PDA

View Full Version : totoro costume question

chai_fiend
07-08-2004, 08:16 AM
a friend's friend came up with the brilliant idea to cosplay totoro at otakon. the problem is, we're all still pretty much amatures at this making costumes thing. we know we have to make him fat so i was thinking that some kind of wire armature would have to be made to get the roundness. but where do you get wire or boning like that? is there anything else you could use? how could you attach it to the fabric? please help!

Aer
07-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Are you talking about a mascot-style approach to this?

There are some good websites out there that could help you with this.
http://www.nicodemus.org/fursuit.cgi?blue

chai_fiend
07-09-2004, 07:53 AM
i have no clue >_<

DancingVampire
07-09-2004, 08:29 AM
I have non-mascot style totoro costume in my gallery and costumes page you can check that out I dun know how much it will help however ^_^;

laerry
07-09-2004, 09:16 AM
That's a cute idea for a Totoro-themed costume, Dancing Vampire! I like that a lot!
I'm pondering a mascot-type Totoro costume for next year. My thought right now is to make a bodysuit, build up the round Totoro shape with foam, then put the fur on top of that. But this is still just in my head - I've got to worry about my costumes for THIS summer ^_^b

chai_fiend
07-09-2004, 10:50 AM
dancing vampire- thats really cute. but...the person who wants to do totoro is a guy. i suggested doing something like what you did, but i think he wants it more mascot type so he can be this big fat bulbous thing running around.

i like this foam idea...i'll pass on the info