PDA

View Full Version : Comiket: Last Call

Golgo M.
12-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Okay, just to get things straight, it seems it will be only myself, Briareos, and L to the 3rd at this year's winter Comiket, so...

To those mentioned, what days will you be attending?

To those who are coming and have not been mentioned, what are you going as? I'm getting my Kakashi costume together again, but I doubt I will have anything ready but that. Oh, if I only had Sharingan eyes, I would go as Sasuke's brother.

L to the 3rd
12-03-2002, 06:15 PM
um all three days... it looks like i'm wearing Legolas, Squall (or battousai) and Sailor Jupiter.

Mink
12-03-2002, 06:19 PM
Where is it again?

Golgo M.
12-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Mink
Where is it again?

Tokyo Big Sight, the weekend of Dec. 28th through the 30th.

I wish I had the time to make another costume. Gee, I wonder if I have the time to make a Sanosuke outfit. L to the 3rd, would you be up for a double-team on Sunday if you come as Battousai?

katchoo
12-03-2002, 11:08 PM
I'll probably be going to the next one...is there one in the spring/summer? I have a friend moving out there that I am going to stay with.

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
is sunday the last day of comiket? cuz on
the last day, i'm cosplaying with Barbie
and kaie. I might wear Battousai, it's not too
hard to bring but the hakama gets wrinkled easily.

Golgo M.
12-04-2002, 04:59 PM
The days have been pushed back from what I know. Normally it's Friday through Sunday, but due to the holidays falling midweek, it has been bumped back to fit into schedules. This year it will be from Saturday December 28th to Monday December 30th.

I had no idea that Barbie and Kaie still cosplay. No, they're not friends of mine, but you get to recognize their names.

Bring the hakama along if you'd like. One thing I have found out, it's much easier to get photographed if you hang in a group.

To katchoo24: they run in December and August, although if you hunt for one, you'll find a cosplay con every month.

katchoo
12-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Do you know if anyone sells a packedged deal for the august one? I wouldn't know where to start to arrange a trip myself.

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 06:08 PM
i remeber seeing the package deals online, do a google (www.google.com) search on "Comiket"

Daitenshi
12-16-2002, 02:11 AM
ah! How did I miss this thread? I'm going as well~!
I'm bringing Shirin, Full Moon.. and something else ^^;;; I'll be there all three days. I'm so excited!

Golgo M.
12-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
ah! How did I miss this thread? I'm going as well~!
I'm bringing Shirin, Full Moon.. and something else ^^;;; I'll be there all three days. I'm so excited!

Cool, I will see everyone coming on all three days. I plan to cosplay as my Kakashi persona on Saturday and perhaps a Sanosuke outfit if I can get the materials together in time. Monday will just be a day of pictures for me.

If anyone wants to do anything or just get through to someone that knows the Comiket area, give me a call on my cell: 090-9426-7090 and ask for Golgo.

Briareos
12-17-2002, 06:22 AM
I will be there all three days, but not in a costume has I dont have any ...yet.
But I will bring my digi camrea with me, so there will at least be one to take pictures of you guys :cool:

I will try to find a manga/anime character there are easy to make out of normal clothes as I have no sewing skills :(

If you guys know a character there are easy to do, please PM or email me.
Dont use this thread for that reason.

Hope to see you guys in a week :)

-Bri

sailor-moon
12-17-2002, 09:30 PM
-.-crappies>< im going in august -.-

FlameSniperRei
12-18-2002, 04:39 PM
Ok so Golgo, Daitenshi, and Briareos for this winter Comiket?

L^3, myself, and our older sister will be there in costume. We are going to cosplay Sera Myu Senshi with a big group of Japanese cosplayers (Barbie and co.) so you'll prob see us in Myu on the 1st or 2nd day. I wanted to wear Yuffie but since it's so cold there I can't X_X*.

I think we'll be there all three days as well does it start the 28 and end the 30th? Though I might not go on the 30th I want to attend this concert and I don't wanna be late. :)

Aoshi Shinomori
12-18-2002, 04:50 PM
You girls have fun and take lots of pics ok

Golgo M.
12-19-2002, 10:24 AM
Okay, so it sounds complete. Daitenshi, Briareos, L^3, FlameSniper, we'll get in touch.

