View Full Version : Adult Swim stuff

Cassandra
12-03-2002, 10:12 AM
http://media.aoltimewarner.com/media/press_view.cfm?release_num=55252908

Woah. Trigun on Adult Swim?

KuroBara
12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
*scraping jaw off floor*

Good for them! Trigun is a great acquisition for Adult Swim. Has anyone heard more about them airing .hack//SIGN starting in Feb.?

psythe
12-03-2002, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure SOMEONE is going to air .hack//SIGN seeing as the game was supposed to come out in the fall but got moved to Feb.

Celine
12-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Dude! They are going to be showing Futurama! That will make everyone I know super happy. But... why haven't they cut Bebop yet?? It's been on forever. ^^

Oshi
12-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Because Bebop is so damn good.

So, yeah, W00T!!! Trigun, Reign, Lupin the 3rd, and .hack//SIGN coming to Adult Swim? This is so gonna rock... finally they'll cut out some of those gundam shows... heheh....
...but, what's Reign? o.o

Oh, just answered my own question...
Alexander the Great was the world's most powerful warrior. Reign is a 21st century science-fiction retelling of the legend of this Macedonian king. A visual masterpiece, Reign tells the story of Alexander's's triumphs through engaging characters, intricate plots and glorious battle sequences.

Sounds fun o.o;;

psythe
12-03-2002, 11:53 AM
Reign is being released by Tokyopop in the states as far as DVD's go. just fyi.

Cassandra
12-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Yeah. The only "problem" is that Adult Swim will be moving to weekday nights instead of Saturday nights. So the working class people, like myself, won't really get to watch it.

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 12:18 PM
SEALAB 2021!!!!!

"there's not enough air in here for... [pant pant] MY LUNGS ARE IMPLODING!"

Babbit_Chan
12-03-2002, 12:25 PM
OMFG. Trigun?! I need my cable back!!!

K_Valentine
12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Any idea which Lupin the 3rd is planned for Adult Swim?

Very good of Cartoon Network to get those series.

Recca-kun
12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SpPANDA
SEALAB 2021!!!!!

"there's not enough air in here for... [pant pant] MY LUNGS ARE IMPLODING!" Yeah, I usually just watch Adult Swim for Sealab and Space Ghost. ^_^; The new shows are cool, though.

Cassandra
12-03-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by K_Valentine

I'm assuming the (second) TV series since Pioneer licensed that fairly recently. Though, I suppose they could play some of the movies that Funimation licensed....

Morbius
12-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by SpPANDA
SEALAB 2021!!!!!

"there's not enough air in here for... [pant pant] MY LUNGS ARE IMPLODING!"

OMG! that show is really funny sometimes. Gotta love the animation quality. hehe

SpPANDA
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Morbius
OMG! that show is really funny sometimes. Gotta love the animation quality. hehe

best show ever!

Celine
12-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Wow, other people like Sealab?? XD I'm shocked!! I always watch it, because it's just a few minutes of pure insanity. I can only tolerate such stupidity in really small quantities, but I think it's darned funny. Hehe.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-03-2002, 03:57 PM
I usually watch the saturday adult swim and c'mon, don't diss Gundam..at least the original TV series. I stay up hella late just to watch it..

Deathscythe
12-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Trigun will not fly. I smell some controversy when good ol' Nicholas D. Wolfwood shows up. And if not, then more power to CN.

As for Lupin. Hmmm.........I'll just get the DVD's. Uncut and Japanese with sub's.

I'm suprised nobody is gunning for the rights to Neon Genesis Evangelion. *laughs* The kids would LOVE it!

Carmila
12-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Ureshi!!! Ureshi!!!

*jumps up in the air* It is about time they showed something decent!

Morbius
12-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Gotta love Oblongs (sp?).

Tenshi
12-03-2002, 06:16 PM
COOL! Now I get to finish watching Trigun :: snuggles Cartoon Network ::. And yeah, Sealab 2021 is hilarious. I always forget it's on, though ^^;;.

Chimera_Zero
12-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Don't forget the Brak Show. *Used to watch Cartoon Planet when he was younger* ^^

Celine
12-03-2002, 08:24 PM
Oh, and Space Ghost! Sure, sometimes it is seriously lacking any coherency, but some episodes are amazing. Like the one guest starring Bjork. And the one with the chefs, like Yan. Heh.

"Shalom! Yo estoy Space Ghost!"

penultimate03
12-03-2002, 08:36 PM
I love the Space Ghost with Bjork!

"I got a present for you honey, it's buried in the backyard, why don't you go find it?"

I've seen that one so many times. I've got a permanent Space Ghost keychain on my keys, for he amuses me so. Haha ^_^

SleepingKirby
12-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by K_Valentine

And people dissed Cartoon Network... :p (sorry, couldn't help it.)

Probably the original. I'm pretty sure that Lupin 3rd was picked up by TokyoPop too.(if memory serves me right. But those AX days were kind of a whirl. WHEEE!!!! :D) Between Reign and Lupin 3rd, It's probably a bundle pack. Although I don't like it myself... Initial D? I hope Cartoon Network gets GTO soon (says a little Kirby prayer.)

