PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh-- Vash's Eyebrows

AnimeClubOwner
07-07-2004, 04:03 PM
O.O I just realized I'm going to have trouble... Alrighty, Vash's eyebrows are triangle shape, so should I pluck my brows like that? Or draw them in? Not very gewd at all... I'm going to have to spend a good amount of my time thinking this through. Luckily, I'm in no rush. *phew* This has to be done in october, 116 days from now. Any help?

Kyoko C.
07-08-2004, 03:09 AM
Alrighty, Vash's eyebrows are triangle shape, so should I pluck my brows like that? Or draw them in? Not very gewd at all... I'm going to have to spend a good amount of my time thinking this through. Luckily, I'm in no rush. *phew* This has to be done in october, 116 days from now. Any help?
Triangle Shape...Interesting...i think you should pluck them off a bit, meaning that it dosen't really look like a triangle...not too much coz it will hurt and then draw them in ....

ash_chan
07-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree with Kyoko C. Just pluck a little, then draw them in.

Ai Ichigo
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Plucking?

I suggest getting them waxed so they would come out a better shape. It won't hurt that much. Your skin might be a little bit irratated afterwards, but it's pretty much ok. It's usually only around 5 bucks at Asian nail salons. Plus, it turns out VERY nice at them. ^^

AnimeClubOwner
07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Plucking?

I suggest getting them waxed so they would come out a better shape. It won't hurt that much. Your skin might be a little bit irratated afterwards, but it's pretty much ok. It's usually only around 5 bucks at Asian nail salons. Plus, it turns out VERY nice at them. ^^

Erm, wax? You want me to put searing hot goop by my eyeballs and strip it off with a cloth? I'd rather pull my hair from their sockets one-by-one, no offense.

Pluck, then draw? >.< What should I do more of though? I agree that I would have to draw in a point a bit, but I would also have to narrow down my eyebrows while I'm at it. Hmm, one prob tho is his brows are blonde. How am I supposed to get a blonde pencil?

Edit: After staring at my avater for a long period, I've decided the main thing I have to do is pluck. >.< But I'll look super eveil afterwards. *groan* And I'll be stuck that way until they grow back...

Kilayi
07-11-2004, 01:41 AM
you know, you dont have to do either O-o
but its nice to hear that someone will go to such lengths for cosplay :3

Hinata
07-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Waxing is 10x less painful than plucking, IMHO.
I mean, would you rather have a quick death, where you suffer for a few seconds?
Or have a long agonizing torture, where your limbs are severed one by one? XD

Supaidaa
07-30-2004, 02:08 PM
I would suggest getting mort. wax at a costume store, covering the eyebrows and then drawing over them. It will painless, cheap, and then you don't have to worry about your eyebrows looking strange or in worst case not growing back.
But anyway that is just my suggestion.

Michi
07-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I've never even noticed that about Vash. No one's gonna yell at you for not having the exact eyebrows. Do you need the exact nose and ear shape too? :P The only time I think it'd be necessary to do anything to your eyebrows for cosplay (aside from color) would be maybe for a character whose eyebrows are very unique -- for example, Dorothy from Gundam Wing or that guy from FLCL. I'm not a FLCL fan so I don't remember his name, but yeah. ^^;

procrastinator
07-31-2004, 04:24 AM
Wow, you are going all the way to the eyebrows? Now there's dedication. I will not change my eyebrows just for a cosplay. It seems a little too much for me, personally... I say to each his own, but still... changing your eyebrows just for a cosplay? Don't get me wrong, I loooooove cosplay, but.....

Shinobu
07-31-2004, 12:29 PM
The problem with waxing is that the hair won't grow back as quickly as when you pluck them...At least for me. (They both hurt equily in my opinion) So it depends if you want those Vash eyebrows for a long time or not. Drawing them in would be a good idea too.

Jo_Canadian
07-31-2004, 04:29 PM
when i did my vash costume i dyed my eyebrows and then cut them with a disposable razor *very carefully mind you* the morning of the convention and they turned out really well and i had my normal shaped eyebrows blonde and brown back after about 2 days

Pixeldot
08-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Are you doing this for Anime Reactor? (Considering you're going to WW in Chicago) If so, can't wait to see ya, n.n

Eh, in all honesty, people dont go nuts about such details, I wouldnt even bother.

But if you're still going to go through with it... make sure if you pencil them in to make them look good! It could totally kill the costume if you make them look so unnatural that they stand out... the one thing I like in costumes is when they look accurate yet believable, and nothing looks more natural than your own natural eyebrows o.o;