PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just want to have a quick meet at 05?

Katu Fushigi
07-10-2004, 09:09 PM
I was just thinking, we don't just have to do the FF7 group...we could have a group for everyone, just to hang out and make friends.

Anyone like my idea?

Finding Beauty
07-11-2004, 12:18 AM
I was just thinking, we don't just have to do the FF7 group...we could have a group for everyone, just to hang out and make friends.

Anyone like my idea?

Sounds like a prime idea to me. Maybe pick a location for a bit of a pre-con get together ... that way we'll all know who's from the forums and who's not -- without having to involve anything like wearing ribbons to identify ourselves and all.

Bishie-Cloud
07-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Sounds great to me....
sorry about the FF7 thing....it was just kinda an idea I had seeing as it's my favorite game and I've never seen a huge FF7 cosplay group.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Sounds GREAT to me! I have only one anime friend and we go to the con and get bored of each other sometimes...so we need new friends :) Any guys wanna hook up with me? JUST KIDDING

Asjova
07-12-2004, 04:33 PM
capital idea

Katu Fushigi
07-14-2004, 11:00 PM
We should meet in that little resturaunt off the lobby. I love the pizza there.

Finding Beauty
07-14-2004, 11:35 PM
We should meet in that little resturaunt off the lobby. I love the pizza there.

That sounds good. (I had a salad there -- couldn't finish it, because I was sick most of Friday night and thusly didn't have much of an appetite Saturday morning.) I wonder if we could even book the restaurant for an unofficial cosplay.com meet. Yanno, maybe get them to push some tables together for us, go around and have introductions. :D

QuickSilver
07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Thats actually a great idea; we went by that place for pizza one night we were there, and they were out of pizza. -_-;

Katu Fushigi
07-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh, ze Katu will make SURE there is pizza. PIZZA MAKES THE CONGOERS HAPPY! We can always riot if they don't have the pizza, right? We have pointy props and sake ninjas!!

Edit: Oh~ We need a time, huh? Well, how many people are gonna be there saturday-sunday?

Finding Beauty
07-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh, ze Katu will make SURE there is pizza. PIZZA MAKES THE CONGOERS HAPPY! We can always riot if they don't have the pizza, right? We have pointy props and sake ninjas!!

Edit: Oh~ We need a time, huh? Well, how many people are gonna be there saturday-sunday?

Pointy props that, alas, whilst pointy, probably cannot withstand blunt force.

As for a time, I plan to be there Thursday to Sunday. A pre-con gathering Thursday night might be fun -- I'll be getting there Thursday but I'm not necessarily interested in most of the pre-con events, if this year's are any gauge of what will happen next.

EnigmaticAngst
07-18-2004, 02:57 PM
As I'll be with Finding Beauty ... works for me.

Finding Beauty
07-19-2004, 02:33 PM
As I'll be with Finding Beauty ... works for me.

Naturally. I want to go bowling Thursday night. Seeing a bunch of people in costume bowling would be amusing ... we could have Shin-Ra vs. AVALANCHE teams. And, yes, I AM a big nerd.

The question is, which side would Vincent be on?

EnigmaticAngst
07-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Naturally. I want to go bowling Thursday night. Seeing a bunch of people in costume bowling would be amusing ... we could have Shin-Ra vs. AVALANCHE teams. And, yes, I AM a big nerd.

The question is, which side would Vincent be on?

ShinRa. Because I said so.

And bowling as ShinRa would be great ... or as Kassy suggested, the Turks playing pool. I would cheat, naturally.

Katu Fushigi
07-21-2004, 11:03 AM
ShinRa. Because I said so.

And bowling as ShinRa would be great ... or as Kassy suggested, the Turks playing pool. I would cheat, naturally.

For the love of Vincent, take pictures~ I doubt I'll even be able to get there on Friday. I say we should meet up on Saturday.

AnimesChild65
08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I could be there Friday night...if anyone wants to talk to a poor, extremely young(13), cosplayer like myself. (i'm going as Sango on friday, which isnt so noticable, but I'm going as Sweet Gothic Lolita Alice on Saturday...you'll kno its me :)

RumikosFan
10-06-2004, 09:49 PM
i got an account! ahh...yeah. Katu Fushigi, i remeber you! you sat near the exit with a girl that coplayed sango on the third day of the con! we tried to talk you guys into giving us your kirara plushies!

Chukkie
10-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I'll try and make it if it's Fri-Sun.

Katu Fushigi
10-16-2004, 05:05 PM
i got an account! ahh...yeah. Katu Fushigi, i remeber you! you sat near the exit with a girl that coplayed sango on the third day of the con! we tried to talk you guys into giving us your kirara plushies!

I remember you! Hiiiiii!!!

mastertaco
10-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Assuming I can work out way to go,
I'll definately come assuming it's Fri-Sun
When and where are you doing Cosplaying bowling? That would be awesome to watch :thumbsup:

Finding Beauty
10-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Assuming I can work out way to go,
I'll definately come assuming it's Fri-Sun
When and where are you doing Cosplaying bowling? That would be awesome to watch :thumbsup:

That will probably happen Thursday night, because there's really not much to interest our group on Thursday night, but we're all planning to be there then. Haven't decided on a place.

tekla
10-19-2004, 09:17 AM
The ribbon idea might be a good idea for those who can't make it to the "meeting" itself. It would be easy to recognize other forum members while we're out roaming and the wandering the con. Maybe a purple ribbon? ( trying to think of a color that won't get confused with the other pinned ribbons people wear..i.e yellow, red, pink). I plan on going but probably won't get there until friday.
And if people ask about the ribbon, it gives a bit of attention to the site :razz:

Finding Beauty
10-19-2004, 10:37 AM
The ribbon idea might be a good idea for those who can't make it to the "meeting" itself. It would be easy to recognize other forum members while we're out roaming and the wandering the con. Maybe a purple ribbon? ( trying to think of a color that won't get confused with the other pinned ribbons people wear..i.e yellow, red, pink). I plan on going but probably won't get there until friday.
And if people ask about the ribbon, it gives a bit of attention to the site :razz:

A purple ribbon stands for Lupus and Fibromyalgia awareness, and a variation of it for general cancer awareness (though I think those are more lavenderish). There's pretty much a ribbon for everything, I think -- pink (breast cancer), teal (ovarian), gold (childhood cancer ... yes, really), blue (colon cancer), orange (leukemia), silver (brain tumor), silver with a red pin (diabetes), light blue (prostate cancer), red (AIDS), even black is for September 11. x_x; And of course most people know yellow.

