PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay DVD...anyone gotten it yet?

Evander
07-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey there. I'm just wondrin if anybody who ordered the 2004 AZ cosplay dvd has received it yet. I ordered it and it hasn't come yet...holla back please.

Rei2Rei
07-12-2004, 09:22 AM
I was also wondering that.

I haven't received mine, either. So I'm guessing they haven't sent them out...Maybe?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Is there anyway to order them NOW? I didn't go to AZ04 and i would really like to see the cosplay...

Rei2Rei
07-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Is there anyway to order them NOW? I didn't go to AZ04 and i would really like to see the cosplay...

Hmm...I don't think you can order it off their website. You could try e-mailing them. Though they can be bad at e-mailing back sometimes.

Evander
07-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, I dunno if you can order it from the site or what. I guess they just haven't sent them out yet. I wait eagerly...

mastertaco
07-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I was also wondering this, as I am waiting on that DVD to complete my cosplay MV/Documentary.
Please post if anyone get theirs! :D
Anyone sent E-mails to Animazement?

Prof Farnsworth
07-14-2004, 08:10 PM
I haven't gotten mine either. Has anybody seen aything on their website about when they'll be ready?

Katu Fushigi
07-14-2004, 10:55 PM
*snarls* There was a guy who said that you'd be able to order it off the website. I guess time will tell?

End Lifeking
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
I ordered one and about two weeks ago emailed them (6/29/04) asking about it, and they said that they were in the final stages of production and that a shipping date should have been sometime that week or the following. Also that if you didn't recieve it by then to email them, well its been around two weeks and I just emailed them today and am waiting for a reply.

Evander
07-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Hmmmm, this is kinda dissapointing to know, that production has taken so long when it wasn't supposed to...but all good things are worth the wait, eh?

End Lifeking
07-16-2004, 02:43 PM
I got a reply and they said that the production date is taking longer then expected(which means they got no idea when it will be ready). Also that they are trying to get it posted on the AZ website to let people know when they were sent out.

Evander
07-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Well, I guess I'll just have to stay attuned to that website. Thanks.

End Lifeking
07-29-2004, 12:32 AM
According to the Animemazement website dvd is planned to be shipped out by the end of the month.......Which is in 2 days, but Im not getting my hopes up. Yet I'd thought I'd put this up here for those who also ordered he dvd and are waiting for it to arrive.

Evander
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
very cool news, thanks.

liz-maru
08-03-2004, 10:16 AM
-_________- ive waited so long i hope they send it already!! ><;

End Lifeking
08-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Its not fair....Its not fair.......Like everybody else out there who bought a copy of the cosplay dvd, I too have been waiting for it to come in. Unfortunately, I leave in two days for college and would like to be able to get that dvd in before I go......I'm going to go insane if it arrives at my house after I have already left.....

Lady Karmina
08-05-2004, 11:41 AM
It shouldn't take that much longer for you guys ^_^;;
Mine arrived today! Keep your hopes up! They'll be coming!!!

GreatSG
08-05-2004, 01:19 PM

I hope they do sale them online, Cause I meant to order one and forgot too. If not, if someone will be kind enough to rip the DVD for me... I'll be happy. :P
I just want to see if my little bit at the end of the Soviet's sketch is on there or not. :bigtu:

Rei2Rei
08-05-2004, 11:52 PM

Really? Yay! It's good to know that they sent them out! Have you watched yours yet?? Does it look and sound good??

Katu Fushigi
08-06-2004, 08:06 PM
"But why is the Sake gone?!"

You know, they'll probably sell them at 05 for like, half price.

End Lifeking
08-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I GOT IT!!!.....I FINALLY GOT IT!!!......Even though I got it around three days after I left my house for college.......::holds urge to kill at bay:: but oh well......Yet there are a few things I have noticed about the dvd.....:: pulls down chalk board and a ruler appears in hand:: The sound quality.....it needs work.......:: points towards second one:: The video quality....the camera man needs to quite shaking and figure out what he is looking at.....but other then that....it was good.

Evander
08-13-2004, 03:57 AM
Yes, I got mine also, today. Tis good stuff. I like it a lot. Brings back good memories of good times.

