PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn Coverup (and help!!!)

tiara_fora_halo
07-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Because of where I work I got majorly sunburned. So I have a few questions.

Okay first is my face got sunburned a little, so now it is a cherry pink-red and I need to be able to cosplay Saturday. Will something like base do the trick or will I need to use concealer also to help?

(Here is where it doesn't have to do with makeup but it does have to do with skin)

Alright, my legs also got sunburned, a lot badly. It hurts a lot to move them because the back of my knee was sunburned. Does anyone have any hints on how to help the healing speed up on really dark and bad sunburns? Any hints on how to get rid of some pain?

This would really be appreciated.

Jen-neko
07-12-2004, 06:53 AM
To help take away some of the pain, use Aloe Vera gel. It has a cooling effect on the burn (which is nice :3 It even worked when a hot spark landed on my foot while I was camping!) Use GEL, not LOTION. Once I just tried some lotion that said it had aloe vera in it....and it burned. Bad. You can buy the gel at places like Target and Wal-Mart. It's usually green, but I've seen some clear stuff, too.

As for covering up your burns, I tried liquid foundation with powder over it. It sort of worked, only then the place where I got sunburned just looked a little bit darker than the rest of my skin :P Anyway, a lot of people suggest Dermablend for covering such things as scars, severe acne, etc. If your sunburn is really bad, I suggest using this. If it's not that bad (like your face doesn't seem to sound), you can try my method and see if it works for you. It's easier, and cheaper =X_x=

zephy
07-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I definately second the gel aloe. I have extremely fair skin and have been burned to the point of blisters a number of times. I know this can't be good for me in the long run.

If you get to the point of it burning and itching and crawling, a cold shower typically helps. Also, once you start to heal, use a lotion with vitamin E in it. But wait until you start to heal! especially if and when your skin starts peeling, it will help with that.

For covering up, the only thing I can sugges is the liquid foundation, perhaps with a quick pat of loose powder over it. The best you can really do is make sure you put on sunblock whend you go out to prevent getting burnd any more than you already are. Best bet, though, is to stay out of the sun!

archangeli
07-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Try these threads....

covering sunburn thread:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34457

Don't be stupid.... have sun block
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=36211

Yakitsuku
07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Of course, use the aloe vera gel. I'm extremely pale and I've gotten sunburned and it hurts really bad. Also, you can use a plain tea bag it feels very nice because you can make it cold. The tannic acid in it helps to ease the pain of the sunburn. Hope I helped!

Yunalover88
07-12-2004, 11:46 PM
You can use aloe vera, does wonders! And, if your back or wherever you're burnt, try putting something cold on it, like ice, or if you can, chilled tile! I've tried that, and it really takes away the itch!

Jen-neko
07-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Putting ice directly on the skin can damage it, so be sure to wrap it in a cloth or something first (running an ice cube over the skin is one thing, but when keeping ice on the skin for an extended period of time, be sure it's wrapped).

Also, to prevent future burns, USE SUNSCREEN :P If you know you're gonna be outside at all, you should be wearing it. If you're gonna be out for a long time, get the highest SPF you can find.