there's no section for AMVs? [hurt]

i think i'll cry now...

[cries]

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 01:47 AM
^_^

KuroBara
12-03-2002, 01:48 AM
I guess they could go under anime chat. Me, I love them! I always hit the contests at cons, and download my favorites. They're really great for introducing new shows and movies.

I love the way some creators are mixing series together now, some of them are seamless!

Recca-kun
12-03-2002, 02:37 AM
I have a few genius (or insane, depending on your definition) ideas for AMVs but no experience or knowhow for them. Not really worried about it right now since I don't think I have enough time/enthusiasm to be good, but maybe someday. ;)

mughi3
12-03-2002, 05:38 AM
kevin cauldwell owns in the music video department. his timing and music is excelent rather it be memories "megnetic rose" to harujuku's techno version of phantom of the opera. or childs toy to the william tell overture.

othe video's of note
.hair(all the anime guys and thier hair LOL )
.tainted donuts-cowboybeebop/trigun crossover very high quality
.right now....."right now people are complaining about nudity in anime*next scene* we really wish they would shut up" ROFLOL

Carmila
12-03-2002, 10:02 AM
I absolutely adore AMVs! They are the best part of a con. Though I have to say this year has been kinda lacking because most people are in the Melodrama mode, however, there is one out there about Selling your Soul to Totoro, and I have to say, it is the best!

psythe
12-03-2002, 10:04 AM
Is it "The Truth about Totoro"? One of the guys who runs the local anime club made it, and it has Totoro running to Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy"

It's Priceless

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:04 PM
O.o
i.. make videos...

have you seen them?

can i recommend my faye one?

BlackDelo
12-03-2002, 12:12 PM
since we're talking about AMVs.....does anybody have the chair AMV from Fanime?!

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:15 PM
i saw that... i dont think it's hosted anywhere. im sure i would have had it right now for my own personal reasons too.

Jibrille
12-03-2002, 12:29 PM
AMVs are such wonderous thigs *does happy dance*

i loved to watch them, and have started making them now. WOOHOO!

my first vid will be entered at Katsucon!
cheer for me! LOL XD

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:29 PM
katsucon?
where's that?

psythe
12-03-2002, 12:35 PM
It's in Arlington, VA.

Feb. 14-16

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
It's in Arlington, VA.

Feb. 14-16

why does it have to be sooo far away?
im limited to fanime and anime expo...

i hate california.

psythe
12-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't hate California, I have to come across the whole dang country to go to AX ;)

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Don't hate California, I have to come across the whole dang country to go to AX ;)

in only go for the amv contest. x_x

which was a flop this year btw.

psythe
12-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear it, hope it's better this coming AX. How long do people have to register for that? I was thinking of making one for competition....:D

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:50 PM
make one! amvs are always fun. they usually post the registration stuff on their site before the competition

psythe
12-03-2002, 12:51 PM
Do I have time? It's going to take me quite a bit of time....and I want to be sure there isn't a registration deadline looming on me....I'll check the site out.

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:52 PM
its always best ot check the site then work on teh amvs that way. hey! if you're going next year, you have to stop by the amv panel! i'll be on it. ^_^

psythe
12-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Awesome! I will defo come see you. I have a couple ideas in my head, I'll see what I can hash out ^^v

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:59 PM
im working on something now. bah. if you go to my site you can see it. it's sort of this group project.

psythe
12-03-2002, 01:02 PM
Nice, mine will more than likely be solo. Great design on the site, btw.

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 01:04 PM
spanks. i learned that all you need for a good site is to pay off one of your best friends with steak. -_-

im a solo amv artist, but for the break inbewteen cons im having fun.

psythe
12-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by SpPANDA
spanks. i learned that all you need for a good site is to pay off one of your best friends with steak. -_-

XD!! I'm a site designer so I find that very funny...best of luck on your AMV projects :)

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 01:13 PM
thanks! you too

Carmila
12-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Is it "The Truth about Totoro"? One of the guys who runs the local anime club made it, and it has Totoro running to Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy"

It's Priceless

Yes! That is the one! I really just need to download it so that I can watch it whenever!

However, I want to sell my soul to Catbus!:D

Ayaka
12-03-2002, 10:43 PM
I really enjoy watching AMVs. ^^ I like making them nearly as much . . . but my video output device is currently busted so . . . XP Cursed evil evil thing. Wound up with only one finished vid to my name, cause of that thing.

