PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear XX

Demon Hyo
12-04-2002, 10:02 AM
Finally, my fav fighting game is coming home in a few weeks. I can't wait! GGXX is gonna rock! Who else likes this game and what characters does everyone use here? Too bad it's not coming to Dreamcast! *damn PS2 and it's large support ... GRRRRRRR* I am interested in other peeps opinions nyo!

Pool Cue Ronin
12-04-2002, 10:57 AM
It'll be out for the Japanese ps2 on Dec 12. It'll be hitting American shores on Feb.4. It'll be two months, but I doubt I could wait that long.
Oh, and look at my name and guess who I play.
: ]

psythe
12-04-2002, 11:08 AM
GGXX!!! *dances*

I use Jam and Testament, and Im guessing you use Venom ^^v

Demon Hyo
12-04-2002, 11:10 AM
I use Jam, May, and Potemkin. I simply adore Jam! I also cosplay as Potemkin! Yay for Jam lovers!

psythe
12-04-2002, 11:11 AM
*wants the Jam Resin statue*

@_@;; It's so nice.....but so expensive

Studmaster
12-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Feburary 4th!?!?!?

Alright, that's just before my Birthday. Is someone bringing their PS2 to Katsu, because if they are? LETS ROCK!!! :D

psythe
12-04-2002, 11:16 AM
I can see that, Studmaster! Never tried to hook it up in a hotel before though....think they have the hookups?

psythe
12-04-2002, 11:33 AM
No takers? Come ooooon.... GGXX throwdown at Katsu! ^^v

Studmaster
12-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Well some Hotels have the hookups, but there are a bitch to get to. Others are ancient and decrept so they have nada.

To solve it, some people bring portable Televisions.

If worse comes to worst. I'll just bring my copy and hopefully the game room will be open 24 hours for some late night action.

psythe
12-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Cool, I'll bring the PS2 with the most basic AV cable and cross my fingers.

Recca-kun
12-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
*wants the Jam Resin statue*

@_@;; It's so nice.....but so expensive I kind of want the Chinese dress one although whenever I see pictures it doesn't look as good as I would have hoped. The other one makes her look like jailbait, which makes me cry. :blubber:

When I don't use Jam I play Ky, Milia, and occasionally Anji.
Originally posted by Demon Hyo
Yay for Jam lovers! *Grins and waves* You rang? :D

Demon Hyo
12-04-2002, 04:53 PM
I have the Jam resin statue (the kicking one). It's such a work of art. Jam is so cute nyo!!!

Alisa
12-04-2002, 05:48 PM
I like Dizzy.

Studmaster
12-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Noriko-Chan
I like Dizzy.

*Hugs* Dizzy is my favorite too.

Iori E
12-04-2002, 08:45 PM
I've been playing Guilty Gear XX in the arcade for about half a year now, and all I gotta say is that there better be endings in the console version (good ones at that), because it's rather boring to beat the last boss several times and only get credits.

I never really played Guilty Gear X, and I only play the new characters in XX. So that's 15 characters I have no clue how to use. ^^; (Some cheapo opponents at the arcade forced me to learn to play Millia.)

Pool Cue Ronin
12-05-2002, 12:34 PM
The console version wll have several new modes of play, including storymode and mission mode. You guys can check out previewhere (http://www.the-nextlevel.com/previews/ps2/ggx2/).
As for Katsu, there's going to be a big showing of GG fans, and yes, we'll probably be bringing our own TV for a throwdown unlike any other. You can find out more info here (http://gamecombos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8387&perpage=30&pagenumber=1/).

CrackPr0n
12-09-2002, 07:18 AM
GGXX home version has 8 modes or so total. Gallery, Medal, Survival, Mission, Guilty Gear, Story, Arcade and I can't remember the last. Tragic got a copy of the US final beta about 2 weeks ago. I'm going up to his place to play soon.

www.gamecombos.com Tragic put up almost everything about the game there is to know.

I'm currently looked at as #3 in nationals(though unofficial). Tragic #1 Combofiend#2

-=/ i should be able to beat Combofiend.

Ky, Bridget, May, Faust main
Sol,Chipp secondaries.

DJ(SiC)ness
12-11-2002, 06:32 PM
i need some pics of the new characters

diqitaldreams
12-11-2002, 08:06 PM
I have a habit of using Baiken, Anji, Millia, and Sol. XD

liz-maru
12-12-2002, 08:30 PM
i cannnnnnnntttttt waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiitttttt!!! SOL! *falls over*

Pool Cue Ronin
12-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by CrackPr0n
GGXX home version has 8 modes or so total. Gallery, Medal, Survival, Mission, Guilty Gear, Story, Arcade and I can't remember the last. Tragic got a copy of the US final beta about 2 weeks ago. I'm going up to his place to play soon.

www.gamecombos.com Tragic put up almost everything about the game there is to know.

