PDA

View Full Version : "Gravitate" together in 05!!

QuickSilver
07-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Men! Fangirls! And all con-goers!
Lend me your... bunny ears! ^_^ Let those of us who love the beautiful yaoimen come together and at last share our common enjoyment of Gravitation! The time has come, the time is near ( well, not until next May) but sooth! Avast! and all that other crap! :razz:
Anywhoo, we need to come together. Because who doesn't love Gravi? Thats right, Gravi. The Few, the Gay, the Proud. ^ ~
So next year let us propose a meeting - a meeting of all those planning to cosplay (or just plain love on) Gravitation. A large cosplay group would be nice to have next year, so anyone interested?

nixxer
07-14-2004, 12:23 PM
I really shouldn't say anything cause Im so bad at planning a costume...then never getting it done....:thumbsup: but I want to cosplay Ryuichi sometime in my life! so why not say next AZ, if I get it done I'll gladly join you in gravi bliss. :)

Katu Fushigi
07-14-2004, 10:57 PM
....Could you use a creepy stalker? I'm gonna be a ninja! Shuichi~

QuickSilver
07-15-2004, 12:29 PM
YAY replies! *happy fanboy dance*

nixxer: Sounds great! what outfit would you plan on making?

Katu: (completely off subject but - hey! Miroku! I saw you at Animazement this year! *points* Hem. Sorry. Just felt like saying that. ^ ^
And oh yeah, creepy stalkers are always welcome! Oh by the way, I'm bringing my Kouga outfit next year and the boyfriend is bringing his Inu, maybe you could bring your Miroku again and we can dance and skip merrily down the halls? XD

I'm going to be doing concert Shu and Yuki next year (wierd, ne?) and my koi is going to be Ryuichi and puppy-Shu, and any additions are most welcome! Were trying to get some people so we can have a little photoshoot and possibly, if things go well, a skit.

Katu Fushigi
07-16-2004, 07:01 PM

Katu: (completely off subject but - hey! Miroku! I saw you at Animazement this year! *points* Hem. Sorry. Just felt like saying that. ^ ^
And oh yeah, creepy stalkers are always welcome! Oh by the way, I'm bringing my Kouga outfit next year and the boyfriend is bringing his Inu, maybe you could bring your Miroku again and we can dance and skip merrily down the halls? XD

I'm going to be doing concert Shu and Yuki next year (wierd, ne?) and my koi is going to be Ryuichi and puppy-Shu, and any additions are most welcome! Were trying to get some people so we can have a little photoshoot and possibly, if things go well, a skit.

SHU!!! *clingu!!* You have one creepy stalker. I have a year to get my friend into gravitation, then you shall have two.

I'll happily bring my Miroku costume again. And I'll get Kaylith [same friend mentioned above] to bring her Sango one.

IXArachneXI
07-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Just to let you guys know- me and my sister want to run a yaoi fan panel next next, but I'm still waiting to hear back from Animazement about it. I'll let you guys know what I find out!

nixxer
07-20-2004, 11:51 AM

I havent decided yet, I was thinking of the green shirt outfit he has...I know Im not doing that white frilly concert shirt, cause....Im not a guy and it just wouldnt work on me :thumbsup: I think I shall scan the net for images so I can get more outfit options.
ah, yay for crossplay...:D

QuickSilver
07-25-2004, 08:30 PM
YAY! lots of Inu and Gravi goodness! What more could you ask for? :bigtu:

Katu Fushigi
07-25-2004, 09:25 PM
YAY! lots of Inu and Gravi goodness! What more could you ask for? :bigtu:

What more...

What more...

OH! Yes, Printly goodness! I hope to have a table!

Renie
08-04-2004, 03:53 PM

I'm going as Sesshomaru next year, even thjough I already have a group...but oh well if ya need me :) i like gravitation....only on the third manga though, so I can't really say...really, that I like it bunches. so far it's pretty good. oh well, pm me. ttyl

Inamichan
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Y'know, I just decided to go to AZ this year (finally! been too long since the last time I went T_T), and I wasn't planning on taking my Hiro costume...but.. xD Maybe I will, just for you guys!

QuickSilver
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Renie: Yes!! We would love to have a Sesshie-sama in the group! That is if you could spare a few moments for some group pics or something next year, that'd be great too. ^_^

Inami: *points* Hey...you live in W-S too?
I didn't think they're was ANYONE living here that even remotely appreciated anime - let alone cosplay.
And oooh....you mean it? HIIRRROOO!! *hugs and squishes* YAY! Big Gravi group! ^_^

Now we'll really have a group worth a photoshoot!

Inamichan
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
O_O I thought pretty much the same thing. It's like...a miracle, wow. Yay W-S people! xD

Fwee, photoshoot! :D I'm trying to make/put together a couple more costumes for Hiro (why? because I'm a geek. totally.), maybe I'll be able to use a new one! >___>

Renie
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Renie: Yes!! We would love to have a Sesshie-sama in the group! That is if you could spare a few moments for some group pics or something next year, that'd be great too. ^_^

Inami: *points* Hey...you live in W-S too?
I didn't think they're was ANYONE living here that even remotely appreciated anime - let alone cosplay.
And oooh....you mean it? HIIRRROOO!! *hugs and squishes* YAY! Big Gravi group! ^_^

Now we'll really have a group worth a photoshoot!

i can spare an entire day... I think. See the problem is I have these two maniacs that are going with me. A girl named liz who is going as her own randome character, and an inuyasha that thinks her sole purpose on this earth is to torment me....so when you see me, hiiiiiiiiide meeeeeeee! or, watch me suffer the two of them. Liz is also going as naraku from inu. She'd come if ya wanted, as long as i'm a safe distence from her...
And I MIGHT do a gravi costume. Since all I'd have to do is wear normal clothes. i'll see if i can.

QuickSilver
08-06-2004, 08:03 PM
O_O I thought pretty much the same thing. It's like...a miracle, wow. Yay W-S people! xD

YES. ...0_0 Who would'a known?
Oh, what part of Winston do you live around? If you don't mind my asking? ^^;

Fwee, photoshoot! I'm trying to make/put together a couple more costumes for Hiro (why? because I'm a geek. totally.), maybe I'll be able to use a new one! >___>

Yeah, I'm hoping for a little Gravi photoshoot of some sort.
*Yes, I'm planning WAY too early - but I'm just so excited) So, what, now we'll have a Shu, Ryu, Hiro, and Yuki depending on when I change out of my concert duds. ^^ What, no Tohma?

Oh the more the merrier, as the saying goes. Make as many as you want! Geek no bad....geek GOOD! XD
And from what I've seen you make a really nice Hiro! *pats*

Katu Fushigi
08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
i can spare an entire day... I think. See the problem is I have these two maniacs that are going with me. A girl named liz who is going as her own randome character, and an inuyasha that thinks her sole purpose on this earth is to torment me....so when you see me, hiiiiiiiiide meeeeeeee! or, watch me suffer the two of them. Liz is also going as naraku from inu. She'd come if ya wanted, as long as i'm a safe distence from her...
And I MIGHT do a gravi costume. Since all I'd have to do is wear normal clothes. i'll see if i can.

I shall hide you!! My Miroku costume underkimono has sleeves that are the world's largest pockets! I kept an Inu-Yasha plushie, fifty dollars at random points in time, a box of pocky, Outlaw Star OST1, my friend's wallet, and a spare set of prayer beads in them!

Katu Fushigi
08-06-2004, 08:13 PM

Fwee, photoshoot! :D I'm trying to make/put together a couple more costumes for Hiro (why? because I'm a geek. totally.), maybe I'll be able to use a new one! >___>

Oh! I just realized about where you guys were talking. Winston-Salem, right? Mesa located down here in Wilmington!