I really ought to dl some AMVs now that I finally have the connection to do so. I have a few faves of what I've seen though . . . hmm, "Father of Mine" to Evangelion (aw it was beautiful!); and I think it was called "A Complete and Total Waste of 3 1/2 Minutes" to Lain, that won at AX. I didn't see the contest itself; I was at karaoke. And HAH to all the people who ditched the karaoke contest for the AMVs, since they wound up not running. Heheh.

Tainted Donuts was awesome too.

SpPANDA
12-04-2002, 12:29 AM
i won at AX.... but i didn't make a comedy video... so there's no love for this panda.

Ayaka
12-04-2002, 12:38 AM
HEY HEY HEY you did Chemicals Between Us/Eva, didn't you! *sees it in listing* WAAH! *dl*

That was kick-ass. ^^ And you did a video using a song by A Perfect Circle. I approve of that as well. ^^ I was actually going to mention that vid as "second coolest Eva video I've seen", along with Aluminum Studio's "Try" as second fave Lain video.

Sorry, I tend to especially like extremely bizarre videos cause I have a very weird sense of humor. Trust me, I'm in a pretty small subset, lol. I do appreciate drama and action (ooh I love good action vids; "I'm gonna knock you out! Momma said knock you out!" even if I haven't seen Fatal Fury or whatever the heck series that was).

SpPANDA
12-04-2002, 12:51 AM
you should check out my gundam video when you get the chance. its odd... and action packed.

trust me, you'll like it.

nails
12-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Kevin Caldwell is my favorite. I know all of you have seen his stuff. He just knows what he's doing. He was at AX 2001 though :'.. my second favorite is Pakman.

KANEDA
12-04-2002, 02:59 AM
the BEST anime music video I've ever seen was "Go Film" by Justin Roby. I know it WAS on the net a while back... but I got my own copy on SVHS ^_^

Ayaka
12-04-2002, 03:09 AM
SpPanda - I watched the Gundam video. ^^ It was like . . . and then things start exploding! XD Odd, but very, very cool. Though I might have gotten more out of it if I'd seen any GW . . . hah, maybe not, who knows. What do you use to edit? I'd guess . . . Final Cut Pro? The lipsync was a beautiful thing. And I watched "Chemicals Between Us" (love that song) again, the timing in that is just plain sweet. I wish I could be more precise with editing in iMovie . . .

I wish I could remember the name of it, I saw this Shamanic Princess music video that was really well done; I'd like to have the song, even. Well, it was very well done at first; it honestly was giving me chills. Just beautiful, and I'm sure it helped that I hadn't seen the visuals before. But then it got into this hyperkinetic strobe light effect thing that was nearly giving me a seizure. All the fancy filters you can use can never make up for - and can even ruin - good editing, far as I'm concerned.

Okay, or maybe it's just a rationale because I'm sad I can't do any cool filters in iMovie, lol. So I have to believe that it's better to learn to edit the hard way and THEN get the cool toys.

mughi3
12-04-2002, 03:24 AM
i hate california.
well i would hate to live there for all it's extreme liberal political correctness......but ther is a larger number of available asian babes there, so i guess it isn't all bad(and they have a midevil times resturaunt).

Bell-chan
12-04-2002, 03:33 AM
I've only recently watched AMVs. My friend picks out some nice ones! Some of them were really sad, and completely funny (mashed potatoes and the beer song! both Trigun AMVs :crylaugh: )

SpPANDA
12-04-2002, 08:44 AM
aside from the software i use to get teh dvd files to my computer, i edit with adobe premiere. final cut pro is a macintosh editing program from what i believe. from what i hear, its really good too. mmm.... anywho.. thanks!glad you liked my videos.

Ayaka
12-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, Final Cut is a Mac program. Sorry, forgot to ask what platform you were on. :p Sometimes I slip into a little Mac-centric universe, lol.

SpPANDA
12-04-2002, 01:07 PM
eets ok. im sure there's a big portion of the world that uses macs...

however.. i think my computer is a piece of crap.

psythe
12-04-2002, 01:20 PM
That Gundam video is so sick!! w00t!

Nice job! :bigtu:

SpPANDA
12-04-2002, 01:22 PM
That Gundam video is so sick!! w00t!

