PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering... is Yaoi-Con focused on yuri, as well?

Whitefox
07-14-2004, 11:51 PM
And... is there such a thing as Yuri-con? I'd love to go, but, ach... 4 more years. T_T

Emeralda
07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
There was a Yuri-con held in, I believe Newark, NJ this past con season (2003), and its fate is pretty much up in the air. Check Fansview and anipike to see if they've added to the site. (Sorry, I don't know it offhand)

Whitefox
07-17-2004, 02:15 AM
There was a Yuri-con held in, I believe Newark, NJ this past con season (2003), and its fate is pretty much up in the air. Check Fansview and anipike to see if they've added to the site. (Sorry, I don't know it offhand)

Oh okay. ^_^ Thanks.

Michi
07-17-2004, 03:10 AM
The YuriCon website is just http://www.yuricon.com/ ... Hm, I just checked the site and they removed the part that explains it, but the one YuriCon they had was a one time thing. There won't be any more, at least not run by these people. ^^; If someone else wants to make a yuri based con, that's up to them. :P

YaoiCon is very focused on yaoi. There really aren't any yuri events from what I can remember, and it's a very adult con. ^^;

Apsara
07-18-2004, 01:49 AM
No, at least I don't believe yaoi con is focused on yuri. It's almost exclusively about yaoi. That's not to say that con is against yuri or forbids yuri cosplay. It's just that most go there for the yaoi. If more interest was expressed, I'm pretty sure they'd have made a yuri con by now.

I myself have nothing against yuri, in fact I'm in a relationship with a girl myself, but since I seem to be in the minority about it, I go to Yaoi con and get my fix that way. ^__^

Apsara

Sixshot
07-18-2004, 01:50 AM
If you find ANYTHING yuri at Yaoi-con I'll be shocked to no end. I always wondered about Yuri con's fate and it seems to be dead. But yeah, don't expect to find anything yuri at yaoi-con, even just plain old heterosexual is a rarity (afterall, that's not the reason everyone's there, is it?)

Apsara
07-18-2004, 01:53 AM
*laughs* I remembered the very first year of yaoi con, in the Welcome/Goodies bag we were all given, there were a couple of english translated hentai! It was great, I gave it all to my cousins.

Apsara