Kawaii Kinomoto
08-07-2004, 06:09 PM
LA LI HO!!!!!! :dance: I was just wondering if any of you Grav cosplayers are planning to attend anime north 2005 in toronto, ontario, canada? Because sadly I can not attend AZ05 and I have already started a Grav cosplayer for anime north 2005 with 3 shu's, a hiro, a ryu, a kumagoro, 2 K's, a noriko, a tohma, a yuki, a mika and an aizawa but I'm still looking for more... any grav cosplayers are welcome!! :love: We are also going to have a concert... :bigtu: Thanks

QuickSilver
08-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Oh! I just realized about where you guys were talking. Winston-Salem, right? Mesa located down here in Wilmington!

Yep, good old Winston Salem. .....-_-;
Heheh nah, W-S's not all that bad. Old Salem is beautiful- just the lack of anything really anime related. Besides the blessed Best Buy! I love that store.

Inamichan
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
YES. ...0_0 Who would'a known?
Oh, what part of Winston do you live around? If you don't mind my asking? ^^;
Oh the more the merrier, as the saying goes. Make as many as you want! Geek no bad....geek GOOD! XD
And from what I've seen you make a really nice Hiro! *pats*

I live right by downtown, near Hanes Park. ^^;; What about you? LOL don't worry about the geek element - I just went out today to find pieces of my other costumes...talk about early planning! xD;;; Thanks, by the way!

Hey, neat! I used to go to Wilmington with my grandparents for Thanksgiving every year ^^;;

QuickSilver
08-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Oh, I live off of Clemmonsville Rd, on Clemson Circle. Little hole-in-the-wall street; you'd miss it if you weren't looking for it.

Katu Fushigi
08-10-2004, 02:12 PM
You guys should really come down here to shop. ^^ Suncoast and Waldenbooks in the Westfield Shoppingtown have lots of anime. Over at Mayfair (the new mall) there's an EB games....I know all of the guys that work there on the weekends. Heehee. If there's a place here in town that has anime, at least one person knows me.

Inamichan
08-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I should know this. x_x But I can't remember where that road is right now. @_@ I'm so awful with that kind of stuff.

You guys should really come down here to shop. ^^ Suncoast and Waldenbooks in the Westfield Shoppingtown have lots of anime. Over at Mayfair (the new mall) there's an EB games....I know all of the guys that work there on the weekends. Heehee. If there's a place here in town that has anime, at least one person knows me.

That would be a cool idea. :) Maybe eventually when (...if) I get a car, I will!

And, er, I like your icon. :D

Katu Fushigi
08-10-2004, 05:31 PM
I should know this. x_x But I can't remember where that road is right now. @_@ I'm so awful with that kind of stuff.

That would be a cool idea. :) Maybe eventually when (...if) I get a <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>, I will!

And, er, I like your icon. :D

We have DDR at Westfield, it's in an arcade in the Sears wing. O__O The holy-ness

QuickSilver
08-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Inami - Oh me too, don't worry. I SUCK at geography. Just ask the boyfriend. *points as he nods agreeingly*

nixxer
08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
wow, I couldn't remember where W-S was so I looked it up, its waaay out there...I live allll the way over here on the coast, hour away from the ocean...I need to move out towards Raleigh, everyone lives out there it seems like...
hmm, as far as Ryuichi goes, I know Im wearing the red headband, and Im going to try to find that jacket he has, now if only I could pick a shirt...geez this is harder then I thought, it is nice to have options though, I like it when characters wear different outfits sometimes, makes it more fun. mmm staring at pics of Ryuichi is the best though....*drool*

QuickSilver
08-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Heh, I know what you mean. Partly why I'm going to college in Charlotte and not here.

I like it when characters wear different outfits sometimes, makes it more fun.

*nods* It's actually my goal to make every outfit of every main character in Gravi. Big goal, ne? ...I think I'll still be working on it well into my retirement. XD

Inamichan
08-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Heh, I know what you mean. Partly why I'm going to college in Charlotte and not here.

*nods* It's actually my goal to make every outfit of every main character in Gravi. Big goal, ne? ...I think I'll still be working on it well into my retirement. XD

I think everyone in W-S is aching to get out of here or something. ^^; Me, I'm going all the way to Baltimore.. :D

lol...I plan on making all of Hiro's outfits. Or, y'know, the series ones. >_>;; I've already got the concert, part of the green shirt costume, and all of this artbook costume (http://www.lelola.net/gravitation/fbscans/laliho23.jpg). I think those'll be the 3 I end up bringing to AZ.. O.o

Miracle Beam!!!
09-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Aaaaa, have the Ryuuichi costume, have the Ryuuichi look, but have no plans (or people) to go to the convention XD Would really like to thou.

QuickSilver
09-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Aaaaa, have the Ryuuichi costume, have the Ryuuichi look, but have no plans (or people) to go to the convention XD Would really like to thou.

Aww, you should! It would make Kuma-chan very happy, no da.

Miracle Beam!!!
09-06-2004, 12:31 PM
*draws invisible circles on the floor* I really want tooo, na no da It's me dream to go to a convention!

Y.Y But-aaa never been to one you see XD I wouldn't know what to do. *sweatdrop* Which is why I must try to hunt down people who can tolerate me, so I can ask them many questions XDD

nixxer
09-07-2004, 02:49 PM
cons are fun, I wish everyone who wanted to go could go. Its great meeting other fans ^_^ especially fans of someone as hot and yummy as Ryuichi-sama...mmm so sexy :love:

QuickSilver
10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, how far is everyone (if already started) on your outfits?
I myself have already begun compulsively collecting essential items.....*points to both wigs/gloves he purchased today*

Inamichan
10-10-2004, 11:43 PM
^^; I'd like to think I have my whole costume, but uh...it needs so much work it's not funny. x_x I need to tailor the shirt a bit, and I have pants picked out but haven't bought 'em...need new shoes since my other ones are falling apart...and I'm making the guitar over Christmas break. :P Hopefully I'll have it done by Katsu at least... x_X;;

Finding Beauty
10-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Ahem.

Have you all found a K yet?

Because I would love to cosplay him -- even though I look nothing like him. ;) I'll grab a wig and pretend.

I have so many other costumes planned that I'd only be able to do it for a short while -- but it's an easy enough outfit to put together. I already have the clothes, I'll be getting a holster for my Turk costume, and so I just have to find an adequate wig and tie. Maybe the aviator sunglasses, too.

QuickSilver
10-11-2004, 06:24 PM
No, we don't have a K yet come to think of it....but your more than welcome to take the part!! Even if you can only do it for a little while is ok, enough time to snag a few pictures? ^_^

EnigmaticAngst
10-12-2004, 11:10 PM
What, no Tohma?

I'll be your Tohma, if you still need one.

Finding Beauty
10-12-2004, 11:15 PM
No, we don't have a K yet come to think of it....but your more than welcome to take the part!! Even if you can only do it for a little while is ok, enough time to snag a few pictures? ^_^

I'm going to be taking one high-maintenance costume (Vincent Valentine) and one semi-high (Mibu Oriya), so I figure K would be a nice respite -- and I'd like to take part in a Gravitation photoshoot. xD I'd already said after watching the series that I wanted to cosplay K.

Plus, I'll tell myself I'm being economical, since I can use the same gun for three costumes. ;x

QuickSilver
10-13-2004, 06:44 PM

We definately still need one, don't worry. After all, what's a shoot without Tohma? :bigtu:

Finding Beauty
10-13-2004, 06:48 PM
We definately still need one, don't worry. After all, what's a shoot without Tohma? :bigtu:

And trust me, my angsty cohort will make a great Tohma.

Just for curiosity's sake, which costume will people be doing for their character for a photoshoot? I'm pretty much without variation on K, unless I change the color of the tie. Lol. I was thinking of getting a khaki trenchcoat, though, and doing episode 13 version.

QuickSilver
10-13-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm going to be taking one high-maintenance costume (Vincent Valentine) and one semi-high (Mibu Oriya), so I figure K would be a nice respite -- and I'd like to take part in a Gravitation photoshoot. xD I'd already said after watching the series that I wanted to cosplay K.