RamenNoodles
08-14-2004, 02:02 AM
I just got mine in the mail the other day! I really REALLY think that they should have implemented a chapters feature. REALLY. There's no way to fast-forward to one that you really like easily. Just my opinion.

But it was fun being able to finally see all the other skits, since I went at just about the very end in the Advanced category. I totally loved the Frankenstein Dance and the Resident Evil Thriller bit! ^-^ Yay for everyone that competed!

Masahiro018
06-08-2005, 11:56 PM
"But why is the Sake gone?!"

I really want a shirt with that quote on it.

Archelon
06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I just got mine in the mail the other day! I really REALLY think that they should have implemented a chapters feature. REALLY. There's no way to fast-forward to one that you really like easily. Just my opinion.

But it was fun being able to finally see all the other skits, since I went at just about the very end in the Advanced category. I totally loved the Frankenstein Dance and the Resident Evil Thriller bit! ^-^ Yay for everyone that competed!

Thank you very much. I was the Leon in the Thriller skit. But that was from last year. Did you order last year's dvd too? I didn't know you could do that. Dang it.

Spiffy
06-09-2005, 06:49 AM
'twould appear that Masahiro unearthed a topic from last year...wow... XD

Masahiro018
06-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey - I'm new to the forums. Let me roll around in the old dirty threads for a while. I'll take a bath when I'm done :p

AkumaSephitaro
06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
... Bad Wolfwood! No cross for you! :p

Masahiro018
06-09-2005, 09:43 PM
... Bad Wolfwood! No cross for you! :p

Well what the Hell am I supposed to use to prop me up when I do my death monologue? Hmm.

HEY! How bout a cross made out of stripper poles...and I go as Chipendale(sp) Wolfwood. Huh? Huh?

On second thought that would reserve me a seat in Hell.

Kurai Seraphim
06-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Well what the Hell am I supposed to use to prop me up when I do my death monologue? Hmm.

HEY! How bout a cross made out of stripper poles...and I go as Chipendale(sp) Wolfwood. Huh? Huh?

On second thought that would reserve me a seat in Hell.

At least you get a seat. Some of us have to do the wall leany thing and let me tell you, they don't keep them clean...

Spiffy
06-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Your death monologue made me cry, damn you! *shakes fist* XD

Stripper poles...Chippendale...oh my...happy thoughts... o___O

... *leans on wall next to Seraphim* >>

AkumaSephitaro
06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Hehe, stripper polls are good :D

*runs around with Wolfwoods cross* ^___^

Though what was that thing made out of, anyway?

Masahiro018
06-11-2005, 01:17 AM
On a technical level it was made with PVC pipe, bonding cement, screws, paint, cabinet rollers and love.

As far as my muscles were concerened by the third day: It was full of mercy.

Himemiya
06-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Dude, don't bump a topic from last year!! I was all excited to read people got their DVDs!!!! ;___;

Anyway, has anyone from 2005 heard anything DVD wise yet?

Masahiro018
06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I've been checking my mail-box every day. Both for mail from friends back home (unlikely) and the Cosplay DVD (even more unlikely.)

Alas :(

Kurai Seraphim
06-12-2005, 11:02 AM
We have a staff meeting type thing next weekend, so we should be able to give a progress report on the DVDs then.

Masahiro018
06-12-2005, 06:20 PM
We have a staff meeting type thing next weekend, so we should be able to give a progress report on the DVDs then.

If I do not recieve my DVD soon, I will start sacrificing fangirls to appease the Audio/Visual gods. After I run out of them I'll have to move on to fanboys. And I'll start with the ones that are prettier than me...which means practically everyone.

Don't make me go there :miffed:

Ultraman
06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
If I do not recieve my DVD soon, I will start sacrificing fangirls to appease the Audio/Visual gods. After I run out of them I'll have to move on to fanboys. And I'll start with the ones that are prettier than me...which means practically everyone.

OH! OH! Can I help with the sacrificing of the fangirls? Please?

