PDA

View Full Version : Private Photoshoots?

Admin
07-08-2004, 07:30 AM
If anyone is interested in a private photoshoot at DragonCon please reply here so I can gauge the interest. I've never attended DragonCon but if I know at least a few people will want one, I'll put them up in the store as we get closer to it.

kelldar
07-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Oo yes please! I was hoping you'd do a few for dragoncon, Ash and I wanted to get one.

Aleathia Burns
07-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Super sweet I'm in. When and where are you gonna take them?

KittyCanuck
07-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I'd be interested in hearing more about them, but I'm not sure if my costumes would be up to snuff for a cosplay.com photoshoot. o_0

^_^

Hikaruchan
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I would be interested. Don't know if my sister would join me or not yet.

Admin
07-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Is the area around the hotels good for photoshoots?

Heather
07-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Oooo! I'd definitely be interested. Although I'd have to tidy up some of my costumes, LOL~

I'll have to check out the pictures I have from last year... I know there's some good places around the hotels -- I just have to remember where they are. Hehe!

Wag
07-09-2004, 12:38 PM
I live about 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, and I've been to Dragon Con for the last 4 years or so. Sadly enough, I never stayed in the hotel because of this...lol...so I can't really guage if there's any good place around there. As far as I know, virtually all cosplayers and costumes just kinda roam the halls, since there's no set gathering place like at AX between the con centers.

Most of the time however, cosplayers are in the main lobbies of the hotels, just outside / in the exhibition hall or in the dealers room (the ex hall and dealers room are different, too). Of course there's the parade, and masq, etc...

However, if you can stand walking roughly 3-4 blocks outside from the hotel in costume, the Olympic Centennial Park is about a third of a mile away and has the best scenery downtown for photoshoots close to the hotel. Dancing fountians, water gardens and lots of other stuff. Pics are here (http://www.travelbypictures.com/atlanta.html). Although it may be INCREDIBLY HOT on the day you decide to take pictures, and costume + heat + walking 3 blocks = pain. But then again, Dragon con is alot closer to fall, so it shouldn't be too bad, and the park shouldn't be packed, so you won't have too hard of a time finding a clear spot where no one is going to get in the shots. Hope that helps.

kelldar
07-09-2004, 01:51 PM
There's a really cool fountain in front of the marriott - looks very scifi. The lobby (3rd floor) of the Marriott is also really nice, and usually not too crowded.

SpikeSpiegel
07-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm interested and in fact the whole group of costumers I'm going to be with

"G. I Joe Costumers"

MIGHT be up for it as well. What goes on with these photoshoots and how much do they cost? I'd have to ask the group about it before confirming anything.

Ragresen
07-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Admin, There are several areas that are good for shoots at Dragon Con. As mentioned the fountain at the Marriot and also the stairs and fountains at the Suntrust center. I will ask about for other suggested areas for shoots and pass them along for you. Us locals can be the best help in finding areas for them.

Ravien
07-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I told Dellie that I was interested in a photoshoot :)

But I'm not sure of what yet...

I'll decide between now and then :P

SuthrnBelleChan
07-10-2004, 10:50 AM
I'd be VERY interested ^_^ I was really hoping you'd do these

Hikaruchan
07-10-2004, 11:55 AM
The connecting skywalk between the Hyatt and Marriott would also be a good place for scifi costumes.

The only problem is that DC can be very crowded, so I had a hard time getting good shots sometimes as people would get in the way. The Marriott is usually easier to shoot in, as less crowded (its got interesting visual architecture looking up too).

SuthrnBelleChan
07-11-2004, 11:47 PM
There's also the area near my hotel, that's where hte underground mall it, it's veyr beautiful. It's only about 6 city blocks, plus it'd be loads of fun to get pics and play DDR at the underground mall lol

The_Balrog
07-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm interested and so are a few members of the LOTR parade group. Just give us a time and a place. If staffing schedules allow me I will be there.

Schu
07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't know if I'll finish a decent costume by then, but I'd definately be interested if I do have a good one.

Aleathia Burns
07-17-2004, 01:01 PM
There's also the area near my hotel, that's where hte underground mall it, it's veyr beautiful. It's only about 6 city blocks, plus it'd be loads of fun to get pics and play DDR at the underground mall lol

If you plan on going as Gun Mage Rikku than you made my day cuz that would be cool. I want to come as White Mage Yuna!!!! Anyway taking pictrues at underground atlanta sounds sweet espeacialy playing DDR in cosplay sounds cool also. By the way I hope a paine shows up cuz I want to post pictrues of various Final Fantasy x-2 job class cosplayers. :dance: :heart: :bigtu:

nebbie
07-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Yes, definately would be interested! :)

aaobuttons
07-19-2004, 12:57 AM
How much does this sort of thing cost? I'd be interested if not too much for my Lulu costume.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't want to go away from the Con area to do the photoshoot. I will be flying in and won't have a car so I couldn't get to anything unless it was by Marta which I DONT want to do in costume.

Admin
07-19-2004, 01:51 AM
$25 for one person, and we'd be staying in or right outside of the con center to do it.

fightstar
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Question for Admin-Here Be Drakes. I was planing on going up for Dragon Con myself but, I didn't plan to stay the whole weekend. Lack of money and all. I was wondering do you have proper lighting equipment and the like or will this be a day time photo shoot only? Do you need a hand? I only ask because I am experinced in photography (studio art degree and all, yeah!). It's no big deal just thought I would ask about it. Let me know what you think.

~fightstar

Masami
08-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Admin- I know atleast 5-6 people who would want a photoshoot and have the money/costumes for one.. do you know when you'll be for sure if this thing is a 'go' or not? I missed out on all the Otakon photoshoots (they got bought like in 5 mins o_O) .. so I would be esstatic if you did some at DragonCon >D

Admin
08-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Since I'm new to DragonCon, rather than offer time slots like normal, people can PM me about setting up times for DC photoshoots and we'll go from there. Most likely I'll want to run around taking regular photos of the convention, so I'll probably just do a couple of shoots each day, Fri/Sat/Sun. Contact me now to reserve one.

Fightstar: I won't be bringing my studio lighting with, sorry. We're doing Dragon*Con on the tail end of an 18-day working vacation.

QueenAleta
08-11-2004, 10:30 AM
As long as my Lum costume is ready for Dragon I'd be interested.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
I'll contact you Admin once i know my schedule for the Buffy Musical

QueenAleta
08-31-2004, 06:11 PM
So are there going to be photo shoots at DragonCon? I noticed they have never been posted in the store so...

SuthrnBelleChan
08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
yeh same ehre, i PMed you Admin but ya never responded. Just wondering what's up

SuthrnBelleChan
08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
yeh same ehre, i PMed you Admin but ya never responded. Just wondering what's up

QueenAleta
08-31-2004, 09:11 PM

ditto. I PMed as well.

Admin
09-02-2004, 01:20 AM
QueenAleta: Just replied now.
SouthrnBelleChan: Just checked your PM and it was requesting a late shoot, I only do private shoots during the daytime, sorry.

I've decided to only do a few private shoots at DragonCon since it's our first time there and I'd like to get as many of you as possible in the hall cosplay. So I can take two more shoots (already have 1 or 2 scheduled) on either Friday or Saturday afternoon. If anyone is interested, send me a PM, include a couple of times that are good for you, and it's $25 for one person. I'd need to schedule these by Thursday night, so that's less than 24 hours to set one up.