Remember, if anything, come to the International office if you are lost or unable to find anyone else. It is a decent area to get in contact with other English speakers. It's located in the East Wing (the area opposite of the cosplay area, so it's a walk), on the main floor and not the ground floor. It's next to the long line of people putting their bags in lockers.

L to the 3rd
12-19-2002, 03:49 PM
yep yep..cant' miss me...i'll be squall, legolas and sailor jupiter.. i decided to not bring battousai cuz of the hakama. ^_^;

Daitenshi
12-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Oh! I can't wait to see your Legolas *o*
Fweeee~! *too excited!*

FlameSniperRei
12-23-2002, 12:50 PM
^,^ YAY! I've decided to bring my Aki Ross costume, I know I can keep warm in that.

AH crud! There's no way I'm bringing Rinoa I will be frozen solid. It's unfair for FF8 group cosplayers, someone is either always burning up (in the summer) or freezing (in the winter.)

Anyway see u guys there!!! :D *prances*

Briareos
12-23-2002, 01:24 PM
I finally found a easy character to do. Jigen Daisuke from Lupin the 3, so I will at least cosplaying one of the days.
My first cosplay >.<

-Bri

L to the 3rd
12-25-2002, 06:04 PM
cya guys there..I'm leaving for japan tomorrow morning. I'm fixing up my legolas costume as we speak!!!
I think i might wear that on the first day.

Briareos
12-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Well, the same here. My plane is about to leave in nine hours from now. Tomorrow I will go to Akihabara and Jimbocho at first
for checking out some anime shops there and buy some bigger flash memory's for my camera.

-Bri:wave:

FlameSniperRei
12-26-2002, 12:46 AM
I'll be cosplaying Galadriel along with my sister L^3 who will be Legolas. I'm borrowing my other sister's costume ^.^* ! *decided not to bring her Aki Ross* Also we'll be in Sera Myu (sailor moon musical) costumes on the 30th provided that it doesnt snow because we'll freeze our butts off X_X*

I am off to bed, tomorrow our plane leaves at 9am! c u all at comiket!!!

Briareos
12-27-2002, 03:33 AM
Hi

Well, I arrived to Tokyo in one piece, and are sitting in a bar which have a internet connection I can abuse.
I hope you all arrived here with not to many problems. I got one - I couldn`t fall asleep in the plane so I have been awake for 27 hours now........zzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

See you guys tomorrow.

-Bri

Golgo M.
12-27-2002, 04:58 AM
Hopefully, this gets through. No idea if I will make it to Comiket tomorrow, since I have been nailed with a stomach bug and can eat close to nothing. It will be a game-time decision. If you see a foreigner that looks like my avatar tomorrow, it'll be me! If not...well, catch you some other day there.

Briareos
12-27-2002, 05:15 AM
Bad news:(

Hopefully you make it tomorrow, so I can meet you.
You not the only one that look awful now.
To many "Hoegaarden" inside in this bar in Asakusa makes me look like you :cheers:

odaijini

-Bri

Briareos
12-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Just came back from the first day at the Comiket, and the only one I meet there was Golgo M. I wonder where Daitenshi, FlameSniperRei and L to the 3rd went?

sailor-moon
12-28-2002, 02:07 AM
if ya see them in moonie gear please take loads of pictures!!!^o^

Golgo M.
12-28-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
if ya see them in moonie gear please take loads of pictures!!!^o^

Honestly, not a lot of moonies today, then again it's the bishounen parade the first day.

Well, got through Day 1, but my body is screaming for food and relief. The worst thing about the Norwalk virus (the one EVERYONE catches on plane trips or cruises lately) is that you have three straight days of no appetite due to nausea or diarrhea. Yay me. Took a few, got a lot taken of me. The impressive ones? A really good Ascot from Rayearth, a lot of Naruto and Prince of Tennis wanderers, and one Star Trek outfit. That's about it.

