PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky shoes

Makoto
12-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Every time someone finds out we're doing a Saber Marionette J group, the first question is "Do your shoes squeak?"

Of course, I want my shoes to squeak, but it's proving to be quite a task. It's been on my mind since the first moment of planning, but nothing so far has worked.

Here's a photo for reference (http://www.paper-wings.org/gallery/cherry/shoehelp.jpg).

I tried slipping a dog toy under my heel inside of the shoe, which worked for a bit but they couldn't take the stress. It's already quite difficult to walk in these, but the effort of lifting my heel to allow a toy to reinflate was a bit much. There are slippers inside of the outer shoe, but they're anchored at the toe so I can't really "tap" a squeaky-toy with my toe when I walk either.

The geta-base is wood, so I make a LOT of noise when I walk, but no squeaks yet! ^_^ Any suggestions would be wonderful.

MarshalBanana
12-04-2002, 02:16 PM
the noise doesnt have to originate from the feet, as long as there is a squeek you get the effect, try a handheld device, that way if you get sick of squeeking you can stop it easily

SleepingKirby
12-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Oh, so you're that Cherry!!!

I always thought that the shoe was something like a sneaker with a wooden base. If that's the case, you can easily sneak it into the sole. Just besure to have the padding to even out the bulge.

Integral
12-04-2002, 03:39 PM
"That Cherry"? Lol. We haven't even worn the costumes as a group yet.... XD

Bell-chan
12-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by MarshalBanana
the noise doesnt have to originate from the feet, as long as there is a squeek you get the effect, try a handheld device, that way if you get sick of squeeking you can stop it easily Yeah, I think this would be the best idea: You have control of it so you can stop when you're annoyed by it (and if your hand gets tired or something, just stop for that, too.). I also wanted to do Saber Marionette J cosplay, too, so this thread is helpful! Thanks ^_^

SleepingKirby
12-04-2002, 03:50 PM
oh, sorry, I saw a three some of Saber Marionettes at AX last time. I thought she said whenever someone sees us.
*darn my poor speed reading skills.*

Makoto
12-04-2002, 04:05 PM
I hope I'll be memorable enough to be a "That Cherry" to someone someday. #^_^#

Thanks for the input, everyone!

Carmila
12-05-2002, 11:18 AM
I don't know. Ask little asian kids. They have squeeky shoes in China and Japan. Inside they have those squeekers from hand puppets.