Nice job! :bigtu:

thanks. ^_^\

out of my videos though.. i'd say my faye one holds the most sentimental value.

most people know me for that one in particular.

cutekawaii
12-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Best AMV ever.

anime: Serial Experaments lain
music: Sleep, Now, from the Dark City sdtk

AWA 5. Oh mah gawd. It was so beautiful. I was amazed. If ANYONE knows where I can download it (it's not up on animemusicvideos.org) would be loved forever and ever amen.

SpPANDA
12-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by cutekawaii
Best AMV ever.

anime: Serial Experaments lain
music: Sleep, Now, from the Dark City sdtk

AWA 5. Oh mah gawd. It was so beautiful. I was amazed. If ANYONE knows where I can download it (it's not up on animemusicvideos.org) would be loved forever and ever amen.

i have that on my harddrive. if you'd like, IM me and i'll send it through AIM

cutekawaii
12-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Ah, that's ok, I found it on WinMx, but thanks anyway!!

:watches in awe O.O::

SpPANDA
12-06-2002, 01:00 PM
tainted donuts.... tainted donuts.... eets good.

nekochan
12-06-2002, 07:12 PM
yeh!! the tainted donuts one rox!! huh.. my AMVs suck.. i have subtitles in my Blue SUb 6 vid.. it's pathetic!! i hate Windows Movie Maker!! but yeahh i LOVE brad demoss' music vids.. and SPpanda, i am your new #1 AMV fan. haha.. OHH who's seen the "dude looks like a lady" music vid?? that is sooooo hilarious ^^ love the "hair" one you guys mentioned earlier too :) but i can't seem to find enough REALLY sentimental ones off of Kazaa.. can someone help me?

jen_kat
12-06-2002, 08:35 PM
I've only seen the AMV from AX02, at the end of the masquerade, so I remember the ones that they showed as the winners for each category. I can remember that after watching "Chemicals", I went to look for the song, and also the music video... o_O;;; must have watched it over 20 times in one night. That's the influence it has on me... so if that's the case, I wonder what would happen if I watched more....;;;;;;

TheRyuujinMike
12-06-2002, 09:02 PM
eh, I don't know if I'm allowed to post this in here since I'm kinda new, but if I'm not please feel free to remove it before people yell at me, heh.

This is my first attempt to make an AMV, but its too low quality video to submit to anything. I hope someone likes it though, heh.

Anywho, here's the linky...

http://angelina.streamload.com/Gimme/673066851/15007034/18/0/07CEAAC9-90FE-406C-B87F-620C34C1513B/0.266946/2/bomber.WMV

Its a free account, so if too many people DL too fast it'll be a few hours before more people can DL.

SpPANDA
12-07-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by jen_kat
I've only seen the AMV from AX02, at the end of the masquerade, so I remember the ones that they showed as the winners for each category. I can remember that after watching "Chemicals", I went to look for the song, and also the music video... o_O;;; must have watched it over 20 times in one night. That's the influence it has on me... so if that's the case, I wonder what would happen if I watched more....;;;;;;

yeah! im loved by jen-kat!

ignats69
12-09-2002, 02:10 PM
I love AMV's too. I really like Aluminum Studios.
My boyfriend and I make them and have entered them. We're working on a Princess Monoke video right now.
Oh, the place to go to download AMV's is www.animemusicvideos.org!

ignats69
12-09-2002, 02:55 PM
If any one makes AMV's here, I was interesting in knowing what type of a program do you use and if you use any graphical programs in conjuction with it?
I used to use Dazzle, but I found Premiere is a lot better. I also like to use After Effects, because you can produce a lot of amazing effects. You just have to learn how to use the program effectively. :D

nekochan
12-09-2002, 02:57 PM
wow.. all these programs sound so good.. all i have is crappy Windows Movie Maker. WHere did you get Premiere, and about how much was it?

ignats69
12-09-2002, 03:03 PM
The programs are a little complex, especially AE. I had to buy a book on how to use it.
Well, I didn't buy them. I got them off of MIRC. If you did buy them it would cost a lot of money.

I am also really interested in hearing other individual's views about making AMV's and the process they go through in creating one. Maybe I can learn something from someone else and create even better videos. I hope! :D

SpPANDA
12-10-2002, 09:23 AM
i rip dvds and edit them in premiere...

ChibiMoFo
12-16-2002, 04:53 PM
you didn't pimp my vids *cries*

So I'll have to do it :P

http://www.indifferentproductions.com/

SpPANDA
12-17-2002, 03:19 AM
[pimps my own videos]

http://www.sppanda.com