you already know, I'm planning to do a Squall and a Zidane costume for 2003. If making the clothes shouldn't be too much of a challenge for my mother, I have, however, no idea for the weapons...

Has anyone of you has any clues for crafting a Gunblade and/or Zidane's double edge? I searched the Web but couldn't find relevant results... So any help would be welcome...

Secondly

The cause of my mother's apprehension: Zidane's tail! What should I do to imitate this "ridiculous" (for my mother) but oh-so-nice tail?

(Don't worry... I know it's about costume help. I won't spam the board, so I'll try some place else to get some advice in order to convince my mother)

Thanks for understanding!

D.H.B.

ElfEater
06-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Hmm. For Squalls gunblade, you might want to try balsa wood. Its light and easy to carve. And the double edge, maybe you can get the "foam core" stuff, cut it out, and paint it. It might look a little flat, but if you add on parts and paint it, maybe you can get away with it. ^^ You can find foam core at Micheals.
Im not too sure what your talking about with the tail... ^^

For the gunblade, you might want to ask Will -
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=kamuimotoaki
He made a gunblade, and maybe he could give you some helpfull tips on how to make yours! ^_^

rayechu
06-24-2002, 05:03 AM
sorry I have not seen what you are talking about, but my friend going as inuyasha i\made a sword from foam and bondo with a coat of paint... so it should be really durable. Hope that helps!

Quies
06-24-2002, 12:15 PM
the only thing i can think of with the tail is to sew some furry fabric, or a felt (somethinhg with some texture, how much depends on you) into the basic cylinder shape, ya know, like 5 inch wide strip or somethnig, fold in half (inside out) sew and sew the end and flip the correct way. stuff it lightly, kill a hanger (or some other thick wire) and stuff in into the tail, finish adding stuffing and bend into the shape you want.
that would be my suggeston, but you'll have to watch out for running into people with and try not to bend it to much or the wire will break.
hope that helps.

Scoti
06-24-2002, 05:36 PM
I don't know if you have a White Rose near you, but they sell this really strong craft wire. I guess you could wrap craft fur around it to make a tail. I don't have any other ideas for the weapons other then wood planks. If I were making a Zidane costume I would make the smaller daggers he started with in the game, it would be much lighter..

DHB
06-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks you everyone... **bookmarking the page** that will be helpful. I hope everything would be ready by next year!

DHB

Quies
06-25-2002, 07:39 PM
no prob. hope i helped somewhat.
Scoti! Craft wire? the shame. hanger solves all thick wire problems.
i made a whole sakura costume with that, felt, and pre-owned clothing.

Scoti
06-26-2002, 07:44 AM
what's wrong with craft wire! lol not all of us want to take apart a hundred hangers and besides it would be a lot easier to mold delicate things like tails....
wait a minute did you say you made a whole CCS costume out of that?! *applauds*

astronema
06-26-2002, 04:28 PM
Man, cardboard and string.

Quies
06-26-2002, 05:01 PM
*bows* thank you thank you. i suppose the sadest part would that it was for my friend. i went as tomoyo. how ironicly fitting, nee? the hangers were killer to cut, so i actualy must agree with you on the craft wire part in some cases.
lol. cardboard is good to.

engrish
06-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Go to sailorjamboree.com and look for Chrissy/ ScrawnySquall......she's got the BEST Squall costume I've seen. She looks kinda intimidating in her costume and there's no guarantee you'll get help but it won't hurt to try.