I'm currently looked at as #3 in nationals(though unofficial). Tragic #1 Combofiend#2

Sol,Chipp secondaries.
Dude, are you going to that Magnum Opera tournament?
I really hope I can make it, but it's either gonna be Pittsburgh or Cali, and I dunno if I have money for either.
Go Team US! Or something. : D

Trunks61
12-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Crack Pron's already banned... but I seriously doubt he'll ever be looked at as number #3 nationally.

Fellow Rage member DemonHyo (Al) whooped him going 2-0 at last years Animagic. Back then he bragged to be the best as well... and did you notice he said

though unofficial? That's because he isn't, plain and simple... there are sooo many better players, Hyo' being one of them.

Pool Cue Ronin
12-15-2002, 01:43 AM
Eh, who cares, as long as they're fodder to me. :)
In any case, I'll be picking up my copy next week, along with a premodded PS2.
Too bad I'm on the East Coast. In NYC.
I NEED COMPETITION, DAMN IT! ;_;

SpPANDA
12-16-2002, 02:44 PM
may will always be my favorite character!

SpPANDA
12-18-2002, 02:01 AM
i wish i could participate in such endevors.

Pool Cue Ronin
12-19-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SohmaYuki
hahaha beat me 2-0 on controls that didn't work. When s.S s.S c.S qcf+k RC-> dash forward c.P s.S -JC- j.K j.S -JC- j.S j.HS dp+S isn't coming out, then something is hiiiiiiiiiiiiighly wrong.

Super Battle Opera is in Japan @_@... The US placement of all the games will be taking place in i think february they decided. Right now Team USA will probably be Tragic/Combofiend/me(though if i make the team i won't be able to go, can't afford a Japan trip). So ID will probably take my place If he can. Combofiend isn't even sure he can go because of his enlistment into the arms services.

Peter(mouko) is alternate, and Rommell or Yu are the only other players that we really see as having a good chance.

Hmmm... when playing beta a thing was changed. I couldn't do May dust-JC- j.D j.D -JC- j.D j.K j.HS dp+S combo. Other than that, it was arcade perfect.
Maybe I could be the third man. That is, assuming I can get my hands on a premodded ps2 and GGXX before C-Mas.
Just think, though: A EC/WC team-up against Japan; it would be a mircle.

SpPANDA
12-20-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by CrackPr0n

Sol,Chipp secondaries.

i've met tragic. he's such a dick head it's not funny.
he's soo damn egotistical...
you beat him at something and he'll piss and moan...

its whacky

Pool Cue Ronin
12-20-2002, 10:43 AM
LOL. So that explains why the community of HerV hates him so.
And yes, he is a whiny bitch.

psythe
12-20-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm no superstar at GGX, I just like the gorgeous graphics, great music and killer character design XD!!!

Seriously cool stuff ^^v

tragic
12-24-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by SpPANDA
i've met tragic. he's such a dick head it's not funny.
he's soo damn egotistical...
you beat him at something and he'll piss and moan...

its whacky

When have you met me? Care to give me your name? I don't remember meeting anyone with screenname SpPANDA but I could have forgotten. Maybe you've "seen" me, but "meeting / knowing" me are completely different from "seeing" me.

As far as being egotistical, far from it. I've never said I was the best. However, when I comment on something (such as games I play for tournaments) I'm confident in my knowledge. Maybe that's what you read as egotistical.

Originally posted by Pool Cue Ronin
LOL. So that explains why the community of HerV hates him so.
And yes, he is a whiny bitch.

No, the reason HV hates me is because I went and argued against one of their reviews. Aside from the opinions, the part they presented as fact was incorrect. It turned into a heated flame battle, and of course, no one ever "wins" (if there's anything to win) a pointless IRC/Forum/Online flame war when they are "away from home" so to speak. Just the way the net works.

Then yeah, after that, they seem to bring me up every now and again in different posts.

As far as you are concerned Pool Cue Ronin, you can talk all the crap you want, but that doesn't change the fact that I was constantly getting complaints about you modding the Arc Systems forum. I msged you about it, you said cool, we agreed on whatever, then everything was cool for 2 or 3 days, then the complaints kept coming in. Again, I told you it wasnt permanent but I guess it irked you enough to come talk crap here instead of dealing with it directly w/ me. It's cool np.

To be fair, it seems like everyone I put as mod of Arc/Sammy forums gets more complaints than any other mod on the site. Pretty weird, but whatever.

ben

Morrissey
12-24-2002, 08:16 AM
Demon Hyo owns all of you at GGXX. That is all.

tragic
12-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Morrissey
Demon Hyo owns all of you at GGXX. That is all.