Ayaka
12-04-2002, 07:23 PM
It's annoying, the move to weeknights. I don't go to bed when I should anyway, so I'll probably stay up to watch, but it is annoying. I liked having Sat nights be my little anime watching time.

I'm amazed about the Trigun announcement though. I guess I should have taken that possible opportunity to be a college rep for CN.

And I hope they don't take Bebop off the air until they run ALL the episodes! But that's just my personal mini-crusade against censoring. lol. Though, if they touch Trigun, you better believe I won't be alone in that crusade. Thanks to the wonders of digital editing, the good guy's weapons will now fire "love and peace" in the shape of little hearts out the end . . .

videogirlc
12-04-2002, 09:27 PM
I want my cable back.

soshi
12-04-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm not impressed. now we'll just get an influx of "I've seen Trigun, I'm an OTAKU!" fans, like we did with Bebop. I *FEAR* visiting my old highschool now, because when I go see the comics and animation club that I started (now just "the anime club" -_-), it's full of cable dub-only fans who think they know everything about Japanese pop culture because they're so damn cool and stay up late to watch badly dubbed and cut anime. >_<

narf.

KANEDA
12-04-2002, 11:44 PM
right on man!!!
seriously, I remember wayyy wayy wayy back when...
if you were into anime it was because you were really dedicated..
and it was like a cult back then. cons only had maybe 1000 people show up.. AND they were always the same faces.

AND then...we got a few shitty shows on U.S television and the door opened for 12 year olds to say they are "otaku" and I dunno what I'm talking about!!!

I'm harder than you, kid!
I am KANEDA!!!!

Luna Shields
12-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Cassandra
Yeah. The only "problem" is that Adult Swim will be moving to weekday nights instead of Saturday nights. So the working class people, like myself, won't really get to watch it. Whoa, whoa whoa! Rewind and freez for a moment their. Adult swim I thought was already on weekdays, just the anime shows were on saterday. If the anime is really changeing to weekdays dose anyone know when this will happen? Second, their not getting rid of Inuyasha are they?! :confused:

Cassandra
12-05-2002, 12:51 PM
It's Midnight Run that's on during the week. I think it's in like January or something that the big Adult Swim is supposed to happen.

And from what I remember, Inu Yasha will still be on the lineup.

Edit: Here's the blurb from Anime News Network:
Cartoon Network announced in a press release today that, starting on Sunday, January 12th, 2003 Cartoon Network's mature programming block (TV-14), Adult Swim, will air 5 days a week, Sunday through Thursday, from 11pm to 1am. Monday through Thursday, the second hour, from midnight to 1am, will be dedicated to the Anime shows Inu Yasha and Cowboy Bebop.

Luna Shields
12-05-2002, 12:56 PM
As long as they don't get rid of Inuyasha they can do whatever they want. :bouncer:

Babbit_Chan
12-05-2002, 05:39 PM
That would be stupid for them to cut Inuyasha ^^;

Momoko
12-05-2002, 10:33 PM
I hate how Cartoon Network is taking good anime and displaying it to kids and stuff. Sure, let it be dubbed, but on Cartoon Network??? Grrrrr......

Celine
12-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Actually, a bunch of it is on Adult Swim... which isn't for kids. And, there is plenty of anime which is geared at the same audience as regular CN viewers, so it's not that strange... ^^

fireyoukai16
12-23-2002, 10:14 AM
I don't go to bed when I should anyway, so I'll probably stay up to watch, but it is annoying. I liked having Sat nights be my little anime watching time. Mee too!

I checked the CN schedule and it said when they change the Adult Swim ot weekdays, Saturdays would be Zoids and stuff--:sulk: I can't stay up that late on weekdays, knowing that I already nearly fall asleep at school.

Ohh! I better get to watch Inuyasha and some more anime:angry:

Chiri
12-24-2002, 04:27 PM
O.O! Yesh! ::confetti::

-chiri :D

KaineMaxwell
12-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Sealab and Harvey Birdman are my favs actually.

Radical Urd
12-25-2002, 08:46 PM
WAH!!! Harvey Birdman Attorney at law!! Is SOOO funny!! My favorite epi was how Dr Quest and Race Bannon were 'life partners' ooo and Yabba Dabba Don when Fred Flinstone waas tried for dealing with the mob. I'm sorry when they were in the strip club and Fred got that bra thrown on his head was so funny. That and Soyourweinnie was on there the Japanese band. I love it when they spoke Japanese. but as for Trigun I knew that long time ago, i also heard something about Magic Knights Rayearth being on TV too. *shrugs*

Anime_kidd2k2
12-27-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
Because Bebop is so damn good.

So, yeah, W00T!!! Trigun, Reign, Lupin the 3rd, and .hack//SIGN coming to Adult Swim? This is so gonna rock... finally they'll cut out some of those gundam shows... heheh....
[/i]

yeah! go bebop! me and my freind are cowboy bebop maniacs. and i always make fun of him because we like quiz each other and he doesnt know eds full name and i do (ha ha sean :P)

and im excited bout trigun, since i only had time to get the 1st dvd (and the money ^_^;) so these other ones sound good, but triguns gonna rule XD