What if we attached something to our lanyards or badges? In most cases, the badges need to be visible anyway (I tried tucking mine in my jacket and had someone with a sword accost me and ask if I was a "poor cosplayer" who hadn't paid for the con), and it would stand out a little more than searching individual cosplayers for their ribbon.

Hey, maybe we could use colored lanyards.

Sh!bby
10-19-2004, 02:29 PM
What if we attached something to our lanyards or badges? In most cases, the badges need to be visible anyway (I tried tucking mine in my jacket and had someone with a sword accost me and ask if I was a "poor cosplayer" who hadn't paid for the con), and it would stand out a little more than searching individual cosplayers for their ribbon.

Hey, maybe we could use colored lanyards.

We could use red ones. That way some of us could use our AZ03 ones ^_^

Kilayi
10-19-2004, 07:56 PM
AZ04 we tied purple ribbon to our badges, I dun think you guys were on here to know about that though :P

and to make it extra noticable, we could use our red AZ03 lanyards plus a ribbon! XD
(they gave away a few this year too, till they ran out late Thursday)

Sh!bby
10-19-2004, 08:26 PM
AZ04 we tied purple ribbon to our badges, I dun think you guys were on here to know about that though :P

and to make it extra noticable, we could use our red AZ03 lanyards plus a ribbon! XD
(they gave away a few this year too, till they ran out late Thursday)

That's actually a really good idea. o.O

How many people have the red lanyards or access to one? If yah don't have one, you could just find a red lanyard XD

Chukkie
10-20-2004, 10:11 AM
this is going to sound dumb, but what is a lanyard?

Tri23
10-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Lanyard: A piece of thick cloth with a key-hook at the end.
The thing that attatches you to your badge.
http://www.tri23.dyndns.org/photos/sunday/sunday2/DSC00037.JPG

See those red things hanging around their necks? It's not a friendship necklace, it's a Lanyard!

Chukkie
10-21-2004, 01:01 PM
thank you.

Katu Fushigi
11-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Lanyards, lanyards, gonna buy some lanyards...XD

I think the ribbon stuff is a great idea.

Star_Angel
11-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Thurs would be cool, Ren. and I normaly come down after she gets out of school Thur.s afternoon anyways.

Prof Farnsworth
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, at AZ04, I was early in line, so I got one of the red ones. As for the purple ribbons mine was about 4 foot long, tied in twain to my badge. (that way it's more noticable :wave: :toothy: ) Thursday sounds good. And if anybody needs a ride to the bowling place, I can fit 6 in my car ( well, 5 & 1/2 really. You guys are familiar with the infamous front-middle seat, right? ^-^)

Goddess Cookie
11-07-2004, 06:24 PM
I plan to go all days and would love to join in on this lovely get together of cosplay and what-not!

Chukkie
11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I may or may not be coming on Thursday evening, depends on who all is coming and who I'll be bringing. But I'll definately be there Fri-Sun

quadrain61
11-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I should be there Thursday - Saturday, leave late saturday or sunday morning to the RCC, and then come back sometime Sunday late morning or early afternoon to finish off AZ hopefully.

The bowling idea sounds awesome, but I dunno where it is :X.

Finding Beauty
11-21-2004, 12:06 AM
I should be there Thursday - Saturday, leave late saturday or sunday morning to the RCC, and then come back sometime Sunday late morning or early afternoon to finish off AZ hopefully.

The bowling idea sounds awesome, but I dunno where it is :X.

Okay, basically ... the bowling thing stems from this.

In March of this year, I had a friend come visit. He and I and Enigmatic Angst went bowling together (putting in Hojo, Vincent, and Cid as our names on the scorecard thing), and they had great fun watching me bowl "like a nance" -- i.e., I was swaggering up to the lane ala Jack Sparrow ... 'cos I naturally run like a sissy.

Anyhow, we've wanted to repeat the bowling experience since then -- adding in friends who weren't there in March. So we figured if we all congregate together at Animazement (at least four of us, possibly more, though at this point it's pending -- two of the pending ones also enjoy "in character" bowling, having gone as Sirius and Snape from Harry Potter before ...) we should arrive Thursday night, and since there's not a lot to do pre-con, we could go out to dinner and bowling together -- then have the rest of the con to actually stay IN the hotel and enjoy the con events and eat takeout and all that because we'll be reluctant to leave.

We -- naturally -- decided it'd be the most fun to bowl as members of ShinRa, because ... people in suits bowling? xD They'd think we were some kind of freaky league. Anyhow, the idea got mentioned somewhere in the thread about having a quick meet of cosplay.com people -- and other people caught on and liked it.

So ... we haven't totally decided on a location yet. It's something I have to look into -- something close to the hotel would be ideal, something easy to find (where you don't have to loop around and around and -- you get the idea), and preferably something with billiards as well, since ... gotta have pictures of the Turks playing pool. =X

We could probably make better plans if I got an accurate gauge of how many people are interested. x_x;