AdrianTepesIII
06-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Your death monologue made me cry, damn you! *shakes fist* XD

Stripper poles...Chippendale...oh my...happy thoughts... o___O

... *leans on wall next to Seraphim* >>

ROFL! Sorry! That one caught me off guard and apple juice spitting soon developed. XD

AdrianTepesIII
06-13-2005, 08:28 AM

::clutches his chest:: Thank God, I'm safe, then. However, I do have a wide range of weapons for you to choose from such as:

-A computer mouse
-Broken Camera Tripod
-Wal-Mart bags
-Old, dirty shoes
-Power Wheels Barbie Jeep so you can take 'em out GTA style.

:bigtu:

malinn
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Sacrificing fangirls?

Himemiya
06-13-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna sacrifice some staff members ^.~ I want iiiiit! ;-;

Masahiro018
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Sacrificing fangirls?

...they squeal...and make random glomp attacks.

CHARLIE IN THE TREES! CHARLIE IN THE TREES!

::gets glomped by a fangirl jumping out of the hotel planters::

Man down! Man down!

Kurai Seraphim
06-13-2005, 11:34 PM
-Power Wheels Barbie Jeep so you can take 'em out GTA style.

You ever consider jousting with those things? My roommate and I were strongly considering tracking down power wheels and holding a jousting competition before we realized we'd end up putting deisel in them as soon as we got bored and our senses of self-preservation kicked in.

Masahiro018
06-13-2005, 11:36 PM
You ever consider jousting with those things? My roommate and I were strongly considering tracking down power wheels and holding a jousting competition before we realized we'd end up putting deisel in them as soon as we got bored and our senses of self-preservation kicked in.

Lol. I've jousted in a shopping cart with a broomstick and a trashcan lid at Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure I'm still banned from that particular store.

Archelon
06-13-2005, 11:45 PM
...they squeal...and make random glomp attacks.

CHARLIE IN THE TREES! CHARLIE IN THE TREES!

::gets glomped by a fangirl jumping out of the hotel planters::

Man down! Man down!

That's why you duct tape their arms and legs together. XD

Masahiro018
06-14-2005, 01:13 AM
That's why you duct tape their arms and legs together. XD

Better watch out with that. Some of them like it lol.

Archelon
06-14-2005, 01:27 AM
I guess that could explain why everyone was cheering when I was getting my arms and legs duct taped together. Oyee.

Masahiro018
06-19-2005, 08:22 PM
I've heard rumor that people are finally getting their DVD's. What truth is there to this madman's claim?

Tri23
06-19-2005, 10:13 PM
There is no truth to this. The tapes have made it to Canada where they will be edited soon. (again, blame the AV crew we hired on this one.)

Sorry, please be patient and know that they will be done.

Masahiro018
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
There is no truth to this. The tapes have made it to Canada where they will be edited soon. (again, blame the AV crew we hired on this one.)

Blarg! I am dead x_x

Himemiya
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM

:waaaah: Would you give us a heads up when they start being shipped?

Tri23
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Don't worry.. as soon as these things are finished, I'll be yelling from the highest mounain... and then I'll come down and post a message. :)

We are trying to get the unfinished tapes to COO <sp> the group that did the Evangelion Musical. They want to edit the tapes and put the video up on their site.

Masahiro018
06-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Don't worry.. as soon as these things are finished, I'll be yelling from the highest mounain... and then I'll come down and post a message. :)

We are trying to get the unfinished tapes to COO <sp> the group that did the Evangelion Musical. They want to edit the tapes and put the video up on their site.

...then what was the point of us paying for the DVD when we could DL it for free? Masahiro feels gipped...Masahiro needs a hug :(

Tri23
06-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, the Eva musical may not be on the DVD due to space restrictions.

Masahiro018
06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, the Eva musical may not be on the DVD due to space restrictions.

Oh - I thought you meant the whole Cosplay was going to be for download...I was about to have to pistol-whip someone with the cross punisher.

AkumaSephitaro
06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
oh cool, so we can download the musical? AWESOME! I want eet

Masahiro018
07-08-2005, 02:07 AM
::eye twitching...gun in hand::

D...V...D...

me...want...now.

AdrianTepesIII
07-08-2005, 01:08 PM
::eye twitching...gun in hand::

D...V...D...

me...want...now.

::along side of Masahiro with Land Of The Dead-like motions:: ...urg...DeeeVeeeDeee... ::stagger:: ...ooh, fireworks. ::gawk::

Star_Angel
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Has their been any word on the dvd Tri23?? just curious, Im really eager to see it!! (I just got the dvd from Anime Mid-Atlantic and I now really want to see the one from Animazement!!!)

