PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Tales of Anime?

Saiyan Princess
07-13-2004, 09:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone's going to Yaoi Con's one day all ages con called "Tales of Anime". It seems cool. They even have a theme for cosplaying and the title of this year is Heros and Demons. I'm just afraid since its the first year they're won't be that many people. I heard the first couple of years of a con are not that good. Is that true? Anyways if you guys are interested check out their site.

www.talesofanime.com

I hope a lot of people go and it starts off with a bang.

AmazonPrincess
07-15-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm thinking about going, if I have the money to spare, but that depends on if I have everything pretty much in order for Yaoi-Con by then.

DarkLordOfFluff
07-16-2004, 03:31 AM
I plan to go, if i can get that day off work. That particular con happens to land right in the middle of the almond harvest, so I may be out of luck. I am preparing for it. Dusting off the Gendo costume, polishing up the shoes, cleaning the barbeque sauce out of the white gloves, and growing out a real beard this time instead of that annoying fake stuff.

YuffieK
07-16-2004, 08:28 PM
*waves hand in air* I'm going!! =3. I'm gonna be yura of the hair from inuyasha to fit the 'demon' part of the theme ^_^ see you guys there!

Kaelistale>^o^<
07-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Haha me nad my sister are gonig were gonna dress up ass the crazy 88 from Kill Bill mainly cause were nto skilled enough to design costumes as monsters so we go as evil people in suits!

Maiyu.C
08-11-2004, 09:45 PM
*waves* I'll be going as it's very near my apt. ^^

Dany
08-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Will be there. It's going to eat a day out of the Golden Gate Renaissance Faire, but hey..why not?

Since it's a one-day event, costuming is sort of up in the air. I don't think I can get the Witch Hunter Robin waitress outfit done in time (work ethic slightly kicked by a myriad of minor physical ailments) so I may either throw myself a good "generic zombie" gear together (given some of the theme stuff mentioned for the con) or I'll bring my Mina costume and really go to town on the neck makeup. I'd like to focus on getting pictures, however, so whatever I wear, ideally, should not get in the way of that.

Karisu-sama
08-12-2004, 01:42 AM
It totally figures - Yaoi-con throws an all-ages-welcome event, right when I and MY KIDS will be OUT OF TOWN. >.<

Karisu-sama
08-13-2004, 12:27 AM
UPDATE: We may be in town after all. I still have to check...

Michi
08-13-2004, 12:37 AM
There seems to be a big topic for this already. o.o

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=39678

Karisu-sama
08-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Oh, I see - that thread got started the day I left for Japan. :p No wonder I didn't see it.