PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Groups -Random-ness!

Blade
05-09-2002, 05:25 PM
-How many people exactly are there here in Cosplay groups (and what is the name of YOUR cosplay groupie)?
-And how many don't have any?
-Those of you alone ~ Why are you going solo? And can I join in on cosplaying some costumes with you!? :crylaugh: *ish despret*

:cheers:

Philia Philis
05-09-2002, 05:48 PM
*raises hand* As previously mentioned, I'm solo! ^^ Why? Mainly 'cause the closest cosplayers I know live 45 minutes away and are pretty much completely uninterested in the costumes I would want them to do anyway. *sob*
Hey, I'm always looking for someone willing to go along with my sometimes odd cosplay ideas! Muahaha! I have a taste for characters/series that are on the unappreciated/obscure side, which makes me less popular, I guess, but more original. XD

Blade
05-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Wai! ^___^ Coolies. What kinds of series did you have in mind?

Philia Philis
05-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Wellll, let's seeee..... *think think* You'll notice that most of these are RPG characters, which are pretty much all I like doing. XD Anywho....

SUIKODEN! XD

Yes, it seems there are hordes of people doing Suikoden 2, but there are veeery few Suikoden 1 cosplayers. (Not counting all the McDohls.) There are very good reasons for this, of course, such as the character design and art being far better in Suikoden 2. XD But still! Most Suikoden 1 outfits are pretty simplistic.... you'd think I'd have more luck at convincing people to do them. ^^;;; *shrug*

Also, Tales of Destiny (or any Tales game for that matter), Thousand Arms, *thinks some more*....

Ooh, Arslan would be awesome, as Rosiel and I are currently plotting to do those sometime. ^^

Don't worry, I'll think of more. Oh, yes. I will. XD

Blade
05-09-2002, 06:24 PM
oOo! Do you have any links with some good pictures of the characters or something? I'm willing to make just about ANY costume from just about any series. I just need some other people to let me string along with them. If you have any ideas for a character you think I could cosplay just tell me and I'll check it out! ^_~ It's all good!

Philia Philis
05-09-2002, 06:58 PM
*___* SERIOUSLY?

Ohohohohoho~
Oh boy, do I have some ideas for you then. *cackles evilly*

It would be good to see a piccy of you and let me know your height and stuff is so I can find ya a good chara. ^^ And are you okay with wearing wigs? And strange things? 'Cause the one Suikoden chara I REALLY want to find is....
MILICH! MILICH! MILICH!
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/229/milichoppenheimer01.gif
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/229/milichoppenheimer05.gif
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/229/milichoppenheimer02.gif

I actually know a couple of people who are considering doing the costume, but it's unlikely either of them will. ;_; It'd be hilarious if all three of you ended up doing it and there were triplet Milichs walking around. Oh my goodness, that would be sooo scary! :rofl:

But, if you don't like Milich, just take a look around here: http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/
The Suikoden 1 ones are REALLY easy to tell from the Suikoden 2 ones because the styles are way different. Of course, Suikoden costumes from ANY of the games are good. ^__^

Here are Tales of Destiny pictures: http://www.anime-underground.com/anime/tod.html
The costume I have is the girl with the white dress and green hair. I would sooo love to find a Woodrow, but everyone seems to be very much daunted by the armor. ;_;

I'll find some more galleries with interesting characters you could do. *nodnod* ^^ I think the Suikoden/ToD ones will keep you occupied for a bit though. Hehe...

Philia Philis
05-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Rosiel:
Yeah, I'm trying to get groups together for all of my characters. Most of the time, I just walked around alone, but I got to be in a Thousand Arms group with Mappy and Maryssa last year, and it was sooooo much better than being by myself. ^^

OOH, that reminds me. Blade, think you might be interested in doing a T.M.Revolution costume? ^___^

Ali-kun
05-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey, I'm always looking for someone willing to go along with my sometimes odd cosplay ideas! Muahaha! I have a taste for characters/series that are on the unappreciated/obscure side, which makes me less popular, I guess, but more original. XD

Someday you will manage to conscript me to cosplay with you, Erin ^^;;
Like, when I have time to create it and then go to ___-con so that we can actually, yanno, BE a group ;P

Alas, for I too merely glomm onto whatever group of people happens to be convenient ^_^;

Blade
05-09-2002, 07:30 PM
:eek: *speechless at the long list of characters on this site*
^-^;;; Oh well. *looks through ALL of them*

*time passes*......*more time passes*......

d00d! I found one one I can SO pull off! http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/66/eilie01.gif Whoa, this is scary I just bought new black bike shorts. I can just alter them slightly and... wal-la! ^_^ I can do this.

