PDA

View Full Version : SuikoJamboree

Morrissey
12-03-2002, 11:39 PM
We'd like to welcome all Suikoden fans to officially join SuikoJamboree. What is SuikoJam? It's a bunch of Suikoden fans that like to have fun discussing the series and cosplaying at cons. Our first cosplay appearance will be at AX 2003. Anyone can join and be a part of it. What do you have to do to be a part of it?
Just pick a star of destiny (your favorite) and send us an icon that you would like us to post for your pic (real or imaginary). Give us a little info, such as your fav characters, fav suikoden etc and any cosplay pics that you have of those characters. We'll post them and share them with other Suiko fans. This is just for fun and we invite people who want to learn more about the series to inquire within. Our webpage is almost completed as well as our tablet of stars. Just e-mail the info or if you have any questions to ranma72@yahoo.com or lildreamer@theragereborn.com. I am part of AX staff and if we get enough people involved maybe we'll have a Suiko panel and maybe a fashion show. Come join the fun that is SuikoJamboree.

FlameSniperRei
12-03-2002, 11:53 PM
umm.... can we say let's be more original? that name sounds a lot like our group, Sailor Jamboree. I suggest you change the Jamboree part because I can gaurantee there will be confusion.

Celine
12-04-2002, 12:00 AM
>Our first cosplay appearance will be at AX 2003.

So, is this a performance group (like the above mentioned Sailor Jamboree), or just a club sort of thing? ^^ Is it a group that's only planning to attend certain conventions?

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 12:05 AM
O.o ....eh see people got confused already.

Celine
12-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Rei- The name is a dead-ringer for Sailor Jamboree... I wonder if that's intentional? Your group is very well known and respected. ^_^ It's entirely possible that this group's name is meant to be similar.

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 01:18 AM
that's not cool cuz people will get confused n' stuff. -_-;

Trunks61
12-04-2002, 01:37 AM
This link is our detailed answers to ALL your questions.

*note*

Link coming soon.

Until then, enjoy this link.

www.rpgdreamer.com/music/suik/suik12.mid

*note* Don't click on the link, copy and paste it on your browser, it DOES matter. ^^;

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 02:12 AM
it would wise to change your name though, or people would be confused. It makes you look unoriginal.

Morrissey
12-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Well, SuikoJamboree probably isn't our final name. Let's just say it's a working name so it'll change once we vote on a final name. As for us being a performance group, sure why not. It will depend on the members and what they want to do. It's both a club and a cosplay group. As for what cons, obviously we can't go to all but I would like AX2003 to be a starting point. More details will be forth coming. Again, as for the name, we will chang it. It's just a name we're going by until we get settled.

Rosiel
12-04-2002, 09:09 AM
I would like to mention that this is completely unrelated to the Suikoden III group for Anime Expo 2003 that is being discussed in many different threads at the moment.

Maryssa
12-04-2002, 10:54 AM
oh geez -_- see what this is doing already? It would have been a little better to think about this a little more before posting... the name and what rosiel mentioned are both problems that you should clear up in your FIRST post. Dont make people click on your link because most likely they wont.

sailor-moon
12-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Morrissey
Well, SuikoJamboree probably isn't our final name. Let's just say it's a working name so it'll change once we vote on a final name. As for us being a performance group, sure why not. It will depend on the members and what they want to do. It's both a club and a cosplay group. As for what cons, obviously we can't go to all but I would like AX2003 to be a starting point. More details will be forth coming. Again, as for the name, we will chang it. It's just a name we're going by until we get settled.

the if its not the name you shouldnt have put it here. ^.^ so much confusion! i hear jamboree, i think crissy/gina/Bri,lol ^o^ so much confusion for other poeple.... *,* .....:thumbsup:

Usagi

Lil Dreamer
12-04-2002, 11:37 AM
lol lol lol, controversies are kewl. schway dewd!!!

Nipple. :)

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 12:39 PM
;p you guys trying ride off our tail coats or something.. ?
seriously though, people already associate jamboree with sailor jamboree.

if jamboree was in the game Taboo.. people would say ''sailor''. -_-;

Maryssa
12-04-2002, 12:55 PM
i would say "mickey mouse club"

Lil Dreamer
12-04-2002, 12:56 PM
then i'd say Britney Spears... O_o

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Seriously though, you will 99.99% of the time be mistaken for our group because the name is too similar. I don't think you guys want to be mistaken for an all-girl Sailor Senshi Cosplay group. The word "Jamboree" had little meaning in the cosplay community before we came aboard so now it's almost always associated with "Sailor Jamboree" in the context of cosplay.

Please come up with something more original otherwise people will automatically assume that you are trying to be copycats (regardless of any explainations that you may have) and I am sure you don't want to be put into that category of Sailor Jamboree Wannabes. ^.^*

Thank you,
Gina

soshi
12-04-2002, 01:32 PM
I see this and I think... they're making fun of Sailor Jamboree. nice? not really. stoppable? once again, not really. the word jamboree isn't copyrighted.

ah, the price of fame...

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 03:15 PM
dude..don't make me get a patent
on the word ''jamboree'' for cosplaying then. ;p

eiter they're making fun of us or it could be like ''imitation is the highest form of flattery'', but i'm not flattered, i'm annoyed. Either way,
Suiko Jamboree is asking for trouble. copycats!