Like I said, it was bishounen day. Day 2 will happen if my damn stomach can handle it.

Briareos
12-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Thanks for meeting you all on the last day at the Comiket. I got some great pictures of you all. Oh, it seemse that I did meet FlameSniperRei and L to the 3rd on the first day. I just didn`t knew it was you >.<

A happy new year to all of you from Asakusa(Tokyo), Japan.

-Bri

L to the 3rd
01-06-2003, 04:34 PM
I just got back from Japan... ooh boy. comiket was like.. comic-con x 100. it was insane. we were lucky to run into Daitenshi, Briareos and Golgo! I was walking around as Legolas on Saturday very briefly and i was getting mobbed so I coulnd't move very far..

I only stayed in the front cosplay area for about 2 hours or less. The next day I was Squall and I got to move around a lot more but still didnt' find anyone. ^_^; finally the last day, I was in my Sera myu Jupiter for a long time and Golgo recognized us.. I thought he was just some guy who wanted a pic..gomen ne. ^_^;; It was cool to finally meet u all though. LOL~

Golgo M.
01-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Now you know what it's like in Japan, as well as how shocking it must be to find people outside of Japan cosplaying in Japan.

It was nice to finally run across all of you on the last day. Usually, that's the worst one to cosplay on, since EVERYONE comes in. At least you guys managed to find the corner and make yourself some space.

Sadly, this was my last Comiket. We all must move on. I'm almost afraid to look at Otakon 2003 as my last cosplaying con too.

Daitenshi
01-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have any links to pictures? My searches have turned up nothing ^^;

Golgo M.
01-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Let's see...I haven't gotten my pictures scanned yet, and I have trouble scouting out pages, but a few people handed me a few business cards, and I've found my pictures up on their pages. Did anyone give you any?

It just occurred to me that I have none or you or Briareos. My apologies, since my head was in the clouds day three. I shall keep looking for photos!

L to the 3rd
01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
i have some pics..i'm working on my report right now.. ^_^

i got a ton of cosplay cards.but none of them have really put up a report yet..^_^;

kelldar
01-07-2003, 10:53 PM
gosh I want to go to comiket *_* maybe next year. I can't wait to see pics from you guys!!

Daitenshi
01-08-2003, 01:15 AM
I got a few cards, but one of the pages doesn't work (I can't tell if it reached it's minit or if it's a bad URL) and others just don't have their pics up yet ^^ I'm just far too impatient.

Oh, here's the one that is giving me trouble:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-ink/6930/

L to the 3rd
01-08-2003, 02:12 AM
my friend Barbie gave me a pic of you, Daitenshi.... I think i may have a print of it.. well here it is for ya!:bouncer:

FlameSniperRei
01-08-2003, 02:07 PM
OMG Comiket is a huge cosplaying con! I think 30-35% of the attendees were in costume and there were like 300,000 attendees no joke! *.* Too bad it's soooo crowded that you can't bring weapons or big accessories ;_;!

It was good seeing you all at the con, I thought I wasnt gonna see any of you because there were a jillion cosplayers and people in the outdoor cosplay area, it was insaneness! X_X

Daitenshi
01-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Whee! Thanks! Barbie is such a sweetie =D
I'm so happy I got a chance to see you guys! I'll post my pics as soon as I can get to my other computer (around the 20th).

L to the 3rd
01-08-2003, 03:15 PM
np ! ^_^

OMg I got hassled because of my quiver and arrows..
They still were hesitant even though i showed them
that they were just ghetto sticks w/ feathers taped on.. -_-;
but yea..i was like ''i'm not going anywhere w/ out
my arrows" *snaps fingers*

Briareos
01-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Just finish uploading my pictures from camera to PC - around 400 pic's.
I got some good pic's of Golgo M., Daitenshi, FlameSniperRei and L to the 3rd.
I only got one little problem, no more space in my member gallery :( and I dont want to delete my old ones.
Still got some 200 pic's from Comiket 62 that hasn't been uploaded here yet.
I will try to ask the Admin for some more space. It will take some time before my own site is up and running.