Anyways, you wanted to know my height? I'm 5'7" to 5'8" depending on which pair of boots I wear. ^_^

> Philia Philis: And are you okay with wearing wigs? And strange things?

Yup! I am ready to wear just about anything! :) Even costumes of guys... not buff guys because I'm slinder *shows picture of Rei in Plug suit* like that.

> Rosiel: Never say things like that around me. LOL
I am a lone cosplayer who is always scrounging up groups of people into makeshift "cosplay groups" for cons.

Uh... oh? ^_^; But like I said before: "I'm willing to make just about ANY costume from just about any series." And that is no lie. ^-^;
Like I said before!

> Philia Philis: Blade, think you might be interested in doing a T.M.Revolution costume?

Sure! Send me a linkie and I'll see what I can do! ^-^

---{@ Lady Blade *still wondering what she's gotten herself into*

Philia Philis
05-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Ooooh, tall! I should find some bishounen costumes for you, then! ^___^

How about Shuuuuuuuuu? Heeeeeeeee....
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/293/shu01.gif

But Eilie would be very cool, too! ^^ Yay Suikoden!
I'm actually pretty surprised I've never seen anyone do Rina or Eilie before (except Japanese cosplayers).

I'll find a good TMR for you to do. ^__^ If I can find a picture of it online.... *starts looking*

Blade
05-10-2002, 01:06 PM
:juggler: Oh goddess, I have SO many costumes I'm working on right now. I don't think any of these should be a problem for me to piece together since I'm going to be finishing up the four other costumes I've been working on, this weekend. So, that means I can start these ones up right away! :razz: Keep the ideas a flowin'.

---{@ Lady Blade

Adella
05-12-2002, 07:08 PM
well.. we haven't thought of a name.. but my friend Kitty and I are gonna do cosplay duo stuff... O.o

Babbit_Chan
05-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Mm Uka and I are part of Yuuki (Courage) Cosplay aside from our own little cosplay duos (i.e. Usyagi duo XD).

Adella
05-13-2002, 06:02 AM
Yep Iknow. I added your site and the Yuuki site to our links database this morning. Glad to have you on board Babbit-chan! Didn't even know you'd heard of this place :)

Babbit_Chan
05-13-2002, 09:43 AM
Whee people know we exist *-* I forget where I picked up the link - maybe M:C?? I dunno...

Ukayoru no Chou
05-13-2002, 05:42 PM
aiie- we are know babbit-chan!! ^___^!!! *glomps-does happy dance* whee-~ Thats so cool- *waves to aeirs-with random glomping* hi hi-.
Being in a group is fun...but the only annoying thing I can think of is at the moment, trying to find a show with just enough people, or just enough extra, or one with someone who everyone likes...
or having more girls that boys..[ 1 boy in total...outaa like...5 girls..o_o ]
Oh well~ keeps the con loneliness away! XD ;)

Rosiel
05-13-2002, 05:59 PM
> or having more girls that boys..[ 1 boy in total...outaa like...5 girls..o_o ]

I call it "Takarazuka cosplay". (Takarazuka theatre = all women theatre/musical troupe in Japan)

My Suikoden group at Katsucon was /all/ girls, over half of them cross-dressing. My Angel Sanctuary one had our token male Lucifer, everyone else crossdressing.

It's not that hard to make a tall girl into a believable guy... unless you need a really muscular man... and there are so many skinny ones in anime you can manage to avoid them. ^___^

Legato/Machan
05-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Blade
-How many people exactly are there here in Cosplay groups (and what is the name of YOUR cosplay groupie)?
-Those of you alone ~ Why are you going solo? And can I join in on cosplaying some costumes with you!? :crylaugh: *ish despret*

Well, this year I will go with a group (well, it will be my first time cosplaying, so I'll go w/ a group).
But maybe in my future cosplay I'll go solo.
My first cosplay will be the Midvalley Hornfreak, trigun. Here in Brazil we got (not exatly a group) but kind of a community where some people make groups to go to the conventions. This year thei are making Trigun group, since I play sax I will go as a Midvalley.
I don't know about you from US or Canada. Do you have big groups of cosplay?

Kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys

Legato/Machan

Babbit_Chan
05-14-2002, 06:07 AM
A community is cool =D *jealous* I don't know where all the anime lovers are in my city - must wait till high school muahahaha! Mm it sort of varies on group size? I've seen duos, trios, quartets, and so on.

peacecraft
05-14-2002, 12:24 PM

I'm in a group. Our membership is not really static, but we fluctuate between 3 and 7 people or so. We were about to go with the name CosRey based on where we lived, but we're about to switch towns, so I don't know if the name'll stick.

Blade
05-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Oh cool! ^_^ People are actually replying to the questions I had at the beginning of this thread! Hehe.

> Legato/Machan: Well, this year I will go with a group (well, it will be my first time cosplaying, so I'll go w/ a group).

That's cool. I hope you enjoy cosplaying. It's so much fun. What convention will you be attending to?

> peacecraft: We were about to go with the name CosRey based on where we lived, but we're about to switch towns, so I don't know if the name'll stick.

Awh, I'm sorry to hear that. I liked that name for a cosplay group - clever by the way. I hope your cosplay group finds a new name if that one does stick.

---{@ Lady Blade :devil:

Legato/Machan
05-15-2002, 06:28 PM
> Legato/Machan: Well, this year I will go with a group (well, it will be my first time cosplaying, so I'll go w/ a group).

That's cool. I hope you enjoy cosplaying. It's so much fun. What convention will you be attending to?

I'll attend the Animecon (anime convention). I'ts the biggest in the coutry, I think in whole south america. Last year there was 13.800 people in 3 days.

Kisses for the girls and hug for the boys

Ranma Saotome
05-15-2002, 06:56 PM
My group? BAAF Cosplayers! :) We have about 45 members, most in the NYC tri-state area.

We met at BAAF (Big Apple Anime Fest). We started hanging out and decided to name ourselves after the con, since we did meet there. ^^

Ayaka
05-15-2002, 09:00 PM
I am currently a cosplay group of one. Well, my website is called Vigilante Anime, therefore my music video "studio" is called Studio Vigilante, therefore my cosplay "group" is Cosplay Vigilante (or maybe Vigilante Cosplay...). And if I ever have other people in it, I'll say it's like the Lone Gunmen being three people. lol. *shrug* More likely I'll join someone else's group at some point.

Babbit_Chan
05-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Lordy.... Ranma's BAAF's gots 45?!?!!? *dies* LOL j/k

Ukayoru no Chou
05-18-2002, 11:09 AM
and to think babbit-chan, I was complaining about us..xD go BAAF

w00t! *runs away to make a new post somewhere..in a glaxy..far..FAR..away..*

...>>;

Babbit_Chan
05-18-2002, 11:37 AM
lol... did i hear star wars from uka-chan o_O?

tsukinohime
05-20-2002, 07:31 AM
TnH's two cents:
I'm a loner ;_; All the cosplay people around me seem to have their own groups already. ^^;

Kenshin Ken
05-20-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm usually a loner ^^; but I tend to group up with fellow cosplayers once in awhile.

Speaking of female-male ratio of cosplay groups..I got a feeling that our suikoden group will end up being a 1:5 ratio. * points to himself* me, and one other buddy of mine seem to be the only male suikdoen cosplayers...as far as I know of anyway ^^;; there's gotta be more.

Third-child
05-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Well... I have between 3 and 6 depending on how many freinds want in on the costume group.

:-) No name really. We have not been able to come up with one.

kelldar
05-20-2002, 01:11 PM
me!! we don't really have a name, tho our website is called lazy eternity (which comes from magnetic poetry... :D). I guess we should come up with a name. there's 3 of us plus two sort-of honorary members.

shiroi_yukiko
05-20-2002, 01:17 PM
The best thing for people who need a cosplay group to do is to force their way into an existing one! It really works! I let people into mine all the time when we need more people (which we usually do)!

(hi ho phila_philis, it's yuki/catsyspacecake, i remembered to post here at last!)

yuki
http://asphodel.pitas.com
http://www.geocities.com/shiroi_yukiko/ingenue

Philia Philis
05-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Wai wai wai! Yuuukiiii! *gives her a Peppermint Pattie* :D

Muahaha! Erin's gonna force her way into Yuki's cosplay group at Jrock Con! Bwahahahahaha! ^___^

Mei Lan Chang
05-27-2002, 09:24 PM
I am very very much alone, but do not wish to be. I will be going to the University of Arizona and I want other Cosplayers to be there!!!

Nadeshiko
05-27-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm in Illusions cosplay. It's based in Chicago. I live all the way in SoCal. We're very much on/off. Some of us do duo cosplays. It's mainly Sora and I rather than the 5 of us who do actual group cosplays. So I'm pretty much half and half.

I don't mind going solo for certain Cali cons. I know I have been invited to partake in cosplay groups' skits if they need another person. Others have invited me for duo cosplays. It's always nice to have to do a duo every now and then. ^^v

As far as anime groups, I've done...

Gary's Cheerleaders w/ IPlay
TV Utena and Anthy w/ Sora
Kare Kano...w/ a certain ex. Long story why it never went thru. I just changed and went as Mahorin for the heck of it. *lol*
Senshi Princesses w/ Sora (look for us at AX!)
Rival Schools Project Justice w/ Albert

Hopefully a friend (he's not really into anime, but he will be at AX) could be my partner for my secret costume. I'll do whatever it takes to get him to cosplay....*lol* I'm prolly going to do Evangelion w/ Sora and Poli (as Shinji). Whatever turns up in the future. ^.~

Tenshi
05-27-2002, 10:55 PM
I'm not in any group, but I'm involved in/was involved in some one-shot groups.