Tri23
07-10-2005, 02:32 AM
*curse* I was hoping you people would have forgotten about that! :P I hadn't asked the video-guy his status in a while. We fed-ex'ed him the videos about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully he's had time to edit them propper.. I'll get an answer for ya later today.

Prof Farnsworth
07-10-2005, 02:35 AM
I didn't order one at the con, i'll just do it online or summat...it's been asked on the official az forums (once by your's truly :japan: )...i'm sure someone will post a reply when they know for sure

EDIT: (because of timing) ah ok, nm then lol

Tri23
07-10-2005, 06:53 PM
!!!Cosplay DVD Update!!!

Editing on the DVD is complete! The DVD master copy will be shipped out from our editing studio in Canada on Monday or Tuesday. (Everybody knows that the best film studios are in Canada.)

After that the Master copy will be burned with the multi-DVD copier AZ bought this year. At this stage, it will be in the hands of Bex and his team. So everybody who ordered one shoulh *hopefully* get theirs in about 2 weeks from Tuesday. After that it's on the AZ_Webgoddess to get the order forms on the web for everybody else.

And again, we are REALLY sorry for the delay. (sorry for all that money we are losing from not having them for sale on Sunday.) *sniffle* There goes our Staff Beach house on Okinawa... *sigh*

!!! EVA MUSICAL UPDATE !!!
Our AZ_DirectorDude is going to start working on editing the Eva Musical footage down and get a copy sent to COO for them to put on the web. We are also hoping to put a teaser on the DVD. Please note that the Eva Musical had more technical snafu's than Cosplay... but because of the demand, we are really trying to get it done and out to you guys! Again, it will be released through the COO website. (and the link is somewhere on these forums.)

(and sorry.. no speel check)

GreatSG
07-10-2005, 10:17 PM
(Everybody knows that the best film studios are in Canada.)

Are they now? Face it the only good things canada ever gave us were Rush and the lead singer of Dream Theater. :P

Joking aside, good to see that the dvds are coming along, and the news on the Eva musical is very cool, I'll definitely be looking forward to that.

Speaking of delays, I promise that my Convention review will be online by the end of the week, sorry for the delays.

AdrianTepesIII
07-10-2005, 10:51 PM
!!!Cosplay DVD Update!!!

Editing on the DVD is complete! The DVD master copy will be shipped out from our editing studio in Canada on Monday or Tuesday. (Everybody knows that the best film studios are in Canada.)

After that the Master copy will be burned with the multi-DVD copier AZ bought this year.

I am about to pee my pants with excitement.

mastertaco
07-17-2005, 03:42 AM
*Kicks self for laziness* *kicks self again for forgetting to order DVD at con*
Well.....I can't wait for online ordering then :thumbsup:

Masahiro018
07-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Are they now? Face it the only good things canada ever gave us were Rush and the lead singer of Dream Theater. :P

Canada is the United States Expansion Pack.

GreatSG
07-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Canada is the United States Expansion Pack.

Yes. and Mexico is the worlds biggest Dollar Store. :p

Oh yeah... I lied... con report not online yet, i'll yell at my editor next time I talk to him.

Prof Farnsworth
07-19-2005, 01:16 AM

don't forget, they gave us William Shatner, Forever Knight, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies, Neal Young, and how dare anybody forget that Steppenwolf came from canada... but yeah other than that...not much =p. Canada is like a loft apartment above a really great party :rockon:

Masahiro018
07-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Ok...seriously now. If I don't get my DVD in the mail within the next three days, I will beat someone until candy comes out.

AkumaSephitaro
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok...seriously now. If I don't get my DVD in the mail within the next three days, I will beat someone until candy comes out.

I'd like to see that...