Plus, I'll tell myself I'm being economical, since I can use the same gun for three costumes. ;x

I'm aiming for as big a photoshoot (with as many characters as we can find) as possible, and so far it's going swimmingly, if I do say so myself? *grins*

I'm going to see if I can register for a photoshoot with Kyle Johnsen if he's even at AZ next year. If not, I'll just bring my digital and we'll go from there.

EnigmaticAngst
10-13-2004, 08:59 PM

Splendid.

And trust me, my angsty cohort will make a great Tohma.

It's because I'm a manipulative bitch. -preen- That, and Tohma's not too drastically different from Rufus.

Inamichan
10-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Tohma and K *__* Yay!

I'm bring my concert Hiro. With (hopefully) shiny pants and a guitar. :D (...*cough* This is, of course, counting on the fact that I'm actually going. Haven't made plans on how I'll actually get to the con yet... ^^;;; )

Finding Beauty
10-14-2004, 02:33 AM
Tohma and K *__* Yay!

I'm bring my concert Hiro. With (hopefully) shiny pants and a guitar. :D (...*cough* This is, of course, counting on the fact that I'm actually going. Haven't made plans on how I'll actually get to the con yet... ^^;;; )

It's still a ways away. Lol. But I guess I shouldn't talk ... I went ahead and preregistered at this year's con for next year. ;)

QuickSilver
10-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey Inami, you lived in Winston not long ago, right? I was going to say you could ride with us (my koi and I) to the Con, but then I noticed that you lived in Baltimore now. ^^;

Inamichan
10-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Ah gawd, that seems to cause so much confusion. ^^; I'm in baltimore right now for school, but I still pretty much live in Winston. :P

QuickSilver
10-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Ah gawd, that seems to cause so much confusion. ^^; I'm in baltimore right now for school, but I still pretty much live in Winston. :P

Oh really? Well if your down here and need a ride, we'd be happy to pick you up. ^_^ Nice to have a back-up plan anyway, ne?

AnarchyAvenger
10-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Just for curiosity's sake, which costume will people be doing for their character for a photoshoot? I'm pretty much without variation on K, unless I change the color of the tie. Lol. I was thinking of getting a khaki trenchcoat, though, and doing episode 13 version.

I don't think that I have introduced myself yet. I'm Dion and second in command to my Quicksilver for the photo shoot. Oh and we have been talking and think that a skit would be a great idea. Who's with me? We will need everyones help in making it up.
I'm the guy whose doing puppy shuichi and concert ryu! ^ ^

Finding Beauty
10-16-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't think that I have introduced myself yet. I'm Dion and second in command to my Quicksilver for the photo shoot. Oh and we have been talking and think that a skit would be a great idea. Who's with me? We will need everyones help in making it up.
I'm the guy whose doing puppy shuichi and concert ryu! ^ ^

I'd love a skit, but unfortunately, I'm participating in the cosplay contest as another character. Unless I could do a REALLY hasty changing job, I don't think there's any way I could go from Vincent Valentine to K in that short a time. And I'm not sure I'd be allowed to do two anyway.

EnigmaticAngst
10-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I'd love a skit, but unfortunately, I'm participating in the cosplay contest as another character. Unless I could do a REALLY hasty changing job, I don't think there's any way I could go from Vincent Valentine to K in that short a time. And I'm not sure I'd be allowed to do two anyway.

Same here. I doubt I could change from Sephiroth to Tohma in time, or vice versa.

AnarchyAvenger
10-16-2004, 09:32 PM

Ooo yeah that would be a little tough to do wouldn't it! Well if you like you could help us come up with a skit. We need all the help we can get with that. This will be our first skit and we want it to be awesome!

AnarchyAvenger
10-23-2004, 10:27 PM
OOOOO I had some lovely ideas. And as of now it's just ideas, but I thought that I would throw it out there and see what you all would think about it. I don't know how many of you have heard of anime concerts but I think it's a fun idea. It's probably not possible for our little con but would still be fun. My next idea is that we could do the scene from Gravi including Bad Luck first concert where Shu gets all choked up and Ryu saves the day. (this would be a sound clip we act out, and we would need a Fuji but just let us know what you think!)

Finding Beauty
10-23-2004, 10:30 PM
OOOOO I had some lovely ideas. And as of now it's just ideas, but I thought that I would throw it out there and see what you all would think about it. I don't know how many of you have heard of anime concerts but I think it's a fun idea. It's probably not possible for our little con but would still be fun. My next idea is that we could do the scene from Gravi including Bad Luck first concert where Shu gets all choked up and Ryu saves the day. (this would be a sound clip we act out, and we would need a Fuji but just let us know what you think!)

I think that could be accomplished in 90 seconds. A LOT of people this year did stuff that seemed to drag on much longer than that, to me.

I think the only problem is, we don't have everyone? I think our Yuki and Shuichi are one person. Lol. Unless you cosplayed Shuichi -- but then we'd lack Ryuichi. O_o Which I guess I could do (na no da!), since I have tons of J-Rock-looking clothes, buuut ... there's that whole issue that while I can help come up with a skit, I probably can't actually be in it.

AnarchyAvenger
10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
I think that could be accomplished in 90 seconds. A LOT of people this year did stuff that seemed to drag on much longer than that, to me.

I think the only problem is, we don't have everyone? I think our Yuki and Shuichi are one person. Lol. Unless you cosplayed Shuichi -- but then we'd lack Ryuichi. O_o Which I guess I could do (na no da!), since I have tons of J-Rock-looking clothes, buuut ... there's that whole issue that while I can help come up with a skit, I probably can't actually be in it.

Oh yes! You make an excellent point. (one i was way to stupid to think of) I think (if we do this skit) that we won't necessarily need a Yuki,Tohma, K and Sakano...and me and QuickSilver can either/or the Shu and Ryu...all I think we need for the skit is a Shu, Ryu, Hiro,Fuji...and it would be neat to have a Yuki, Tohma, K, and Sakano for the back of the auditorium. J-Rock clothes ROCK!!!! *tries them on*

Inamichan
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM
...^^; I'll be your Hiro (ba-dum CHING!)

It'd be great to have an Eiri. Seriously. ^^; And a Sakano (just because, seriously, he'd have to completely spazz out)

AnarchyAvenger
10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
So QuickSilver turned to me after I said some one commented and said, "It's our Hiro!" and I, taking the word out of context thought he said hero! And then we opened the page and saw what you said!! So that deserves a big (ba-dum-ching!)

Oh Yes you are our Hiro! You don't know what an awesome asset you are. QuickSilver's gonna be our Shu for the skit and i'll be the Ryu and we have you as Hiro. So for the skit we still need a Fuji, Tohma, Sakano and Yuki.

Finding Beauty
10-25-2004, 12:08 AM
...^^; I'll be your Hiro (ba-dum CHING!)

It'd be great to have an Eiri. Seriously. ^^; And a Sakano (just because, seriously, he'd have to completely spazz out)

I love Sakano in all his spazmatic glory. I have a friend who's very Sakano-like ... maybe I could talk him into going up and spazzing for you. :x

Inamichan
10-25-2004, 12:16 AM
I love Sakano in all his spazmatic glory. I have a friend who's very Sakano-like ... maybe I could talk him into going up and spazzing for you. :x

That would be awesome. xD I have a friend that's pretty similar to Sakano, but unfortunately he's in PA... >_< So he'll be coming to Katsu and Otakon, but not AZ. But if you can recruit one... :D

So QuickSilver turned to me after I said some one commented and said, "It's our Hiro!" and I, taking the word out of context thought he said hero! And then we opened the page and saw what you said!! So that deserves a big (ba-dum-ching!)

Oh Yes you are our Hiro! You don't know what an awesome asset you are. QuickSilver's gonna be our Shu for the skit and i'll be the Ryu and we have you as Hiro. So for the skit we still need a Fuji, Tohma, Sakano and Yuki

LMAO ^^;;; Puns are good, heh. And I'm glad I can help. :) It sounds like this is gonna be a lot of fun!

Katu Fushigi
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, how far is everyone (if already started) on your outfits?
I myself have already begun compulsively collecting essential items.....*points to both wigs/gloves he purchased today*

*pokes fingers together* Um.

Well now. Ahaha.

Yeah.

We haven't done a damn thing. T___T

QuickSilver
10-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Wow - this photoshoot is coming along alot better than I expected! So far we have accumulated a Shu (myself), Yuki (myself- for the shoot only), Concert Ryu (Anarchy), Tohma (Enigmatic), K (Beauty), and Hiro (Inami). Am I missing someone? If I am let me know!

...You know what we need? A Taki. That way I could beat the crap out of him as both Shu and Yuki. XD

Well now. Ahaha.

Yeah.

No worries. The Con is still months away, ne?

Inamichan
10-27-2004, 01:47 AM

Well now. Ahaha.

Yeah.

Don't sweat it, you've got time. xD The only reason I'm starting in December is that I have to have mine done in February.. >_> Plus, if I don't do it then, I'll have to wait till May. +_+

What costume are you planning btw? *too lazy/tired to flip back 3 or 4 pages, la!*

Wow - this photoshoot is coming along alot better than I expected! So far we have accumulated a Shu (myself), Yuki (myself- for the shoot only), Concert Ryu (Anarchy), Tohma (Enigmatic), K (Beauty), and Hiro (Inami). Am I missing someone? If I am let me know!

...You know what we need? A Taki. That way I could beat the crap out of him as both Shu and Yuki. XD

You have no idea how much I'd love to see ASK cosplayers! I've only seen like, 1 Ma-kun and 1 Tachi... >__> Someone should so do that. xDD Seriously.

nixxer
10-27-2004, 09:40 AM
I have yet to do anything for my costume either, besides keeping an eye out for anything I could use...I just dont have the funds right now to buy said stuff....still plenty of time ^_^
good thing christmas is coming, Im so asking for money to help buy cosplay stuff

AnarchyAvenger
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
I've started on my Shu Puppy costume, my inu, and Ryu. QuickSilver's Koga, Yuki, and Shu are all almost done too. But that's just because we've been working on them since last con. ^_^ I promise i'll get lazy and not touch them again til a month before the con!

Katu Fushigi
10-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Don't sweat it, you've got time. xD The only reason I'm starting in December is that I have to have mine done in February.. >_> Plus, if I don't do it then, I'll have to wait till May. +_+

What costume are you planning btw? *too lazy/tired to flip back 3 or 4 pages, la!*

Yuffie from FF7, and Toboe from Wolf's Rain. And I'm bringing my Miroku costume again.

QuickSilver
11-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Alright, so I'm working on my Shu coat and have run into a problem - I really want to use vinyl (I think it would look best) but the Hancock Fabrics near me doesn't seem to have ANY colored vinyl, much less orange and yellow.
Can anyone tell me where I might buy some vinyl? Or an acceptable-looking substitute material for it?

Finding Beauty
11-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Alright, so I'm working on my Shu coat and have run into a problem - I really want to use vinyl (I think it would look best) but the Hancock Fabrics near me doesn't seem to have ANY colored vinyl, much less orange and yellow.
Can anyone tell me where I might buy some vinyl? Or an acceptable-looking substitute material for it?

Buy a long rainslicker -- or a couple of ponchos -- and dissect it/them. That's the best source of yellow apparel vinyl I can think of. And kudos to you for wanting to use vinyl -- I was kind of weirded out by the flimsy cotton coats I've seen on some people, having always imagined it vinyl myself (Japanese pop stars have to have vinyl! Except in the case of Hiro, whose pants must be leather).

I found a really great deal of seven yards of black nylon on eBay once, but it was upholstery fabric, so I still haven't figured out if my Unknown coat is going to be washable. ;x You might check eBay -- sometimes people run stuff like that for goth club and fetish wear. Only I can't imagine it being yellow ...

So yeah, I'm sticking with the raincoat idea. :) You could probably pick one (or some) up at a Goodwill store.

QuickSilver
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Buy a long rainslicker -- or a couple of ponchos -- and dissect it/them. That's the best source of yellow apparel vinyl I can think of. And kudos to you for wanting to use vinyl -- I was kind of weirded out by the flimsy cotton coats I've seen on some people, having always imagined it vinyl myself (Japanese pop stars have to have vinyl! Except in the case of Hiro, whose pants must be leather).

I found a really great deal of seven yards of black nylon on eBay once, but it was upholstery fabric, so I still haven't figured out if my Unknown coat is going to be washable. ;x You might check eBay -- sometimes people run stuff like that for goth club and fetish wear. Only I can't imagine it being yellow ...

So yeah, I'm sticking with the raincoat idea. :) You could probably pick one (or some) up at a Goodwill store.

Thank you so much! That's a great idea, can't believe I didn't think of it before. Eh, yeah, I'm quite distracted by that too. x.X
Cotton coats just ...don't go over well. I've imagined it as strictly vinyl too, so cotton or anything else is just disillusioning. Tis' why I'll try my damndest to use it.

Thanks again for your advice! Think I'll hit Goodwill this weekend...or Burlington Coat Factory.

Katu Fushigi
11-09-2004, 10:03 PM
EEEEEEEEE~ Quicksilver, I can't wait to see it. XD

Finding Beauty
11-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Thank you so much! That's a great idea, can't believe I didn't think of it before. Eh, yeah, I'm quite distracted by that too. x.X
Cotton coats just ...don't go over well. I've imagined it as strictly vinyl too, so cotton or anything else is just disillusioning. Tis' why I'll try my damndest to use it.

Thanks again for your advice! Think I'll hit Goodwill this weekend...or Burlington Coat Factory.

All else failing, you can probably pick an adequate one up at Wal-Mart or somewhere like that. The one flaw I can think of in a raincoat -- I was mulling this over earlier -- is that the lining is usually something tacky. I have a yellow raincoat (Paddington Bear thing there; I still need yellow rubber galoshes) and it has plaid lining.

As for not thinking about it, don't feel bad. Lol. I'm an "alteration costumer." Meaning, I like to make stuff on my own, but sometimes altering something else is just better. :x

Katu Fushigi
11-11-2004, 02:55 PM
All else failing, you can probably pick an adequate one up at Wal-Mart or somewhere like that. The one flaw I can think of in a raincoat -- I was mulling this over earlier -- is that the lining is usually something tacky. I have a yellow raincoat (Paddington Bear thing there; I still need yellow rubber galoshes) and it has plaid lining.

As for not thinking about it, don't feel bad. Lol. I'm an "alteration costumer." Meaning, I like to make stuff on my own, but sometimes altering something else is just better. :x

Eeeew. I had one with like, plastic leopard skin.

Inamichan
11-11-2004, 07:47 PM
(Japanese pop stars have to have vinyl! Except in the case of Hiro, whose pants must be leather).

Just to take this kind of off the subject, I totally agree. ^^; I've...been looking for leather. Haven't found any yet... ~__~ Anyone have suggestions on where to look?

I could always go with vinyl pants if I had to, but leather/pleather would be so much more preferred. :\

Finding Beauty
11-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Just to take this kind of off the subject, I totally agree. ^^; I've...been looking for leather. Haven't found any yet... ~__~ Anyone have suggestions on where to look?

I could always go with vinyl pants if I had to, but leather/pleather would be so much more preferred. :\

I have four pairs of pleather pants. ;) And a skirt.

I would recommend pleather over leather any day because a) it doesn't smell, b) it's less expensive, and c) most pleather you can throw in the washing machine instead of having to pay a ton for dry cleaning.

As for stores to find them ... I found two pair at JC Penney, one pair at a store called Simply Fashion, and another at a local consignment shop. The ones from the consignment shop were still new with tags ... goes to show what you can find if you look around.

Anyhow. I would recommend Stein Mart, Simply Fashion, Rainbow, The Body Shop, or any stores along those lines for pleather pants. eBay is also an option.

nixxer
11-13-2004, 03:02 AM
yeah, a good pair of pleather pants would definetely be nice, I'll start looking for those really soon, since I could use them for more then one costume :bigtu: holiday time will really drain my funds, so I might just order them online since it'll probably save me money that way

EnigmaticAngst
11-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Anyhow. I would recommend Stein Mart, Simply Fashion, Rainbow, The Body Shop, or any stores along those lines for pleather pants. eBay is also an option.

They so do not have them at The Body Shop any longer. Or at least the one around here, once Lisa left all that was good about that store left as well. Unforutnately, the chick who ruined the one here was manager of the Wilmington location and later the Raleigh store, thus ruining them all.

That was random ... yes. -stabs The Body Shop- Spiteful, not at all.

Sh!bby
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
They so do not have them at The Body Shop any longer. Or at least the one around here, once Lisa left all that was good about that store left as well. Unforutnately, the chick who ruined the one here was manager of the Wilmington location and later the Raleigh store, thus ruining them all.

That was random ... yes. -stabs The Body Shop- Spiteful, not at all.

They don't have them at The Body Shop in Wilmington, either. That woman left a trail of destruction. Met her...once. -.-; *stabbity stab*

EnigmaticAngst
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
They don't have them at The Body Shop in Wilmington, either. That woman left a trail of destruction. Met her...once. -.-; *stabbity stab*

Anya ... yes, she was a bitch. Last I heard she was knocked up. -cackle-

Ehm, yeah. I used to work at The Body Shop several years ago, and when the manager at the time left, they laid off a lot of the girls, as there were 17 of us at the time. What pissed me was I had been working there longer than most and was their only cashier at the time, and picked up sales floor shifts when people failed to come into work due to my availability. Unfortunately, because I'm friends and now neighbours with the old manager they cut me. Bitches.

And yeah, off topic. That store just irks me now ...

QuickSilver
11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
I know it's still quite early, but the earlier the better, right? Do you guys have a day you'd rather have this on? You know, for no scheduling conflicts and such. ^^;
Or at least already know what day your wearing your Gravi? That way we can figure the shoot (which shouldn't be that long anyway) to go along with everyone's having other shoots/gatherings/anything else they want to go to.

If I'm quite crazy and it's still WAYYY too early for this - let me know and we can schedule it later and closer to the actual Con. :thumbsup:

Also, location preferences, anyone?

Finding Beauty
11-22-2004, 12:18 AM
I know it's still quite early, but the earlier the better, right? Do you guys have a day you'd rather have this on? You know, for no scheduling conflicts and such. ^^;
Or at least already know what day your wearing your Gravi? That way we can figure the shoot (which shouldn't be that long anyway) to go along with everyone's having other shoots/gatherings/anything else they want to go to.

If I'm quite crazy and it's still WAYYY too early for this - let me know and we can schedule it later and closer to the actual Con. :thumbsup:

Also, location preferences, anyone?

I would prefer Friday, for simple virtue of the fact that on Saturday I'm not going to be wearing a costume it's easy to change out of ... Friday, I can easily go from Oriya to K -- just change clothes and stuff my hair under my inevitable wig.

Location ... is a tough one. SO many places in the hotel have absolutely horrible lighting. Outside would actually be nice maybe for part of it ...

AnarchyAvenger
11-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi there I hate to use this forum for my own personal reasons but i just can not figure out another way to get in contact with Quicksilver. He has mano...And i can't see him til monday and i thought just maybe Kun you would be able to get up long enough to go check cosplay. I just wanted to tell you I miss you. I can't stop thiniking about you. I'm constantly praying for you. So is memaw(she wanted me to tell you that) and so is mom and dad. I know how aweful you must feel. Aishiteru.(i just wish i could tell you how much)

-chibi

QuickSilver
12-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Alright, so I dropped concert Shu and am now just doing Yuki (for the photoshoot and for just generally wandering around the whole day). Not that I won't ever finish it, for I still plan to get it together as I go along - just not for next year's AZ.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.... We still have Puppy Shu, i.e, Di-kun, just not concert Ryu-chan or concert Shu anymore.

(YAY! Now I get to be pissy/angsty/extremely irritable all day!)

Finding Beauty
12-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Alright, so I dropped concert Shu and am now just doing Yuki (for the photoshoot and for just generally wandering around the whole day). Not that I won't ever finish it, for I still plan to get it together as I go along - just not for next year's AZ.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.... We still have Puppy Shu, i.e, Di-kun, just not concert Ryu-chan or concert Shu anymore.

(YAY! Now I get to be pissy/angsty/extremely irritable all day!)

I'm thrilled you're still doing Yuki -- judging from the test photo you make a fabulous one. n_n;

I think I may be up for Ryuichi if no one else is doing it, instead of K ... it looks like I'm possibly going to be investing in a wig aside from one for K -- and honestly, I can't really see buying that one as well, since I'd never use a long blonde wig for anything but K.

But, yeah. I'm even working on a Kumagoro plushie -- though it is meant to be a Christmas gift for a friend, she will be at Animazement, so I can borrow it back.

Katu Fushigi
12-17-2004, 05:48 PM

OHMYGOD SQUEE TOHMA.

I have to hang all over you. XD I adore Tohma!

Finding Beauty
12-17-2004, 06:35 PM
OHMYGOD SQUEE TOHMA.

I have to hang all over you. XD I adore Tohma!

If I am Ryuichi, I will already be hanging all over her, waving Kumagoro around madly. :x

We procured the perfect Tohma hat last night ... Anna looks scarily like him in it.

Katu Fushigi
12-17-2004, 06:47 PM
If I am Ryuichi, I will already be hanging all over her, waving Kumagoro around madly. :x

We procured the perfect Tohma hat last night ... Anna looks scarily like him in it.

XD And his hat? Do you have his hat?

Finding Beauty
12-17-2004, 07:59 PM
XD And his hat? Do you have his hat?

We have Tohma's hat. Whether or not Ryuichi has a hat depends on what version of the costume I do ... if I do it at all.

QuickSilver
12-18-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm thrilled you're still doing Yuki -- judging from the test photo you make a fabulous one. n_n;

I think I may be up for Ryuichi if no one else is doing it, instead of K ... it looks like I'm possibly going to be investing in a wig aside from one for K -- and honestly, I can't really see buying that one as well, since I'd never use a long blonde wig for anything but K.

But, yeah. I'm even working on a Kumagoro plushie -- though it is meant to be a Christmas gift for a friend, she will be at Animazement, so I can borrow it back.

*blushes* Heh, thank you...

So your considering Ryu-chan now? Please do! Ah, We had a Kuma plushie last year, modified off an Easter bunny. He's pretty cute - might have to bring him along next year too.

We have Tohma's hat. Whether or not Ryuichi has a hat depends on what version of the costume I do ... if I do it at all

Oh hey, if you are considering his concert outfit (which would be really cute), we already have his cowboy hat if you wanted to wear it. We could bring it for you no problem.
[Not to mention I spent 30$ on a Kuma hat from the Genki Gang, but it was very worth it. ^_^]

Finding Beauty
12-18-2004, 05:46 PM
*blushes* Heh, thank you...

So your considering Ryu-chan now? Please do! Ah, We had a Kuma plushie last year, modified off an Easter bunny. He's pretty cute - might have to bring him along next year too.

Oh hey, if you are considering his concert outfit (which would be really cute), we already have his cowboy hat if you wanted to wear it. We could bring it for you no problem.
[Not to mention I spent 30$ on a Kuma hat from the Genki Gang, but it was very worth it. ^_^]

I would really like to cosplay K, but the wig thing is starting to sound hefty in my mind considering I'm really not sure what I'd do with a long blonde wig afterward. Lol. Plus, I realized the pieces I thought I had that would fit the costume weren't as fitting as I thought.

Ryuichi fits my personality and look a little more -- it just leaves the consideration in mind that I'll be growing my hair out. I don't think I'll need a wig, but I will at least have to wear something where I could potentially tuck a ponytail into my shirt. My hair will be shaggy on the front and sides because of the nature of Oriya and Vincent's hair (and because of my current layers), but it will be long in the back, so I have to hide a ponytail. Lol.

I wouldn't mind the concert outfit, but the midriff! @.@; But then, we figure if I were Ryuichi I'd be mildly-sadistic!Ryu-chan anyhow.

I like the outfit from the last episode, but ... hum.

AnarchyAvenger
12-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I would really like to cosplay K, but the wig thing is starting to sound hefty in my mind considering I'm really not sure what I'd do with a long blonde wig afterward. Lol. Plus, I realized the pieces I thought I had that would fit the costume weren't as fitting as I thought.

Ryuichi fits my personality and look a little more -- it just leaves the consideration in mind that I'll be growing my hair out. I don't think I'll need a wig, but I will at least have to wear something where I could potentially tuck a ponytail into my shirt. My hair will be shaggy on the front and sides because of the nature of Oriya and Vincent's hair (and because of my current layers), but it will be long in the back, so I have to hide a ponytail. Lol.

I wouldn't mind the concert outfit, but the midriff! @.@; But then, we figure if I were Ryuichi I'd be mildly-sadistic!Ryu-chan anyhow.

I like the outfit from the last episode, but ... hum.

Hmmm, your right, a good K wig would be a fairly pricey investment. But I say if you already have most of the Ryu stuff for it already, go for it. And depending if you want to do the concert clothes or last episodes scarecrow shirt, you could spike your hair out from under the cowboy hat?

About the midriff: if your even remotley in shape (which you appear to be very fit) I wouldn't worry about it! Just do whats comfortable to you, thats all.

Katu Fushigi
12-18-2004, 09:06 PM
We have Tohma's hat. Whether or not Ryuichi has a hat depends on what version of the costume I do ... if I do it at all.

Ryu doesn't need a hat. X3

But Tohma....PHWEEEE. XD

Finding Beauty
12-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, your right, a good K wig would be a fairly pricey investment. But I say if you already have most of the Ryu stuff for it already, go for it. And depending if you want to do the concert clothes or last episodes scarecrow shirt, you could spike your hair out from under the cowboy hat?

About the midriff: if your even remotley in shape (which you appear to be very fit) I wouldn't worry about it! Just do whats comfortable to you, thats all.

I'm sure just a blonde wig in itself wouldn't be horrible, but one for K would have to have enough body to it to get bangs, a ponytail, and floppy side pieces out of. >.< When you add that together ... probably much money involved.

Ryuichi's scarecrow shirt would be really easy to manage if I could just find an orange pullover and alter it. But I'm not sure if that one would be as recognizeable as the concert outfit -- and my hair probably wouldn't fare as well.

But, yeah. Maybe I could spike my hair under the hat. I think I look pretty decent in a hat as it is. Lol.

As for my midriff, well ... it's not really as "fit" as the rest of me. e_e; Because of my body type, if I gain any weight whatsoever, it goes straight to my midriff -- as opposed to my limbs, where I could actually use the weight. (Instead of hitting people with bony elbows.) So I'm not entirely into showing it, but I really don't think the shirt would reveal so much that I'd be uncomfortable -- as I recall it's just a small triangle.

QuickSilver
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, less than five months away (according to the Con Counter, 142 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes, and 39 seconds left till ) till the big day.

Currently don't have a place/time for the shoot-group thing, but I guess it wouldn't really be that hard crowd-picking each other anyway, ya? ^^ Ooh, we should all go out for dinner too - sound good?

Yuki's done, and he's my only concern this time unless I spastically decide to bring the schoolgirl outfit too and just wear it around. *shrugs* Who knows. Might just do that.

Finding Beauty
01-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Currently don't have a place/time for the shoot-group thing, but I guess it wouldn't really be that hard crowd-picking each other anyway, ya? ^^ Ooh, we should all go out for dinner too - sound good?

Yuki's done, and he's my only concern this time unless I spastically decide to bring the schoolgirl outfit too and just wear it around. *shrugs* Who knows. Might just do that.

I think outside would be a good idea, only that would kind of require sunlight depending on what kind of camera(s) we're using. Speaking of, I have a friend with a good digital camera who probably wouldn't mind tagging along to take some photographs -- then I could upload them that night in the hotel room and send them to everyone. xD

Anyhow, dinner sounds pretty decent, but I don't know. Enigmatic Angst and I can go except we're going to have anywhere from two to six other friends present at the con.

Oh, speaking of, I have a friend who's agreed to be Noriko! She's never even seen the series, actually (though I plan to remedy that between now and May), but when she was trying to come up with a costume idea I pitched Noriko at her and she was into the idea. She's trying to find a lavender wig right now, and said whichever outfit I found for Noriko, just send her reference photos and she would get whatever she needed for it sewn.

As for my costume -- I have to decide which version of Ryuichi to be. It's pretty much between concert version (ruffled shirt) and last episode (orange pullover) for me. I like his outfit when he's first introduced into the anime (with the BAD hat), but I don't think it would really flatter me very much, or that I'd be able to find it in adequate size for me.

And I have to get hold of some fleece for Kumagoro.

Fortunately, despite the fact I have nothing done, I work quickly. Bwah.

Finding Beauty
01-15-2005, 01:57 AM
So, latest notes in Gravitation cosplay progress ... soon I'm going to go scouting for some white material to make concert Ryuichi's shirt. (Yes, I decided to go concert version-- gives me more reasoning to actually get my torso more in shape. I noted it was a bit ... squishy tonight. Anyhow, enough about my stomach.)

I think I have a pair of jeans that will work perfectly-- that is, does it seem as if he's wearing jeans? I've seen both jeans and blue vinyl pants done for the costume ... I'm not sure which I should go with. Suggestions?

Also, up in my gallery, I now have photos of the Kumagoro plushie-in-progress I'm working on for a friend. It's slightly inaccurate (I forgot that the arms and legs were supposed to attach on the outside with buttons), but it's a good estimate of what mine will look like. I found some of the softest pink fleece ever, and I managed to make it floppy enough to sit on my head.

Yes, there are pictures with him on my head. :)

Inamichan
01-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I think dinner sounds awesome. We did that at Otakon (with a 22-person group.. O__O) and it was great, except that we had to stop every now and then to do a photo. ^^;

As for progress, I have acquired teh pleather for Hiro (er...I mean that I have the pants o.o), and all that I really NEED to do now is mess with the shirt. That should be fun, considering I have no sewing machine. x.x;; I also want to get some styrofoam to make the guitar, but I don't know if I'll have time with school and everything. I might just need to order another inflatable one... ;.; Or save up and get a used guitar or something. I'll figure it out. x_X

And Finding Beauty, I think either one would work. o.o They look more like jeans to me, but vinyl would have a more "concert" look maybe. Although really nice jeans would have the same effect. I'm not helping much, am I? ^^;;; Sorry...

Finding Beauty
01-17-2005, 11:17 PM
I think dinner sounds awesome. We did that at Otakon (with a 22-person group.. O__O) and it was great, except that we had to stop every now and then to do a photo. ^^;

As for progress, I have acquired teh pleather for Hiro (er...I mean that I have the pants o.o), and all that I really NEED to do now is mess with the shirt. That should be fun, considering I have no sewing machine. x.x;; I also want to get some styrofoam to make the guitar, but I don't know if I'll have time with school and everything. I might just need to order another inflatable one... ;.; Or save up and get a used guitar or something. I'll figure it out. x_X

And Finding Beauty, I think either one would work. o.o They look more like jeans to me, but vinyl would have a more "concert" look maybe. Although really nice jeans would have the same effect. I'm not helping much, am I? ^^;;; Sorry...

Maybe we could have dinner in the hotel. *ponders this* It would be more convenient than everyone loading up and heading out from it-- I'm just taking into consideration the fact this is going to be Memorial Day weekend, and thus subject to lots of traffic. I do not want a repeat of my waiting-two-hours-at-Chili's experience.

As for the shirt, I have this really great one that's an iridescent blue-- only when you turn it in the light, the iridescent part is black instead of being lighter-- but it looks too effeminate ... it has darts in the bust and everything.

I want a guitar. ;.;

And-- I was thinking maybe shiny jeans. Like, the kind that have the shiny glitter stretch stuff. Lol. Since Ryuichi is all about "SHINY!"

Inamichan
01-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Maybe we could have dinner in the hotel. *ponders this* It would be more convenient than everyone loading up and heading out from it-- I'm just taking into consideration the fact this is going to be Memorial Day weekend, and thus subject to lots of traffic. I do not want a repeat of my waiting-two-hours-at-Chili's experience.

As for the shirt, I have this really great one that's an iridescent blue-- only when you turn it in the light, the iridescent part is black instead of being lighter-- but it looks too effeminate ... it has darts in the bust and everything.

I want a guitar. ;.;

And-- I was thinking maybe shiny jeans. Like, the kind that have the shiny glitter stretch stuff. Lol. Since Ryuichi is all about "SHINY!"

That might work for dinner, as long as it's not like...way expensive. o__o; I haven't been to AZ in a few years, so I don't really remember what else is nearby, but if there's something close we could walk. But like I said, I don't know what's in that area and it'd be tough to cram everyone into cars... ^^;

I think shiny jeans would be perfect.

Finding Beauty
01-17-2005, 11:46 PM
That might work for dinner, as long as it's not like...way expensive. o__o; I haven't been to AZ in a few years, so I don't really remember what else is nearby, but if there's something close we could walk. But like I said, I don't know what's in that area and it'd be tough to cram everyone into cars... ^^;

I think shiny jeans would be perfect.

I thought it was pretty reasonable-- it's like average restaurant price and you get a pile of food. However, I don't think there's really anywhere else to eat that doesn't require driving. I think AZ probably moved since the last time you went, or so I hear it moved a couple years ago, before I started going. But the area it is in now is right off I-440 (you just hit an exit and one turn and there it is), and the closest things I am aware of are McDonald's and Wendy's, both which require driving. >_<

Mind you, we got most places we went that weekend last year by getting lost and riding around in circles on the Interstate until we found something. LOL.

We could always go to Cracker Barrel in Durham. xD That would amuse me greatly ... I work at the one where I live, and it would just crack me up to march in there in costume and scare the typical clientele of older people and families.

Inamichan
01-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I thought it was pretty reasonable-- it's like average restaurant price and you get a pile of food. However, I don't think there's really anywhere else to eat that doesn't require driving. I think AZ probably moved since the last time you went, or so I hear it moved a couple years ago, before I started going. But the area it is in now is right off I-440 (you just hit an exit and one turn and there it is), and the closest things I am aware of are McDonald's and Wendy's, both which require driving. >_<

Mind you, we got most places we went that weekend last year by getting lost and riding around in circles on the Interstate until we found something. LOL.

We could always go to Cracker Barrel in Durham. xD That would amuse me greatly ... I work at the one where I live, and it would just crack me up to march in there in costume and scare the typical clientele of older people and families.

I only went for a day both times I went, so I don't know the area at all. xD; But if the hotel food is priced well like you say, I think it'd be a great idea, although restaurants are always funnier to go to in costume. >D;; Last year at Otakon we were trying to get into Hooters for the Gravi dinner (but there were too many people o_x).

Finding Beauty
01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I only went for a day both times I went, so I don't know the area at all. xD; But if the hotel food is priced well like you say, I think it'd be a great idea, although restaurants are always funnier to go to in costume. >D;; Last year at Otakon we were trying to get into Hooters for the Gravi dinner (but there were too many people o_x).

Yaoi at Hooters ... xD

I'd love to get a Ryuichi picture just kind of staring at the waitresses. Lol.

Shadablade
01-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Yaoi at Hooters ... xD

I'd love to get a Ryuichi picture just kind of staring at the waitresses. Lol.

LoL...im not all that famillier with the char but i get the implications and thats funny :D

Finding Beauty
01-19-2005, 12:49 AM
LoL...im not all that famillier with the char but i get the implications and thats funny :D

I think a Gravi shoot at Hooters would be hilarious. It'd probably scare people, however ... think about the clientele -- if you've got a lot of guys who are there to check out the women, what would they do to see a bunch of women dressed as men? xD

Inamichan
01-19-2005, 02:12 AM
I think a Gravi shoot at Hooters would be hilarious. It'd probably scare people, however ... think about the clientele -- if you've got a lot of guys who are there to check out the women, what would they do to see a bunch of women dressed as men? xD

Men who like men, even. >D;;

Shadablade
01-19-2005, 08:28 AM
You would have to post a "signboard" by the table explaining the situation....otherwise you would never get a chance to eat b/c you would be constantly explaining it....LoL....I know this from neko 99 when me and some friends went to dennys in our King of Fighters costumes....Poor people....we even eat in character. LoLoL

Finding Beauty
01-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Men who like men, even. >D;;

Exactly. xD Man, that's a mind bender for all the poor uninformed people.

*eyes dart-- goes to see if there is a Hooters within reasonable distance of the Sheraton*

... do they take reservations?

QuickSilver
02-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh man I haven't checked this in a while. ^^;

AH! HOOTERS! SWEET! That would be so great... man people are going to get so confused. All the better. *evil laugh*
So Hooters it is, if we can find one in reasonable distance?

*Ryu staring directly into waitresses chest*
Girl: "Um, Sir..? Can I help you..?"
Ryu: "...." *pokes*

QuickSilver
02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Anyone have a problem with it being outside on the grass sometime Saturday afternoon?

[Also, so nothing conflicts, dinner (wherever that may be!) could always be alot later in the evening when everything's slightly died down]

Finding Beauty
02-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Anyone have a problem with it being outside on the grass sometime Saturday afternoon?

[Also, so nothing conflicts, dinner (wherever that may be!) could always be alot later in the evening when everything's slightly died down]

Eek. Saturday, I'm planning to be Vincent -- which means taking off a tedious costume (with claw ...) and lots of makeup, as well as a wig, since I think I am going to cut my hair short for Ryuichi. ^.^ (I don't want any of this ponytail-tucked-into-shirt business.)

But I could probably manage it if Saturday is the best time for everyone else.

QuickSilver
02-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Eek. Saturday, I'm planning to be Vincent -- which means taking off a tedious costume (with claw ...) and lots of makeup, as well as a wig, since I think I am going to cut my hair short for Ryuichi. ^.^ (I don't want any of this ponytail-tucked-into-shirt business.)

But I could probably manage it if Saturday is the best time for everyone else.

Oh no, if it's more convenient for you we could see about Friday afternoon, maybe? And what better way to kick off a Con than with gratuitous man-groping? :bigtu: Taking off all that Vincent wear sounds like a trial in itself...

My koi and I are probably doing Shu/Yuki (as well as Yuki/Haru) Saturday anyway, but Friday just for the Gravi Shoot could work.

But you know we could just keep scooting it around until it's good for everybody. ^_^

Finding Beauty
02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Oh no, if it's more convenient for you we could see about Friday afternoon, maybe? And what better way to kick off a Con than with gratuitous man-groping? :bigtu: Taking off all that Vincent wear sounds like a trial in itself...

My koi and I are probably doing Shu/Yuki (as well as Yuki/Haru) Saturday anyway, but Friday just for the Gravi Shoot could work.

But you know we could just keep scooting it around until it's good for everybody. ^_^

Well, if we went to Zenny's -- I mean ... Denny's -- we could do that at ANY time, since they're open 24 hours. (It would probably be funnier at two or three AM. LOL.) I'd be perfectly cool for doing the dinner Saturday night, at that rate, since I'm sure I'd want to get out of the Vincent costume later on anyhow.

But ... I can also take it off for the shoot on Saturday afternoon if need be. I'm flexible. ^.^

hyperperson
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
LA LI HO!! I've got no problem in bringing out my Shuichi costume if you guys are still lookin' for one. ^_^

Yuki kun
02-26-2005, 02:26 PM
OoOoOo...Gravi. is taking over all conventions, ne? >>; Well, well. I'm here and I already have a group of Gravi cosplayers. If you want any of us...feel free to ask. I don't mind...nor do I bite...hard.

I'm normally Eiri but I do have a Ryuichi and Shuichi outfits. I'm rather tall...so Eiri suits me overly well.

If I can talk people into it...we will have Kitazawa Yuki. ( You can see him on my profile...I'm tempted to drag him into another costume...he doesn't like being the gay podephile. Heh...) We PROBABLY will have...Mika, Noriko, Shuichi, Me...

We've been to two cons as Gravitation and I can very well say...I can have just about any Eiri outfit you could ask for...>_> Minus the Kimono...

My hair won't be sprayed this time around, though. So I will look...slightly different. It's not going to be dyed either...though I'm tempted to try. We was planning on being from Fruits Basket on Saturday...but I'll have a wig as Yuki so I wouldn't mind changing for photos. Changing from Yuki to Eiri and vice versa wouldn't be too hard if that's what is decided. It's still not decided if that's who everyone will be...We might just end up with Gravitation all weekend.

No one can decide yet...So...send me an IM or something...I'll try to get back to you and all that good stuff.

QuickSilver
04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, April 8th...anyone getting nervous yet? :toothy:

So as is, it's been narrowed down to - Friday or Saturday afternoon on the grassy knoll outside the building? Whichever most people can make it to.

hyperperson
04-10-2005, 02:11 PM
saturday would probably be best for me, as long as it doesnt overlap the fushigi yuugi photoshoot. also, i've read many posts of people who either cant be there on friday or wont be there untilk late due to graduation. so i would say that saturday would be your best bet. ^_^

QuickSilver
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Your right, alot of people have graduation late (Lucky me, mine's on the 13th). Eh, I guess we'll just have to see.

Yuki kun
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah. We lost a lot of our people thanks to Graduation ( I've been saying Gravitation at school every time I try to say it. x_x ) So...yeah. We lost everyone!! I would be fine with doing it Saturday afternoon or whatever I just need a set time and all.

I was originally thinking of being Eiri Sunday wise...but whatever. I still might just stick to being Ryuichi Saturday evening. o_o;;

I was also thinking on a YnM cosplay Saturday...hmm...I have no idea. o_o I guess we could switch YnM and Gravi...I dunno. I need to check with the others.

hyperperson
05-10-2005, 07:43 PM
okay then, i know nobody has posted on this thread for a while and i see that the time and place still hasnt been decided so how about we meet at the lobby at 2:00pm. does that sound good? (jeez, ive now got 4 photoshoots to attend on saturday. lol. thats ok though, MORE FUN!! ^_^)

Finding Beauty
05-10-2005, 09:01 PM
okay then, i know nobody has posted on this thread for a while and i see that the time and place still hasnt been decided so how about we meet at the lobby at 2:00pm. does that sound good? (jeez, ive now got 4 photoshoots to attend on saturday. lol. thats ok though, MORE FUN!! ^_^)

That time sounds bad for me as well as my friend (who will be cosplaying Tohma for the 'shoot), since we're going to be participating in the cosplay contest in full costumes with makeup and wig on Saturday morning ...

hyperperson
05-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Finding Beauty
That time sounds bad for me as well as my friend (who will be cosplaying Tohma for the 'shoot), since we're going to be participating in the cosplay contest in full costumes with makeup and wig on Saturday morning ...
hmmm...ok, well what do you think would be a better time on saturday to do the shoot then?

QuickSilver
05-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Hmmm....would Friday be a more convenient day for everyone, seeing as there's *alot* of stuff going on Saturday? Just a thought.

Finding Beauty
05-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Hmmm....would Friday be a more convenient day for everyone, seeing as there's *alot* of stuff going on Saturday? Just a thought.

Maybe we should try for a poll asking people what day and general time of day would be best.

Or ... we could all PM each other some kind of contact info and decide on it once we're there and get to see the actual con schedule.

It's so HARD to say, without knowing what's going to be going on when-- the only definite we have is that the raves/dances are late at night and the cosplay is Saturday late morning/early afternoon.

-_-;

I'm pretty flexible about what I can be wearing when we decide on a solid time. I can change from Vincent to Ryuichi for the Gravi shoot, but it might take me a little while. Lol. Because once I remove my white makeup I still look bleached-white.

Oh, also: I think we should get a definitive list of who is actually still interested in participating in the 'shoot, and what they'll be wearing so that we can identify them more easily.

Maybe we should all wear something on our persons to clearly identify ourselves to everyone else -- like maybe a ribbon or something? -- until we all get together.

QuickSilver
05-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Good idea - we'll just do it that way then. Wait until we all see the schedule and work around it for a time. As for the shoot, we know we have a puppy-suit Shuichi (Anarchy Avenger), Yuki (myself), Ryuichi (Finding Beauty) and Tohma (Enigmatic Angst). Anyone else still interested in coming?

If you wants my cell number I'll PM it to anyone who wants it to get in touch closer to the con. ^ ^

Finding Beauty
05-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Okay, I have gone back all the way through the thread and here is what I have so far for the group. If you AREN'T going to participate, then feel free to correct me.

QuickSilver -- Yuki
Inamichan -- Hiro (concert)
Finding Beauty -- Ryuichi (concert)
EnigmaticAngst -- Tohma (probably concert)
AnarchyAvenger -- Shuichi (concert)
hyperperson -- Shuichi (concert and regular -- which for the shoot?)
Yuki kun -- Yuki
nixxer -- Not sure of character and/or participation?

Weird, for some reason I thought we had more people than that. x_x; I guess the thread just kind of exploded. So, it looks like we're doubled up on Yuki and Shuichi, but the more the merrier. Is there anyone I missed?

Inamichan
05-16-2005, 02:45 AM
I know I haven't been around the forums, like...at all.. n___n; But I'm afraid I'm not making it to AZ this year. Had trouble with time and money, so...ehhyeah.. ><; I'll be bringing my Hiro costume to Otakon if anyone's going, though.

hyperperson
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
i will most likely be doing regular shuichi for the shoot. i'm not quite sure yet though. i guess it depends on when we decide to have it. ^_^
also, i'm not positive on this yet but we might have yet another yuki as well. just thought i'd give you a heads up. my friend is trying to decide if she wants to. i'll let you know when she makes up her mind.

AnarchyAvenger
05-16-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm going to be puppy outfit shuichi, and quicksilver is going to be the most sexy yuki ever *pleased*^_^ So I think that we are good except for a hiro....*crys a little* but hey i like where this is going!
So we have

Shuichi puppy
Yuki
Ryuichi
Tohma
and one less Hiro...

Kolaris
05-17-2005, 11:44 PM
whee

Anyhoo..i found this thread and just thought i'd duck in to say i'm planning on doing shuichi (orange sunflower wedding dress shuichi to be exact :p) on friday. (Kaoru from dir en grey on saturday)

so..yea ?

XD

Fiver
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey,

My husband and I will be cosplaying as Shuichi and Yuki on Saturday. I will be in Shuichi's regular clothes. This is our first time cosplaying together and doing anime.

~Mel

AnarchyAvenger
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Ok everybody, how's Friday, 1PM, outside in front of the hotel (weather providing of course)?

Kandascending
05-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi! Ummm...yeah my friend recently forced me to watch Gravitation (After having her DVDs in a drawer for several weeks...Heh...) and since then...yesterday to be exact...I was thinking of doing either a Hiro or K cosplay...Hiro because my friend said I reminded her of him somewhat and K, for the exact same reason...that and I want an excuse to whip out my khaki trench and a fake gun. And the glasses. I have a thing for characters who wear sunglasses.

So maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll have one of the costumes done for it. But shhhhhh! None of my friends are supposed to know. >.> Not that they check this board anyway, but y'never know. ^_^

And I could be there any time but Friday evening considering I'm doing a Saiyuki photoshoot that night. Man, am I long winded. ><

*pokes Fiver* I know you. :D