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 03:30 PM
No the word Jamboree by itself is not copyrighted because it is too general. However in business terms (if we both were businesses for an example) Sukio Jamboree can be legally sued for having a similar name as a whole if it confuses "customers". I did a research project in Business analysis class regarding an issue like this. A seafood restaurant was copied by a seafood packing company and they sued them for using a similar name to confuse customers (because the restaurant was well known) into thinking they were associated with the restarant, and the restaurant won.
Once we copyright Sailor Jamboree we have grounds to sue.

<~ Bach in Sci, in Business Administration ^.^v

At any rate, it seems the leftovers of the Rage never liked us anyway besides Rey-Rey. ~.~

Lil Dreamer
12-04-2002, 03:34 PM
so what would happen if we patent it first??

Celine
12-04-2002, 03:43 PM
>so what would happen if we patent it first??

Stop trying to pick fights with Sailor Jamboree. They're established, you are not. It's advisable that you do change the name. As your friend said: "SuikoJamboree probably isn't our final name." No matter if you intended to copy their name, or if you like their group or not, there's no excuse to keep pressing their buttons. Even if you like controversy, this isn't really the best place or the most mature way to discuss your group's name.

sailor-moon
12-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by FlameSniperRei
No the word Jamboree by itself is not copyrighted because it is too general. However in business terms (if we both were businesses for an example) Sukio Jamboree can be legally sued for having a similar name as a whole if it confuses "customers". I did a research project in Business analysis class regarding an issue like this. A seafood restaurant was copied by a seafood packing company and they sued them for using a similar name to confuse customers (because the restaurant was well known) into thinking they were associated with the restarant, and the restaurant won.
Once we copyright Sailor Jamboree we have grounds to sue.

<~ Bach in Sci, in Business Administration ^.^v

At any rate, it seems the leftovers of the Rage never liked us anyway besides Rey-Rey. ~.~

..the smartness confuses me^.^lol, but yea,if anytyhing these guys would so get it if they tried to take the jamboree name. so infact you have nothing to worry about, you have a lot of people behind ya, so if they did take the name, it would all go down the drain cause people wouldnt like them for doing that.

Usagi

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 03:53 PM
yea..what's up with you Lil' Dreamer?
You have a bone to pick with me?

Lil Dreamer
12-04-2002, 03:55 PM
they're the ones that have a problem with the name, not us. and as far as picking fights, nah, i don't pick fights, i passed High School already thank u.

sailor-moon
12-04-2002, 03:56 PM
oh oh! someones gonna get there but kicked my killer squall..lol:thumbsup:

Sami
12-04-2002, 03:57 PM
*hopes this doesn't make all Suikoden cosplayers look bad in the process; hides* -_-

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 03:58 PM
ohh i didn't know you were out of high school.

anyway, if you use Suikojamboree, you're asking
for trouble. If you were wise, you would change it, but i can't expect too much out of you huh.

Lil Dreamer
12-04-2002, 03:58 PM
nah i guess not. so i'll guess u'll just have to live with it now won't u?

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 04:00 PM
we shall see.

sailor-moon
12-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Lil Dreamer
nah i guess not. so i'll guess u'll just have to live with it now won't u?

oooohh............. someones gonna get it.........

Cassandra
12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
SuikoClan would sound better :D

SuikoJamboree just doesn't sound right.....

Celine
12-04-2002, 04:08 PM
>and as far as picking fights, nah, i don't pick fights,

Well, call it what you like, but you're intentionally aggravating them. I don't want to see any more of this from you or L to the 3rd (everyone else, please refrain from encouraging these sort of posts). Stop provoking them.

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 04:08 PM
No even if you patented your name first we would end up having the rights to use our name because we were established first. Plus we acutally perform semi professionally which you obviously have not and we can be considered a business.
Would you like to speak to my cousin who is a lawyer? Did I mention that my boss is a graduate of Harvard Law? :)

Anyway this is getting ridiculous. I am sick and tired of the ex-ragers being complete assholes to us for no reason. You guys need to grow up because your immaturity is inexcuseable.

It is obvious that you chose the name "Sukio Jamboree" because of our name and the popularity that goes along with it. Unless you want to be put with the other wannabe Sailor Jamboree groups out there, you should try to use your heads to make up an original name that represents your own group and your own ideas. Riding off of a well known name is only detrimental to you. Automatically people will go "there goes another wannabe Sailor Jamboree". You will always be an imitator never the originator.

People.....it's not hard being more creative. Just use your head if you've got one.

final testament
12-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Actually...I'm a lawyer and part of this whole thing. There is nothing I can see that has anything to do with the law. No laws are being broken and YES I would love to talk to your cousin that's a lawyer.

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 04:12 PM
and where is your degree from? Being a Para legal is not being a real lawyer by the way.

There could be something done, it's called cease and desist. and there is proof right here in the message board that people are confused.

Omg you guys are such losers.....how sad. ~.~

Cassandra
12-04-2002, 04:13 PM
You're 22 years old and a lawyer????

You must have been Doogie Howser or something.....

final testament
12-04-2002, 04:16 PM
This is sooo amusing!! Dance puppets!!

FlameSniperRei
12-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah that's rather impossible. If a lawyer talks like the way he does....then America is in big trouble.

I can't take these guys seriously they're just a bunch of trouble makers that don't know what they are talking about. ~.~ Stupid-heads.

Celine
12-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Okay, that's enough. Settle your personal differences elsewhere.