(BTW, that cross would sure come in handy for it! )

CosplayAngel
08-02-2005, 09:21 PM

It is Wolfwood ^_^ Hi, I saw the icon and I remembered that cross prop from the cosplay, very cool. I have one question though where do you keep that thing? I have to many fluffy costumes, two mascot heads, two swords, and one huge staff and I never know where to put them :p

Awww, I was hoping they would put the evan musical on the cosplay dvd since I missed getting to see it ^-^'

- Angel

Tri23
08-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Awww, I was hoping they would put the evan musical on the cosplay DVD since I missed getting to see it ^-^'

Again, it will be on the COUP website eventually. Just keep checking, the website. :P

-=Cosplay DVD Update=-
Here's the current status.
About 1.5 weeks ago, I got an IM saying the DVDs were done. This was about a week after I got fussed at for asking why the DVDs hadn't been shipped a week prior as stated. (since I got fussed at, I've quit asking questions and let Info Chick handle all the mail.)

In summary, the DVD's are done but we are waiting on word that they have been received and are in the reproduction process. Again, sorry for the delay. :(

Masahiro018
08-15-2005, 10:25 PM
It is Wolfwood ^_^ Hi, I saw the icon and I remembered that cross prop from the cosplay, very cool. I have one question though where do you keep that thing?

Never underestimate the potential storage space of your parents' house :D

(God knows my tiny 1-room republic can't hold that thing)

Again, it will be on the COUP website eventually. Just keep checking, the website. :P

-=Cosplay DVD Update=-
Here's the current status.
About 1.5 weeks ago, I got an IM saying the DVDs were done. This was about a week after I got fussed at for asking why the DVDs hadn't been shipped a week prior as stated. (since I got fussed at, I've quit asking questions and let Info Chick handle all the mail.)

In summary, the DVD's are done but we are waiting on word that they have been received and are in the reproduction process. Again, sorry for the delay. :(

We don't hold you responsible. In fact, you will likely be the only one involved in the whole operation that me and my band of DVD-deprived ninjas spare...

if you appease us by bringing us a shrubbery.

Prof Farnsworth
08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
if you appease us by bringing us a shrubbery.

...one that's nice...and not too expensive. then when you have found the shubbery you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a 2-level effect with a little path running down the middle. a path! a path!

Masahiro018
08-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok. Hit us with that update, my man. How many names can I cross off of my 'to kill' list? Hmm? Any? One or two? Maybe add a couple?

(Bear in mind, Tri...you will not die for this. You are but the messenger. But you may want to turn your head so as not to be traumatized by what happens to those responsible.)

Tri23
08-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Oooh, look what was in the Info-Mail box today! *cheers*

"All ordered DVDs were mailed tonight!

All DVDs contained either a $5 coupon towards 2006 registration, or a
check for $5 if they had pre-registered.

The coupons are non-transferrable and must be mailed in.

Questions?

thanks,

bex "

Zeus2k2
08-23-2005, 08:13 PM
*goes to calm masahiro from his killing rage*
awesome news Tri...for having to wait all ths time if better be a good dvd *glare* lol

CosplayNeko
08-24-2005, 10:54 AM
yipee! can it be true? ><

Star_Angel
08-24-2005, 12:34 PM
yipee! can it be true? ><
Lol I sure hope so, I cant wait to see it!!

Tri23
08-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey, when you guys get your DVD's in the mail, let post a review of what you thought of this years DVD. There were a lot of snafu's getting this thing made, so I'd like to know what you guys think about:
+ Video quality
+ Production value
+ Dual Cameras
+ Lighting
+ Editing
+ Sound

Any critique you give will be extremely helpful planning next years convention. (except for skit Content and Choreography... we have no control over that.)

Masahiro018
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey, when you guys get your DVD's in the mail, let post a review of what you thought of this years DVD. There were a lot of snafu's getting this thing made, so I'd like to know what you guys think about:
+ Video quality
+ Production value
+ Dual Cameras
+ Lighting
+ Editing
+ Sound

Any critique you give will be extremely helpful planning next years convention. (except for skit Content and Choreography... we have no control over that.)

::calms down::

Ok. This is acceptable. I only have to burn down two DVD production buildings to quell my bloodthirst now. I can live with this.

mastertaco
08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Any word on if we can order it through the internet yet? :thumbsup:
I kind of really want to get this, but sort of forgot to order it at the con :rolleyes:

Tri23
08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Check the website for details. I think it's still going to be mail order until they update the website.

Himemiya
08-26-2005, 02:59 PM
MY DVD CAME!!!!! Asheville, NC!! WAHAHAHA!!

Star_Angel
08-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I also got mine today.
I would say it needs is a case of some type, the editing and everything was good. but no case for it! (I know its a small thing but thats how you protect it for many wonderful nights of watching, lol)
The sound is a bit low for the length of time it took to get the DVD
It would have been nice to have had a chapter section that had each skit as a chapter instead of however the chapters were done, its kinda hard to find the skit you want to watch.

Himemiya
08-27-2005, 10:00 PM
THE. DVD. DOES. NOT. WORK.

It doesn't play in a DVD player. You can view ACripple within the video itself. The sound quality is extremely low quality, especially for taking such a long time to finish. The DVD is FAILING AT THE AWARD CEREMONY. You cannot view it. The video quality is bad, but that's probably the way it was filmed.

I want a new DVD. Immediately.

AkumaSephitaro
08-28-2005, 01:27 AM
I think it's that older DVD players are having problems, I was there with Himemiya when we tried to watch it on her older DVD player.....

For some reason it wouldn't play properly to the end when we used Dave's lap top to watch it, which really wasn't cool either....

And I also think it needs a case really badly

Though the best part of Himemiya's Tekken Cos-play group was cut...... BOO!

Kurai Seraphim
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to borrow someone's copy of the DVD to do QC on it. I didn't really have anything to do with the dvd project, but I could do a general troubleshooting given thats kinda what I do. When I get my hands on one I'll run it through a few dvd tests and get back to you.

As for cases and more specific chapter selection, I'll bring it up in regards to the 2K6 dvd next time we have a meeting.

Tri23
08-31-2005, 04:26 PM
So everybody should have their DVD's by now, and I suspect everybody has tried to play it.

Is everyone seeing the same problems? Are their any other problems? (also, mind you this is all informal. Any formal complaints, please send to Animazement mailbox.)

CosplayNeko
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
I am unable to play it on a PS2 and most of my DVD's that have trouble on regular players play on my PS2. But besides that, I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but my sister back home says her favorite skit was cut up ("Full Moon Wo Sagashite" one) and the entire reason my mom bought it was to see my little brother on stage- He was the first in the youth catagory - And she says all you get to see is him walking off of the stage practically...it's cut too! This is really a shame.

Kurai Seraphim
09-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I am unable to play it on a PS2 and most of my DVD's that have trouble on regular players play on my PS2. But besides that, I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but my sister back home says her favorite skit was cut up ("Full Moon Wo Sagashite" one) and the entire reason my mom bought it was to see my little brother on stage- He was the first in the youth catagory - And she says all you get to see is him walking off of the stage practically...it's cut too! This is really a shame.

(More general response for people with similar situations, as obviously I've talked to you about it.)

Are you viewing it on the original larger PS2 or a Thin PS2? I managed to watch one copy on an older PS2 and it worked, but said DVD's owner claimed it would not work on her family's thin PS2. In general, a Playstation 2 is a poor thing to view DVDs on given the very first releases have faulty lasers that are inconsistant and die over time, so even if you can play a disc today it might not work tomorrow. The new Thin PS2s are supposedly superior (I love mine), but as they're fairly new how long their laser life is remains to be seen.

Anyone having trouble playing the DVD should try using an actual computer DVD player. These players are less funny when it comes down to it and are generally impervious to the dreaded + / - R format war between HP and Sony, though in this case it might be funnier. I don't actually know if we used single or double layer dvds for the cosplay (I'm guessing single), but there are merely so many factors between the compatability of every DVD player on the market that you have to test your disc on multiple sources.

As for the actual cuts in skits, um... I don't really know what that's about but I'm guessing it was the result of a camera-end issue rather than a DVD issue. Most of the people assembling the cosplay DVD lack the experience and time with the equipment necessary to do things perfectly, so I'm going to guess these moments were learning curve errors.

Regardless, if in fact we do a cosplay DVD next year we'll do our best to get a quality product out. Please continue to list criticisms here and on the actual Animazement Forum so that we can minimize the dissatisfaction on our next endeavor. Also list what you were expecting to find on that shiny disc that simply wasn't there so that if things are beyond our capabilities (re: budget) we'll be sure to make things clear prior to your purchase what you're in for.