PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any pre-con disasters?

Mich
07-14-2004, 06:44 AM
I thought I'd start this thread cos I have.....well Hubby has..... :rolleyes:
He came back from a business trip last Friday night,and on Saturday I suggested that I scan a copy of our passports...THEN the horrible truth struck...
He had put his passport into an identical laptop bag,walked off,then a Tanhoy announcement called him back.He swapped back cases and found out he had left his passport in the other man's bag.....
Needless to say we are due to fly out from the U.K. on Sunday,and the passport Office are saying we will get the new passport on Monday...YIKES!
There is a slim chance that we might get it by the weekend,but have been told to ring back this Friday...Oh the tension.......
So it might mean that I will have to fly out with my daughter to San Francisco,and wait for him to join us...then travel down to SD....

In the meantime,I am working all day tomorrow,and have a driving lesson on Friday,as well as that day being my daughter's end of term school disco.saturday ( fingers crossed) we will know more about the passport...sunday flying to America.....with or without Hubby....
If anyone says that Cosplayers should 'get a life' I think I would be quite within my rights to happily 'throttle' them LOL

Anyone else having a nightmare time at the mo????

Mich
07-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Hmmmnn,I take it it's only me then??????!!!!! :lost: :waaaah:

ZiggyB
07-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I think everyone is busily freaking out about finishing their costumes for SDCC to post. Don't feel bad. ;-)

As for me, I'm trying to figure out the logistics of getting 6-9 people from NorCal to SoCal in one peice. 8-/

Mich
07-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Ooohhh good luck to you.....
My Hubby's passport is ready to collect now.....HHooorraaahhhh!

Rogue Marvel
07-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm just spazing about finishing my costume...I have learned that sometimes modifying patterns can be way easier then that following them

Ami Yuy
07-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Finally I have a con without any pre-stressing (which usually leads to my disasters). (Yet... *crosses fingers*) Thursday night/early Friday of AX I managed to give myself a 2nd degree burn on my inner arm from hitting the iron. >.< Pain... Lol, it's still there and healing, and amazingly it looks like I might not have a scar/much of a scar.

Dany
07-19-2004, 01:22 PM
No disasters yet...but I'm behind schedule, and I don't like to be behind schedule.

I have everything I need though...everything but time. Something tells me I'm not sleeping either tonight or tomorrow. Not sure yet.

I still need to dye my hair. DOH.