I've never heard of Demon Hyo until just now. Hopefully he will come to the Super Battle Opera qualifiers in January at Camelot Golfland. Most hardcore GGXX players are always looking for other competetive players, and I'm not one to turn down a challenge. Lemme know if Demon Hyo is going to the qualifiers so we can meet up and have a few games.

ben

Pool Cue Ronin
12-24-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by tragic

No
As far as you are concerned Pool Cue Ronin, you can talk all the crap you want, but that doesn't change the fact that I was constantly getting complaints about you modding the Arc Systems forum. I msged you about it, you said cool, we agreed on whatever, then everything was cool for 2 or 3 days, then the complaints kept coming in. Again, I told you it wasnt permanent but I guess it irked you enough to come talk crap here instead of dealing with it directly w/ me. It's cool np.

To be fair, it seems like everyone I put as mod of Arc/Sammy forums gets more complaints than any other mod on the site. Pretty weird, but whatever.

ben
God, you don't know when to chill out.
I was joking, fool. >:/

Morrissey
12-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Demon Hyo doesn't need to prove himself since he doesn't brag about himself. A little too modest of you ask me. I've been with him to golfland a few times and no one beats him. He's not interested in being ranked or anything. You won't see him at qualifiers. Maybe we seem to stick up for him since he's so modest. Also, he kicks ass with Potemkin? How bad is that? Anyways, if you guys to Ax you might have the honor of playing him there.

Morrissey
12-24-2002, 07:03 PM
Uh, he didn't play at AX last year so I wonder how you beat him. I also don't play GGXX since I really don't care for the combo system. I know for a fact he's good. It's others that seem overated. Since I'm in charge of Interactive events at Ax, maybe I can set up a one on one to see who is better. There might be a console Tourney of that game this year, my Console coordinator hasn't decided yet. I'll have to see if I can get it for the arcade too.

Pool Cue Ronin
12-24-2002, 07:48 PM
I thought player love/hate was exclusive to SRK.
: /
This is a tad ridiculous.

Morrissey
12-24-2002, 08:17 PM
I don't hate anyone. Just tired of people bragging about how good they are. I admit, I'm not good at all. Just offering Crack a friendly challenge at Ax vs my friend. Don't really see what's ridiculous about that. If Crack is as good as he says then he shouldn't have any problem beating my friend. I just don't think Demon Hyo will lose, that's all.

Coffin
12-31-2002, 08:58 PM
iori e, you can get the "real endings" by beating the game with out losing once, very hard to do...oh yeah... chip zanuff & zato-1 are the best...faust(dr. baldman) is funny...and SOL IS CHEAP!!!

Pool Cue Ronin
01-02-2003, 04:07 AM
Ahem..
if ANYONE wants to see (or hope for) a widespread GGXX arcade release in the US,
SIGN THIS PETITION!!! (http://www.petitiononline.com/ggx2usa/petition.html) We need all the support we can get.
*powa*

makio
01-02-2003, 03:24 PM
-signs!-
Have they even announced when it's coming to the console(s)?

Studmaster
01-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Feburuary 4th, PS2 in America.

psythe
01-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Gwa ha ha ha ha ha ha :devil:

I'm so there when it comes out XD!!

Pool Cue Ronin
01-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Notice how it's being released AFTER the Super Battle Opera tourney in Cali.
I is sad.

Eiri-kun
01-12-2003, 01:07 AM
After playing that game for a fair amount of time... I must say... I-no is ANNOYING. (Specially on Arcade Mode). You'll probably figure it out why. Anyhow, I tend to use Millia or I-no (considering the computer can turn her into an annoying...).

Pool Cue Ronin
01-12-2003, 10:58 AM
You mean the Boss version of I-No? She's pretty easy, actually.

Eiri-kun
01-13-2003, 02:27 AM
It's not really whether she's easy or not, it's the angel wing move that's practically annoying. Having to block it is deadly enough

tydawgsd
01-13-2003, 04:35 AM
I play Ky mainly.
Venom is a close second.
Chipp and Johnny are secondaries.

I have only got to play it a couple times in the arcade so I may like some of the new characters I haven't played yet. Hard to beat Ky though, I have been playing him since GG.

Pool Cue Ronin
01-14-2003, 12:42 AM
He's so different now.
I suggest you learn how to False Roman Cancel his Mega Stun Edge (qcf+HS). It'll definitely help you against the computer.

liz-maru
02-05-2003, 10:45 AM
WOW! this is me new fav fighting game! wooooooooooooo! i luv it so hard! i cant stop playin it!

diqitaldreams
02-05-2003, 10:51 AM
My friend and I went to the game store and reserved the last two copies. AWESOME.

Keurblitz
02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
!!!!!!!! -_-
It's sold out!!!
why is that?

Pool Cue Ronin
02-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Don worry, DD, I'll bring my copy to the Katsu hotel room.