-Bri

Ringo
01-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Daitenshi - Yeah for Full Moon cosplay I only ever see Meruko and Takuto. Nice work ^_^
I need to finsih mine >_<

Golgo M.
01-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Daitenshi, the link is easy to fix; the "i" in ink needs to be capitalized to "Ink". As far as I can see, you aren't up yet.

A few sites I have accessed have pictures of me, one coming out really good. I'll show a link later on, when I have the chance to.

Daitenshi
01-08-2003, 07:23 PM
*changes*..... this man needs to spell check his business card ^^
I wouldn't be surprised if my pics never makes it up on a lot of sites... I was really tired and really didn't think I looked that great in the harsh winter light ^^; I got a small polaroid from one guy and it's a little depressing =P As silly as it sounds the Japanese cosplayers have a huge advantage with their cute little noses. Mine casts quite a shadow XD

L to the 3rd
01-08-2003, 07:46 PM
I looked horrible i thinks.. squinting in the sunlight
and there was no mirror in the changing area either..
so i couldn't see if i looked decent -_-;

Daitenshi
01-08-2003, 10:16 PM
The changing area was quite an experience.
It made me wish I had a costume with a skirt so I wouldn't have to show off my butt to the masses... ^^;

It was amazing to watch Barbie direct everyone's poses. She makes sure everyone looks perfect before the pictures begin. So don't worry, you two looked fine ^_~

FlameSniperRei
01-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Omg yeah it was an experience. We had NO idea how to get to the changing room for the longest time and it took them 20 mins to find an english speaking staff member. So finally a staff member dressed as BlackJack came and showed us where to change and told me that all the lockers were full. We're so dumb cuz we thought we can change in the bathrooms roflol. ^,^*

L to the 3rd
01-09-2003, 03:02 PM
comiket 63 report is up! I'm still adding a few pics here and there though.

http://www.sailorjamboree.com/conreports/comiket63/comiket.html

Golgo M.
01-09-2003, 05:03 PM
I guess I should have given more details about the changing room and its rules. Basically, it all used to be in the same hall, the boys and girls separated into individual changing areas by a think makeshift wall. Nowadays, however, and I still consider this unfair to the ladies, the guys go down to the bottom floor into this nice heated/air-conditioned room. A lot less painful for us guys, but they ought to alternate this room, so the girls could change in comfort half the time. You also usually need to bring your own mirror, and color hair spray is a no-no in the changing areas.

Nice page, L.

L to the 3rd
01-09-2003, 07:59 PM
man i wanted to get pics of you guys but i didnt' have the camera.. my elder sis (non cosplaying at the time) had it and i only had the camera on the first 2 days, briefly.

FlameSniperRei
01-09-2003, 11:35 PM
I dont think the downstairs facility could handle the girls, there were like a jillion girls getting changed. I never seen that many people getting dressed in one place before! X_X

Briareos
01-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Back home from work. Jubii, weekend. I am glad that on the first day I meet Golgo M., he showed me
where the boys changing room was or else I was sure that I would have spend hours on finding it.
Just made some quick pictures to put up here in this tread.
I have resize and compressed them so they fit in here under the 100K limits.
If you want the original pictures, mail me and I will send them to you, but first a little warning.
The size of the pictures is something like 1.7 to 2.7 Mb big.

I got 2 pictures of Jenny, 3 of Golgo M., and 14 of FlameSniperRei / L to the 3rd.

-Bri :chatah:

Briareos
01-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Yeah weekend.....:cheers:

-Bri

Briareos
01-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Sera-myu ahead......... :love:

-Bri

Briareos
01-10-2003, 01:41 PM
4 post in a row - sue me.... :skidude2:

-Bri

FlameSniperRei
01-10-2003, 07:48 PM
cool! thanx for posting the pix!! ^.^

Golgo M.
01-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Boy, all of those pictures came out miles better than mine! Thanks, Bri.

Well...I guess you can judge for yourselves. Posted most of my Comiket 63 pictures in the member gallery!