My Celes costume was made only because my bf at the time and I wanted to do some sort of couple cosplay for AX01. He ended up doing Locke. Since I don't like Locke and Celes as a couple, looks like the cosplay was prophetic :thumbsup: .

At AX02 there's going to be an Atelier Elie group organized by Pyxie. I'm doing Flea. I've never played the game, I know nothing about the character, but hey, it's fun to be in a group XD.

(While I'm here. . .::shameless plug:: Anyone wanna be in the Atelier Elie group for AX02? Pick a character here (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/atelier/ae/ae.html). I believe only Flea, Romague, Julika, and Marie are taken ^_^ ::/shameless plug:: )

Lastly, my cousin should be doing Ryoko for AX02, and her friend Tenchi. Neither of them are doing battle costumes, but we should still look cute together ^_^.

Medellia
06-04-2002, 05:05 PM
I have no cosplay group *pout* There aren't that many cosplayers up around Seattle, I find the majority live -around- Seattle as opposed to in it =P

Ina
06-04-2002, 05:32 PM
me? i'm in Yuuki!!! ^o^

Ayaka
06-04-2002, 05:35 PM
I obviously wasn't paying enough attention while reading this . . . there's a cosplay group based in Chicago? Huh.

Speaking of things I didn't know - there's an Atelier Elie game? I only knew of the manga. I've been considering doing cosplay from that for a while . . . but probably couldn't make anything fast enough (okay, CHEAP enough) except one of the fairies, and they're not in the game. (That's just wrong! T-T)

Ranma Saotome
06-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Lordy.... Ranma's BAAF's gots 45?!?!!? *dies* LOL j/k

Yeah! About 20 - 25 are in NYC! :) And we accept members from all across the country! :)

pookie-kun
06-04-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm not in a cosplay group.. in fact I'm pretty new to the whole cosplay thing ^^; just did my first Visual Kei type character at AZ.

I'm always open to new things though and a cosplay group would be lots of fun ^^; I'm not very good at making my costumes yet, however..

A bunch of my friends are doing Dir en Grey at Otakon, but I don't think they have a part for me.. and even if they did I don't have enough time to make one of their costumes! *sigh*

Nadeshiko
06-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Yup there is! Mainly because most of the members live in the area. I'm the only SoCal member. It's very on and off for the most part...

shiroi_yukiko
06-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by pookie-kun
I'm not in a cosplay group.. in fact I'm pretty new to the whole cosplay thing ^^; just did my first Visual Kei type character at AZ.

I'm always open to new things though and a cosplay group would be lots of fun ^^; I'm not very good at making my costumes yet, however..

A bunch of my friends are doing Dir en Grey at Otakon, but I don't think they have a part for me.. and even if they did I don't have enough time to make one of their costumes! *sigh*

I demand that you take pictures! *cough* Sorry, but I love Dir cosplay. I'll be doing some of that myself next year (and seeing the real thing in the mean time *falls over* twice!) at Jrockcon! Yay! BUT, hey, if anyone goes to that con and wants to be Kaoru my group (Philia included!) needs one. It's one of his more complicated outfits and we're insane about perfection (especially HAIR) but the spot is open...:D

Tenshi
06-04-2002, 09:04 PM
About Atelier Elie:

Yeah, there's three games in the Atelier series. I've read a little bit of the manga (that's where I got the pictures for my cosplay page layout *_*). Hee hee, I was actually thinking about making a fairy plushie to carry around while in the group, but the real thing would be even cuter! Don't worry, if anyone's played the game, they're most likely Japanese, since there's no English translation ::sob sob::.

Ayaka
06-04-2002, 10:11 PM
I've probably seen members of this Chicago cosplay group at ACen. ^^ lol but I know a couple of other people who cosplay, and they didn't know there was one either.

On Etelier - AH! It was your site with the fairies, I couldn't remember. Well, I'm not very short - 5'6". But if I have time, I'll do one of the fairies. ^^ I want a hat like that . . .!

Michi
06-04-2002, 10:29 PM
I've got a duet with my friend Van called Masked Angel... We haven't done all too much together, though. Asuka and Kaji, Utena and Touga, Juuhachi Gou and Juunana Gou, Akane and Aburatsubo.. ^_^; So it's nothing super official that we HAVE to pair up every con.
I tried to gather a cosplay group with my local friends to premiere at Fanime, but SO many of them couldn't make it that I gave up. =/

So generally, I'm solo and join up with whoever. :D