PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt and Mariotte

Xel
07-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Both of these hotels still have rooms. I called and confirmed this today.

(It was rumoured that they were all booked..so Im distilling that myth)

Ravien
07-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Both of these hotels still have rooms. I called and confirmed this today.

(It was rumoured that they were all booked..so Im distilling that myth)

Rooms are cancelled around this time of year, so whereas rooms may have been full before, they may now be available because people's plans have changed.

That's how I got the room at the Hyatt last year right before con ;)

This year I planned in advance though and got my room in January. It was a nightmare calling daily hoping on a cancellation.

aaobuttons
07-12-2004, 12:54 PM
It might be booked for the general public. Last year they said they were booked until I said I was going to be there for DragonCon and then they said they had a room. I guess they were saving them for Con people.

Xel
07-12-2004, 01:24 PM
It might be booked for the general public. Last year they said they were booked until I said I was going to be there for DragonCon and then they said they had a room. I guess they were saving them for Con people.

rightey-o

from what both hotels told me, they reserved over 300 rooms apiece specifically for con go-ers

if you call and try to get a room for the dates you may not get a room as it maybe booked (many con goers just got rooms without mentioning dragoncon so the place may fill up)

However because there are a set number of rooms reserved for dragon con, and rumours spread about there not being any rooms, there comes a lot of confusion.

But yes, deffly ask them for a room for dragon con instead of just the dates.

SirYvaine
07-26-2004, 10:01 AM
I just called and booked a room at the Hyatt today so there are still rooms open. In addition, I'll be there by myself this year so if there is anybody that wants to split a room with me to cut down on cost please let me know.

Xel
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I just called and booked a room at the Hyatt today so there are still rooms open. In addition, I'll be there by myself this year so if there is anybody that wants to split a room with me to cut down on cost please let me know.

Actually, some of my film group are still looking for someone to share a room with. Drop me an email.

SirYvaine
07-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Actually, some of my film group are still looking for someone to share a room with. Drop me an email.

Sounds good Xel. I tried emailing you and it said you don't except emails so send me an or a private message, I think I have it set up to except emails. Now back to moving.

Masami
08-08-2004, 09:13 PM
I think all the hotels are sold out ... ;-; So I guess my friends and I don't have a room >D I kinda wanted one.. since it's just easier access.. but..

Admin
08-09-2004, 04:52 AM
I was able to still get a room at the Marriott yesterday, so they may have some rooms left after all.

Ragresen
08-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Admin good choice on Hotel to stay at. Not knocking the Hyatt, but their 5 elevators become a get on if you can when the door opens and ride it both directions to get to your room during the con. The Marriott is definatly better in that reguard. With 4 elevators accessing floors 1 through 15 and then 4 more going to 16 to like 28 and 4 more doing like 28 to 39 and the last 4 going all the way up. Kinda makes it easier on folks, but it is a bit confuseing to learn what ones go where the first time.

Aleathia Burns
08-09-2004, 11:38 AM
:jjacks: Hey guys if you can't get a room on time check out the neighboring hotels close to the con area cuz I got a rooma at the Mariote Fairfeld for 82.00 a night and threy have a Dragon Con rate!!! Hey you may have to walk up 2 blocks tothe con, but it is cheaper and if you can not get a room on time at least you have some where to stay so check it out if the host hotels are booked. :love: :bigtu: