PDA

View Full Version : Eye shadow colors

AniMajor
07-11-2004, 04:21 PM
I was wondering how the eye shadow colors work for different skin tones and eye colors. A Clinique lady told me that lilac and brown go well with blue eyes, but I don't know what would be good for green or brown eyes. I ask because I'm using color contacts for my costumes, and I don't know what would look good for each color.

Seraphims
07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
use something subtle and you won't have a problem with most colors. I've never had problems with any subtle color. Don't use bright blue or lime green and your fine.

Basic browns compliment most eye colors and greys and such go well to.

China-Lilly
07-11-2004, 08:05 PM
The main thing is not to compete with your own eyecolour - while blue eyed people CAN wear blue eyeshadow, it's important not to pick a shade of blue that is the same as your eyecolour.

Best thing to do it look at a colour wheel (you can get them at most art stores). Colours that are at opposite ends of the colour wheel will provide the strongest contrast, and bring out that eyecolour the most. For example, the opposite of blue is yellow/orange, so a gold eyeshadow will really bring out the blueness in blue eyes. You don't always have to go with that colour exactly, a gold toned eyeshadow, or one with some gold in it, will work just as nicely.

AniMajor
07-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks, that sounds good.